AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-24, 08:43   Link #101
Tboz

Takayuki really seems happy and relaxed when he is with Haruka, it doesn't look good for Mitsuki at all. Mitsuki seems more alone than ever, Takayuki is acting indifferent but distancing himself from her. I thought as much when she decided to move in with him. She is putting too much pressure on Takayuki. This time its worst, he's not only running away from Mitsuki, he is running from Haruka too. Does he really think he can put the problem aside by doing what Mitsuki wants, to stop visiting Haruka?

Haruka making the final decision is actually quite sound, Takayuki can't seems to make any decision right now. And I doubt he will be able to anytime soon. At this stage he may be expecting time and fate to make the decision for him, Haruka may just do that by giving herself up. She has done it before but we are not certain as she is too reliant on him now. Will Mitsuki give up Takayuki? Maybe, but the possibility is not high, she is holding on to him so tight that he can hardly breath. As usual, we'll never really know how things will develope until we see it.

About Akane, I really wonder what's on her mind. Getting all drenched to catch a glimpse of Takyuki at work with that sorrowful look. Someone mentioned that she can't bear to hide the truth from Haruka anymore. I don't know about that, I feel she has better sense than that. Is she going to risk Haruka dropping into a coma once again? I hate to admit it, but my guess is that she is going to confess to Takayuki. Akane is all alone, maybe even more so than Mitsuki. Haruka and Mitsuki have Takayuki to talk to, but Akane has no one. She can't talk to her sister and she has to hide her feelings from Takayuki. In fact, she doesn't look like she has any close friends with all that visits and training bogging her down. I feel its too hurried though, like she suddenly have feelings for Takayuki all of a sudden. People who don't know there's a game will certainly feel that way.

Hmmm... this episode is indeed a big turning point in the story... yummy...

Btw, anyone noticed Mitsuki's feet when she saw that cup noodle and then dropped her groceries? What's up with the "roots"?
Old 2003-11-24, 09:17   Link #102
krel
^_^

Send a message via MSN to krel
i sympathise for mizuki she's being ignored by her bf...akane can't take it anymore either...taka the baka looks more happy with haruka than with mizuki though.
Old 2003-11-24, 09:40   Link #103
GUTB_

It seemed clear that Takayuki was stung by Mitsuki, which made him withdraw from her. Kind of like a bad marriage in which the spouce tries to stay away from home as much as possible by immersing themselves in work or other activities away from their partner. This of course served only to make both of them even more miserable. And then fate stepped in -- when he spotted Akane across the street from the Sky Temple, he suspected that something bad had happened with Haruka. You can imagine he was sick with worry by the end of his shift and when Mitsuki phoned in to have "The Talk", he was in no mood to discuss it with her right at that moment when he was desperate to go check on Haruka. Perhaps his anxieties were fueled by some guilt with not visiting Haruka the last few days, but now the damage is done. Mitsuki might be propelled into doing something desperate and foolish, probably right after Takyuki resolves to settle things with Mitsuki and Haruka.

Wow, this is how a plot should develop.
Old 2003-11-24, 09:43   Link #104
krel
^_^

Send a message via MSN to krel
i originally thought taka would end up with haruka, then on the 7th episode changed my mind, thought he would go with mizuki, now i think with the way his relationship is going with mizuki taka might end up with haruka. damn man, this anime is causing havoc on my mind.
Old 2003-11-24, 09:55   Link #105
Mentar
Banned

Wow.

Just wow. It's barely 12 hours since Lunar released the fansub, and this thread already jumped to 100+ posts.

I liked what Musouka and Commissar wrote alot. This episode highlights those traits of Takayuki which have been consistent throughout the anime, and which are probably defining him.

1) Deep down at heart, he has a gentle and caring core. What he does isn't done with malicious intent. Whenever he feels at ease with the one he cares for (both Haruka and Mitsuki), he can be very kind.

2) He is terribly noncommittal and horrible in crisis management. Except during the "at ease" phases, he is incapable of steering a clear course, and he utterly fails at reassuring those who are in need of reassurance. He doesn't solve problems, he flees from them and hopes that they disappear somehow.

3) He can't say no. When someone requests something from him, he has a tendency to give in, in order not to hurt them. What he fails to realize though is that by doing so he's going to hurt them even more later on.

Commissar had a great point I strongly agree with: Real love means concentrating on the happiness of the loved one. This is what he doesn't do at all with Mitsuki, and not much more with Haruka either. I hope that eventually this will change. Therefore, kudos to whoever came up with the new nickname for Narumi-san. I soooo LOVE "Bakayuki" ...

Mitsuki is currently finding out that the closer she tries to get to Takayuki, the more obvious the current gap between the both of them becomes. At the going rate, she's just going to suffer more and more - and ultimately leave. Anyone else but me out there who could imagine her to visit Haruka again and having her mention happily that he kissed her? Mitsuki fans should better be in for a painful drought period the same way Haruka fans have suffered before - who says that this anime doesn't have an inherent sense of justice?

Akane - poor girl. If those are indications that she's struggling with herself and her attraction to Takayuki's determination and kindness to visit Haruka all the time, she's in for some major hell, too. But I'm very much looking forward to progress in this area - it's just going to complicate this cruel mess some more.

I'm VERY curious what's going to happen when Haruka finds out what the situation really is. Alot of her charm right now is her innocence, simply because she doesn't know yet. What happens when she finds out? I expect this to happen around ep10, and then the war will REALLY begin. And we may see a different kind of Haruka than the once we've seen in the past and seeing now.

A final thought: The pain and the pressure increases - for the characters, but also for the viewers. We FEEL this pressure and try to relieve it by snapping at the "weakest link" in the chain. And right now, that's certainly Bakayuki.

Let's keep this in mind so that we don't yell at each other too much ... the devil makes us do it!

I mean, the storyboard writer ...
Old 2003-11-24, 10:11   Link #106
Tboz

Hmm... an angry and malicious Haruka?

That's hard to imagine...
Old 2003-11-24, 10:19   Link #107
ognir

[QUOTE=Mentar]Wow.

I'm VERY curious what's going to happen when Haruka finds out what the situation really is. Alot of her charm right now is her innocence, simply because she doesn't know yet. What happens when she finds out? I expect this to happen around ep10, and then the war will REALLY begin. And we may see a different kind of Haruka than the once we've seen in the past and seeing now.

Yes, you are right

Spoiler : According to the NEWTYPE magazine, this wll happen in Ep 10

Old 2003-11-24, 10:28   Link #108
IPv6
blastos.com

Quote:
I think someone needs to point out that Takayuki finally did something noble in this episode, he didn't take advantage of Haruka in the hospital. I was watching that scene developed and I kept thinking "Ugh,this indecisive, little pig of a man is going to take boink her right there?" How much lower can someone sink? But he had the common sense to not do it.
ahh he stopped because he saw the scar on her chest.
Old 2003-11-24, 11:09   Link #109
juri_miki
Death Note Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to juri_miki Send a message via AIM to juri_miki
Manoman, this series just keeps getting better.

I want to first point out, for some of those stating that Akane's feelings for Takayuki just appeared out of nowhere, that's not true. I stated this in another thread here but it was pointed out that from the beginning of Akane's appearance in the show, she has always showed some type of sexual aggression towards him. It was just time before she broke down and confessed. Knowing that, it makes more sense to why she was always so extra angry and Takayuki and Mitsuki.

Question though: It seems like Haruka is not getting out of the hospital anytime soon. Like I know she still recuperating, but like it's episode 8. Is she ever going to leave the hospital? Thinking that she's going to fight for her man in her hospital bed doesn't sit with me too right.
Old 2003-11-24, 11:15   Link #110
NinjaServ

little jelousy going on, hehe, guess she had to ride it all she could before da girl in the hospital steals it back
Old 2003-11-24, 11:21   Link #111
outlaw55
Banned

ok....if she is well enough to do it in the hospital bed, she is well enough to LEAVE!!!
Old 2003-11-24, 11:24   Link #112
phaeton
don't mind me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tboz
What's up with the "roots"?
that's so observant! didn't see the "roots" too until you told me.
it's blocked by the wooden panels. but they didn't look very nice on Mistuki
Old 2003-11-24, 11:36   Link #113
Crimson
Ecchi Nazi

Send a message via AIM to Crimson
Yes, he only stopped because he saw the scar on her chest. He was going to have sex with her in the hospital when he already has a girlfriend. He did nothing noble, he's just hurting more people in the process.

Mitsuki is not stupid, and she suspect that he is not just going to visit Haruka to check on her. She knows he still has feelings for her and when she questioned him about it, he wasn't even looking at her when he answered.

From what i saw in this episode, Takayuki doesn't care for Haruka or Mitsuki. He's only going around to anyone that makes him feel at ease. All he's trying to do is escape from his problems instead of dealing with them.

As for Akane, i feel so sorry for her because she's going to suffer just like Mitsuki. I have a feeling we'll she her confess her feelings to Takayuki very soon, and knowing him, he will probably have sex with her not giving a shit about Haruka and Mitsuki.

I still don't know why the Haruka fans wants her to end up with a loser like Takayuki that can't even be trusted. If would love to see Haruka , Mitsuki and Akane move on with their life and forget about him because i think being with him will only make their life worst in the future.

What Takayuki is doing only proves that he doesn't deserve a girl thats as sweet as Haruka and Kind as Mitsuki, he needs to do both of them a favor and just get lost.

I can't wait when Haruka gets on her feet and finds out what Takayuki has been doing behind her back. Takayuki really needs to man up and stop being a the little bitch that he is.
Old 2003-11-24, 12:00   Link #114
IPv6
blastos.com

Crimson, you read my mind. I was thinking about it while watching the sho but I was so pissed off that it all escaped me .

I hope mitsuki leaves the trash and move on.

[addition]
I just got done reading megatokyo's comic for the day. We should have ping talk some sense into taka

http://www.megatokyo.com/index.php?strip_id=487
http://www.megatokyo.com/index.php?strip_id=488
http://www.megatokyo.com/index.php?strip_id=489

Last edited by IPv6; 2003-11-24 at 12:19.
Old 2003-11-24, 12:21   Link #115
Shift_

Someone make me into a anime character of KimiNozo if someone does I'll besure to kill him...takayuki that is
Old 2003-11-24, 12:36   Link #116
Tboz

Quote:
Originally Posted by juri_miki
Manoman, this series just keeps getting better.

I want to first point out, for some of those stating that Akane's feelings for Takayuki just appeared out of nowhere, that's not true. I stated this in another thread here but it was pointed out that from the beginning of Akane's appearance in the show, she has always showed some type of sexual aggression towards him. It was just time before she broke down and confessed. Knowing that, it makes more sense to why she was always so extra angry and Takayuki and Mitsuki.
Maybe... I think different people will interpret it differently. Its not obvious, at least to me. I suspect the game is at work here, knowing that its possible for a relationship to develope, some of you might have over-reacted when what we see are just plain aggression. Even if someone who has no prior knowledge of the game and story makes an accurate guess, I won't be suprised too. Scriptwriters just love to include such drama in their work.

Of course, I am just speculating here, just my 2 cents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaeton
that's so observant! didn't see the "roots" too until you told me.
it's blocked by the wooden panels. but they didn't look very nice on Mistuki
No doubt, the "roots" spoilt everything... I kept thinking about it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson
As for Akane, i feel so sorry for her because she's going to suffer just like Mitsuki. I have a feeling we'll she her confess her feelings to Takayuki very soon, and knowing him, he will probably have sex with her not giving a shit about Haruka and Mitsuki.
I certainly hope that won't happen. At the rate Takayuki is going, either all three girls will be pregnant with his baby or its gonna degrade the show into some sort of softcore flick.
Old 2003-11-24, 12:52   Link #117
IPv6
blastos.com

what freaking roots are we talking about? Can someone do a screen capture (i am at work now)?
Old 2003-11-24, 13:24   Link #118
Pebble

And just think about another theory : maybe Haruka has ALREADY guessed Mitsuki is with Takayuki. When Mitsuki comes to visit Haruka in the hospital, I find weird that Haruka insists about Takayuki always being by her side : “I’m okay, because Takayuki-kun comes to see me.”, then “He comes to see me everyday.” and finally “He’ll be with me forever… forever.” Perhaps Haruka is preparing a machiavellian plan to take revenge on Mitsuki. You know, like these movies where one character seems too pure and shows its true self at the end.

Well, I really like this anime because characters are so guided by their emotions that everything can still happen. But geez, why don’t they talk to each other ? I felt sorry for Mitsuki when she tried to have a talk with Takayuki and this baka hung up on her. Runaway, is that so ?

For IPv6, here is the screen, I guess that’s the right one :
Old 2003-11-24, 13:39   Link #119
IPv6
blastos.com

thanks much pebble, for the ss.
Old 2003-11-24, 14:02   Link #120
Commissar
Thought Policeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki_Sama
Interesting.......what does a REAL MAN do in that kind of situation?.....what is a REAL MAN...? are you certain that you would act mora MACHO LIKE? than again what is MACHO? what is tu be the REAL/TRUE MA?

Dude all those are mare opinions.....how do you know what you would do in his place, what about if you do worse? i dont know.....maybe you go insane or just heck!! move to another country.......you cant call Taka's character less or more manly than you or me or others.....
Some one once said...."Cant judge a book by its cover" and i added....."You must open and read each page as you go along with knowing yourself and all around you"

I hella hate whats going on with Taka......damm i bet if id be him, mostlikely id be as baka as he is......or maybe not......who knows......until you are really in that sort of situation.......

P.S.......OMG and please hopefully there wont be some one out there that has gone thruogh something like this just to reply this post....

Dont mean to diss no one at all.......this is just an Opinion.....and all of us have different opinions.......just not all have enough to back it up.

Yes and i would not mind having a Trio ending......Haruka.....Mitsuki......Akane..... OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! as for Taka.....ummmm, didnt we agree he would die? LOL j/k!
What do I mean by manly? I thought it was obvious.

What I mean by "manly" is this: taking responsiblity for your own actions, doing what's best for the people you love, and taking decisive action instead of floundering around because you don't want to do or face hard decisions. If your first thought of "manly" was how much a guy can bench press than I'm afraid the problem is you and your lack of life experience not mine (which you know nothing of by the way).

If you want to criticize someone personally, criticize people you actually know. I gave an opinion on a fake, anime character. No need to be so sensitive about it. If you took it personally, then perhaps you should spend more time wondering why that is rather than making claims about what other people, whom you don't know, can or cannot understand. You can only speak for yourself.

Last edited by Commissar; 2003-11-24 at 14:34.
Closed Thread