AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-05-19, 12:13   Link #661
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

My mistake, I would have thought they'd sell it in electronic entertainment stores.
izmosmolnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-19, 15:20   Link #662
Lady_Bernkastel

I think the opening to the anime would be Akiko Shikata's "Kin-iro no Choushou"...since, if you noticed, this song appeared (as off-vocal version) in the trailer for the anime ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTZf9Xve-dA)...this makes me think it would be the theme song.
Besides this song sounds creepy, dark and mysterious -which is good for the series.

(Pay attention to laughing voice in the end~ gives me the chills lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6QRFyyZGc0)

They'll probably use it....I won't be surprised at all.
Lady_Bernkastel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-19, 15:30   Link #663
lovelysan
Umineko and Mabinogi fan~

I hope they use it somehow, opening or not, I frikin' love the vocal version of that song. Though I think the song would fit better being the opening for the second arc as opposed to the first.
lovelysan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-19, 15:31   Link #664
Midonin
Last Engage

The opening is still untitled and is going to be a completely new song. Not the first time a trailer has used an already existing song for background music.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-19, 17:29   Link #665
Coruja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Bernkastel View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6QRFyyZGc0
I really LOVE that version but I don't think it'd work as an opening song. But I second lovelysan, they should use it somewhere because it's very good (even if I still like the instrumental better).
I kind of want a completely new song for the anime OP-
Coruja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-19, 17:43   Link #666
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
I think the opening to the anime would be Akiko Shikata's "Kin-iro no Choushou"...since, if you noticed, this song appeared (as off-vocal version) in the trailer for the anime ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTZf9Xve-dA)...this makes me think it would be the theme song.
Besides this song sounds creepy, dark and mysterious -which is good for the series.

(Pay attention to laughing voice in the end~ gives me the chills lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6QRFyyZGc0)

As much as I love to see it happen I don't think it would work at all being an OP. But being an insert song for the serious would be awesome! Definitely one of my favorite tracks from the game.

I would ofc love to see the original game OP being used but lets see what they can come up with to match that as close as possible.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-20, 00:00   Link #667
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

I still would like the original opening to be used somehow like the very first song they will play, then the rest of the openings would be the new one.
Christen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-20, 00:59   Link #668
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownBeast View Post
How can you find a copy physically in Japan anyways?

I've got a friend going there too. But he's no...er.. otaku.. (Can't find a better term.. >_<)
Well according to my brother who lived in Japan on a study course for a year, tell the person to head for Akiba and check any and all stores where there's a poster of a hugely disproportioned animated character within 5 feet of the entrance and majority of the patrons are short and wear glasses.

A strangely racist suggestion but hey, same could be said about us Chinese.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-20, 01:11   Link #669
Rias

I'm glad that Shikata Akiko and Dai has been confirmed to be working with the anime...so that's 2 less places they can mess up
Rias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-20, 02:46   Link #670
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
I'm glad that Shikata Akiko and Dai has been confirmed to be working with the anime...so that's 2 less places they can mess up
yay no more Kenji Kawai, I hope the creators of the other music also will work with the OST to the anime (especially zts It would be so great to hear dreamenddischarger in the anime

Last edited by sona-nyl; 2009-05-20 at 02:47. Reason: typo
sona-nyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-20, 17:34   Link #671
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

& here i was hoping Kawai Kenji would be working on the score for this show. Ah well.
Old 2009-05-21, 03:28   Link #672
ricaryx

I've been waiting for this for so long! I can't wait.
ricaryx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 04:44   Link #673
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

The original song in the game never impressed me as much as it should. Perhaps it's because it gave me serious Ar Tonelico vibes with its hymns and melody.
cheesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-22, 22:14   Link #674
UnknownBeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadauw View Post
Well, I got my copy thanks to my brother in Japan. He bought it in a shop in akihabara.
Akihabara... Don't think it's possible.. >_>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varion View Post
No, they don't.

If you want it, you have two choices - buy it from an anime shop (Melon books, Tora no Ana, Animate, etc), or buy online from the online versions of those shops.
Hmm.. I better look up where they're located..

How can you ask the store clerks?

"Where is the Umineko no Naku Koro ni doujin game?"

Or is my friend gonna have to wade through the eroge section? >__>;;
UnknownBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-22, 22:31   Link #675
fourtwenty
ざわ。。ざわ。。

I look very forward to watching this, but I just can't see it being as good as the VN.
fourtwenty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-22, 23:31   Link #676
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourtwenty View Post
I look very forward to watching this, but I just can't see it being as good as the VN.
Umineko being a visual novel naturally allows more room and flexibility in its storytelling. Coupled with Ryukishi's attentiveness to even the smallest details (some would refer it as 'overdone' ) it adds to the richness of the world the novel intends to portray.

The anime format is more restrictive. It's slated for a fixed number of episodes, and as it's required to re-tell the story in animation format, this means there's bound to be subtle details removed; realistically, it's impossible to dictate the story word by word. With that said, there are a few advantages I could see the anime easily compensating, such as the A+ cast list, which was absent from the novel, to breathe even more life into the characters. The animation artwork is a given, as I personally despise the horrendous art in the game. The promotion art and character sketches already look very promising, as well as other factors.

Really, what's important with the anime is not 'whether it could be as good as the novel', despite some people wishing it to be, but which details it would include and omit to be able to package its story as efficiently as possible, and deliver a good, solid impact to mark this a successful hit. This is where the fanbase's faith in the animation studio comes in, but personally, I'm quite lenient already as I'm happy that the Umineko anime project was given the green light in the first place.
cheesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-23, 00:40   Link #677
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Nah they're not in the eroge section, they're usually in the regular doujin games section like the Touhou games, usually nearer to the entrance of the store. Just show the guy a picture of the cover and it shouldn't be hard to find (especially as ep4 is DVD case size and most doujin games are CD jewel case size) - he can safely ignore the doujin aisles and eroge section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourtwenty View Post
See this is the problem, people are expecting the anime to be some kind of magical replacement for the games, covering every single detail regardless of the massive differences in medium. Why can't people see it as a complement? Sure, you won't read every detail of description, or every single line of dialogue, or even every single scene - it's just not practical in the amount of time available. What you will see is the thrilling fight scenes animated, rather than simply described and the scenes they cover actually acted out with voice actors (Ryuukishi mentioned that in particular the sibling arguments are coming out really well) both adding whole new levels to the story. If you've read the VN already I don't see why you need a replacement for it - it's not going away. Why can't people just let the two coexist and enjoy each for its own merits?
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-23, 00:41   Link #678
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Akihabara... Don't think it's possible.. >_>

Hmm.. I better look up where they're located..

How can you ask the store clerks?

"Where is the Umineko no Naku Koro ni doujin game?"

How is that not possible 0_o there are TONS of shops that sell used games too. Or do you mean in Japan in general? There are many anime goods stores in Japan other than Akiba, which are not so heavily picked over.

You ask them if they have the game. Say the game's name to them. I had to get them to find me ONE because I couldn't see it so many titles. Shops usually have games organized into sections some have them in alphabetical order. Or you can write down the name and give it to the clerk.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-23, 02:55   Link #679
fourtwenty
ざわ。。ざわ。。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varion View Post
Why can't people just let the two coexist and enjoy each for its own merits?
Point taken, but maybe I should have formed my original post better.

I'm really just hoping it's not an atrocity, but then again Higurashi season 1 was my first introduction to Ryuukishi's works, and if the Umineko anime is at least as good as Higurashi is I will be satisfied, that being said I think the Umineko story is just more suited to the VN format of story telling. However I do eagerly anticipate the anime adaptation and hope all the best for it.
fourtwenty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-23, 11:09   Link #680
Fujikira
Sharp Dressed Symmetry

Quote:
Seeing if DEEN plays the openings like they did with Higurashi I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled something like that out of thier hats.

That laugh makes me want to hide in a corner.
Fujikira is offline   Reply With Quote