AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-05-29, 13:16   Link #3601
ani_d

Sorry. I'm totally a newbie on this but I hear my friends talk about this in their blogs. What is this game about? Kinda like Ragnarok? And which platform is this? Thanks.
Old 2009-05-29, 13:19   Link #3602
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Like Ragnarok? ... Well, from a certain point of view. You kill monsters and gain levels. There's a lot more quests in WoW though. And of course it looks vastly different.

As for platform, it's available on the PC and Mac.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-29, 14:35   Link #3603
Knight Hawk
Lurker

Quote:
What is this game about?
I would highly recommend reading the wiki entry and wowwiki for the massive lore. Good read, you won't be disappointed.

Quote:
Kinda like Ragnarok?
What Keroko said, but don't expect "thats soooooo kaawwwaaaii~!!!! dessuuuu!!1111" outfits you get from korean mmo's
Old 2009-05-29, 23:43   Link #3604
Xellos
There will be no miracle

Send a message via AIM to Xellos
A week after the rest of my group, but I can't complain.

Old 2009-05-31, 10:13   Link #3605
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Grats! Not sure if we'll get one, so hard to drum up interest in GOTR atm. But we'll see.
Old 2009-05-31, 12:26   Link #3606
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Grats Xellos! To get it that quick is impressive.

Wish I could do Ulduar 10. Haven't been in a group for it in 3 weeks. Although I'll finally get to see Yogg next week hopefully after the alt raid smashed Vezax after a few attempts. Mimiron is driving me up the wall though. I had 4 deaths in Phase two simply from receiving NO HEALS! I have the same hp as a whole bunch of other people yet I went unnoticed so many tmes. Not to mention nobody noticed me being Gripped to death by Kologarn, which denied what would have been a deathless 1-shot.

My paladin is now 72. Still encountering no real mana problems, especially now that I have Divine Plea. Divine Storm allows me to AoE pull with ease. I've found it the easiest class to level by a long shot.

And I am officially sick of The Ghostfish! It's been that as fishing daily for 10 of the last 14 days on Blackrock. It's a PvP magnet with no end...Sure, I come off alive most of the time, but such a waste of time considering the crappy rate on that damn thing.
Old 2009-06-01, 04:20   Link #3607
Clarste
Human

Spoiler for Does anyone really care about my guild's experiences?:

On the topic of leveling a pally, I get the feeling that everyone who recommends prot over ret hasn't leveled a pally recently. There've been so many changes to both recently, so the old wisdom isn't quite applicable.

Ret gets so much mana back from Judgments of the Wise, both the flat mana + Replenishment. They get good AoE with Divine Storm and still have Consecrate if you need it. Plus they run 15% faster. They're energizer bunnies that can pull three mobs at a time and keep on going without stopping.

Prot is the one with mana problems. Yeah, if you somehow manage to pull 8+ mobs you can get tons of mana from Blessing of Sanctuary, but the vast majority of places that's impossible or is more trouble than it's worth. I tend to find that by the time you get to the 4th, the 1st is almost out of range and will start running back. Plus, until you get full defense gear (not easy while leveling) you're vulnerable to daze which completely kills any hope of aoe pulling. At only 3-4, you barely get enough mana to kill them, although you're certainly not in danger of dying. It gets a bit better after 71 when you get perma-Divine Plea, but even that's not enough to keep you going when mobs are spread out.

Not to mention the prevalence of quests with goals other than killing lots of mobs. Quests that ask you to loot boxes or kill named mobs are so much easier when you can just run to them are smack them in the face with a 2-hander. Prot is extremely inefficient at killing single enemies, which is often what you're forced to do, either through quest design or simply getting dazed early. It does get better after you reach 75 and train Shield of Righteousness, which a fairly cheap single target big hit.

All that said, I leveled prot from 71+, mostly so I could get groups and solo elite mobs (always satisfying). It was certainly a step down from ret in leveling speed though.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-01, 08:30   Link #3608
Komori
D:

Does it really matter? Some anime fans and similar enjoy WoW, and the thread is on its 181st page so obviously the moderations don't care. That should be enough for you not to ask such a question in this thread.
Komori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-01, 19:59   Link #3609
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Spoiler for Does anyone really care about my guild's experiences?:

On the topic of leveling a pally, I get the feeling that everyone who recommends prot over ret hasn't leveled a pally recently. There've been so many changes to both recently, so the old wisdom isn't quite applicable.

Ret gets so much mana back from Judgments of the Wise, both the flat mana + Replenishment. They get good AoE with Divine Storm and still have Consecrate if you need it. Plus they run 15% faster. They're energizer bunnies that can pull three mobs at a time and keep on going without stopping.

Prot is the one with mana problems. Yeah, if you somehow manage to pull 8+ mobs you can get tons of mana from Blessing of Sanctuary, but the vast majority of places that's impossible or is more trouble than it's worth. I tend to find that by the time you get to the 4th, the 1st is almost out of range and will start running back. Plus, until you get full defense gear (not easy while leveling) you're vulnerable to daze which completely kills any hope of aoe pulling. At only 3-4, you barely get enough mana to kill them, although you're certainly not in danger of dying. It gets a bit better after 71 when you get perma-Divine Plea, but even that's not enough to keep you going when mobs are spread out.

Not to mention the prevalence of quests with goals other than killing lots of mobs. Quests that ask you to loot boxes or kill named mobs are so much easier when you can just run to them are smack them in the face with a 2-hander. Prot is extremely inefficient at killing single enemies, which is often what you're forced to do, either through quest design or simply getting dazed early. It does get better after you reach 75 and train Shield of Righteousness, which a fairly cheap single target big hit.

All that said, I leveled prot from 71+, mostly so I could get groups and solo elite mobs (always satisfying). It was certainly a step down from ret in leveling speed though.
Agreed. Judgement of the Wise and Divine Plea mean I only have to eat an Underspore Frond about once every half an hour. Consecrate is the only real mana leech. I can handle 3-4 mobs easy, 5+ I need to pop a few things. The solo capability is awesome. Smashed Harold Lane, smashed the pirate and the bear in the pirate cave. As for instancing, I'm only drinking after some boss fights or a major AoE pack. Just so little downtime. Everything else I've levelled has considerably more downtime.

So the word is the Argent Colosseum is the new 5, 10 and 25 deal for 3.2?
Old 2009-06-02, 04:35   Link #3610
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Argent Colosseum in 3.2 sounds like some type of battleground, but will likely use the jousting rules or some such thing. Or a weird form of Arena play.
Old 2009-06-02, 05:56   Link #3611
Clarste
Human

The Argent Colosseum has been specifically said to be a 10 and 25 man dungeon, and to drop PvE gear equivalent to the next season of PvP gear. Which means it's a raid instance, and the next tier after Ulduar. Apparently structured like the Ring Of Blood quests, in that you talk to some person in order to activate the next boss, which are all fought in the same room. Likely there will be lots of adds that simulate trash, a la Thorim.

What remains to be seen is how big it is. It could be just another OS or VoA sized raid with some bigger raid somewhere else. Or it could be a dozen or more bosses and comprise the entirety of the raiding content between Ulduar and Icecrown Citadel.

Presumably the 5 man version is the new Magister's Terrace, in that it'll be slightly higher level than the previous 5 man dungeons.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-02, 06:39   Link #3612
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Apparently structured like the Ring Of Blood quests, in that you talk to some person in order to activate the next boss, which are all fought in the same room.
I've quit this game but still have to say, this feels like such a total copout it's pathetic. I hope it's just a single or a few fights and they don't try to bill it as the next major raid instance because that would be sad. With all the streamlining the game has already seen though, Blizzard creating a one-room raid really fits. So many other possibilities (Azjol-Nerub is too big to have nothing more than 2 of the smallest instances in game) and they go with a colosseum. I obviously don't know how it will turn out and it may somehow end up being good but the concept doesn't impress me, at all.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-02, 06:50   Link #3613
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

*raises hand* Didn't Blizzard already create a one-room raid in Wintergrasp and the sanctums? And it's fun, right? So there's really nothing to complain about here, is there?
Old 2009-06-02, 07:04   Link #3614
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
*raises hand* Didn't Blizzard already create a one-room raid in Wintergrasp and the sanctums? And it's fun, right? So there's really nothing to complain about here, is there?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing
I hope it's just a single or a few fights and they don't try to bill it as the next major raid instance because that would be sad.
See what I did there? You'd better believe people would have complained if all 14 bosses in Ulduar had been in a single room.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-02, 07:08   Link #3615
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Ooooh I see what you mean. Sorry about that, looks like I didn't read well enough.
Old 2009-06-02, 11:28   Link #3616
Xacual

I'm willing to give Blizzard the benefit of the doubt on the Colosseum. So far Ulduar has been awesome, and I enjoyed Eye of Eternity and Sartharion. So if they make it like Ring of Blood or Ring of Anquish but with really amazing complex boss fights like they've done for some bosses in Ulduar, the instance will be really amazing. Plus since its in a Colosseum I can see them using some really interesting ideas for the fights. Maybe npcs will come out and change the terrain and add stuff to it between boss fights, stuff like that.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-02, 13:47   Link #3617
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

That or due to all the "jacked" materials the goblins are having us get, we got a lot more than we bargined for. Perhaps the raid starts in the Colossem and then takes you deep under Icecrown due to invasion like the Violet Hold and all those weird quests about Arthus' heart.

Or more Dragon stuff as we've kind of been stealing from the Green Dragons to build this place. The Titans shouldn't miss loose stones, though they might have some power. There are all those other rooms under the Tower that houses Sartharion as well.
Old 2009-06-02, 14:16   Link #3618
Xacual

I honestly doubt we'll get any thing in depth with the Green Dragonflight. Considering the majority of their flight isn't even in the world as is and in the Emerald Dream. Maybe some Bronze Dragons / Infinite Flight though, building on the quest from Chromie in Dragonblight.

Also Tauren Cat forms are out. They look quite a bit better then the new bear forms in my opinion.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-02, 14:59   Link #3619
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Green Dragonflight is going to be saved for the inevitable Emerald Dream expansion, obviously.

Hmm, Tauren kitty forms are very hit or miss. Guess I'll have to keep my breath, playing a night elf and all.
Old 2009-06-02, 15:42   Link #3620
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Furry leather?

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows