AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-08, 08:28   Link #341
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheky View Post
LOL, so it's a Claymoe thing?
Oh man. That's golden. Next we'll have a spin off like Mai Otome, lol.
Old 2009-05-08, 09:42   Link #342
iLney

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSeeker25 View Post
Duff and loli riful catch up with renee, but then the amazing sexy black woman alice and beth apear on the scene.
That is too cliche'. Besides, how could Riful not know when those two are near? It's not like Renee can run 97987234 miles before getting caught. Regardless, Clare will have time to mess with Raphaela, since Riful will "educate" Renee on the spot
Old 2009-05-08, 10:33   Link #343
Ryuken
Claymore #01

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLney View Post
That is too cliche'. Besides, how could Riful not know when those two are near? It's not like Renee can run 97987234 miles before getting caught. Regardless, Clare will have time to mess with Raphaela, since Riful will "educate" Renee on the spot
I don't know about Duff but Riful should be able to catch up with Renee in her current condition that is, I mean we really don't know just how much a fresh wound to the legs like that would do when she is pushing herself to the brink to get away from those two. Regardless I think Clare really has enough time to do what Teresa inside her wants to do with Luciella. This ought to be good.
Old 2009-05-08, 11:37   Link #344
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturro View Post
Jokes aside, I'm wondering why Claymore doesn't include some Yuri or rather shoujo ai. Warriors are young girl, with very stresfull "job". Their social status is rather low, and thier bodies are deformed. If they need some intimacy, and almost all people need some, only other warriors could respond to their feelings.
Probrably because Claymore is a serious manga and not just fan service.
Old 2009-05-08, 11:54   Link #345
Traun
Tetris

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
Probrably because Claymore is a serious manga and not just fan service.
This is not some minor issue. Homosexualism in the army is widespread, as it is with jails, or any institution that forces people into a situation where they will be in contact only with people of the same gander. Homosexualism is neither fan service, nor moe, it is a serious aspect of life that causes much contradiciton, as said, especially in institutions like The Organization.

Last edited by Traun; 2009-05-08 at 12:06.
Old 2009-05-08, 12:01   Link #346
MisterJB
Warden of the West

It's just a manga. If the author hasn't been clear about it (Clare x Raki for example), then the characthers have the sexual tendencies you want them to have.

Last edited by MisterJB; 2009-05-08 at 12:20.
Old 2009-05-08, 12:21   Link #347
lost_soul
Banned

Quote:
It's just a manga. If the author hasn't been clear about it (Clare x Raki for example), then the characthers have the sexuality tendencies you want them to have.
That's kind of stupid, wouldn't that mean you want them to have sex scenes? At first you said it was a serious manga. Anyway you seem to get really defencive around this type of stuff whenever it is said by someone, kind of hypocritical if you ask me. Makes it seem like you are trying to hide some sort of homosexuality yourself.
Old 2009-05-08, 12:30   Link #348
Sephiroth_760
Anime is lifestyle

Send a message via MSN to Sephiroth_760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuken View Post
I don't know about Duff but Riful should be able to catch up with Renee in her current condition that is, I mean we really don't know just how much a fresh wound to the legs like that would do when she is pushing herself to the brink to get away from those two. Regardless I think Clare really has enough time to do what Teresa inside her wants to do with Luciella. This ought to be good.
duff probably can't catch up with any claymore
he's strong and big and fat xDDD
but that's the prob
he's big and dull
or do u guys ever have seen duff running? xD

Quote:
It's just a manga. If the author hasn't been clear about it (Clare x Raki for example), then the characthers have the sexual tendencies you want them to have.
Clare for example isn't homosexual for sure
but I don't think that that the others are homosexual
you ppl are right if u say Claymore has a bit of a yuri, because most of the characters are women and most of them see other characters as something bride, not reachable (often in yuris)
but to be honest, I don't think claymores think about stuff like love or neither care about it
clare and teresa are more or less forced because of the story
Old 2009-05-08, 12:31   Link #349
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost_soul View Post
That's kind of stupid, wouldn't that mean you want them to have sex scenes? At first you said it was a serious manga. Anyway you seem to get really defencive around this type of stuff whenever it is said by someone, kind of hypocritical if you ask me. Makes it seem like you are trying to hide some sort of homosexuality yourself.
You're still angry with me?

What I tried to say was that we don't get any indication if some of the girls in Claymore are straigth or lesbians. So, the fans can think what they want of them.
You wanna think they are straight? That's cool.

You wanna think they are lesbians? You're free to do it and I don't have anything to do with that.

It's all cool. We all like the same manga.
Old 2009-05-08, 12:40   Link #350
Sleepy Speculator
sleepy

Haha i'm keeping clear of this one the freudian symoblism appears about every other chapter...

Biki Biki Biki Biki... (raaarrrggghhh!!! i need some coffee!)
Old 2009-05-08, 12:41   Link #351
lost_soul
Banned

Quote:
You're still angry with me?

What I tried to say was that we don't get any indication if some of the girls in Claymore are straigth or lesbians. So, the fans can think what they want of them.
You wanna think they are straight? That's cool.

You wanna think they are lesbians? You're free to do it and I don't have anything to do with that.

It's all cool. We all like the same manga.
Wow I think that's an understatement.

BTW it's not cool to use the word "cool" too many times, makes it seem like you lack words in your dictionary.
Old 2009-05-08, 12:48   Link #352
Arturro

I don't want any fanservice in Claymore. Definetly no echii. I'm just saying, that humans has their desires, needs intimacy and sex. Warriors without that part of human existence are strange. Their weren't chirurgically modified to be asexual. Clare has feelings for Raki, Helen comments indicates that warriors could have sex, just lack partners. AB have sexual relations with one another. Dauf and Riful for example. I found that as a another inconsistency of claymoreverse. Of course there is possibility Yagi has given us hints that Helen and Deneve aren't just friends and Tabitha dedication for Miria is not only awe for her leader, but cause of bad translation we failed to notice. Or it's cultural differences, Yagi already has given those hints by symbols, unfortunatelly unreadable by us (by me at least)
Old 2009-05-08, 12:59   Link #353
hell88
Banned

Location: Canada, but sometimes in La La-Land hanging out with Midori-chan89
@lost_soul: Harsh words...

@Arturro: I agree with you, but it is very possible that their is yuri and shoujo ai. It has been hinted a few times in the series, it seems to be only something that happens behind the scenes, you know the stuff that isn't drawn that we aren't aloud to see and have to figure out on our own
Old 2009-05-08, 13:20   Link #354
Sleepy Speculator
sleepy

Well the very obvious relationships would be...

Jean and Clare (just how close were they... the whole crying thing, and hug etc...)

Audrey and Rachel (bi-polar opposites, haha, single digits on the same team, also one of them looks a bit manly)

Miria and Tabitha (Tabitha fawns over Miria way too much!)

Raphealla and Luciella (oh come on look at that freaky coffee table)

Clarice and Miata (sure she's a child but still she's way too old to do be doing that)

Helen and Deneve ('friends' from the start, it's a bad thing that Helen is actually the passive one, due to Deneve's passive aggressiveness)

Noel and Sophia (probably a love-hate relationship the way they were going at it)

Biki Biki Biki Biki... (raaarrrggghhh!!! i need some coffee!)
Old 2009-05-08, 13:23   Link #355
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy Speculator View Post

please, they are sisters.
Old 2009-05-08, 14:11   Link #356
hell88
Banned

Quote:
Well the very obvious relationships would be...

Jean and Clare (just how close were they... the whole crying thing, and hug etc...)

Audrey and Rachel (bi-polar opposites, haha, single digits on the same team, also one of them looks a bit manly)

Miria and Tabitha (Tabitha fawns over Miria way too much!)

Clarice and Miata (sure she's a child but still she's way too old to do be doing that)

Helen and Deneve ('friends' from the start, it's a bad thing that Helen is actually the passive one, due to Deneve's passive aggressiveness)

Noel and Sophia (probably a love-hate relationship the way they were going at it)
Well I don't think Raphaela and Lucielia are like that, as they are sisters.

Same for Miata and Clarice, as their relationship is more of a mother and daughter one. I can see all the other relationships working though.
Old 2009-05-08, 16:24   Link #357
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

The problem with all this is that we don't even know what happens if claymores gets an orgasm.
Perhaps something like that is directly linked with awakening and therefore very dangerous?
Somehow i doubt it but the possibility exists.
Can claymores become pregnant? Okay wrong thread.
Old 2009-05-08, 16:37   Link #358
Traun
Tetris

Quote:
please, they are sisters.
And the problem is...?
Old 2009-05-08, 16:46   Link #359
hell88
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by irvinethearcher View Post
The problem with all this is that we don't even know what happens if claymores gets an orgasm.
Perhaps something like that is directly linked with awakening and therefore very dangerous?
Somehow i doubt it but the possibility exists.
Can claymores become pregnant? Okay wrong thread.
Orgasms and inpregnation are actually two different things, I'm not going to go into this because it is the wrong thread like you said.
Old 2009-05-08, 16:54   Link #360
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

Quote:
Haha i'm keeping clear of this one the freudian symoblism appears about every other chapter...

You´ll only get loose situations. Strange moments that perceive what you see for a fact.

Clare Kissing Raki for example. What does it mean? A kiss is a kiss but the motivations behind it can differ. Only the author knows.

We, speculate. We, aren`t they. Thus, we don´t know what they think.
Closed Thread