AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Regios

Notices

View Poll Results: Romance is in the air. Multiple selection available!
Layfon x Felli 148 58.96%
Layfon x Nina 84 33.47%
Layfon x Leerin 103 41.04%
Layfon x Gorneo aka --LayGor-- 12 4.78%
Layfon x Mei 43 17.13%
Layfon x Naruki 33 13.15%
Savaris x Layfon x Dixerio 12 4.78%
Dein Dee x Dalshena 7 2.79%
Dein Dee x Nina 2 0.80%
Harley x Nina 11 4.38%
Layfon x Kallian 5 1.99%
Felli x Shante 15 5.98%
Layfon x Other 11 4.38%
Other x Other 20 7.97%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 251. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-16, 01:58   Link #841
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
I think every girl won something with being with Layfon. So even if Layfon choose someone the other three girls gained enough and if they're strong enough they're able to move on. That's twicemal true to Nina. If anyone Nina surely able to move on even if she feels the worst aftzer that(ok maybe after Leerin if he don't choose her).
Old 2009-05-16, 02:03   Link #842
danin8r44
The King of the Insane

I can see how all of the girls in the story have gained something from Layfon, and how he will have had a positive effect on all of them even if they are rejected. Every girl that is, except Leerin. If Layfon doesn't choose Leerin it can only have an extremely negative effect on her.
Old 2009-05-16, 02:12   Link #843
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Not exactly...i think if the author potent enough he can write a story where the development with Leerin heads towards the aim that Leerin "grow out" of her love with Layfon. I think CSR will last at least for 20 volumes so anything is possible.
Old 2009-05-16, 02:27   Link #844
satomianzaki

yeah...besides, Leerin hasn't directly stated that she's really in love with Layfon...her actions and thoughts are gearing towards that though...but i'll only believe that she does when she makes a confession to layfon...even indirectly...though i forgot, she kissed him...oh well, have to wait for more proofs...

the same with Nina, a little hint of affection for Layfon, but not quite yet there...

on the other hand, its clear that Felli and Mayshen really likes Layfon...

so, the real question here now is, if Layfon were to rate his feelings towards them, who will have the biggest piece of his heart...hahaha...(i really sound so corny)...

anyways, will just wait for the next episode...really anticipating...

Last edited by satomianzaki; 2009-05-16 at 02:29. Reason: forgot something
Old 2009-05-16, 09:06   Link #845
TrueKnight

Until now where they showed us there isn't a single day where Leerin doesn't mutter about Layfon. It's like she's born to always talk and think about him so yeah she likes him.....alot. The only main female leads who shows little romantic interest on him is Nina. Maybe she was meant to be with Dixerio instead?
Old 2009-05-16, 09:42   Link #846
zibi88

You can add that if she wasnt in love with Layfon.... she wouldnt go to Zerenii to his side... now she has to go throught dangerous situations just for that sake (large distance between them yet she is willing to go !)..... while Felli,Nina, Meishen are safe in the city.......... we can simply ask what would happen is Leerin was with Layfon from the beggining...... simply now Leerin is not there so large free space for Felli or Nina..... but when Leerin will appear at Zerenii taht will change for sure ^^

Approching of the greatest love rival ever :P since Leerin knows a lot lot more about Layfon whan other gils.... not mention that she was growing up with him together so they know each other quite good (the letters proofs that)

I'm kinda after LeerinxLayfon pairing.... since Leerin is the only girl that risks a lot to just get to layfon when they are separeted for such long distance... (and she kinda will cheer him up now).... and well she was the only one that standed at Layfon's side when that acciedent happened.... so this proofs that she preffers Layfon over everyone else....

Felli has a crush becouse she found a person similar to herself... with strong power so she is not the only one there..... but Layfon kinda doesnt show any love interest in Felli (at least not after ep18.... Felli said such words yet he didnt reacted to them.......) he rathers sees Felli as friend than girlfriend.... (Felli was not able to chear him up)

So I will stick up with Leerin since she is thinking about Layfon all the time, leaving her study,home [grendan], father just to for the sake of beign close to Layfon it kinda proofs her strong feelings...

I wonder what would Felli or Nina do if Layfon returned to Grendan..... would they tag along to Grendan to be closer to Layfon.... or would they stay in Zerenii...
Old 2009-05-16, 09:46   Link #847
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

I'll be thinking about it seriously if Dixerio hasn't ereased her memories of him at the first contact.
But i think any of the girls could find a new guy after Layfon refused them...
Felli: Well, her standards are sky-high(or Heaven's(blade) high)
Nina: Hard question. If she express herself differently then probably yes, otherwise she remains as untouchable as in the past.
Leerin: normal girl, if she's over Layfon then yes.
Meishen: she's in the easiest situation.
Old 2009-05-16, 12:20   Link #848
satomianzaki

okay, i have to admit that leerin does like layfon...no need to question about that anymore...if layfon attracts many girls, i think the childhood friend will not escape his charm...

regarding nina x dixerio, not bad...but since nina is the type that is not that easy to get interested to guys (she's like one of the boys) and seeing a hint that she might actually like layfon (though its very very faint), i'll still go for nina x layfon pairing...

for me, based on the previous episodes, nina may actually have a big chance of winning layfon...but since leerin will now get into the picture, i think, like what the others are saying, the real battle is just about to start...funny that the throphy of the competition is layfon...

so i'll just wait for the developments then....
Old 2009-05-16, 16:21   Link #849
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Right about Nina is destroying every girl not including Leerin for layfon's heart.
At this rate fellis will end up alone or with her brother!
Old 2009-05-16, 17:23   Link #850
Dam Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
Right about Nina is destroying every girl not including Leerin for layfon's heart.
At this rate fellis will end up alone or with her brother!
How can she end up with her brother? We all know it's going to be the KallianxFonfon ending.
Old 2009-05-16, 17:29   Link #851
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

That's the fearsome element of Nina in romance department: she's a capable opponentt even if she does thing unintentionally. Her high spirits moves almost everything with herself sometimes.
Old 2009-05-16, 17:57   Link #852
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinta View Post
The childhood friend has rarely won these fights
Sinta... anime in general is rife with childhood friends winning and the majority of the time the relationship doesn't even get developed and they purely win because they are the childhood friend and ignore the developed girl who grows with the lead.

The only time childhood friends generally get shafted is when they are clearly a support character to the female lead who is an alien like in To Love Ru or a deity like in Kannagi. Childhood friend success rate in those situations plummet but other wise are very high.

Don't get me wrong I don't hate childhood friends winning... only when it's badly written and lacks development.. which sadly is nearly all the time. And from what I've seen of Regios Leerin winning would throw that into that catergory since all we really know about Leerin is that her world is pretty much Layfon. Hopefully that changes in the novels later on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
You guys are undermining the role of Nina a bit. She’s the underdog but somewhat a dark horse in a chess board that will somehow steal the spotlight with Fon-fon like ep 18 has proven.
To me it seems that it's mainly Felli fans doing that, since they're probably trying to convince themselves it's a two horse race and thinking Nina is one of them two means their precious Felli is out of it

Personally I think Nina is in the drivers seat... Felli's clearly going to just be able to open up emotionally thanks to Fon Fon and that's it. Leerin will probably end up getting over thinking of Layfon all the damn time and maybe do something with her life at the end that doesn't revolve around Layfon. Leerin's seriously yandere potential if she loses out atm.
Old 2009-05-16, 22:40   Link #853
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam Dog View Post
Huh, I guess I heard wrong. Ah, well.

Anyway, as to Nina, I'd like to see her end up as more of a bro. Fonfon's personality doesn't really fit her (in my opinion, of course), and it'd end up being a pretty one-sided relationship. As a bro, though, Nina's pretty cool. She takes on first squad all be erhself and doesn't afraid of haikizoku.
Well, what you heard is not exactly wrong either. There is a part in the later chapter that shows how Layfon really feels about Leerin and there was even a picture accommodating that. However, since the novels is not over, things could change or at least fans of any of the girls are hoping for. Fans for Leerin hope things stays the same while fans for the others hope things will change.

"The novel is still on-going and in the anime, Leerin is yet to arrive to Zuellini. She's yet to meet Layfon again and lots of things have happened to him. His experiences in team battles, the team work and interaction with people weaker than him may have changed Layfon. This may surprise Leerin, that the Layfon she once knew is not the same as before."

Well, the core qualities about Layfon did not change and I think that's what Leerin loves him about.
Old 2009-05-16, 23:15   Link #854
Dam Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
To me it seems that it's mainly Felli fans doing that, since they're probably trying to convince themselves it's a two horse race and thinking Nina is one of them two means their precious Felli is out of it

Personally I think Nina is in the drivers seat... Felli's clearly going to just be able to open up emotionally thanks to Fon Fon and that's it. Leerin will probably end up getting over thinking of Layfon all the damn time and maybe do something with her life at the end that doesn't revolve around Layfon. Leerin's seriously yandere potential if she loses out atm.
Says who? As a Felli fan, I resent your remarks.

Still, my honest assessment is that Layfon sees Nina (who I keep trying to call 'ninja', for some reason. Seriously, my finger hits the j key of its own accord ) as a friend. A very GOOD friend, yes, but not a love interest. The way he acts towards her, more than his (purposeful?) ignorance around/towards Felli and Meishin, seems to me to indicate that she's a bro, not a ho :P

I could be wrong, of course. No doubt we'll find out soon, if the series gives us a hard ending. How many episodes is the series supposed to be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
Well, what you heard is not exactly wrong either. There is a part in the later chapter that shows how Layfon really feels about Leerin and there was even a picture accommodating that. However, since the novels is not over, things could change or at least fans of any of the girls are hoping for. Fans for Leerin hope things stays the same while fans for the others hope things will change.

"The novel is still on-going and in the anime, Leerin is yet to arrive to Zuellini. She's yet to meet Layfon again and lots of things have happened to him. His experiences in team battles, the team work and interaction with people weaker than him may have changed Layfon. This may surprise Leerin, that the Layfon she once knew is not the same as before."

Well, the core qualities about Layfon did not change and I think that's what Leerin loves him about.
Ah, so I was sort-of close. To my eyes that seems to indicate that Leerin will enter the race with roughly the same progress as the others. No doubt a fierce battle lies ahead
Old 2009-05-16, 23:53   Link #855
satomianzaki

Quote:
you may be right...

but as long as the english translations of the LN chapters is incomplete, all we can do is either base the developments and flow of story on the pictures of LN (as hints) or hear it directly from a reliable source who knows nihongo...so for now, all i can say, all are just speculations...

Old 2009-05-17, 00:01   Link #856
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by satomianzaki View Post
you may be right...

but as long as the english translations of the LN chapters is incomplete, all we can do is either base the developments and flow of story on the pictures of LN (as hints) or hear it directly from a reliable source who knows nihongo...so for now, all i can say, all are just speculations...

Actually, I heard it from a reliable source who does not the language. I first encounter the image and was quite intrigued by it and had a couple people verify what it was about.
Old 2009-05-17, 01:22   Link #857
ricaryx

Quote:
Actually, I heard it from a reliable source who does not the language. I first encounter the image and was quite intrigued by it and had a couple people verify what it was about.
Must you pop my bubble of Nina and Layfon right after this episode It might not be a complete spoiler to me because it's second hand but I'm still interested. Is it about this photo?

Spoiler:
Old 2009-05-17, 01:34   Link #858
satomianzaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricaryx View Post
Must you pop my bubble of Nina and Layfon right after this episode It might not be a complete spoiler to me because it's second hand but I'm still interested. Is it about this photo?

Spoiler:

hehehe..that picture is from volume 9 of the light novel...

i think enternal is referring to the picture of the latest volume of LN...volume 12...the picture with Leerin...but i guess, enternal should confirm this himself/herself..

Old 2009-05-17, 06:32   Link #859
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post

I still donīt see romantic inclinations between the two. Yeah, the reunion between them seemed curiously intense, but with Layfon it is really hard to tell what he is about emotionally ( much more than with Alto, to say the least ).

For me, they are beating down on Felli just a bit too much for her to just "open up emotionally" in the end. Leerin is still pretty "bleh" whitebread and Ninas path seems to me to come into her power and be able to protect Zuellni effectively.

Hey, I may be wrong here, because the series most probably will end on a draw anyway, since the novels are still ongoing. But I donīt see Felli out of the running at all. I find her having to suffer at the mid-point to be more of an indicator that sheīll end up at least being on the front of the pack at seasons end ( or maybe she appears to be, then Leerin finally makes her entrance or somesuch ).
Old 2009-05-17, 07:23   Link #860
Redlar

I don't see Layfon ending up with any of the girls in the anime just yet, if they're doing it for 2 seasons or more. He's the kind of character that goes "I'm not worthy of your love" and keeps his distance from everyone, or tries to.

I do support Felli the most though. And Naruki.

Last edited by Redlar; 2009-05-17 at 07:46.
Closed Thread