Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-06-07, 20:01   Link #781
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarakiss~ View Post
arawn's harem and in the end, he probably won't chose anyone and leave them hanging. u.u
Why would the man have to choose? They're all his wives/mistresses.
He's obviously allowed to keep them all.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-08, 00:24   Link #782
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

I have been wondering, is Arawn the best swordsman here? Or is it Octavia?
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-08, 00:31   Link #783
wnmnkh
Not that simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
I have been wondering, is Arawn the best swordsman here? Or is it Octavia?
Arawn is much more powerful than you think.... not just swordsmanship (I won't go further since rest of the story would be spoiler and against the rule.)
Old 2009-06-08, 00:34   Link #784
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnmnkh View Post
Arawn is much more powerful than you think.... not just swordsmanship (I won't go further since rest of the story would be spoiler and against the rule.)
I know, my friend told me some details as he played the game before. But I am just interested in his swordmanship. I don't know about others but up until now, I feel as if I haven't watched enough of his sword fights.
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-08, 00:59   Link #785
wnmnkh
Not that simple.

Well, IRCC even the game (I only played PC version) does not strictly say that Arawn's swordsmanship is the best.

But, thinking about his true identity (assuming you already know)....... well, even regarding the fact that he has lived for a very long time enough to develop his skills (if ever needed), Arawn's skills are far better than any other characters with exception of maybe the final boss.

And if we talk about only in Anime..... hey, Arawn easily defeated Arthur without sweat when Arthur challenged him with his full might (remember eariler episodes?), and since the anime shows us that the powers of Octavia and Arthur are about same, we can easily conclude that Arawn is currently the best.
Old 2009-06-08, 01:02   Link #786
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
I know, my friend told me some details as he played the game before. But I am just interested in his swordmanship. I don't know about others but up until now, I feel as if I haven't watched enough of his sword fights.
Well you also have to remember he's far from his peak being awoken too early with him and ogam both commenting on how he's a mere human now in strength. So if in his weak state he's an even match for everyone so far you can imagine what he was in his prime.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-08, 01:46   Link #787
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
i hope it's a arthur x octavia down the road *waves the arthur x octavia flag* it's startin' to get repetitive of arawn's harem and in the end, he probably won't chose anyone and leave them hanging. u.u
In Tears to Tiara polygamy is ok. Just take my word for it.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-08, 01:59   Link #788
kittybear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashlotte View Post
Well you also have to remember he's far from his peak being awoken too early with him and ogam both commenting on how he's a mere human now in strength. So if in his weak state he's an even match for everyone so far you can imagine what he was in his prime.
I guess the ideal one man army
kittybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-08, 03:02   Link #789
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
In Tears to Tiara polygamy is ok. Just take my word for it.
So would anyone who commands a fucking army.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-08, 05:00   Link #790
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Spoiler for Ep10 impression::

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2009-06-08 at 12:34. Reason: Please put screenshots under spoiler tags too
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-08, 05:18   Link #791
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler tags please Hypernova for your episode 10 impressions. A lot of people here (including myself) don't want to be spoiled.
Old 2009-06-08, 05:25   Link #792
KeroFaria

Send a message via MSN to KeroFaria Send a message via Yahoo to KeroFaria
Quote:
i hope it's a arthur x octavia down the road *waves the arthur x octavia flag* it's startin' to get repetitive of arawn's harem and in the end, he probably won't chose anyone and leave them hanging. u.u

I wasn't exactly an arthur x octavia fan, but now I think it isn't such a bad idea. I mean, he can have a girl too, right? It's not fair that Awran gets all the ladies Hehehe...

It's good to see that Octavia isn't like the other girls (Awran's wives). But at this point, I think Arthur & Octavia might get along well rather as friends. Not sure though what will happen next
KeroFaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-08, 05:53   Link #793
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
Spoiler for Ep10 impression:

Spoiler for episode 10:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2009-06-08 at 12:34. Reason: added spoiler tags for consistency
clarakiss~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-08, 07:13   Link #794
eiyuu99

Arawn's method in getting some of his wives...Luck/Misfortune of the Maou?
eiyuu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-08, 08:36   Link #795
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Arawn is a lucky man, his wives are all good and beautiful women who don't mind sharing their man.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-08, 09:50   Link #796
AnimePhantom
The Phantom of Anime

So far I have really enjoyed Tears to Tiara, it's a fun anime with a lot of action and a fun little story thrown in, definatly one of my favorites of 2009 so far. I have only caught the first 3 episodes and plan on catching up over the next few days, hopefully this anime continues to impress me with it's fun characters and story. I thought the episode where Morgan joins the party was kind of funny, now Arawn has two lovely ladies to share his time with, lol do I suspect a little harem? I loved the first episode for it's basis for kicking off the story, the kidnapping and the ressurection of Arawn was a great way go get things going, and the escape in the 2nd episode definatly added some awesome action to the mix, the only thing I found odd is how early on Arthur didn't want to accept Arawn as his leader and now all of a sudden in the 3rd episode he is basicly bowing down to him, lol. Oh well, I guess he had a change of heart somewhere in there, maybe it's for the best since Ogam and Arawn seem to think he's going to be an important individual in time, plus since he has sworn to protect his sister I guess the least he can do is not try to kill her husband.........
AnimePhantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-08, 09:58   Link #797
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimePhantom View Post
So far I have really enjoyed Tears to Tiara, it's a fun anime with a lot of action and a fun little story thrown in, definatly one of my favorites of 2009 so far. I have only caught the first 3 episodes and plan on catching up over the next few days, hopefully this anime continues to impress me with it's fun characters and story. I thought the episode where Morgan joins the party was kind of funny, now Arawn has two lovely ladies to share his time with, lol do I suspect a little harem? I loved the first episode for it's basis for kicking off the story, the kidnapping and the ressurection of Arawn was a great way go get things going, and the escape in the 2nd episode definatly added some awesome action to the mix, the only thing I found odd is how early on Arthur didn't want to accept Arawn as his leader and now all of a sudden in the 3rd episode he is basicly bowing down to him, lol. Oh well, I guess he had a change of heart somewhere in there, maybe it's for the best since Ogam and Arawn seem to think he's going to be an important individual in time, plus since he has sworn to protect his sister I guess the least he can do is not try to kill her husband.........
This was answered actually. As you know the gael tribe is all about following tradition and law and the law states that whomever the red scarf rhiannon gives in terms of marriage will be the head chief. No matter how much Arthur would of protested to the terms off course tradition is tradition, but off course eventually he grew to like Arawn and respect him not because of the scarf.
Old 2009-06-08, 10:03   Link #798
AnimePhantom
The Phantom of Anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
This was answered actually. As you know the gael tribe is all about following tradition and law and the law states that whomever the red scarf rhiannon gives in terms of marriage will be the head chief. No matter how much Arthur would of protested to the terms off course tradition is tradition, but off course eventually he grew to like Arawn and respect him not because of the scarf.
Ah, I forgot about that scene where Rhiannon gave Arawn her scarf, thanks for reminding me! I can tell Arawn and Arthur are definatly getting to like and respect eachother just by the last episode I watched, so it's good to see a little mutual respect between the two. Hopefully it continues, lol. I am looking foward to watching episodes 4-8 soon, maybe on my day off tommorrow.........
AnimePhantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-08, 10:05   Link #799
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

Arawn has a huge harem now... and soon to grow larger. But I'm kind of disappointed to see how the interactions between the harem girls and Arawn is little to none.

Riannon probalby has had more than the others, but Arawn doesn't seem to care much for her. Morgan is a complete no go, she doesn't even look like she cares about Arawn. Mermaid girl has disappeared from the show entirely, same goes for the elven girls.

Octavia.... I don't see it happening, without some sort of deus ex machina. Actually, ep 10 was pretty corny for the most part. I still don't get how she could switch her allegiance on the basis that the Gael tribe shares her thoughts and values.

Otaku in Japan Daily Blog - [URL="www.ninjapan.org[/URL]
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-08, 10:38   Link #800
musicalcroc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylphic View Post
Octavia.... I don't see it happening, without some sort of deus ex machina. Actually, ep 10 was pretty corny for the most part. I still don't get how she could switch her allegiance on the basis that the Gael tribe shares her thoughts and values.
Why not? She is practically treated as a fugitive after discovering the dirty secret of the Empire (collecting corpse). Thus in a way, she is betrayed by the Empire whom she serves with devotion. I think she has already doubted the Imperial method for a while as shown in the incident with her superior. That she discovered the corpse and got tied up in a crate is just the straw breaking the camel's back. So why should she not stay with the people who acknowledge her talents and treat her honorably?
musicalcroc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquaplus, eroge, fantasy, leaf, rpg, seinen, white fox