Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Code Geass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-16, 04:48   Link #3021
Levy
differently sober

RP session start:
This discussion is getting to new impressive peaks of foolishness.

So, you guys really think that a word like 'yearned' is enough, in its negative connotation, to destroy the deepness of the bond Lelouch established with CC?It's the most deep form of love one can experiment: total acceptance and mutual respect. All your schoolgirl/captain!mycaptain! crush can't stand a chance against this!
Lelouch only took advantage of the feelings Kallen and Shirley held for him, and manipulate them for his convenience whenever he got a chance. Who was the only one that he never manipulated? who was the only one he think of protecting from time to time even knowing that she it was completely unnecessary to do that, given that she can't die?!
Answer yourself and start to think... what is it more important, all of this 50 eps of development and mutual partnership, or a single pathetic and ambiguos line from a magazine you cling to in order to prove that our ship has been shot down?!!?

RP session end

@snowdevil-crown: don't worry^^ you are right and nice, but we are all pretty much 'roleplaying' the Romance thread now. We might think for real part of the core concepts of what we are saiyng, but it's brought to the extreme out of boredom I guess XD
Me and couple of people still posting are nothing like 'rabid' CluClu fans, the real rabid CluClu fans are MIA from months now, the rabid Shirlulu fans count down to my dear Nobodyman and a couple of adorable girls that are not rabid at all, and the Kalulu army is pretty much all the rest... though we are currently missing the Q1 of the rabid Kalulu fans. that reminds me...sky, be carefull, or we might start a shipping war about if you are more canon with Loli or yvj now! XD
Old 2009-03-16, 04:55   Link #3022
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

The truth is that there is absolutely no need to keep this thread alive since there is no news at all about pairing. So in the end, it's always the same conversation about the same thing. And so, many people don't see the point to debate anymore (like me).
Old 2009-03-16, 05:10   Link #3023
Levy
differently sober

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
The truth is that there is absolutely no need to keep this thread alive since there is no news at all about pairing. So in the end, it's always the same conversation about the same thing. And so, many people don't see the point to debate anymore (like me).
Yeah, that too. Nowaday this thread is the cosmic sewer in wich we let the worst part of our soul - aka the shipper - swim.
Your position is the most reasonable of all =)

but .. ya-yay! so much romantic development a'coming in the nexty PD, hopefully, right, Nobodyman??
nice pictures you shared ...<3 !!

*raise a lead shield to stop yvj's bullets*
=P
Old 2009-03-16, 05:12   Link #3024
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
This forum is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The threads are extended gutters and the gutters are full of gushy shipping and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their shipping and fangasms will foam up about their waists and all the Kalulus will look up and shout 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'no.' They had a choice, all of them. They could have followed in the footsteps of good men like Rising Dragon, or Sonae. Decent men, who believed in good respectable ships. Instead they followed the droppings of fanatics and obsessors and didn't realize that the trail led over a precipice until it was too late. Don't tell me they didn't have a choice. Now the whole forum stands on the brink, staring down into bloody hell, all those Kalulus and intellectuals and smooth-talkers, and all of a sudden nobody can think of anything to say.[/way overdramatic theatrical mode ]
Old 2009-03-16, 05:44   Link #3025
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levy View Post
RP session start:
This discussion is getting to new impressive peaks of foolishness.

So, you guys really think that a word like 'yearned' is enough, in its negative connotation, to destroy the deepness of the bond Lelouch established with CC?It's the most deep form of love one can experiment: total acceptance and mutual respect.

Me and couple of people still posting are nothing like 'rabid' CluClu fans, the real rabid CluClu fans are MIA from months now, the rabid Shirlulu fans count down to my dear Nobodyman and a couple of adorable girls that are not rabid at all, and the Kalulu army is pretty much all the rest... though we are currently missing the Q1 of the rabid Kalulu fans. that reminds me...sky, be carefull, or we might start a shipping war about if you are more canon with Loli or yvj now! XD

[am i supposed to rp-in-smooth-shooter-now-mode? 8D]
That is irrelevant. We were referring crystal clear to "romance".
CCxL have an amazing relationship, pretty much what you described. But since someone mentioned CCxL vs KallenxLelouch, there had to be a mention of the "yearn"-concept. 8)

LOL
I am canon with no one. |DD;

ETA: With this logic Kusa-san, we should only leave the generic section open, since we have nothing to discuss other than the release of the last PD. Does not work that way. 8)
Old 2009-03-16, 06:04   Link #3026
Levy
differently sober

LOL I fail so much at RP the rabid fan, and your smoot shooter mode is pretty much undefeatable, but whatever ...XD

Crystal-clear from the girl's end, but I'm sorry, nothing is crystal clear from Lelouch's end not even toward Shirley and Kallen.
They still are miles away from him when he was alive, leave aside the fact that Kallen get his plan in the end, he was gone for good then....

Now that I think about it, CC is the only of the girls that had the feelings Lelouch hold for here explicitly wrote down in the Complete - he never "yearned" for her to be something, but she naturally became something that was his soulmate, we may say, and I don't know what you can ask for, nor I can imagine a deeper form of love than this.

nevermind, I still have my married OTP (Eli/Nogi) to ship like crazy XDD

[/RP]: rofl, now I really do not believe in what I've written. A connection deep like this might be of any nature, and be it not romantic love, I'm perfectly okay with that, it's even more interesting, in a way =)
Old 2009-03-16, 06:09   Link #3027
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
LOL I fail so much ar RP the rabid fan, and your smooth shooter mode is pretty much undefeatable, but whatever ...XD
That is because, against logic and smooth-talking, there is no armor like ignorance and raising interpretation points. 8)

Quote:
Crystal-clear from the girl's end, but I'm sorry, nothing is crystal clear from Lelouch's end not even toward Shirley and Kallen.
They still are miles away from him when he was alive, leave aside the fact that Kallen get his plan in the end, he was gone for good then....

Now that I think about it, CC is the only of the girls that had the feelings Lelouch hold for here explicitly wrote down in the Complete - he never "yearned" for her to be something, but she naturally became something that was his soulmate, we may say, and I don't know what you can ask for, nor I can imagine a deeper form of love than this.

nevermind, I still have my married OTP (Eli/Nogi) to ship like crazy XDD

[/RP]: rofl, now I really do not believe in what I've written. A connection deep like this might be of any nature, and be it not romantic love, I'm perfectly okay with that, it's even more interesting, in a way =)
Haha, so you basically wrote a text of wall to prove yourself "right" only to prove yourself "wrong" afterwards and not having a problem with it. 8D

Now, that is refreshing, i have to admit. |D;
Old 2009-03-16, 06:19   Link #3028
Levy
differently sober

The "rabid CluClu fan" was missing from the roleplay, I felt pressured to fil that role, but basically, yes, that's how it is... XD

I ship emotionally strong bonds way more than any shipping reinterpretation of them, expecially when it comes to canon, I prefer to have CC and Lelouch the way it is in the series, than have the authors pushing more on romantic feeling from CC's ends and ruining the harmony between them with something like "I don't know anymore what I feel for you, hence I'm backing away and act all angsty around you because, you know, I'm a mysterious girl in denial of her own feelings!!!" - that was another possibility.
I'm glad it didn't happen! ^ ^
Old 2009-03-16, 17:11   Link #3029
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

Roleplay romance fighting? That sounds awesome.

Though I kind of wish I'd been here back in the days of true shipwars... at the same time, I'm kind of glad I wasn't. xD

Doomdeedoom... so, does anyone wonder if Zero and Kaguya got married at the end? Considering that they're supposedly 'engaged' or whatever...
Old 2009-03-16, 17:17   Link #3030
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

RP? *-*
All right...

Why don't you people see that Clovis and C.C. were made for each other?! I mean... look at them!
C.C. is so seme, and Clovis so uke, and together, they could totally rule the world and stalk Lelouch!
Not to mention that Clovis has enough money to buy Pizza Hut. And he could draw it - over and over again!

Edit:
Oh, and the KaguyaxZero thing sounds awesome, too. Not very probable, but awesome, and Kaguya might actually stalk the poor guy. xD
Old 2009-03-16, 18:56   Link #3031
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdevil_crow View Post
Though I kind of wish I'd been here back in the days of true shipwars... at the same time, I'm kind of glad I wasn't. xD
Well, in a way, it is.
It is just more of behind the curtain of goody-goody metaphors. It is also taken, with hits below the belt, outside this section. 8)

So technically, it is so on. Always. And i mean this, with Geass-Romance, it is always on the table. 8D
Old 2009-03-17, 13:24   Link #3032
rave
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post
Well, in a way, it is.
It is just more of behind the curtain of goody-goody metaphors. It is also taken, with hits below the belt, outside this section. 8)
So technically, it is so on. Always. And i mean this, with Geass-Romance, it is always on the table. 8D
You mean the profile messages? We do know French and we can get what the line "i do not care about romance in Geass" means. But wait, that does not happen because the bitching goes there insttead of here. Narona and Eliarine certainly do not care about romance in Geass. They should enlighten us with the new info they got and do not want to share. (i said, i do know French)
Old 2009-03-17, 15:23   Link #3033
yvj
U Mad?

Thread needs to be reincarnated

Quote:
Originally Posted by rave View Post
You mean the profile messages? We do know French and we can get what the line "i do not care about romance in Geass" means. But wait, that does not happen because the bitching goes there insttead of here. Narona and Eliarine certainly do not care about romance in Geass. They should enlighten us with the new info they got and do not want to share. (i said, i do know French)
Ah yes the mysterious info I forgot all about that.

So Guise let's go back to some romance with another controversial topic

Li Xingke and Empress Tianzi? Are we talking a little Lolita situation here?

I never really got the vibe that Li Xingke had lolicon tendencies but maybe I just didn't want to see it.

I'd guess if it were to "happen" Li seems like the type of guy who would probably wait for her to turn 18 or at the very least 16 before making any kind of move. But then again Li probably doesn't have that much time to spare.

So Li and Tianzi?

We might as well toss Lelouch X Kaguya in there for the sake of discussion. Did Kaguya even have a chance at competing with Kallen, Shirley and C.C?

Probably not....But putting the "Big Three" aside. Maybe a few years later (if Lelouch didn't die) with her attitude (open minded for one thing ) you can argue that she may have been as good for Lelouch as anyone else.
Old 2009-03-17, 15:37   Link #3034
Levy
differently sober

You know, yvj, I think Kaguya won't have been such a bad match for Lelouch, in terms of match of personality.
She's deeply empathic and knews how hard can be to be forced in a difficult position, to wear masks and to accept compromises from the society.

She'd surely make a good wife for a Zero operating on a large scale organization -and won't be too shocked to find out the truth about him. As you said, she'se very open minded, and ready tu understand any single shade of a person's mind before judging him/her.

She did never get a chance to know Lelouch for real, but, as C.C. pointed out, she did understood him to a degree I'd say it's quite impressive, given their small interaction.

I do not know, on the other hand, if Lelouch would ever find something interesting in her - unlike, he definitely find something interesting/worthy in the other three girls - if not considering her a usefull support in the official matters
Old 2009-03-17, 16:33   Link #3035
Atlantis_Lux
Nightingale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
Why don't you people see that Clovis and C.C. were made for each other?! I mean... look at them!
C.C. is so seme, and Clovis so uke, and together, they could totally rule the world and stalk Lelouch!
Not to mention that Clovis has enough money to buy Pizza Hut. And he could draw it - over and over again!

Nogi, I love you! CCxClovis is the best pair ever
Old 2009-03-17, 17:46   Link #3036
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

Lelouch x Kaguya could have worked, maybe... what was it CC said, that logical/practical girls were more his type? She's very practical. And he was rather nice to her... and he put up with her saying they were married and everything...

But I don't think he ever really looked at her romantically. Given time, he might have, but I don't think it ever crossed his mind...
Old 2009-03-17, 18:13   Link #3037
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
Lelouch x Kaguya could have worked, maybe... what was it CC said, that logical/practical girls were more his type?
Hmmm I don't remember this? It seems strange with 2 out of 3 of his potential LI's being on the emotional side.

Quote:
She's very practical. And he was rather nice to her... and he put up with her saying they were married and everything...

But I don't think he ever really looked at her romantically. Given time, he might have, but I don't think it ever crossed his mind...
You're right he didn't have much time (or interest) to mull Kaguya over in his mind.

But the age difference is moot especially when it comes to royalty. With a few tweaks to the universe and given a few years with her persistence she might be able to break him down.
Old 2009-03-17, 20:28   Link #3038
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
Hmmm I don't remember this? It seems strange with 2 out of 3 of his potential LI's being on the emotional side.
Oh, it's just that in episode 10 R2 when they were driving away from Tianzi's wedding Lelouch said "Kaguya's talking to her[the Empress]. It appears she [the Empress] can't be swayed with logic alone," and CC commented "Not your type, huh?" or something similar. Which... is more that he isn't interested in nonpractical girls than that he is interested in practical girls, I guess... huh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
You're right he didn't have much time (or interest) to mull Kaguya over in his mind.

But the age difference is moot especially when it comes to royalty. With a few tweaks to the universe and given a few years with her persistence she might be able to break him down.
Yeah, I meant that he would they could have fit well together if the second rebellion had gone well and they'd had more time together. ^^
Old 2009-03-17, 20:30   Link #3039
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
its just not his forte
he is good with words and logic and so has trouble with the whole "heart" thing
it takes sheirly to give him a name for something he was doing from the start of the show in ep 11
Old 2009-03-17, 20:35   Link #3040
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
Oh, it's just that in episode 10 R2 when they were driving away from Tianzi's wedding Lelouch said "Kaguya's talking to her[the Empress]. It appears she [the Empress] can't be swayed with logic alone," and CC commented "Not your type, huh?" or something similar. Which... is more that he isn't interested in nonpractical girls than that he is interested in practical girls, I guess... huh.
That doesn't mean he's not interested in girls like that. Its more of a joke on C.C' part because Lelouch's main strength is his logic. And if he can't sway someone by logic he's at a disadvantage.

It's like C.C's way of calling him one dimensional. And again if he had no interest in girls like that neither Kallen nor Shirley would have been presented as LIs

Quote:
Yeah, I meant that he would they could have fit well together if the second rebellion had gone well and they'd had more time together. ^^
I'm kind of leaning towards the same thinking.