AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2009-04-08, 16:00   Link #6341
stormturmoil
Field Medic

Send a message via AIM to stormturmoil Send a message via MSN to stormturmoil
well, all Due really has to do is plant some info that points to Eden coming close to catching details that imply something about either the brains, Regius, or Jails activities linking to them, and then The Brains would get her reassigned to save their own...hindbrains?

as for where they could be reassigned that would cause more problems: how about relic tracing; as in, the paperwork rather than field side?

naturally, Eden might be a little suspicious of being taken off fieldwork to go after papertrails, but at the same time, it is a viable lead, and the paper trail does need to be looked into.

this could, ultimately though, lead to a link up over the Auction event.
stormturmoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 16:00   Link #6342
JamesEdwards
ANTI-Nonsense

Send a message via AIM to JamesEdwards
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Actually, Eden has an excuse for not suspecting the TSAB if she gets attacked by hired goons. Eden has a reputation similar to a bounty hunter. To her, being attacked by hired goons doesn't mean someone leaked information, it means that some crime lord doesn't like her and has decided to fork over the money to a group of goons to kill her.

That being said, I don't think Due's position alone could get Eden re-assigned without rousing suspicion. She's a maintenance officer for the brains, not their second in command. She has no authority over the investigation department. She would have to pose as an investigation officer to get such an order across. Hardly impossible for Due, but what's the point? Eden already spends most of her time in lawless areas anyway. Where would she assign her that would make it easier for a bunch of Drones (I doubt Zest would go with this, the Cyborgs have to remain secret until episode 11, hired goons are no reason for her to suspect anything, which leaves us the drones) to ambush her?
Uhhhhh, I think, the point here is for Eden NOT to suspect something. The drones and the 'borgs should only be used as a last resort. Professional killers, goons, and "indirect" methods is the way to go.
Old 2009-04-08, 16:03   Link #6343
The Guy Named Zeo
stuff written here

Send a message via MSN to The Guy Named Zeo
Quote:
Actually, Eden has an excuse for not suspecting the TSAB if she gets attacked by hired goons. Eden has a reputation similar to a bounty hunter. To her, being attacked by hired goons doesn't mean someone leaked information, it means that some crime lord doesn't like her and has decided to fork over the money to a group of goons to kill her.

That being said, I don't think Due's position alone could get Eden re-assigned without rousing suspicion. She's a maintenance officer for the brains, not their second in command. She has no authority over the investigation department. She would have to pose as an investigation officer to get such an order across. Hardly impossible for Due, but what's the point? Eden already spends most of her time in lawless areas anyway. Where would she assign her that would make it easier for a bunch of Drones (I doubt Zest would go with this, the Cyborgs have to remain secret until episode 11, hired goons are no reason for her to suspect anything, which leaves us the drones) to ambush her?
If Eden were to suspect anything that wouldn't be very good for Duo, since the whole point would be for Eden not to think that someone connected to Jail is trying to kill her.
Old 2009-04-08, 16:44   Link #6344
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesEdwards View Post
Uhhhhh, I think, the point here is for Eden NOT to suspect something. The drones and the 'borgs should only be used as a last resort. Professional killers, goons, and "indirect" methods is the way to go.
Oh, I misunderstood that third line about Eden knowing something is going on then.

I'm still quite confused as to why Due has to be the one doing the acting. If anything, the Zest-debacle showed that it was the TSAB's duty to reign in their own dogs. Zest ignored orders and charged in, and it was only then that Jail's defenses snapped close.

Likewise, there is no reason for Due to be afraid of Eden much more then there is a reason to be afraid of Acous. Especially since Eden is looking at the wrong place to begin with. Any information that might be useful if combined with other pieces is simply censored by the brains.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 16:55   Link #6345
JamesEdwards
ANTI-Nonsense

Quote:
Oh, I misunderstood that third line about Eden knowing something is going on then.

I'm still quite confused as to why Due has to be the one doing the acting. If anything, the Zest-debacle showed that it was the TSAB's duty to reign in their own dogs. Zest ignored orders and charged in, and it was only then that Jail's defenses snapped close.

Likewise, there is no reason for Due to be afraid of Eden much more then there is a reason to be afraid of Acous. Especially since Eden is looking at the wrong place to begin with. Any information that might be useful if combined with other pieces is simply censored by the brains.
Well, as long as she continues to look in the wrong place, I suspect there won't be any retaliation. They'll probably want to keep leading her around by the nose forever and ever, as it is cheaper to create misinformation than to off someone. Acous, though, is very much at risk, assuming he's actually looking in the right direction.
Old 2009-04-08, 17:04   Link #6346
stormturmoil
Field Medic

Send a message via AIM to stormturmoil Send a message via MSN to stormturmoil
The issue I was concerned with is that information is somehow going backwards and forward between both Jail and the Brains, and Jail and Regius.

if that get's spotted, it'll lead to all manner of investigations, which could potentially threaten Due's cover.

now, Eden may find such a link by finding the Jail end of the papertrail and tracing it back (an unused dead drop, for example)

now, her experience is such that she would recognize such things where others would not, making her that much more of a threat than the run of the mill investigators.

she needs to be kept away from such things
stormturmoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 17:08   Link #6347
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Which she is. By putting her into the field and sending her to investigate criminal organizations for possible links to Jail. She is nowhere near any of the communications going back and forth between the brains, Jail and Regius.

If anything, it's Acous you should be worried about, since he is in a much better position to find that paper trail. And we knew he didn't find anything until the last minute, suggesting that the Brains are very good at covering their tracks.
Old 2009-04-08, 21:27   Link #6348
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Chrono: He was more interested in having tea.
Acous: I do believe you spent more time sipping Old George in Garcia's office than on the bridge of your ship.
Chrono: >_>

*wanders by bearing scratches and bite marks*
Old 2009-04-08, 21:38   Link #6349
JamesEdwards
ANTI-Nonsense

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Chrono: He was more interested in having tea.
Acous: I do believe you spent more time sipping Old George in Garcia's office than on the bridge of your ship.
Chrono: >_>

*wanders by bearing scratches and bite marks*
And that's why it's a bad idea to get married when you're only twenty-something, even though it would make you more legit to be nominated / promoted an admiral.
Old 2009-04-09, 02:39   Link #6350
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Chrono: I love my wife, thank you very much.
Old 2009-04-09, 03:07   Link #6351
tshouryuu
Residential Nutcase

Quote:
I won't deny he loves Amy. Personally though, I believe his passion got the better of him and he knocked her up and had to take responsibility.
tshouryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 03:27   Link #6352
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesEdwards View Post
And that's why it's a bad idea to get married when you're only twenty-something, even though it would make you more legit to be nominated / promoted an admiral.
Well, maybe they got married earlier than expected because something unexpected happened

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshouryuu View Post
I won't deny he loves Amy. Personally though, I believe his passion got the better of him and he knocked her up and had to take responsibility.
See? tshouryuu knows what I'm talking about

Wasn't it somewhat hinted on the manga?
Old 2009-04-09, 03:41   Link #6353
tshouryuu
Residential Nutcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
Well, maybe they got married earlier than expected because something unexpected happened

See? tshouryuu knows what I'm talking about

Wasn't it somewhat hinted on the manga?
Well it was a very vague hint. Time to 'borrow' an IS.
Spoiler for IS: Silver Retriver:
tshouryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 07:34   Link #6354
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Acous: You can never doubt that, after all he--
Chrono: Oops, looks like my hand slipped. Bottomline is, Ferretman!
Yuuno: Ah, YES WHAT?!
Chrono: Dibs on being your best man.
Yuuno: ...hai?
Old 2009-04-09, 08:49   Link #6355
JamesEdwards
ANTI-Nonsense

Jebus, you guys are a bunch of romantics. First thing, a sergeant major of Marines told me in boot camp was NOT to get married young. After all, if you get deployed or some such, you're going to be leaving the waifu and potential kids at home for 6-8 months or even longer. That's a god damn long time, and young folks aren't usually well adjusted enough (read: mature) to handle a long distance relationship like that, much less the commitment that comes with it.

This leads to such hilarious scenarios as,

"Hey, Sergeant!"

"What's it, killer?"

"You gotta watch this tape!"

"...!!!!!!!!!!! FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF FFFffffffffffff!"

See: Jarhead, if you don't know what the hell I am talking about.

Well, I suppose, it does help Mister Harlaown that his wife has a handful of years on him. Hnnn, I think, I can use this to my advantage. There is a certain young scion of House...I have plans for, after all.
Old 2009-04-09, 09:04   Link #6356
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Amy is 15 I recall, Chrono is 14. I doubt that counts as a handful of years.

And you're talking about a series in which armies allow sons to serve under their mothers. Normal army standards don't apply here, really.
Old 2009-04-09, 09:40   Link #6357
JamesEdwards
ANTI-Nonsense

Quote:
Amy is 15 I recall, Chrono is 14. I doubt that counts as a handful of years.

And you're talking about a series in which armies allow sons to serve under their mothers. Normal army standards don't apply here, really.
Wait.....seriously? She's 15. ...........Are you serious-serious? If that's true, *Rolls eyes at Japan.* THANK YOU, JAPAN, and I stand corrected. Oh, well, if I decide to utilize that data, I guess it makes that other certain someone that much luckier.

And dude, it's not normal army standards. It's something called "Common Sense". ...well, I suppose, it wouldn't apply to civilians in most cases, so it can't really be called common sense. As for the series...well, no duh. Guess why I am going on, soon to be 2 years in August, writing a Tom Clancy-ish AU "reimagining" of the series for so long? Saw a good potential military sci-fi drama and I just had to execute. 26 episodes down and another 26 something to go before ACT 1 is finally finished.
Old 2009-04-09, 09:48   Link #6358
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Lindy/Clyde, Genya/Quint, Chrono/Amy, if it's common sense then there are a lot of pairings that don't listen to it in the Nanohaverse. So far all canon pairings have been in the army.
Old 2009-04-09, 10:05   Link #6359
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

We are not saying it's wise or not, the fact is that it is there, its going to happen, and that we should just accept canon as it is.
Old 2009-04-09, 10:43   Link #6360
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha - where real life scenarios(and males) are shafted.

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content