AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-05-13, 13:22   Link #841
Kafriel
Senior Guest

How far have you seen bloodstones go? Today's Raijin had a 19-charged one, and since we're still playing in 3.59d that's some heavy regen.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-13, 14:02   Link #842
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I got yelled at for saying "2 Vanguards on sniper is stupid" in pub
I gave up when I saw Axe with 3 Vanguards.
"Don't argue with idiots", as the saying goes. Two vanguards are around 4k, add 2k and you have a Skadi. Sniper as far as I know is dps hero that uses distance as a natural disable. Skadi's slow is perfect and since he's agi the +25 stat boost and decent mana/hp boost is much more worthwhile. The only thing Vanguard (I wouldn't get more then one) has going for it is the easier (read: cheaper) item stack required to make it, which is not something you should be worried with sniper anyway (hint: there's no hurry to get everything for skadi asap, particularly the recipy and 2nd Ultimate orb).

To sum it up: "Tank-build on a ranged dps WTF?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
How far have you seen bloodstones go? Today's Raijin had a 19-charged one, and since we're still playing in 3.59d that's some heavy regen.
3.59d?
Old 2009-05-13, 14:22   Link #843
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
7 8 9
4 5 6
1 2 3
I guess.

After so many attempts, I have come to a conclusion,and that's Warlock's Upheaval is on the verge of being completely useless. The AoE is terrible (note: it's 650 AoE around Warlock, not your casting AoE), it's channeling spell, and the duration need at least 3 seconds to actually show significant result. Not a single time I can use it properly, with many builds (like, BKB and Blink dagger for the lulz), and even in pub .
Old 2009-05-13, 14:32   Link #844
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
3.59d?
6.59, my bad :P
Old 2009-05-13, 15:18   Link #845
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
I guess.

After so many attempts, I have come to a conclusion,and that's Warlock's Upheaval is on the verge of being completely useless. The AoE is terrible (note: it's 650 AoE around Warlock, not your casting AoE), it's channeling spell, and the duration need at least 3 seconds to actually show significant result. Not a single time I can use it properly, with many builds (like, BKB and Blink dagger for the lulz), and even in pub .
How about Fatal Bonds, any good results? I find it more or less a hard to use splash. (what's with the numbers btw?)

With Warlock I just concentrate on ward/ulti/stats and save my attention for refresher and dagon.
Old 2009-05-13, 16:16   Link #846
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Which means, you have 65% chance that an attack will be reduced by 45, regardless the original damage (although I can't remember if it is before or after armor reduction).
Klash already said enough, but to sum it up:
  • Vanguard, Scout Shield are applied in order of purchase (if you drop/pick that also counts).
    This means that if you have a vanguard and you buy a scout shield, the shield will be checked first! So if it triggers you only block 30 damage (instead of 40 of the Vanguard).
  • Block affects Normal Damage (Physical), there are Spells that deal Normal (Physical) damage those will also be effected.
  • Block is applied to damage before armor reduction (and spell reduction).
Old 2009-05-13, 22:03   Link #847
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
How about Fatal Bonds, any good results? I find it more or less a hard to use splash. (what's with the numbers btw?)

With Warlock I just concentrate on ward/ulti/stats and save my attention for refresher and dagon.
Fatal Bonds is good, very good if your team has some nice AoE heroes. Even without a nice AoE line up, it can still do some decent damage on its own.
Old 2009-05-14, 00:45   Link #848
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Fact: if you have Bloodstone with more than 10 charges, and the game is not over, then you suck.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-14, 00:48   Link #849
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
With Meepo get ulti early and always go with all in one pack, otherwise the net is not effective and your more or less useless. Not having your minions covered by passives makes them very very easily killed (they're like some forest creeps) not to mention the control issues.
not always
if you're 16 already, sometimes you need 1 meepo at the base so you can poof out of ganks
but if you're aiming for a kill, have the 3 other meepos on standby, the 3 will poof once target is catched in net.

you really don't 4 nets to be very effective, 3 nets is already enough since geostrike stacks, the enemy can't move fast. net's cd is 8 secs, if enemy tries to tp out, 2 secs is still enough to catch him cause delay time for tp is 3 secs

so I advice not always go in one pack, :]

Quote:
I guess.

you need at least one holder i.e (treant, enigma, magnataur) I think so that upheaval can successfully slow down opponents

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-14, 01:33   Link #850
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

@ In this thread.. Cats failed to detect sarcasms from Duo or KiNA.

@ Papaya, Kuroky got 16 charges IIRC with his stormspirit once.. and the game still hangs in balance
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-14, 01:38   Link #851
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Everyone else must've been doing fucking amazing then, seeing as how SS is retardedly broken D:
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-14, 07:29   Link #852
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Say, anyone thinks there is something wrong with Death Prophet?

And the 1.24 patch sure takes a long time.
Old 2009-05-14, 07:36   Link #853
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Wrong as in OP'd or glitched?
Old 2009-05-14, 08:18   Link #854
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Nope.​​​​​​​
Old 2009-05-14, 10:15   Link #855
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
my answer is no as well, why you ask?

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-14, 10:21   Link #856
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
And the 1.24 patch sure takes a long time.
Lets hope it doesn't take longer then that you know which Diablo II patch.

On a related note, what does everyone think of the new (Level) Reciepy-Shops layout. Note how there are now 6 where there were previously 5. The other 5 basic item shops (including the "secret shop" but excluding lane shops) probably remain unchanged since they already function like this (though new items are posible).

Pop quiz: What is the item (in the image) just above Vanguard?
Old 2009-05-14, 10:36   Link #857
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Shiva's guard should be under arcane sanctum, lothar's edge should be in ancient weaponry and the whole layout is not very accurate; some items got supportive effects and auras as well as an offensive ability, and others (like necronomicon), despite being castable, offer support auras. I prefer the shop-level system we got now, it's better for inexperienced players.
On an unrelated note, I didn't know roshan was hexable
Old 2009-05-14, 11:22   Link #858
Lostdreams

Quote:
^ Depends on the tank, since life steal is dependent on the damage you deal naix is pretty much going to suck air against heroes like Dragon Knight or anyone investing in armor over the alternative stratagy of being a HP bottle. You then have the new Blade Mail which returns the damage 100% as magic (the cooldown is really low). As for Necro, late game str heroes get a little overpowered, so if the game does not break early I do not see Necrolyte (even with Aganim) doing much other then good support and push.

If one team does not have str heroes at all and the other has one or some, the usual scenario regardless of hero combination is usually str team wins.
Faerie Dragon (Puke) or The Oblivion (Pugna)?

For Puke 1st + 2nd + ulti, 2nd is main, when 1st and 2nd are maxed I might or might not put 1 point in shift (generally do not); everything extra in stats. Normally attack with 2nd then first. For Pugna, 1st and 2nd, 2nd is main (always use it first), get ulti after you max 1st and 2nd, get stats with extra. Change acordangly depending on the enemy; no combination is 100%.
ok, first of all, Naix deals damage according to the % of the enemie's hp. #2 blade mail is returned as magic damage but only deals 50% due to magic resistance. #3 Honestly everything you said is so stupid that I don't think you know how to play dota. Necro getting aganim is the worst thing you can ever do since Aganim will only increase Necro's ult by a mere few dmg(I think it's somewhere around 64). #4 Heartstopper aura deals 2% of max hp per second in a 700 aoe. That's insane damage right there and anti - tank no? 25 seconds and 50% of their life is gone. Also, not getting puck's phase shift is the stupidest thing to do with puck.

Wow, reading over the last few pages of this thread made me realize how fail it is. Lothars on ES? Don't get gem or dust? Invis is overpowered? Weaver is anti-brood/sa? These are just the tips of the iceberg. Honestly to Cats and Frality, I recommend you guys stop playing -em games, go to Dota forums and read the guides, watch some replays, not the tda or league replays but the pro tourney replays, and learn how to play that way because playing -em or pub games will not help you.
Lostdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-14, 12:08   Link #859
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Now now, there are many ways to play a hero and item set-up can depend on your enemies as well. Necro's ulti deals damage based on damage already taken, .3 damage per HP can be a lot on a heavy pudge and heartstopper aura practically gets cancelled with two hearts so it wouldn't matter how many minutes you have to wait.
(<-Wonders why he's not getting flamed since he's the biggest noob on this thread...)
Old 2009-05-14, 13:16   Link #860
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Nope.​​​​​​​
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
my answer is no as well, why you ask?
Because I find she's broken as shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostdreams View Post
ok, first of all, Naix deals damage according to the % of the enemie's hp. #2 blade mail is returned as magic damage but only deals 50% due to magic resistance. #3 Honestly everything you said is so stupid that I don't think you know how to play dota. Necro getting aganim is the worst thing you can ever do since Aganim will only increase Necro's ult by a mere few dmg(I think it's somewhere around 64). #4 Heartstopper aura deals 2% of max hp per second in a 700 aoe. That's insane damage right there and anti - tank no? 25 seconds and 50% of their life is gone. Also, not getting puck's phase shift is the stupidest thing to do with puck.
It's funny most of your information is wrong, don't you know? How about learning to read clearly before posting? =/

#1: Naix deals damage according to the % of enemy's current hp, but the passive's dmg is physical type, therefore it gets reduce by armor. So everything Cats said is right. You get the life steal base on your damage, no? Therefore Naix will be suck against hero with low hp/high armor like Dragon Knight, no?
#2: And why it's 50%? Or you're just completely ignorant about DotA's mechanic?
#3: How about taking a look or try it first before flaming? From 45% max hp damage for a hero with 50% hp left to 60% max hp dmg, and 45s cool down isn't something to sneeze at.
#4: Where did you get that number?
There is no version that Heartstop Aura went above 1.25% max hp damage.
#5: The stupidest thing you can do with Puck is maxing Phase Shift before both of your 2 nukes.

And don't talk about -em with me. I have never touch that ever since I began playing DotA.