Originally Posted by Christine247 View Post
i dont know how to download the pics
Right click, save picture as...

Shall help.
Old 2009-03-17, 10:47   Link #23
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

I use Creative Noise Isolating Earphones with my iPhone and Macbook Pro. I'm not much of audiophile, but they sound good enough for me... better than those Apple earbuds.

Here what they look like (sorry for the poor quality picture):
Spoiler for earphones:

In addition, I also own a JBL Soundstage II for iPod or desktop use.

Last edited by chikorita157; 2009-03-20 at 18:53.
chikorita157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-17, 15:30   Link #24
Ending

Still using the same headphones as four months ago. They're about four years old and still working like a charm. Cleaning their pads is a bit of a chore, though, since they gather dust and whatever-you-got-in-your-ear.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-17, 15:32   Link #25
Hs Vi Germania
Please call me "senpai":)
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Hs Vi Germania
i only phone if i have to

icq is much cheaper :P
Old 2009-03-17, 16:19   Link #26
Vinak
Procrastinator

I used to have QuietComfort® 2 Acoustic Noise Cancelling® headphones. but they were stolen.
http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/...rt_2/index.jsp

I currently use the Fatal1ty gaming headphones. but with the old sound/mic jacks instead of the USB plug.
http://us.creative.com/products/prod...&product=17806

then i use Apple M8394G/C In-Ear Headphones for my ipod
http://www.amazon.com/Apple-M8394G-C...324631&sr=8-10
Old 2009-03-17, 22:10   Link #27
Desu
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I' have the Audio Technica AD900's. Only my second 'serious' set of headphones and I'm loving them.

Desu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-18, 04:53   Link #28
idiffer

Send a message via ICQ to idiffer
http://www.headphonedeals.org/?p=323
philips sbc hp195. dont even know if they sell them anymore. i'm also not into this whole thing, i just need headphones that enhance bass.
c) Your mind is too narrow to embrace my genius, de geso.
d) I was accidentally dropped into a barrel of whiskey, so now I am constantly drunk.
e) Go home and die! Dattebayo!
idiffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-18, 05:18   Link #29
Alchemist007
*Author

I have a Gigaware headset which gets the job done but leaves bass power to be desired. Also have a set of $10 circumaurals which also get the job done. I have no real complaints but I probably won't get any super fancy things for a long time, one day maybe.
Old 2009-03-18, 20:58   Link #30
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubt View Post
I' have the Audio Technica AD900's. Only my second 'serious' set of headphones and I'm loving them.

yeah i have the ATH-PRO700.. im new to headphones but so far theyve been pretty damn good.. could use a little bit more bass though..
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 03:27   Link #31
Jill Valentine

Curently i got these, the one i am going to buy is really expencive though
Spoiler for size:

Last edited by Jill Valentine; 2009-03-19 at 11:48.
Jill Valentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 11:45   Link #32
christine_cute
A total anime freak^^

well i can only picture myself^^
christine_cute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 11:51   Link #33
Sinfully Naomi
Teddytears
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Sinfully Naomi
Did anyone ever try listening to their favorite songs with messed up headphones to see if it would sound more epic?
Old 2009-03-19, 17:31   Link #34
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Never thought about making a thread like this before, but I am the biggest headphone junkie there is…Ever since I started to let my anime obsession envelop me around the turn of this century, I’ve always had to use headphones…Firstly because I didn’t want strange looks from suitemates//roommates when and if they heard what could be construed as kakamamie (Japanese language at a high volume coming out of your room when to someone outside the fandom that can be really firkin weird)…

As time progressed I would go through headphone after headphone, searching for the next big fix…The wireless ones that let me listen to TV while in the little-boys room, the cool ones with skulls on them, or any freaky design available…In the last few years it’s gotten even worse as I have only been able to find 1 brand (out of hundreds!!) that will satisfy me, but there’s a catch…The simple, sooopa-cheap RCA skate-punk wraparound headphones are like the best headphones!!! I’m not even kidding…I have spent the LAST 3 YEARS looking for headphones that would FORCE ME to get rid of these discount store, 5 dollar earpieces…I have bought 150$ Bose headphones, 200$ Sony Headphones, and a cornucopia of different heavy-duty headphones that all live in a random box I keep in my closet, but for some ungodly reason, NONE OF THEM compare with these cheapa$$, throwaway RCA headphones I buy from Family Dollar…I don’t know if they just configure better with my CPU or what, but I always get the most impactful and glorious sound from those…The expensive headphones almost always seem to be too contained, and too low for my liking, or they overbass the sound, but the RCA ones are just so perfect, but I hate that I can’t find any ones better (And trust me I configure sound levels on my CPU to try to make them sound better)…The bad part ofcourse is that the RCA ones clunk out after a few months because (in the end—over time), they just can’t take the bombastic nature of my sound cravings….But they are so damn cheap I just buy like 2 pair everytime I goto Family Dollar, and I’m set for like half the year…I know it’s crazy and maybe u guys have to find out for yourselves, but I swear on a stack of Bibles I’m telling the truth…I have even bought headphones that are supposedly in the same class as the RCA ones (with similar designs that are usually more $$) thinking they were the same and I was sadly mistaken each time…There are no comparisons, it’s really sad, but it’s almost like I can’t even listen to my favorite animes if I don’t have them on…
Old 2009-03-19, 23:04   Link #35
kguthrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubt View Post

Wearing the same ones now.
kguthrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-20, 02:41   Link #36
Alchemist007
*Author

Wingdarkness, I know what you mean. While I haven't exactly bought hundred dollar sets in my time, I do know that price means shit when it comes to personal preference. I had this one set of Coby supra-aurals which were the best thing ever in terms of sound quality.
Old 2009-03-20, 14:19   Link #37
slayer
essense

Send a message via MSN to slayer
cans:

akg 701s
senn hd 580 modded with hd-600 grills + cardas cable
senn hd 650 + cardas cable
senn hd 555
grado rs-2i

source:
Dacmagic running coax from x-fi extreme music

Amps
little dot MK V
gilmore light
slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-13, 22:50   Link #38
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Well, I received a new pair of noise-canceling headphones after losing my earbuds in a rest area on the Ohio Turnpike when coming back from vacation and being without headphones for nearly a month. I got a Sony MDR-NC7 which retails for $50 dollars and it sounds pretty decent and also gets rid of the noise such as the fan noise, although it's a bit uncomfortable after using them for several hours.

Sounds slightly better than my old ones... My old ones always seems to have a hissing noise when plugged into a computer... Now the only bad thing about them like with other noise canceling earphones is that it uses a battery.

Here is a pic of them:
Old 2009-08-13, 23:28   Link #39
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer View Post
cans:

akg 701s
senn hd 580 modded with hd-600 grills + cardas cable
senn hd 650 + cardas cable
senn hd 555
grado rs-2i

source:
Dacmagic running coax from x-fi extreme music

Amps
little dot MK V
gilmore light
That's some serious gear. I was under the impression that the older x-fis could only pass through a digital stream though. I didn't know they could do digital output for other sources.

(Also curious as to why the x-fi in particular, since I would have thought that there wasn't much point to a separate sound card if you're using digital out anyway.)

I can't really afford serious stuff at the moment, so I'm making due with a Koss SB-40 headset. If I win the lottery I'll definitely buy some serious cans though. And then e-mail some of the cosplaying girls I've met at cons and try and convince them to model them for me. Because I'd probably get some serious camera equipment too.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-14, 01:26   Link #40
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

I use a pair of Grado Lab SR 60. The ear frame is made from wood with leather head band. Looks like something you get from the 60s or 70s but when it comes to sound clarity..... it really blows my mind.

When i got the money, gonna sink a bit more and get the higher series. SR60 cost me about around 80 USD which is really cheap for it's quality.