AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-04-11, 12:49   Link #901
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

I'm sure Sid meant Enrique the monkey, as he said the inability to communicate was due to not comprehending human speech.
Tez is totally nuts and quite insane, but he does speak human language.

No idea why Sid didn't just try to contact Tez (the deathscythe) instead of the meister (Enrique). Who knows.
Old 2009-04-11, 13:03   Link #902
~Kezia~
Scarlet Yukineko

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
EDIT: Something occurred to me, who killed BJ?
no ones knows yet, in the manga, people assume it was Stein but the deathscythes don't believe it and sent him with Mary to search for the real culprit, the are out of Shibusen searching
~Kezia~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 14:18   Link #903
Nosauz

GAH, is soul eat arachne's soul? holy shit this writing is a lot better than the adaptation, and the monkey and the bear were awesome in lighting the mood that seemed pretty dark. Atleast this isn't like lost, where at the end of one episode more questions are asked than are answered. I'm hoping soul will get to be a deathscythe, because the author currently used black blood for most of the power ups and something different would be cool, but I feel that it won't happen because insanity plays such an important in the manga.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 15:04   Link #904
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Well, that was an interesting chapter to say the least. I should have seen Medusa taking Arachne's body earlier, but what can you do. What exactly did they do with her soul anyway? I didn't see Soul eat it, but I didn't see what happened to it in the end. Don't they need to first defeat 99 souls before eating the Witch's though?

Enrique and Tez were certainly interesting, though I think Enrique is probably the more sensible of the two for some reason. Quite amusing in any case.

Medusa's comment regarding BJ seemed a bit worriesome for some reason. It seemed to indicate that Stein wasn't the culprit, but then I have to wonder who it actually was which brings up a potential problem over who could have done it unless perhaps it was Chrona or something.

I'm not really surprised since I always leaned towards Chrona being a girl, but it seems like a pretty good chance she is. Unless it is a trap as people have said.

Well, it will be interesting to see where they go next though I think getting Kid back would be a major issue. I also hope to see Stein and Marie soon and I hope they are both well.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 19:45   Link #905
animekritik

i think when shibusen called south america up, enrique and tez started fighting over the phone and THAT's why Sid couldn't understand a word of what they were saying. that's my theory, which makes sense to me.
Old 2009-04-11, 21:49   Link #906
KanaKaishou

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Kezia~ View Post
no ones knows yet, in the manga, people assume it was Stein but the deathscythes don't believe it and sent him with Mary to search for the real culprit, the are out of Shibusen searching
I believe (but it isn't hard evidence, of course) that it's implied that Chrona killed BJ.

In any case, this chapter is just...wtfomg awesome. Like, the "Demon Hunter doesn't harm the body" is awesome (just like in the anime, so I wonder if notes were copied). Medusa in arachne's body is just intense. And the monkey/bear death scythe is sooo soul eater.

Man, it's going to be such a letdown when Baba Yaga gets done. Such a letdown, but the manga can't help it, because all this stuff is so unbelievably awesome.
Old 2009-04-11, 22:07   Link #907
animekritik

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanaKaishou View Post
I believe (but it isn't hard evidence, of course) that it's implied that Chrona killed BJ.

In any case, this chapter is just...wtfomg awesome. Like, the "Demon Hunter doesn't harm the body" is awesome (just like in the anime, so I wonder if notes were copied). Medusa in arachne's body is just intense. And the monkey/bear death scythe is sooo soul eater.

Man, it's going to be such a letdown when Baba Yaga gets done. Such a letdown, but the manga can't help it, because all this stuff is so unbelievably awesome.
that clicks, yes. Chrona did it!!
Old 2009-04-11, 22:34   Link #908
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

This may sound perverted but what I am wondering is why when Medusa went inside her sister's body her assets were reduced to almost flatness, I found it quite funny. Also I knew Crona was a girl now my delusions arent wrong!

Arachne knew too short of an end for my liking but it is what she gets for doing the One Winged Angel transformation turning into a monster = death

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 23:18   Link #909
Kotobasuu
OCD Cowgirl

Send a message via AIM to Kotobasuu Send a message via MSN to Kotobasuu
I still dont think we should all jump on the bandwagon and assume Chrona is 100% definitely a girl. Chrona's pretty messed up (physically and mentally) in the first place, so it could be another trap. Thats why i'm reserving judgement on this until either the author or one of the characters state chrona's gender, matter of fact.
Kotobasuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 02:00   Link #910
~Kezia~
Scarlet Yukineko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotobasuu View Post
I still dont think we should all jump on the bandwagon and assume Chrona is 100% definitely a girl. Chrona's pretty messed up (physically and mentally) in the first place, so it could be another trap. Thats why i'm reserving judgement on this until either the author or one of the characters state chrona's gender, matter of fact.
so far, the last image of the chapter didn't seemed like a joke, it really does look like she is a girl and if she is pretty messed up then she might not even tell the diference between male or female appeal -_-
though I still think it looks obvious
~Kezia~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 02:02   Link #911
animekritik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
This may sound perverted but what I am wondering is why when Medusa went inside her sister's body her assets were reduced to almost flatness, I found it quite funny. Also I knew Crona was a girl now my delusions arent wrong!

Arachne knew too short of an end for my liking but it is what she gets for doing the One Winged Angel transformation turning into a monster = death
It seems that when a soul enters another body it reshapes the body somehow (just like the little girl's face looked medusaish during the possession). It's almost like the body is the skin of the soul. So, Arachne's assets must go poof.

BTW, I won't count Arachne out until I see Soul Eater swallow her big, plump soul.
Old 2009-04-12, 02:24   Link #912
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by animekritik View Post
BTW, I won't count Arachne out until I see Soul Eater swallow her big, plump soul.
I wouldn't count her out even then. Remember that Medusa mentioned that Arachne's body was fighting back for control (along with a little web distortion on her face). I would be surprised if we get some mental conversation/battle between the sisters at some point. Maybe Arachne split up her soul into bits and left some in the body or something.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 04:38   Link #913
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Arachne: I have just one thing to complain about you taking over my corpse, Medusa
Medusa: And what's that, sis?
Arachne: WTF DID YOU DO WITH MY BOOBS!!!!

I was very saddened to see them shrink.
Old 2009-04-12, 07:45   Link #914
BelovedSong

Incredible chapter, as always.

But I'm still a bit...shocked with the last page. It is so not-Crona o_o

I have to agree that Crona looks very feminine in that one, but I don't think (or that's what I hope) that we can say that Crona is definitely a girl until a character/Okhubo says it clearly or someone wants "more than friendship" with Crona (that would be the definitive proof for me, but just my humble opinion). Also, wasn't Medusa still saying "child", "child", "child" when she was speaking about Crona? if Okhubo has taken a decision about Crona's gender, why is he not using the word "daughter"? Ok, maybe he is only giving "hints" about Crona's gender and he doesn't want to make it official, but still...

I think Crona has a lot of chances of being a girl, but I would prefer him/her to stay as "genderless", I think that's one of her/his charms.
BelovedSong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 08:54   Link #915
animekritik

everyone is assuming that this is an either-or with Chrona (male or female). But I think there's a decent chance Chrona is something else all together. Soul Eater has pretty exotic characters after all, and Medusa is quite demented (god knows what drugs she took during pregnancy).
Old 2009-04-12, 09:48   Link #916
lmd_84

Agreed, come to think of it. No reason why the questions about Crona are just down to their sex.
lmd_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 10:26   Link #917
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
everyone is assuming that this is an either-or with Chrona (male or female). But I think there's a decent chance Chrona is something else all together. Soul Eater has pretty exotic characters after all, and Medusa is quite demented (god knows what drugs she took during pregnancy).
I'm wondering who Medusa used as her test subject in the creation of Chrona and what happened to the father. Just remembered something the fact that Chrona is screwed in the head and the fact Medusa is a snake is very interesting because snakes have a tendency to eat their eggs. (Medusa eating at her child's mind)

Quote:
It seems that when a soul enters another body it reshapes the body somehow (just like the little girl's face looked medusaish during the possession). It's almost like the body is the skin of the soul. So, Arachne's assets must go poof.

If that is the case shouldn't the child have gotten taller also the only thing that changed with the child is it's expressions but when she took over Arachne the clothes changed and the body structure was different to suit Medusa except for the hair colour. I wonder what is the difference with a Gorgon body, anyone predicting Medusa's 3rd sister in the next arc.

Wouldn't be surprised if the 3rd member of the Gorgon Family is completely unlike the 2 others and excels in healing magicks whilst one sister is a Green Magick user and the other is a Black Magick user. I can just imagine Aceso the healer or maybe she will be proud and beautiful and manipulate men for her selfish gain and represents vanity.

Arachne = Lust
Medusa = Greed
3rd Sister = Vanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Arachne: I have just one thing to complain about you taking over my corpse, Medusa

My sentiments exactly the moment I saw Medusa on the floor with a snake tongue coming out I imagined well endowed Medusa then I saw she was exactly the same.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 11:06   Link #918
animekritik

cub-sama

very interesting comments. well, if the body is to the soul like the skin is to the body, then if a soul inhabits a little body it might not be able to resize it, only reshape it within some general limits (eg if you stretch skin too much it will break!).

I'm totally predicting a 3rd Gorgon sister coming soon. Or else it could be ANGELA!!! (maybe not).
Old 2009-04-12, 11:59   Link #919
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post

Same here, I thought it would be she looks pretty much like Arachne but so much of the apperance changed its quite a let down really. I don't mind Medusa's look, the hair thingy is cool n all but I really love Arachne's look more and with Medusa's attitude in a body like that, it would be just win!

oh and Chrona = me wants some of that!
Old 2009-04-12, 12:16   Link #920
lmd_84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
If that is the case shouldn't the child have gotten taller also the only thing that changed with the child is it's expressions but when she took over Arachne the clothes changed and the body structure was different to suit Medusa except for the hair colour.
The ability to adapt might be why Medusa wanted a Gorgon body rather than that of another human. Perhaps the 'skin' could undergo greater changes because the sisters were of a similar kind.

On a more practical side, I think there's actually something in Medusa specifying a particular kind of body as her objective. Can't quite see it being down to sibling issues.

My thoughts on the third Gorgon sister are that she could have been the first witch sacrificed for Arachne's Weapon experiments. Death in general would count for her conspicuous absence and lack of references to her when her sisters are (were) such major players.

On the other hand, Medusa was plotting under Shinigami's nose for however long and got away with it, so her second sister might still be around under the radar.
lmd_84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shounen