AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-04-18, 09:34   Link #2161
justavisitor

the translation I read, Peke is a "she" XD..

And from the translation that I read, next chapter is about Rito and Haruna in the locked room..yeah for another Haruna's chapter!! and I hope this time it is a more semi-serious chapter ...(even tho I doubt it in my heart )
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-18, 09:37   Link #2162
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
the translation I read, Peke is a "she" XD..
Yeah, there's no mention of "she" anywhere in the Japanese text. But like I said, at that age, the use of "watashi" should imply a girl.
Old 2009-04-18, 09:42   Link #2163
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamifan225 View Post
So Peke is still a boy? He looks so femine in the pics
Well, the scanlations call Peke a girl and say "she" but as I understand it Japanese doesn't generally use gender-specific pronouns like that, so that could have just been the translators' opinions.

Quote:
Rito's hands seem to have a libido of their own. I wonder if he can take a train without getting arrested?
That's what I was saying before! This guy cannot come into contact with a girl without fondling them inappropriately. It has passed well beyond the accident or coincidence stage by now. Rito is subconsciously the world's biggest perv.

Mikan's reaction seemed rather... telling. I would have expected some sort of calm snarky response, like "Are you quite finished fondling your sister's butt?" or whatever. Her actual reaction seems more to suggest that Mikan considers herself a member of the harem, rather than just an observer.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-18, 10:15   Link #2164
Jhono1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Well, the scanlations call Peke a girl and say "she" but as I understand it Japanese doesn't generally use gender-specific pronouns like that, so that could have just been the translators' opinions.

That's what I was saying before! This guy cannot come into contact with a girl without fondling them inappropriately. It has passed well beyond the accident or coincidence stage by now. Rito is subconsciously the world's biggest perv.

Mikan's reaction seemed rather... telling. I would have expected some sort of calm snarky response, like "Are you quite finished fondling your sister's butt?" or whatever. Her actual reaction seems more to suggest that Mikan considers herself a member of the harem, rather than just an observer.
Haha, I was thinking the same thing. Is there any girl in the series that Rito havent touched? Aside from his mom and Harunas sister I think he has "layed" his hands on all of them in some form.

Is any girl on the verge of falling, never fear, our hero Rito is here to grab you, by your boobs or your ass that is.
Jhono1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-18, 10:19   Link #2165
Nosauz

really the play up of mikanxrito is bit too much i guess. And the harem grows, and grows will it ever stop.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-18, 10:26   Link #2166
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
really the play up of mikanxrito is bit too much i guess. And the harem grows, and grows will it ever stop.
No it isn't, Kyoko still out of Harem. She show some interest to Rito in 1st Game arc
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-18, 10:33   Link #2167
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
No it isn't, Kyoko still out of Harem. She show some interest to Rito in 1st Game arc
Really? Which chapter is this again?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-18, 11:18   Link #2168
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
I don't think that was the real Kyoko. Her personality was completely different from the real girl we met, and the real Kyoko showed no sign of having met Run or the principal before, despite them both being in the game. It was almost certainly just a simulucrum created off the basic idea of the Kyoko from the TV series Lala watched.

And that was Trouble Quest: chapters 93 - 98.
Old 2009-04-18, 11:23   Link #2169
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Seriously, this is the only reason why I bother skimming through ToLoveRu's chapters...

Mikan SERVICE!

Spoiler for image:
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-18, 12:28   Link #2170
yongshun

I don't get it the preview title of the chapters have almost nothing to do with the chapters sometimes. So I will wonder if the next one will be where Rito and Haruna going to be locked or hell they might not be locked at all.

Head or Gut?
yongshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-18, 16:11   Link #2171
ultramojones
Pfjaklsq of Greatness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Seriously, this is the only reason why I bother skimming through ToLoveRu's chapters...

Mikan SERVICE!

Spoiler for image:
Wrong, yet so right
ultramojones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-18, 16:58   Link #2172
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

lol too true so wrong yet so right!

Mikan has got quite the nice little booty there
Old 2009-04-18, 18:21   Link #2173
Used Can

"Are those tears or oil?"

Can't help but To Love-Yami.
Old 2009-04-18, 19:07   Link #2174
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samanosuke View Post
holy sh*t ! Incest Flag ! F*ck YEAH !
...erm..I mean...
...I don't even know anymore.
I don't care , If to-love-ru doesn't go the Harem ending , I'm going apeshit !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Whenever Yami has some action, the manga is instinct win.
QFT. Along with Yui, Mikan and Yami are my favorite characters, so it's great that they always show up in pairs.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-18, 19:12   Link #2175
Justin Kim
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
lol too true so wrong yet so right!

Mikan has got quite the nice little booty there
Got to be patient until the girls reach their adolescent period LOL.
Old 2009-04-18, 23:51   Link #2176
kagato3

Quote:
It does use semi gender-specific pronouns but you run in to 2 problems first there is a lot of implied subjects in japaneese so you are lucky at times to even get pronouns to work with. Second, they aren't as gender-specific as say spanish but have more to do with politeness then sex. It is excedingly rare that a male child would use watashi in an informal setting, even more so than a female would use Boku (basicly the male version)

Pronoun info
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 03:40   Link #2177
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

It's not like Peke is truly a child anyway. It just choose to look like that. I guess a form that's closer to his real one is easier to make than a bigger one.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 19:46   Link #2178
brightman
Ancient Member

Actually I missed the text on the title page earlier... It does refer to Peke as "kanojo" ("she"), so I guess Peke = girl is confirmed.
Old 2009-04-19, 20:22   Link #2179
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Actually I missed the text on the title page earlier... It does refer to Peke as "kanojo" ("she"), so I guess Peke = girl is confirmed.
So... every time Lala uses Peke as a costume, we're really getting hot yuri action?
Old 2009-04-19, 22:22   Link #2180
ultramojones
Pfjaklsq of Greatness

Quote:
So... every time Lala uses Peke as a costume, we're really getting hot yuri action?
Sounds hot, but then again, don't all people refer to their creations as a she? ("THAR SHE BLOWS")

Yami x Mikan action would be nice there are to be any yuri, if not, then Mikan action would be nice
ultramojones is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, shounen, manga