AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2009-03-31, 11:16   Link #6021
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
So you suggest that the white uniforms are the actual AAS uniforms and the blue ones are all Fleet.

I must admitt this is something that never crossed my mind, as I saw the white uniforms as something more... well... special.

Oddly the three of them are the only characters we have seen with these uniforms so far.
Yeah, the problem is that so far there has never been any focus on the AAS. It was all either Navy or Ground Force. Any AAS members we did see were all in Barrier Jackets.

Still, it's the one thing those three have in common.

Meanwhile, everyone wearing blue once their affiliation was confirmed always marked them as Navy personnel.

Quote:
Err... I don't know if you read my post, but I did already mentioned that her uniform was more of a light grey compared to Nanoha's and Vita's on the Vocal Collection cover.
Oh, I thought you were comparing Subaru's SSX design with the Vocal design as if they were different uniforms... my mistake.

Quote:
Yes... all the differences you just named are actually the same difference between the 'blue uniform' and the GAS uniform.
(Another difference is that the seam that separates the silver/light brown and the blue/dark brown is going from the shoulders downwards to the middle of the chest, while on the blue/white uniforms it goes up towards the neck. Ah that was what you meant with shoulder stripe right? sorry about that... The collars are also different.)

You can also compare it with Caro's GAS uniform, only replace the light brown with silver, the dark brown with blue, get rid of the small golden batch and you see that the uniform is made after the exact same pattern.
Makes sense, the Special Rescue Force is a branch from the Ground Force disaster management after all.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 11:28   Link #6022
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Yeah, the problem is that so far there has never been any focus on the AAS. It was all either Navy or Ground Force. Any AAS members we did see were all in Barrier Jackets.

Still, it's the one thing those three have in common.

Meanwhile, everyone wearing blue once their affiliation was confirmed always marked them as Navy personnel.
Now the problem I have it whats with the knobs on the upper arms?

I know there are round ones and hollow ones (We see both in StrikerS, so it's not just an design update.)

Ok... let's think about it. people with round knobs or buttons or whatever (Damn! Someone give me a proper name for this, my english is not creative enough!) are:
Nanoha, Vita, Fate, Teana, Hayate, Griffith, Shario and the people that are being drilled by Nanoha at the end.

People with hollow 'things' are:
Amy, Alex, Lucino and a lot of people we see during A's.

Griffith is said that he is handeling administrative matters on board of a ship, while Lucino is now proceeding on the path of being a ship navigator.

So maybe people with hollow 'things' are bridge crew?

BTW: Thank you for discussing this with me, it really helps me a lot figuring out stuff.
Old 2009-03-31, 12:09   Link #6023
Yurichan

Send a message via MSN to Yurichan
Quote:

I know there are round ones and hollow ones (We see both in StrikerS, so it's not just an design update.)
I like the knobs they give a unique design to the outfit. Never thought that deep about them. I think they are just for design. Or they might be for easy recognision. Or they have a special function that only have when you have a upper class ranking or something.

Nanoha and Fate's outfit fit perfectly with there bodies and colors x3. I think they have made there outfits like that on purpose because it just looks so great on them

I am back, animesuki. From a long time of absence. Aren't you glad?
yurichan/s&t kawaii love
Yurichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 12:15   Link #6024
JINNSK
黒猫のウィズやってます

Quote:

This comic may solve your problem (if you could read Japanse.Anyone please translate it).
This comic is from the Megami Magazine.And the artist who drew this comic said that he got these idea from the author in his site.So these can be official.Probably
JINNSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 12:30   Link #6025
Ottocycle

Well, in case anyone wants to use it, I'll translate, canon or not.

The comic says that those round things store your personal data, and serve as a tracker to your location. Kind of like a tracking dogtag I guess.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 12:37   Link #6026
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

.... sounds very much as an artist gig, especially considering the mages have and use their devices for that. And it still wouldn't explain the hollow ones.

I think it has something to do with rank. Note for example that Chrono wears a different design of those things.
Old 2009-03-31, 12:38   Link #6027
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

But my real question was: Why are there 2 different kinds of knobs?

Quote:
I think it has something to do with rank. Note for example that Chrono wears a different design of those things.
Yes, as do Regius and Graham.

Lindy and Leti also feature a slighty different design for thier round knobs.
Old 2009-03-31, 12:39   Link #6028
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
But my real question was: Why are there 2 different kinds of knobs?
More then two, actually. In the last two minutes the number has already risen to four. Chrono has a hollow rectangular design on his uniform, while the 3 Admirals have a round golden one.
Old 2009-03-31, 12:39   Link #6029
Yurichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINNSK View Post

This comic may solve your problem (if you could read Japanse.Anyone please translate it).
This comic is from the Megami Magazine.And the artist who drew this comic said that he got these idea from the author in his site.So these can be official.Probably
That's funny.

So is this an official comic from Nanoha StrikerS then? It says copyright above there. So if it's official then the creator is a pro-nanofate relationship mangakan. On his/her website http://chanomi.sakura.ne.jp/ it features some cute yuri pics

yurichan/s&t kawaii love
Old 2009-03-31, 12:42   Link #6030
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I'd say it's more of an 'official parody' instead of an official comic.
Old 2009-03-31, 12:43   Link #6031
Ottocycle

Quote:
Very possible, given that Regius wears the same version too. Their equivalent of the star(General, Admiral) on Earth for his and Chrono's case.

Auris has the hollow round one, and she's a equivalent of a Major(sansa).
While Teana at the end of StS didn't have anything like those, so we can assume she probably stayed as enlisted personnel while assisting Fate, like Shario.

I don't have my episodes around, but I guess Griffith's at the end of StS would be indicative of what would a junior commissioned officer would wear.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 12:44   Link #6032
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yurichan View Post
That's funny.

So is this an official comic from Nanoha StrikerS then? It says copyright above there. So if it's official then the creator is a pro-nanofate relationship mangakan. On his/her website http://chanomi.sakura.ne.jp/ it features some cute yuri pics
There is no NanoFate in Outer Cadia...only HAYURION!!!!

and Keroland >_>

*phases away*
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 12:45   Link #6033
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
How many OC's did we have that were potential love interests for Nanoha and Fate? I remember Kha and Hibiki, but beyond them it's getting blurry...
Old 2009-03-31, 12:47   Link #6034
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
More then two, actually. In the last two minutes the number has already risen to four. Chrono has a hollow rectangular design on his uniform, while the 3 Admirals have a round golden one.
Hm... so it could be possible that they start with 'hollow without plate' go to 'hollow with plate', to round with schoulder plates (Auris), to the rectangular with schoulder plates (Clyde) to rectangular with decorated shoulder plates/'round with different plate' (Chrono, Lindy ect.), to rectangular with decorated golden shoulder plates (Graham, Regius) and last to golden round (the 3 'high' Admirals).

Edit: I put the Italic stuff in between, correct some names.
Old 2009-03-31, 12:48   Link #6035
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Quote:
That's funny.

I highly doubt it's canon. As Keroko said, it's likely to be "official parody" than anything else.

Also, please keep the NanoFate rhetoric out of here. This is not the thread for discussing such matters.
Old 2009-03-31, 12:49   Link #6036
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
/me phases in

Quote:
That's funny.

err...... wrong place to discuss this stuff.

----------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Dynasty View Post
Also, please keep the NanoFate rhetoric out of here. This is not the thread for discussing such matters.
Listen to this fellow. It's not an option. It's obligatory.

------------------------------------------------
Quote:
How many OC's did we have that were potential love interests for Nanoha and Fate? I remember Kha and Hibiki, but beyond them it's getting blurry...
Kha/Fate (I forgot)
Hikki/Nanoha (it started as a VA joke of sort, since Hikki's married to Kawasumi Mai [Kanon])
Hayate/Aurion (Almaria resembles Hayate in one way or another)
Keroko/Noland (unknown reason, but only because I haven't looked at this place for a long time)

And that's what I can remember.

/me phases out
USB500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 12:51   Link #6037
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
We really don't deal much with pairings for the main cast in here do we?
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 12:53   Link #6038
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Not really, no, KeroYuuno is in the gun waiting to be fired if they make NanoFate canon though.

ViviSyn is planned to be ambiguous, like the rest of the romance in Nanoha. Very close friends and all that.
Old 2009-03-31, 12:54   Link #6039
Yurichan

Quote:
I'd say it's more of an 'official parody' instead of an official comic.
ah i see yes I thought it was like that. So I wonder do the Nano creators look at the parodies and like say they are official or approve of them Like 7arcs for example or Tsuzuki Masaki?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post

and Keroland >_>

*phases away*
huh? Well Nanoha is in Midchilda right now and Fate too at times. She works at the TSAB it seems.

yurichan/s&t kawaii love
Old 2009-03-31, 12:56   Link #6040
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Do you remember that this is the wrong thread to talk about pairings?
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content