Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-25, 00:34   Link #481
ShinAkuma135
King of Beasts

Send a message via AIM to ShinAkuma135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lelite View Post
I still think the Vaizard need to be coming in. Hachi's seems to have what they need against Barragan (well, Orihime's power would be ideal, but we'll settle with the next best thing). Or maybe the old Special Corps leader in to save the new one, the one with Urahara now.

RE: Ichigo's Hollow.

I thought his victory against Ulquiorra was way more believable than Hitsugaya's current fighting level. I mean, his hollow kicked EVERYONE's ass that it ever had a chance to encounter (Yep, even in the Kenpachi fight Ichigo only won because the hollow manifested itself to help him), so coming out more full-strength than usual against a strong opponent while on the verge of death is classically shounen, and no more guilty of plot-device than any other work of adrenaline-inducing work of fiction. Seconding what Phenomenal said - Ulquiorra himself remarked that Ichigo's (or perhaps the Hollow's) reiatsu was at times stronger than his own.

As for Hitsugaya.... his trash-talking is starting to get on my nerves, and I'm pretty tolerant. I mean, if anything, it's completely OUT of his character to do something like that.
he needs to get laid....i can't imgaine him having to hard of a time with that, i mean c'mon he's a captain. matsumoto or momo should just rape him while he's asleep...maybe that will make him less of a dipwad
Old 2009-05-25, 03:56   Link #482
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

maybe when he hits spiritual puberty *scratches chin* possibly why he's so grumpy all the time >_>
Old 2009-05-25, 04:31   Link #483
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
I'd rather die from two hits from a girl than some gay pink pental rain that Byakuya does. They both were trained by Yoruichi so I don't know who might be faster - and don't say that someone called Byakuya one of fastest or in the book the stats dosn't match, as long they didn't race each other while don't hiding any tricks we don't know who's faster.
As far as I know SoiFong had better character development than let's say Shunhei or Shunsui. She loved her captain and became obsessed with doing better job than her idol, we also see now her relationship with Omaeda.
Shunhei was saved by a captain and so he became a shinigami, then he was quite good in school but was saved by another captain from a hollow. Then we see him saying he doesn't like killing.
Shunsui is old and lazy guy that likes pretty girls and alcohol. He is so old that he is strong but most time he is lazy and likes pretty girls.
SoiFong was as much hurt by stupid jokes as Shunsui. She is in love in Yoruichi bwuhahahaha, while Shunsui is lazy and likes pretty girls bwuhahahahaha. It might be funny once but if you repeat that over and over, everything can become boring.
Old 2009-05-25, 04:53   Link #484
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenal View Post
No it means it is expected in all shonen Jump series.
It's still bad writing.

Quote:
Ulquiorra:"That brat's reiatsu starts fluctuating, when his reiatsu is low it's inconsequential. But when it's high, it's greater than mine."
Interesting. You don't think that was due to Ichigo's inner hollow? We were clearly told.

Ichigo didn't have one to fluctuate his reiatsu in his first fight with Renji. In this case Ishida likened Ichigos reiatsu to tap that was half on and a trigger like a menos grande cero or Renji's Shikai would open it up fully. There was never any mention of it fluctuating. Just that Ichigo didn't have control of it. It's not a Deus Ex Machina, but it is very convenient.

And his inner hollow had nothing to do with his second fight with Renji. That one was definately a Deus Ex Machina. Or Kenpachis fight but that wasn't a Deus Ex machina because he was using hollow powers to defeat him. But again, it is very convenient.

Nor was there anything to suggest it was to do with Grimmjows fight. He was in bankai the whole time, which controls his reiatsu for him. Perhaps a stronger control over his hollow? Again very convenient and at this point, EXTREMELY OVERUSED.

Ichigo's fight with Ulquiorra was also a Deus Ex machina. Not Ichigo truning into hollow but more the amount of power he gains from it. I mean he overpowered Ulquiorra far too easily. Also Ulquiorra's death may be a Deux Ex Machina but we don't know for sure. He might not be dead.

I'm not just talking about Ichigo's fights, though.
Aizens escape was a Deus Ex machina.
So was Mayuri's when up against Ishida.
Ulquiorra deciding that they 'not worth being killed' was a Deus Ex Machina. As well as incredibly cliche. Well he was wrong big time wasn't he?!?!?!
Old 2009-05-25, 04:54   Link #485
ShinAkuma135
King of Beasts

Send a message via AIM to ShinAkuma135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolcik View Post
I'd rather die from two hits from a girl than some gay pink pental rain that Byakuya does. They both were trained by Yoruichi so I don't know who might be faster - and don't say that someone called Byakuya one of fastest or in the book the stats dosn't match, as long they didn't race each other while don't hiding any tricks we don't know who's faster.
As far as I know SoiFong had better character development than let's say Shunhei or Shunsui. She loved her captain and became obsessed with doing better job than her idol, we also see now her relationship with Omaeda.
Shunhei was saved by a captain and so he became a shinigami, then he was quite good in school but was saved by another captain from a hollow. Then we see him saying he doesn't like killing.
Shunsui is old and lazy guy that likes pretty girls and alcohol. He is so old that he is strong but most time he is lazy and likes pretty girls.
SoiFong was as much hurt by stupid jokes as Shunsui. She is in love in Yoruichi bwuhahahaha, while Shunsui is lazy and likes pretty girls bwuhahahahaha. It might be funny once but if you repeat that over and over, everything can become boring.

thats true....i'd rather be stabbed by the bee. i mean ok the girl doesn't have big boobs but her shikai is pretty much a dil......um......dill pickle?....anywhos its definitely better than being beaten via flower power.

shunsui is just awesome...
Old 2009-05-25, 05:56   Link #486
Wolcik

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinAkuma135 View Post
thats true....i'd rather be stabbed by the bee. i mean ok the girl doesn't have big boobs but her shikai is pretty much a dil......um......dill pickle?....anywhos its definitely better than being beaten via flower power.

shunsui is just awesome...
Shunsui XD Well, he's lazy and like pretty girls and booze - what other character development can he have? You can be lazy and a pedophile (not really) and be espada priemera.
Old 2009-05-25, 06:14   Link #487
Anubis3200
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays View Post
How can you seriously say that? Soifong has got to be in the bottom tier of under developed characters; not only that but she's just a boring and plain one dimensional character. Perhaps I am being a bit too hard on her, but she's done nothing to deserve the amount of attention that she gets from this dillusional fanbase that Bleach has.
I wonder how could she develop much when it is the first time in whole manga when she got a spotlight And now when she can develop and show who she really is, you are complaining
It would be different story if we saw her every second chapter as Hitsugaya... actually Hitsugaya seems not being developed at all
Still same grumpy kid... now with new technique... actually with full bag of them...

Besides her fight with Yoruichi did have impact on her. She is not so cold anymore. If to take anime as example and Amagai arc, Ichigo would be dead by now since she definetly wouldn't care about him and most importantly she wouldn't doubt orders as she did then. This time she seemed to be the only one to doubt things. Isn't that a big improvement?

Just remeber her words in SS arc "I don't care what is right or wrong, I kill enemy. That is all there is to it"

Quote:
Honestly, it's difficult to find someone with a shikai as cool as Byakuya's, I'd say it's probably my favorite one in the entire manga, along with him being one of my few favorite characters, but still, it's boring. Not only is it boring, but add that together with her boring personality, and it just please, bring some pillows!
I wonder how you can fave one character but hate another when Byakuya and Soi Fon are almost indentical:
1)Both about the same age.
2)Both funny and cute while being young. And they still have their moments.
3)Loyal
4)Mean(cold), but at the same time kind in their own way.

Yeh they have slight differences but still not so big! Besides I wouldn't say that Byakuya has developed as well, he simply doesn't obey rules so much, same thing as with Soi Fon.

And once again you are talking about it looks. Matsumoto's shikai has exactly the same power, only difference is that it changes into send instead of beatiful flowers.
I like Senbonzakura but I would call it a lazy shikai The only thing you do is standing and watching while Soi Fon uses her real abiities in order to make her shikai work and that is what makes her and shikai impressive.

Besides how fancy do you imagine an instant kill to look? 0_o She does leave nice butterfly tattos(Yoruichi really should have kept the one on her face) and second kill also looks interesting...

And to be fare... I find Zangetsu far more boring

Quote:
I have a lot of hate for Shiro-chan; to he's the epitomy of this chibi obsession that Japan has which I will never understand. For the life of me, I cannot stand that, and I've said many times that my favorite moment in Bleach was when Aizen PWND the living day lights out of Shiro-chan, gave me quite the chuckle.
Well at least somewhere we agree
Anyway it is your right not to like character.

I mean look at Hitsugaya! He is the most popular character but at the same time he has so many haters!
Old 2009-05-25, 06:47   Link #488
Ganshou-dono
so hungry...

Send a message via ICQ to Ganshou-dono
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis3200 View Post
I wonder how you can fave one character but hate another when Byakuya and Soi Fon are almost indentical:
1)Both about the same age.
2)Both funny and cute while being young. And they still have their moments.
3)Loyal
4)Mean(cold), but at the same time kind in their own way.

Yeh they have slight differences but still not so big! Besides I wouldn't say that Byakuya has developed as well, he simply doesn't obey rules so much, same thing as with Soi Fon.

And once again you are talking about it looks. Matsumoto's shikai has exactly the same power, only difference is that it changes into send instead of beatiful flowers.
I like Senbonzakura but I would call it a lazy shikai The only thing you do is standing and watching while Soi Fon uses her real abiities in order to make her shikai work and that is what makes her and shikai impressive.

And to be fare... I find Zangetsu far more boring
yeah they are quite similar...that's probably why I like them both so very much

about senbonzakura...I think it suits byakuya increadibly well...lazy or not...it just suits his cool arrogance

and Zangetsu might look more interesting if ichigo would care about talking to him and learning a new technique...but that's probably something beyond of what ichigo can do...and if you would like to imply that he can't cuz his hollow is there then he should talk to his hollow then...also it shouldn't be impossible for his hollow to "summon" zangetsu just as he summoned his hollow during zaraki's fight with ichigo (if I remember correctly)
Old 2009-05-25, 06:58   Link #489
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganshou-dono View Post

about senbonzakura...I think it suits byakuya increadibly well...lazy or not...it just suits his cool arrogance

and Zangetsu might look more interesting if ichigo would care about talking to him and learning a new technique...but that's probably something beyond of what ichigo can do...and if you would like to imply that he can't cuz his hollow is there then he should talk to his hollow then...also it shouldn't be impossible for his hollow to "summon" zangetsu just as he summoned his hollow during zaraki's fight with ichigo (if I remember correctly)
Yep they sure are I like Byakuya a little bit less, but still find him interesting... and I have to admit that Soi Fon/Byakuya is one of my fave crack pairs

It does suit, but still it is lazy type Even Hitsugaya has to put more effort

Maybe it could be more interesting but at the moment there is nothing special about it Getsuga is overused and now it looks useless. Grimmjow got direct hit and only got a scratch
His bankai gives him speed, but now almost everyone can catch up with him...

Zangetsu needs different user...
Old 2009-05-25, 07:01   Link #490
Wolcik

Quote:

Well, Hichigo recently told Ichigo that Zangetsu is him... So we won't see this cool dude anymore since Ichigo is more into his evil side now instead of polishing what Shinigami side gave him.
Old 2009-05-25, 07:20   Link #491
kitten320

Quote:
Well, Hichigo recently told Ichigo that Zangetsu is him... So we won't see this cool dude anymore since Ichigo is more into his evil side now instead of polishing what Shinigami side gave him.
Then he better explain how the hell his hollow became that strong and why they are not dead right now
Old 2009-05-25, 07:20   Link #492
Ganshou-dono
so hungry...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Yep they sure are I like Byakuya a little bit less, but still find him interesting... and I have to admit that Soi Fon/Byakuya is one of my fave crack pairs

It does suit, but still it is lazy type Even Hitsugaya has to put more effort

Maybe it could be more interesting but at the moment there is nothing special about it Getsuga is overused and now it looks useless. Grimmjow got direct hit and only got a scratch
His bankai gives him speed, but now almost everyone can catch up with him...

Zangetsu needs different user...
your ban-thing over?

yeah I know what do you mean...but that's just what is awesome...just stand there and let the pink stuff take care of the rest

yup it looks useless...that's a fact... I guess he has it so he wouldn't have just four moves of doom

but I just didn't get why his speed droped so badly...I mean he never used that super uber speedy move he used on byakuya anymore...with his mask it should be even more super and even more uber and even more speedy move then before

Quote:
I hope hichigo lied
but ichigo should put himself back together...cuz if he continue to become more and more hollow like then we'll enjoy orihime's "kurosaki-kun" thing even more frequently...dunno how about you but I wouldn't like that one bit...
Old 2009-05-25, 07:27   Link #493
kitten320

Quote:
your ban-thing over?

yeah I know what do you mean...but that's just what is awesome...just stand there and let the pink stuff take care of the rest

yup it looks useless...that's a fact... I guess he has it so he wouldn't have just four moves of doom

but I just didn't get why his speed droped so badly...I mean he never used that super uber speedy move he used on byakuya anymore...with his mask it should be even more super and even more uber and even more speedy move then before
Yep I'm finally back

Yeh that's true, I wouldn't mind lying on my back while some flowers cuts my enemy
I think all other shinigami are very jealouse, espacially Shunsui But who knows... maybe his bankai is even more lazy

Have no idea! Or he forgot how to run or everyone had running lessons... I really wouldn't be suprised if Aizen made all Espada run early in the morning

Quote:
I hope hichigo lied
but ichigo should put himself back together...cuz if he continue to become more and more hollow like then we'll enjoy orihime's "kurosaki-kun" thing even more frequently...dunno how about you but I wouldn't like that one bit...
In that case IchiHime sure will be canon since he will have to drag her everywhere with himself

Just imagine the picture:
Ichigo: Orihime! Voice!
Orihime: KUROSAKI-KUN! SAVE ME KUROSAKI-KUN!
BAM! Everyone gets owned!
Ichigo: Good girl, here is the cookie for you

Last edited by kitten320; 2009-05-25 at 08:17.
Old 2009-05-25, 07:50   Link #494
Wolcik

Why Pink? Those blades could be more blade like and reflect blue or grey or even metal like light, yet they are pink...
Old 2009-05-25, 07:56   Link #495
kitten320

Quote:
Why Pink? Those blades could be more blade like and reflect blue or grey or even metal like light, yet they are pink...
Well he is all noble and stuff... besides have you aver seen blue sakura?
Old 2009-05-25, 08:05   Link #496
Ganshou-dono
so hungry...

Quote:
Yep I'm finally back

Yeh that's true, I wouldn't mind lying on my back while some flowers cuts my enemy
I think all other shinigami are very jealouse, espacially Shunsui But who knows... amybe his bankai is even more lazy

Have no idea! Or he forgot how to run or everyone had running lessons... I really wouldn't be suprised if Aizen made all Espada run early in the morning
I totaly see stark's face as he runs and complains all the time...and that loli of his kicks him so he would keep up and wouldn't be last...otherwise...what kind of numero uno would he be?

did you see full metal panic fumoffu? as sagara sousuke trained those I-wouldn't-hurt-a-fly guys? and in one week he turned them into total psycho-killer-monsters? I can see aizen doing the same to espada I bet espada didn't even like killing at all in the begining...and then...aizen showed up.........

Quote:
In that case IchiHime sure will be canon since he will have to drag her everywhere with himself

Just imagine the picture:
Ichigo: Orihime! Voice!
Orihime: KUROSAKI-KUN! SAVE ME KUROSAKI-KUN!
BAM! Everyone gets owned!
Ichigo: Good girl, here is the cookie for you
lol...orihime as a secret killer technique

Quote:
cuz he has pink-like reiatsu? dunno...that's my guess...but I don't mind...it looks all flashy...matsumoto's zanpakutou has dark grey color...so maybe it resembled each other too much so kubo changed it to pink...well that's just another guess of course

Quote:
Well he is all noble and stuff... besides have you aver seen blue sakura?
Old 2009-05-25, 08:13   Link #497
kitten320

Quote:
I totaly see stark's face as he runs and complains all the time...and that loli of his kicks him so he would keep up and wouldn't be last...otherwise...what kind of numero uno would he be?

did you see full metal panic fumoffu? as sagara sousuke trained those I-wouldn't-hurt-a-fly guys? and in one week he turned them into total psycho-killer-monsters? I can see aizen doing the same to espada I bet espada didn't even like killing at all in the begining...and then...aizen showed up.........
Lol yeh she will be behind him and driving a car or rocket in order to catch up
Or she must be the fastest arrancar

Yeh I saw it, it was damn funny
Lol poor espada, Aizen changed them into monsters
Actually I really would like to see a picture like this, with all espada havin morning run with Aizen behind them

Quote:
lol...orihime as a secret killer technique
Ichigo: Don't move! I have a secret weapon and I'm not afraid to use it! -pulls out Orihime from behind him-
Everyone: Oh shit! Quick! Close her mouth!
Old 2009-05-25, 08:23   Link #498
Wolcik

Quote:

Actually I really would like to see a picture like this, with all espada havin morning run with Aizen behind them
Like them being hollow which means monsters wouldn't be enough.
Starks looks like a guy that is too lazy to go and eat when he's hungry, and he's nr1.

Quote:
Ichigo: Don't move! I have a secret weapon and I'm not afraid to use it! -pulls out Orihime from behind him-
Ichigo has a strange fetish. Everyonelse is annoyed by how Inoue keeps on her "Kurosaki-kun" and he loves it... If they are so close friends then why she's using his last name - that leaves too much for imagination of his perverted dad...
Well, Kubo himself has a fetish and annoying things makes him laught - Matsumoto, Omaeda and others by being annoying to others are making only humor scenes - which might imply what kind of person Kubo really is...
Old 2009-05-25, 08:29   Link #499
Ganshou-dono
so hungry...

Quote:

yeah! totaly such picture would be so awesome aizen in shunpo-car thing behind them all like "hey stark! what that's suppose to be? ya call that running?" and I can see gin there as well all like "ya mean aizen-taichou ya know that?"

Quote:
come to think of it...orihime has super bankai...it's name is "tensa Kurosaki-kun"

Quote:
Like them being hollow which means monsters wouldn't be enough.
Starks looks like a guy that is too lazy to go and eat when he's hungry, and he's nr1.
yeah I think he is too lazy to eat...that is why he has his loli-maiden

Quote:
Ichigo has a strange fetish. Everyonelse is annoyed by how Inoue keeps on her "Kurosaki-kun" and he loves it... If they are so close friends then why she's using his last name - that leaves too much for imagination of his perverted dad...
Well, Kubo himself has a fetish and annoying things makes him laught - Matsumoto, Omaeda and others by being annoying to others are making only humor scenes - which might imply what kind of person Kubo really is...
dunno if he loves it cuz he always looks surprised when he hears orihime sceaming "kurosaki-kun"
Old 2009-05-25, 08:34   Link #500
kitten320

Quote:
yeah! totaly such picture would be so awesome aizen in shunpo-car thing behind them all like "hey stark! what that's suppose to be? ya call that running?" and I can see gin there as well all like "ya mean aizen-taichou ya know that?"
Lol yeh
And Gin could use his shunsou(hope spelled it right) in order to pick on espada from behind

Quote:
come to think of it...orihime has super bankai...it's name is "tensa Kurosaki-kun"
Lol so true! she doesn't even need a sword for that

Tags
weekly chapter discussion, manga