AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2009-03-31, 14:23   Link #6081
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Here I made a gallery.

http://img401.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=s2u.jpg
Old 2009-03-31, 14:31   Link #6082
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

The best way to identify a Device as either Midchildan or Belkan is actually very simple. Just take not of which language they're using. If it's English, it's Mid. If it's German, Belkan. The only exceptions to this rule are the Unison Devices which are Belkan but speak Japanese.

Even in Cadia, where crack rules (generally), we keep to this rule. If there's a Device that speaks neither it's usually one that belongs to neither system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
I'm kinda amused that Rein Eins is represented by the Schwertkreuz here .

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 14:34   Link #6083
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post

I'm kinda amused that Rein Eins is represented by the Schwertkreuz here .
I was asking to myself, "Where is the silver hair and the large rack?"
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 14:34   Link #6084
Yurichan

Send a message via MSN to Yurichan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
[B]
The Bardiche bit is already wrong, Linith created Bardiche for Fate right before Precia ended their contract.
again this does not rule out Bardiche is Belka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Dynasty

Have you watched the series at all? Bardiche and Raising Heart use distinctively circular magic forms. Compare that to Laevatein, Graf Eisen, Klarer Wind, and hell, even the Book of Darkness, they utilize a very triangular magic shape. The difference between Mid-Childan and Belkan magic styles and devices has been already established and confirmed.
I have that's why I am so passionate about it. We just have different opinions and viewpoints. You cannot make anything hard neither can I. You assume that magic forms are distinct. While this has nothing to do with it. Neither the voices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
Every Belkan weapon seen in the series uses the Belkan triangle instead of the Mid circle. That's one of the big ways you can differentiate between Mages and Knights, by their spell templates. We've never seen Mid mages use triangles and we've never seen Belkan knights use circles. Even if the difference isn't spelled out directly in the series at some point (and I'm sure it is somewhere) it's not much of a logic leap to deduce that the triangles are unique to the Belkan system.
Why are you so oppresive to a different viewpoint? Again circles has nothing to do with this. Belka is an ancient vicilization that even existed before the TSAB was invented. Belka used Magic to high degree. Who says TSAB has not copied or been influenced by the magics of Belka?

Quote:
*Facepalm*

Those symbols are Mid-Childa spell circles, Yuri.
If you are gonna be like that, Comartemis. You ruin the fun.
And I assume you understand the Mid-Childa language.

Quote:
I at least have a general idea of who created Bardiche, and the others have confirmed that it was Linis/Linith/however you say her name. So I know more about this then you do with your wild mass guessing.
no you don't. I knew Bardiche was made by Precia or Linis. This does not rule out that Bardiche is still Belka. Bardiche could be found and used as an device. It just shows I am more intrested in Nanoha then you are since I have a wide viewpoint.

Quote:
Yuri, we've got several hundred pages of discussion both in this thread and in Cadia Eins; we know what we're talking about here. RH and Bardiche are not Belkan devices.
You assume I have not discussed this before with anyone. And do not know the standpoint of others. How simple minded.

Quote:
That would probably help. Yuri seems to need a helpful little thump on the head to show him/her that we really do know what we're talking about here, and having every Belkan device directly associated with the Belkan triangle (and Mid with the circles) would probably go a long way to proving our point.
Why don't you get a infraction from this rude comment? and a simple comment from me about relationship is deleted and I get an infraction.

You are just flaming now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
Cool it's been a while since I saw that. And it says Mid Childa but I have always looked sceptical to that. Since we haven't seen them actually being created.

I am back, animesuki. From a long time of absence. Aren't you glad?
yurichan/s&t kawaii love

Last edited by Yurichan; 2009-03-31 at 14:51.
Yurichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 14:36   Link #6085
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Yuri, I am quite curious, but where is the source of information you are getting this from?
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 14:36   Link #6086
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
In the last news, Bardiche does not speak German.
Old 2009-03-31, 14:39   Link #6087
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yurichan View Post
again this does not rule out Bardiche is Belka.
Yes it does. Linith was specifically stated to have created Bardiche. Created, not found and modified.

Quote:
I have that's why I am so passionate about it. We just have different opinions and viewpoints. You cannot make anything hard neither can I. You assume that magic forms are distinct. While this has nothing to do with it. Neither the voices.
Ermm.... the voices and magic styles are pretty solid evidence. Meanwhile, you have yet to show a single shred of proof over your theory -because without proof, that's all it really is- that RH and Bardiche are Belkan. How about you begin telling us how you even got that information to begin with?

Quote:
And I assume you understand the Mid-Childa language.
Considering the Mid Childan language is English, this isn't really a hard thing.
Old 2009-03-31, 14:43   Link #6088
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

On Intelligent Devices (Bardiche and Raising Heart):

Quote:

source

Intelligent Device
ミッドチルダ式魔導師の一部が扱う意志を持ったデバイス。
ストレージデバイスは魔法を詰め込んでおく記憶媒体でしかなかったのに対し、インテリジェントデバイスは発 動の手助けとなる処理装置、状況判断を行える人工知能も有している。
意志を持つ為、その場の状況判断をして魔法を自動起動させたり、主の性質によって自らを調整し たりする。
その上、人工知能を有しているためかインテリジェントデバイスは会話・質疑応答もこなせる。
意思疎通出来れば、魔法の威力や到達距離の強化や同時発動数の増加、無詠唱での発動、魔導師との同時魔法行 使など、実用性を超えた高いパフォーマンスが期待できる。1+1を5にも10にもする可能性を秘めている。 (小説)
一方でその扱いは基本的に難しい(公式)。主の力が弱かったり扱う能力自体がなかったりすると、デバイスに 振り回される何とも情けない魔導師となってしまう。
機体が高価なことも相まってさほど一般的ではない。(VFB)
Moonrunes says Midchilda.
Old 2009-03-31, 14:53   Link #6089
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
You can also take into account the possible developmental path of the Nanoha series:

-1st season is created
-1st season is successful and the company decides to invest in the creation of a second season to continue the franchise (and profit from it)
-New antagonists are needed for the new season
-Decision is made to create a magic class to oppose that of the first one (Mid-Childan)
-Belkan Magic System is created (to play on the melee vs. range theme)
-2nd season in production

If they did follow a similar path of development, Belkan magic wasn't even 'created' by the developers during the first season. The only magic system that existed was Mid-type and it was only AFTER they got funding for a second season that they brainstormed and then created the magic system. Thus all Devices prior to season 1 are Mid-type.
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 14:59   Link #6090
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post

Keroko:
White uniform, checking in.
Tesla: Blue uniform, checking in.
Eden: No uniform, checking in. Loving the investigation department.
Jun: White uniform, checking in.
Wes: White uniform with a Rogue Squadron commander patch, checking in.
Tycho: White uniform, checking in. Also, I'll have a large cola, and a good portion of rice.
Phanan:
White uniform, checking in. I'll have what Tycho's having.
I never suspected the guys from rogue sqadron to have other uniforms!
So Telsa is blue? I thought she would be AAS like Signum and Vita, but on the other hand she always was of the tactician of the group.
Old 2009-03-31, 15:03   Link #6091
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
Why are you so oppresive to a different viewpoint?
Because your viewpoint is wrong and you're trying to say it's right. We here in Outer Cadia base everything we do on the foundations of the series and then build from there. Because of this, we do not "interpret" the series the way you are; we stick to the facts as shown in the series and then build off of them. What you're doing is rather like me wandering into a Naruto Original Character thread and saying "I think Chakra actually works this way!" when that's already been spelled out in the series and is not open for debate or interpretation.

We're generally pretty flexible about how we do things in here, Yuri, but the foundations of the series are not open for discussion unless you specifically say that you're working with an alternate universe.

Quote:
Bardiche could be found and used as an device.
Except it wasn't. Linith is stated in the sound stages to have built -- not found and upgraded, built -- Bardiche.

Quote:
It just shows I am more intrested in Nanoha then you are since I have a wide viewpoint.
Anyone else think this sounds alarmingly similar to something Arkhangelsk would say?

Quote:
Why don't you get a infraction from this rude comment? and a simple comment from me about relationship is deleted and I get an infraction.
Because you're being bullheaded about this and denying facts about the series that we take for granted. Nobody's getting on my case about it because we all think you're being stubborn.

Quote:
You are just flaming now.
You haven't even begun to see what I'm like when I flame people. For that matter, neither has anyone else on Cadia.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 15:07   Link #6092
Yurichan

Send a message via MSN to Yurichan
Quote:
Originally Posted by keroko
Yes it does. Linith was specifically stated to have created Bardiche. Created, not found and modified.
i like your enthusiasm unfortunatelly. Again created can have many meanings. It's not like I don't believe you. Just that the evidence is not solid.

Quote:
Ermm.... the voices and magic styles are pretty solid evidence. Meanwhile, you have yet to show a single shred of proof over your theory -because without proof, that's all it really is- that RH and Bardiche are Belkan. How about you begin telling us how you even got that information to begin with?
voices and magics are evidence to an degree but not completely. Subaru uses a belka device that knows English. Maybe later.

Quote:
Considering the Mid Childan language is English, this isn't really a hard thing.
German and English closely match. If the Midchildians studied German it's likely Belka might have studied other languages as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
On Intelligent Devices (Bardiche and Raising Heart):

Moonrunes says Midchilda.
lol it says nowhere it's about Bardiche nor Raising Heart. It's just info about Intelligent Device in general.

Anyway I am kind of tired...

Me goes away now because it's sleepy time. I wish you guys wouldn't all attack me because what you say isn't solid either.

Anyway see you guys later~

I am back, animesuki. From a long time of absence. Aren't you glad?
yurichan/s&t kawaii love
Yurichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 15:09   Link #6093
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Mind = blown
Old 2009-03-31, 15:10   Link #6094
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quote:
German and English closely match.
I...wait..what are you...no...how...*facedesk*

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 15:11   Link #6095
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
Subaru uses a belka device that knows English. Maybe later.
Subaru uses two devices; her Revolver Knuckle is a Belkan Armed Device, and Mach Caliber is a Mid-Childan Intelligent Device. Note that Mach Caliber is the only one that ever talks.

Quote:
German and English closely match.
Awesome, guess that means I can go to Germany and function just fine even if I only speak English! [/sarcasm]

Quote:
lol it says nowhere it's about Bardiche nor Raising Heart. It's just info about Intelligent Device in general.
And Bardiche and Raising Heart are intelligent devices. Ergo everything that applies to Intelligent Devices in general applies to Bardiche and Raising Heart.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 15:12   Link #6096
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
i like your enthusiasm unfortunatelly. Again created can have many meanings. It's not like I don't believe you. Just that the evidence is not solid.
It's a lot more solid then the evidence you've showed us, which is... well... nothing.

I'm far more inclined to believe the growing mountain of evidence that blatantly labels RH and Bardiche as Mid devices then your completely wild theories that have zero evidence.

Now if you would finally begin showing us where you got this information...

Quote:
voices and magics are evidence to an degree but not completely. Subaru uses a belka device that knows English. Maybe later.
Slight correction, Revolver Knuckle is Belkan, but Mach Calibur is Mid.
Old 2009-03-31, 15:14   Link #6097
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Subaru uses a belka device that knows English. Maybe later.
Err.. no, as she has two.

'Mach Caliber' is a Midchilda Intelligent Device and this is the one that speaks.

The Belka magic comes from the Storage Device named 'Revolver Knuckle' and this one does not speak (As it has no AI).

Quote:
German and English closely match. If the Midchildians studied German it's likely Belka might have studied other languages as well.
Why did the Midchildians study German all of a sudden?

Quote:
And that is the point... Raising Heart and Bardiche are Intelligent Devices...
Old 2009-03-31, 15:15   Link #6098
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Oh no. The evidence is solid. We have 1st hand information from the series, Sound Stages, interviews, and information booklets released by the creators. We have cited DIRECTLY from these sources. We have your evidence but have yet to see yours.

Quote:
And what are Raising Heart and Bardiche? They are INTELLIGENT DEVICES.
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 15:16   Link #6099
LimitedEternal
Nuclear Fusion

Is it just me or am I getting a "run-in-circles" vibe here?
LimitedEternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 15:17   Link #6100
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Oh, so that's why that tree was looking familiar...

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content