AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

View Poll Results: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 69 24.38%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 93 32.86%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 56 19.79%
7 out of 10 : Good 39 13.78%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 3.89%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 1.06%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 0.71%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.35%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.35%
1 out of 10 : Painful 8 2.83%
Voters: 283. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-05, 12:20   Link #101
Nerroth
NePoi!

No a bad ep at all - and having been used to watching the English dub the last time around, it was interesting to hear the Japanese cast!

(I like how some of the VAs make the effort to sound different based on the role - I heard little of Regene in Ed's voice, and ditto for Nena/Shana/etc in Al's, for example - but that others like Shinichiro Miki can use the exact same voice in every series and still sound awesome!)

And as regards Lust... I guess it us just as well that Sanae-san had Akki to eat her bread in a parallel universe!

Oh, and who were the VAs voicing Maes' wife and daughter?
Old 2009-04-05, 12:22   Link #102
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
What I meant was that visuals and sound don't compliment each other and are out of synch. And as Littm mentioned animation isn't too great.

I don't want to get a warn for posting too many images so here:
http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/0149...5d5f5c416dd05/

My personal favourite screenshot from the opening:
You watched a copy that was encoded and IVTCd incorrectly. There should be no ghosting at all in the opening. The lyrics and visuals match up extremely well too.
Old 2009-04-05, 12:31   Link #103
Kitsu
The unlucky one

I like it, but I've saw better. It did have that nostalgia feeling which of course is a plus. It's FMA you just have to like it. The voices are fine with me...okay I need to get used to Roy. His voice changed did it? The animation was most of the time quite good.
But I'm a little worried about Winry...did she had a seizure attack in the OP or wtf was that? But I liked the OP Animation dunno why, the timing quite good. And the scene in which we see Ed and Al lose the bodie(Parts) was great... And I thinkthe whole episode is a little bit to foreshadowing.

Last edited by Kitsu; 2009-04-05 at 12:46.
Old 2009-04-05, 12:33   Link #104
Kirku

I loved it! Ed and Al ftw! The first Full Metal Alchemist was one of my favorite Animes, but the way this is already starting it, it looks like this version might be even better Sundays can't come fast enough now lol.
Old 2009-04-05, 12:41   Link #105
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Luckily FMA airs on Sunday so something for the weekends now that Gundam is over . I will have a detailed post later but before that, had to say 2 things

1st its awesome Shinichiro Miki is voicing Roy Mustang. I was like hell yeah man !!!

2nd the animation in the op has come out really nice . At first I felt the track was too slow but later it grew on me
Old 2009-04-05, 12:44   Link #106
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
You watched a copy that was encoded and IVTCd incorrectly. There should be no ghosting at all in the opening. The lyrics and visuals match up extremely well too.
I don't think so. Watch opening frame by frame and you should be seeing it too.

What I meant by out of synch is: melody doesn't add up to the scenes that we see !!! I don't know how describe it better in English. Example of opening with good visual & sound synchronization: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Nch8lwnEfA
Melody fits to what we actually see.

Another example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkLBPKf7mT8
Old 2009-04-05, 12:51   Link #107
Archer

Quote:

What I meant by out of synch is: melody doesn't add up to the scenes that we see !!! I don't know how describe it better in English. Example of opening with good visual & sound synchronization: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Nch8lwnEfA

Another example:
You have a bad RAW, plain and simple. It's only just you.
Old 2009-04-05, 12:54   Link #108
aardvark

Quote:

Another example:
The picture you posted is a result of the TV capture

When you see the OP on the DVD or Blu-Ray, you will not see such a thing.

Even so, what is your point with the picture? Are you trying to imply its bad animation? Because it isn't.
Old 2009-04-05, 13:00   Link #109
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

All I've got to say is that anyone who has problems with the animation quality is doing something wrong. The animation was absolutely gorgeous. This series will be epic on blu-ray.

That said, if anyone had any problem with the character designs, I understand (but disagree), and Roy's and Hawkeye's seiyuu (while good) are going to take some getting used to.

But there's no reason to troll if you're upset for some reason. Listing your problems with the episode is certainly understandable, but using your disappointment as an excuse to toss out unnecessary spoilers and try to ruin it for everyone else is just straight up trolling...

But I can't get over how beautiful this animation is. I hope they keep it up.
Old 2009-04-05, 13:04   Link #110
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Really glad to see FMA anime back, nice first episode imo. I glad that it was original anime story and it was interesting story as well. I liked the overall action of this episode right pace and great animation. And I still love the Ed being short gag always make me laugh also Armstrong's gag as well.
If this is the quality that is going to come in the future well then I think this anime could be quite amazing.
Old 2009-04-05, 13:10   Link #111
The Avatar
The Avatar of Death

I liked it, the animation was great and the voice acting was stellar. I will have to get used to Lockon/Mustang though.

I am a little disappointed however. I don't know maybe it was some of my expectations or my memories of the first series or that I already knew a lot of spoilers about characters and events because of the last series but this episode didn't seem like a great first episode. I'm going to try to dig up my old dvd's to refresh my memory but I feel that the first episode of the first series was better than this one. My opinion might change after I rewatch the last seres first ep though. Still not a bad start for the new Fullmetal Alchemist.
Old 2009-04-05, 13:12   Link #112
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
You've got to be kidding me! This episode was total disaster. Lots of fireworks and condensed story. I didn't like anything. Opening is poor (both visual and sound), although lyrics are good. Plot is one big filler, water alchemist that can't be defeated by Ed and Al working together and is killed with one Bradley's slash (this is a big spoiler and example of poor writing). What's more we had had standard shounen moment, after mentioning human transmutation Ed suddeny gains advantage... And WTF was with Kimblee's comment when Isaac died? How did he know that? What annoys me the most though is choice of seiyuu.
This episode is basically a special/bonus episode for people who watched FMA before and people who are reading the manga. And those things are not bad writing, Ed did not power up or anything. Instead Ed winning set the mood of his anger and it showed how angry he was over his mentioning of human transmutation, would t make sense to see Ed angry and losing? And Bradley killing Issac is not a spoiler it is called foreshadowing and not a example of foreshadowing. Also it is implied that Kimble knew about Issac's defeat because the stone disappeared.
Damn even in FMA forum there are people who nip picks flaws and think it is bad writing.
Old 2009-04-05, 13:15   Link #113
Nerroth
NePoi!

Oh, and I forgot to mention - the little face on the end of Ed's weapon was hilarious!
Old 2009-04-05, 13:18   Link #114
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Though this episode wasn't spectacular I am satisfied. Never knew how the 20 minutes flew by .
Old 2009-04-05, 13:21   Link #115
Souryu
nothing at all...

And...

MAJOR SPOILERS FROM THE MANGA

Spoiler:
Old 2009-04-05, 13:22   Link #116
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
Oh, and I forgot to mention - the little face on the end of Ed's weapon was hilarious!
I'm guessing we'll be seeing news from a JP company that decides to turn that into a real item soon... either a bat or a dildo.
Old 2009-04-05, 13:24   Link #117
Nerroth
NePoi!

Ok, now I'm liking the idea less.

Cheers for that...
Old 2009-04-05, 13:26   Link #118
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
Ok, now I'm liking the idea less.

Cheers for that...
That is an awesome idea... of course I am talking about the bat
Old 2009-04-05, 13:26   Link #119
Nerroth
NePoi!

Well, I suppose based on the end of that episode, there'd be at least one person who'd make a pre-order...
Old 2009-04-05, 13:33   Link #120
Sheba
Shitpost Gremlin

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Late in the FMA train, I actually only watched fragments of the episodes of the first series here and there, and Shambala movie in full.

The first episode did a fine job to introduce me to most of the main cast. Action and choregraphy of mentioned action was rather neat, it was all good to me. Count me in as one who will follow the train.
Closed Thread