Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-06-18, 16:45   Link #1
from_the_sand
gomu gomu

Send a message via AIM to from_the_sand
Chakra overused?

I don't know... it occasionally bothers me in Naruto how they just say "I put Chakra in it now, I can do anything with it!" sometimes it just feels like an excuse or something. While it does make perfect sense, it just kinda makes it slightly less interesting and doesn't take advantage of the creative potential that can be used in the Naruto world. I dont actually care that much, it's just a thought.

Moderator's note: this post was edited for capitalization, punctuation and spelling corrections.

Last edited by from_the_sand; 2004-06-18 at 17:05.
from_the_sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-18, 16:47   Link #2
Hyuuga Neji
Byakugan Master

Send a message via AIM to Hyuuga Neji
woah man reading your post is like reading my sister's hand writting
Hyuuga Neji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-18, 16:58   Link #3
indo

well they can do a lot with chakra. but at least it's not like in DBZ where they can blow up planets and all that

so i'm ok with it
indo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-18, 17:01   Link #4
Hyuuga Neji
Byakugan Master

Send a message via AIM to Hyuuga Neji
and it doesnt take 4 episodes to gather enough chakra to do somthing....so I'm okay with it too
Hyuuga Neji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-18, 17:03   Link #5
from_the_sand
gomu gomu

yeah sorry bout the post hehe ^^". im kinda unorganized right now....(didn't wake up too long ago) yeah and also its just more of a thought i guess. i dont care that much. anyhoo im gonna go fix that post.
Old 2004-06-18, 17:04   Link #6
Murugan
Totally Spirited Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyuuga Neji
and it doesnt take 4 episodes to gather enough chakra to do somthing....so I'm okay with it too
I can agree with that..
Murugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-18, 17:11   Link #7
Last of the Uchiha

Quote:
Originally Posted by from_the_sand
idunno it occasionall bothers me in naruto how they just say "i put chakra in it now i can do anything with it!" sometime it just feels like an excuse or something.one of things was especially whenn ino cut her hair, and then was just lie oooo! chackra not i can make it bind you!!!111!!! idunno i love naruto, but that was just a thought. like i know people are gonna say to me "it makes perfect sense" but it just seems a little over used.
I'm sorry to say this but i can't understand your post, but i will try my best to answer it. (Try to edit your post and make clear your point, that way people can understand it and answer you) First of all, to do any technique you need chakra, otherwise they won't be able to perform it. If what you are trying to say, is that anyone can do anything they want to with chakra then, thats not true. We have seen ninjas trying to beat their opponents with all they got but failed. I think what you are trying to say is mostly based on Naruto lines: "I'm protecting my precious people so i would beat you up with all my power" If that's what you saying then i agree with you. Sorry, but the rest of the post i can't understand it, other than you love Naruto as we all do.
Last of the Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-18, 17:35   Link #8
from_the_sand
gomu gomu

sorry bou that...,^^. i fixed it. i was tres tired when i posted....hehe osrry again.
Old 2004-06-18, 17:40   Link #9
Last of the Uchiha

Quote:
sorry bou that...,^^. i fixed it. i was tres tired when i posted....hehe osrry again.

Don't worry about it, but what exactly was your point about?
Last of the Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-18, 17:42   Link #10
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure

Quote:
I don't know... it occasionally bothers me in Naruto how they just say "I put Chakra in it now, I can do anything with it!" sometimes it just feels like an excuse or something. While it does make perfect sense, it just kinda makes it slightly less interesting and doesn't take advantage of the creative potential that can be used in the Naruto world. I dont actually care that much, it's just a thought.

Moderator's note: this post was edited for capitalization, punctuation and spelling corrections.

I kinda get what your pointing at, the only thing that annoys me though, is when people are fighting they can be like *POOF* that wasnt really me! *POOF* that wasnt really me either! *POOF* that wasnt me either though! etc >.<
Dauthi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-18, 17:47   Link #11
indo

no that is a verry cool and smart technique and puts some tactics in the battles a good ninja surprises his ennemy and defeats him by stealth and surprise not by brute force
indo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-18, 18:04   Link #12
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure

Quote:
Originally Posted by indo
no that is a verry cool and smart technique and puts some tactics in the battles a good ninja surprises his ennemy and defeats him by stealth and surprise not by brute force
No, good battles that had some good outsmarting was with Naruto and Shika. When one character attacks another, and its not him, it just seems really lame in some cases. Its like in DBZ when they get a sudden power boost (both are like major turnarounds in a battle).
Dauthi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-18, 18:19   Link #13
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

I think the implication with the transformations is this. If you're good, and paying attention, you'll be able to discern where your enemy ACTUALLY is. The transformations, if you've noticed, only take place when someone gets surprised or something. They've lost track of the real person, and are basically "jumping at shadows" because they've already been caught off guard and are susceptible to it.

Remember when Anko tries to take down Orochimaru's clone, and he laughs at her for not being able to detect that its a double? It's basically exploiting a small opening with their speed.

The only "it was a double!" moment I thought was just cheeseball was during the Lee vs. Gaara fight, when Lee's doing the kick into the air, and then in the following episode it's like, "Oh that was all a lie." The one with Asuma and the 9 sounds is cheese, too, but that wasn't the way it went in the manga, so whatever.

Anyway, I prefer the everything being above board strategies being better, where I can clearly trace the execution of the plan as it's happening and don't have to rely on blanks being filled in by narrators. If you haven't read the manga, Shikamaru has a brilliantly laid out plan that is one of the best I've seen in terms of how it's executed on the part of the writers.

But the "henge" moves aren't complete crap for the most part.
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-18, 18:37   Link #14
Wintrow

If you watch for the Kawarimi's you can predict them.

During the "Hero of the Hidden Waterfall Special" I they didn't use Kawarimi at all and I kept going wtf?!? Have they forgotten everything? Especially Naruto and that Waterfall hero guy taking kunai in the back. They could have easely kawarimi'd out of there without injury.
Wintrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-18, 19:59   Link #15
from_the_sand
gomu gomu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last of the Uchiha
Don't worry about it, but what exactly was your point about?
what i mean is that, for a lot of tactics, they just decide use, and now the unthinkable is possible. Like it just seems like they jjsut say " i put chakra in it!" as oposed to an actual creative explanation. Idunno. I cant explain it all that well.
Old 2004-06-18, 20:52   Link #16
Lu Bu

I can somehow understand what you mean, but it's actually not that lame. Well at least no more than magic as an explanation for the things happening in Harry Potter. If it's not chakra it's ki, and if it's not ki it's magic, mana or something else. It's a mystical source of energy. Without it we wouldn't have that kind of world.
Lu Bu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-19, 03:07   Link #17
Inuzuka
now with 20% more ego!

Send a message via MSN to Inuzuka
Quote:
Originally Posted by indo
Aye' i agree.One of the coollest things about fight sequences as a whole is the fact that they use jutsu's,like nobodys' business!
I especially liked the part when Kakashi was fighting with Zabuza and Zabuza hacked him,to find out that it wasnt' really Kakashi!Then Kakashi turns out behind him,holding him at knifepoint.

Only to discover it wasn't really Zabuza at all!.

Personally i think one of the major attractions of Naruto is how the creators beath new life,into the old stereotyped ninja.And the way the character's use jutsu is,in my opinion,one of the ways Kishimoto-san defeats the stereotype.(With style as well^_^)
Inuzuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-19, 08:43   Link #18
Truesquirrel
Call me Squirrelmaster

One of the greatest moments in Naruto was in the very first episode (manga chapter). When Naruto tackled Iruka, I was very surprised. Then, it turned out that Iruka was Mizuki, and Naruto was Iruka. After this, I was totally hooked on Naruto. I think the ability to transform and do kawarimi makes the fights interesting and unpredictable. (To a degree, anyway)

As far as the "i put chakra into it," I can see why you think it's a little lame. I'm not bothered by it at all, but I can see where you're coming from.
Truesquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-19, 09:39   Link #19
Narutto Kyuubi

Cool

It's this animes deception technique, they are obviously going to use it when they can. Every anime has somekind of deception technique even in real life there are deceptions (disguises) these are basic technique here people we are going to see them alot. Ninja use there chakra for all there moves thats what makes them ninjas and not just solders in some countries army so of course they are going to be using it almost all the time especially in fights. Would you tell a boxer not to throw punches? a soccer player not to kick a ball? basketball players they can't dribble? I know what your thinking of also, but it is something you have to either get over and accept or decide naruto isn't something you like anymore. I hope you chose the first option. Besides with this technique we get to see people die lots of times without them dieing. I mean come on, you have to admit that scene early on where kakashi is shredded by those 2 asssins Zabuza sent was really cool and allowed kakashi time to evaluate the enemy, test sasuke, naruto and sakura while being able to pick the perfect time to stop both of them. The scene wouldn't have been so cool if he hadn't used that move.

Also, with chakra nearly anything is possible since it is basicaly life and body energy that is controlled by someones will and given it's nature it can be anything they want it to be. BUT they have to know how to do it first, it also has to exist in there world, and they need to have enough chakra to do it and even the strongest chakra thing in the world can't do somethings. (ei blow up the world, blow up the moon, level a city with a basketball sized orb, turn poeple into chocolate)

The moves although have nearly endless posibilities take either a genetic trait, lots of practice and skill, or be tuaght to them from someone else. No one just gets stronger by 10x in the middle of the fight and al of a sudden has a new move they just made up on the spot and is super super strong and can kill anything in one hit. ( now some times we just happen to see a new skill in a fight or someone does show a great deal of strenght we didn't know they had before the fight but, they make sure to explain it with flashbacks about when he learned it, why he can do it, who tuaght him, how hard it was to do, etc. etc) but that just makes for a good story not confusing bs or anything like that. I hope you change your mind about this and that this doesn't confuse other fans into thinking hange and bunshins are stupid or lame.
Narutto Kyuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-19, 10:04   Link #20
uchiha_17
Uchiha Sasuke

Sasuke:"My dreams are not in the future"
"My dreams are in the past... and nowhere else"
uchiha_17 is offline   Reply With Quote