AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody - episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 157 46.87%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 88 26.27%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 57 17.01%
7 out of 10 : Good 21 6.27%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 1.79%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.30%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.30%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 1.19%
Voters: 335. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-22, 23:04   Link #361
StarRodMan

I'm glad I decided to hold off on reading parts of the novels until that part is animated. It's great seeing the story for the first time on screen, and then I can go read the books and get more detail.
Old 2009-05-22, 23:05   Link #362
Jintor

Ah, all the cries of people who didn't read the novel ahead.

I kinda wish I was one, just so I would be surprised by the plot...
Old 2009-05-22, 23:36   Link #363
OkamiNoKaze

I just recently read this chapter of Novel 3, It's amazing how close my mental image and what was actually on screen was, including camera angles in many scenes.
Old 2009-05-23, 00:17   Link #364
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bland View Post
And not sure if anybody else caught it but:
Spoiler for Season 2 ep 1:
yes, we got it --- really, the majority of the posters here are not utter morons. This sort of convoluted storyline where most of the dots connect is what makes the show popular.
Old 2009-05-23, 00:27   Link #365
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

I just realized something.
When Haruhi mumbled to herself about how far off 16 years is, she is referring to her chalk message on the school oval 3 years ago. In effect, Haruhi is STILL waiting for the gods to respond to her "I AM HERE" message.
Old 2009-05-23, 00:34   Link #366
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
When Haruhi mumbled to herself about how far off 16 years is, she is referring to her chalk message on the school oval 3 years ago. In effect, Haruhi is STILL waiting for the gods to respond to her "I AM HERE" message.
You know, I actually hadn't thought of that. Nice catch there
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-05-23, 00:49   Link #367
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Yep....impatient one that girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
yes, we got it --- really, the majority of the posters here are not utter morons. This sort of convoluted storyline where most of the dots connect is what makes the show popular.
Well it looks like it's past somebodies bed time.

Yeah I know what you mean though.
Old 2009-05-23, 00:53   Link #368
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

In all fairness, she's only about 15 or 16 at that point, and she sent the message three years prior. I'd say she has every right to be "impatient," all things considered.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2009-05-23, 00:55   Link #369
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
In all fairness, she's only about 15 or 16 at that point, and she sent the message three years prior. I'd say she has every right to be "impatient," all things considered.
They calculated the time it would take though. It even came up within the episode. Haruhi's just being herself here, always in such a rush for everything to happen.......
Old 2009-05-23, 01:02   Link #370
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

It'd take 16 years. I'm aware of this. What I was getting at with mentioning her age is that she'd have to live out about as many years as she's already been alive in order for the message to even get there.
Old 2009-05-23, 01:02   Link #371
Jze0
Hmmm...

Finally! A new episode of Haruhi. I've been waiting ages for this... ok maybe not ages (only three years to be exact) but I think you get the point. I'm just so happy that there is new Haruhi to watch and now I can rejoice happily, yay!

About the episode, I'll give it a perfect 10, it was that awesome. Mikuru returns with her "Moe" at full throttle, Nagato is still lovely and cool and Haruhi... well lets just say that Haruhi is Haruhi. Kyon's sarcasm remains amusing as always and him calling himself John Smith was funny, though it would be even funnier if that was his real name. Overall happy its back and I look forward to some more.

Last edited by Jze0; 2009-05-23 at 01:29.
Old 2009-05-23, 01:03   Link #372
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
They calculated the time it would take though. It even came up within the episode. Haruhi's just being herself here, always in such a rush for everything to happen.......
Waiting 16 years for a message to arrive is a long time in anybody's book. I am not sure anyone is patient enough to wait 16 years for anything without complaining at some point.
Old 2009-05-23, 01:16   Link #373
Jintor

Quote:
If we take this logic chain further... it's possible that Haruhi hadn't calculated that it would take 16 years when she sent her message on the first three years ago.

So... after waiting for something interesting to happen, she tried to work out why it hadn't happened yet. Thus... 16 years.
Old 2009-05-23, 01:34   Link #374
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Of course with time travellers, espers, and aliens, she might have already gotten all three of those wishes. "I am here" (Aliens: "Noted. we will send observers")
"I want the world to revolve around me" (Esper: "Yes mistress")
"I want the world to reverse rotation" (Time Travelers: "It started three years ago...")
Old 2009-05-23, 02:35   Link #375
Jaden

I understood time travel in Haruhiverse now. So it's like in The Time Machine - you can't change the past, the time travelers realised this so they're acting with strict rules and being extremely careful and all that.

Haruhi is the X factor that allows some time travel and changing of the past to take place as long as history is preserved.

There's a good bit of BS in that kind of time travel - even if time travelers are careful it would be practically impossible not to change the past if you travel in it, due to the butterfly effect.

Yuki probably sees a more true form of the universe, something like the quantum-physical multiverse. The human time travelers are able to get away with what they're doing because of laws that were created by Haruhi's limited mind. She doesn't want paradoxes to happen because that'd boggle her head too much. =P
Old 2009-05-23, 02:39   Link #376
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
There's a good bit of BS in that kind of time travel - even if time travelers are careful it would be practically impossible not to change the past if you travel in it, due to the butterfly effect.
Butterfly effect is just a theory, that can't be tested unless time travel is invented. The opposite view, of temporal destiny that will attempt to repair timeline back to what it was as much as possible, is equally likely.

Haruhi can do more than altering timelines; she can create whole new timelines from scratch. Cause and effect is meaningless to her.
Old 2009-05-23, 02:45   Link #377
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Quote:
Cause and effect is meaningless to her.
In more ways than one
Old 2009-05-23, 03:05   Link #378
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Butterfly effect is just a theory, that can't be tested unless time travel is invented. The opposite view, of temporal destiny that will attempt to repair timeline back to what it was as much as possible, is equally likely.

Haruhi can do more than altering timelines; she can create whole new timelines from scratch. Cause and effect is meaningless to her.
Can't the creation of a new timeline also be seen as the alteration of a current timeline causing it to branch away into a new one. If you are introducing temporal mechanics into this thread then you've opened the pandora's box, but I'm game if it's allowed and all. Technically the only right answer though is that there is no right answer.
Old 2009-05-23, 03:26   Link #379
superzombie23

This episode was great is all I got to say, and it's been 3 years since we got any new Haruhi. I loved the scene where Yuki demands they sleep together LOL! Haruhi series has always had this weird type of humor, and that scene is a great example.

Can someone explain to me what the chess scene means? I'm so confused about what they're talking about when he puts the King in his pocket.
Old 2009-05-23, 03:42   Link #380
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by superzombie23 View Post
Can someone explain to me what the chess scene means? I'm so confused about what they're talking about when he puts the King in his pocket.
The whole point about that, is explaining how sometimes, rules don't work they way they are suppose to. There is just no simple way to explain the time travel mechanics of MoSH, and the pocketed King is a symbol of that.