AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Regios

Notices

View Poll Results: Regios - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 23 39.66%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 29.31%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 17.24%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 8.62%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.72%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.72%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.72%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-01, 04:41   Link #81
black_cat1

Quote:
If such a fight would be possible then it wouldn't be even a fight
True, it is a massacre not a fight
Old 2009-06-01, 04:44   Link #82
ipernorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_cat1 View Post
True, it is a massacre not a fight
Well it could always turn out that Layfon, with the psyharden powerup, will defeat Greandan because kiddos will scream "Layfon sugoiiiii" and will run buying the dvds...
I was talking from a logical POV before, but commercial POV can even be opposite to the logical one...
Old 2009-06-01, 04:57   Link #83
blewin

I doubt Grendan will massacre Zuellni, since no one in Zuellni is powerful enough to oppose the Queen and her Heaven Blades. About this episode though, it was a surprised for me in how the intercity match got cancelled because of Grendan. I'm also impressed with how Haia vs Layfon fight was intense enough for almost everyone in Zuellni to feel it (though the fight itself is less impressive since the fight mainly has to do with Kei rather than body movements).

Finally, the long-awaited Leerin and Layfon reunion. lol, Fon Fon couldn't Believe that it really was her!

but as to what the Queen's gonna do when she gets to Zuellni is another mystery. Three more episodes left!

Chrome Shelled Regios
Old 2009-06-01, 06:10   Link #84
Bordix

Never would have though Haia would put up a fight like that. I thought the guy would get 1 hit- like their previous fight. Overall Average fight, it was too "flashy" for me.

Next episode would be interesting. Hopefully grendan vs Zuellini, that would be a massacre
Old 2009-06-01, 06:35   Link #85
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

My god. Grendan was basically building up its legend for exactly 21 episodes now (lol) and it just charging at the other cities was pretty intimidating. Haven't really felt that kind of tension in an anime in a while.

Well, they DID build it up for 20+ episodes.
Old 2009-06-01, 07:05   Link #86
Ultramarinus
Disputatio exaro nex

So did Czellni and Myath fight it out in the novels? I read the LN thread but I think I missed that part.

I couldn't really get Haia's motivation there, did his father really expect that much from him? It hadn't looked like that, I guess it was Haia's imagination? Anyways, not that I liked him anyway. I still hope the masked guy (forgot his name again, doh) will be a recurring character in the future, among the most sensible people in the story and doesn't have immature attitude problems.

The fight was at times cool yet went into DBZ zone a bit too much at times but I guess that was to be expected with what we had seen on the OP.

Felli caused Layfon to get hurt like that and still not an apology after trying to hug him and hurt him again. Jeez, such an embodiment of all things I hate.

As for Nina & Felli's reactions to Leerin, Nina was concerned because she knew her and what happened earlier, that's a given. Felli OTOH, is concerned because another rival arrives just before she could complete a hug. So she couldn't recreate 'the hug' just because of her "Fonfon' shout, talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

On to Grendan arrival: Cities move quite fast, I think it's normal for it to catch up this soon. We don't really know the fairies' motivations to move around but I would speculate that there's a further reason to Grendan's arrival. They won't fight against the city, but they may have come to retrieve the haikizoku without delay or their fairy sensed something else. Also Czellni sensed that and didn't feel the need to retreat like Myath. And maybe Myath pulled back because it acknowledges thir need to meet. I think they consciously or sub-consciously have a good feel of where they need to be at a certain time, unless they're distracted or affected by outside factors like we saw with Czellni earlier.
Old 2009-06-01, 07:29   Link #87
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Because so far we have seen so few mature people...Fermaus one of them. Other's Dixerio, but he's well...eccentric and arrogant(or at least mysterious). And Savaris is only 26(a young man...and sadistic) and the Queen is a mysterious figure again. So Fermaus the only normal mature character so far...
In the LN the intercity fight happened and i think after Grendan it may happens(maybe at the start of S2)
About Grendan's speed...maybe it's the Queen's doing. She made the spirit hurry or she may even used her mighty Kei powers(we know well that her hands misses Leerin)
Old 2009-06-01, 07:39   Link #88
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

Loved the ending to this ep. Nina and Felli just standing there in shock of Leerin's slap!

Another one has entered the playing field...by the way, what happend to Meifen?

I don't know why people are saying Haia is on par with Layfon...first off Layfon STILL isn't using his natrual weapon (Katana) and he utterly defeated Haia when he got serious.

I'm waiting for the moment he gets that new Dite...It will be EPIC!

Last edited by Tyrone Biggums; 2009-06-01 at 08:19.
Old 2009-06-01, 07:40   Link #89
Ultramarinus
Disputatio exaro nex

Doh, they missed such a good opportunity for action in an action-oriented series then. Myath battle would be a good thing to have also for concluding loose plot threads like Nina's desire to win the next city battle. They should have done 26 episodes instead of 24.

Ah right, Fermaus. I do hope that there will be at least as sensible people among the HB receivers, maybe those old timers or something.
Old 2009-06-01, 11:09   Link #90
black_cat1

The queen sent Savaris to retrieve the Haikizouku so I dont think this is the reason for Grendan to come here.
Spoiler for reason:
Old 2009-06-01, 12:47   Link #91
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

They need to make a second season...
Old 2009-06-01, 16:29   Link #92
Pradelus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordix View Post
Never would have though Haia would put up a fight like that. I thought the guy would get 1 hit- like their previous fight. Overall Average fight, it was too "flashy" for me.
Agreed. But in a way, he could of been, both Haia with Psyharden skills and his "new" ones if Layfon hadn't of held himself back.

"You are the bad guy, and not me."
Ouch. I was NOT expecting him to say that. Either way, badass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordix View Post
Next episode would be interesting. Hopefully grendan vs Zuellini, that would be a massacre
Poor Zuellini.
Old 2009-06-01, 17:13   Link #93
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

seriously? no discussion on how completely moronic and ignorant Felli was this ep? are the fanboy goggles on that tightly?
Old 2009-06-01, 17:33   Link #94
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Was that such a big point within the episode? Somehow, I didn't get that impression, myself...

Old 2009-06-01, 17:54   Link #95
noxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
No...he has strong will to protect(himself and the ones close to him), and win. He hates to lose and that's the reason he beated the 16th platoon in the last minute(at ep 2).
He trained because that was the only option for him. He did what they asked him to do. That's really nothing compared to a typical military artists motivation to become stronger(not to mention Nina, Haia, Gorneo or even Din Dee)
so what does that say for every martial artist who at one time was pretty much just a soldier and learned what they learned cause
a) they were drafted
b) to protect the homestead
c) money
d) any numerous other reasons for the origins of martial arts other than the fairly historically recent large scale mainstream use of casual self improvement (and frankly within the histories of pretty much all but modern martial arts of the past century or so, the use of martial arts out of a pure motivation of self improvement was completely backseat to you being a soldier whose job was to get better so that you kill other ppl and don't get killed back. note, even the famed shaolin monks' original reason for adopting martial arts into their lives was to defend their temples. the finessing of it into their philosophy came after.)

that doesn't change the fact that the claim Layfon didn't train hard to reach where he is currently is completely false. we've SEEN otherwise. hell, he was put through his paces by other HB members.
no doubt he has tons of natural talent, such is life. When i was active in martial arts, there were ppl who started the same time as me and i acknowledge fully that some of them were probably just more gifted at the activity than i was. They still practiced for it. I could still beat someone with tons of talent who didn't train for crap.

same point here. Haia certainly trained hard. CURRENTLY, probably harder than Layfon (once again, in the past Layfon trained with the other HB members, its arguable if Haia went through something like that). But none of that negates Layfon's training. He still did it. Arguably he put in way MORE work than any of them (Haia, Nina, Din) did, at a far younger age. They're playing catch up.
Old 2009-06-01, 18:36   Link #96
Ultramarinus
Disputatio exaro nex

As I had told before in other threads, Layfon probably has something more than just natural talent. Or he has natural kei usage talent and capacity to such a degree that it cannot be merely called as talent. That's why he was picked to become a HB receiver at that age, to be among people who are mostly decades & a century older. It really doesn't look like just anyone could join them with simple hard work, being only a dozen. The group is by all means, creme de la creme. A 10 year-old being selected to join must be GODLY. Then they honed his skills through hard work, not before. See Lincense's training scenes.

There are people in Czellni who has been training as much as he did, (5 years) like Vance and the gap is still light years' wide. That also suggests that Layfon has some gift that cannot be achieved during one's life-time.

And germanturkey, I commented on that for one line but I never liked Felli to begin with, so probably doesn't count.
Old 2009-06-01, 19:01   Link #97
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Finally watched it. I liked this episode.

Who was the one to free Felli? Leerin? It doesn't seem to be Nina.

And does it follow the novel so far? With the battle against Grendan?
Old 2009-06-01, 19:22   Link #98
Pradelus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
The clash of Layfon and Haia unleashed a blast of power that.. unlocked and opened the door?
Old 2009-06-01, 19:39   Link #99
Arkard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Finally watched it. I liked this episode.

And does it follow the novel so far? With the battle against Grendan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pradelus View Post
The clash of Layfon and Haia unleashed a blast of power that.. unlocked and opened the door?

Yeah. Also, as many have noted, the door's bottom is full of dents from Felli's kicking. That couldn't have helped.
Old 2009-06-01, 20:04   Link #100
daimonth
Kohaku Law Firm

It skipped around alot and frankly ommitted alot of parts and changed alot of characters. One can probably say that it is following the light novel very loosely at this point. Though I suspect we can probably change that to not following it at all come next episode.

As for Haia's motivation for fighting Layfon, it was out of his own pride as a fighter as well as a way to prove himself. Layfon was the first heavens blade of their school, so naturally Haia's adopted father as well as mentor would be proud of the achievement. This however has the unfortunate effect of putting Haia in Layfon's shadow and even worse was the fact that since they are not in Grendan, Haia has no way to even compete. With the mercenary group set to disband after locating the Haikizoku, Haia felt the need to act. He wanted to defeat Layfon in order to prove his own abilities as well as quell the anxiety of losing the mercenary group, as that was the only life he knows. (In the novel he kidnaps Felli to make sure Layfon fought all out and also stipulates that Layfon has to use the katana.)

In the novel, the intercity match was fought and came to a conclusion. In fact, Layfon was seriously injured due to trying to help Zuellini win the match while fighting Haia and not because of Felli. (Though that did not stop the later from feeling responsible for the injury.) This combined with the fact that Layfon refused to get treated immediately even though his arm was a bloody mess was what prompted the slap.

Grendan did not show up till much later... after Leerin has arrived in Zuellini for several month.
Closed Thread