Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-08, 21:13   Link #1
DaTrickster

Need an anime to rekindle my passion

Hello everyone,
I really need some help here. I used to be such a huge fan of anime I have watched soooo many animes it would be impossible to list them all. The truth is that I just cant find anything that keeps me hooked anymore. I need someone to suggest an anime to me that is currently airing or has aired in the last year or so that is really good. The most recent anime I have watched was soul eater and I really liked that but I am up for anything. Alright thanx.
Old 2009-06-08, 21:48   Link #2
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Well, for such an open-ended request with no hint of your tastes, I can only fall back on my personal holy grail of anime - Seirei no Moribito. If you wanted something a bit less cerebral and a bit more frenetic, Gurren-Laggan.
Old 2009-06-08, 22:05   Link #3
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Clannad and Clannad: After Story (Second Season) is the anime of the year for me considering it ended earlier this year. It's comedy/romance/school life/tragedy so I'm not sure if it's your taste but it'll have you hooked.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-06-09, 05:19   Link #4
ddwkc
Lone Wolf

Send a message via MSN to ddwkc
Tell us what animes fired your light in the first place and your top 10 favorites, so we can have a better idea of your taste. How many anime have you watched approximately? Some people will say 100 ~ 200 and think it's all to anime when in reality this amount is only the very tip of the iceberg (If you reply 1000+ I will shut up about it thou).

From this year, try Eden of the East, Cross Game, or K-ON!. From the last year, try Casshern Sins, Detroit Metal City, Kaiba, Kannagi, Nabari no Oh, One Outs, Natsume Yujincho, Skip Beat!, or Tentai Senshi Sunred. Maybe one of these animes will rekindle your passion for anime.

If none of these works, try something old school like Legend of the Galactic Heroes. It's long and truly epic.
Eo tempore mortem cognovi
Old 2009-06-09, 09:05   Link #5
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
I'm just going to say Gurren Lagann for the heck of it. I haven't finished it yet but I've never seen an anime that was just so much bloody fun to watch.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
Old 2009-06-09, 09:12   Link #6
Westlo
Lets be reality

If you liked Soul Eater than try Gurren Lagann and/or Basquash!
Old 2009-06-09, 10:15   Link #7
Troilism

Try
Mazinkaiser
New Getter Robo
Neo getter vs shin getter
getter robo Armageddon

All extremely epic and enjoyable.
Old 2009-06-09, 10:21   Link #8
DaTrickster

Thank you everyone!

Thanks to everyone that replied, I will be sure to check out all the animes everyone suggested. The reason I was so vague was because I really like every genre. From the heart wrenching dramas like Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien and Gankutsuoh to comedies like school rumble, green green, Full metal panic Fumofu, and of course action titles like naruto and berserk.

I mean I've watched like every anime on the top 200 list at animenfo.com but ever since I got into college, I just cant get into it anymore

Here is a little history about my anime viewing history for anyone that is interested. It all started when I was a lil kid in middle school with a little title called dragonball z. When I was like in the 8th grade and dragon ball z was losing appeal to me, I found this site and downloaded an anime called naruto and wolf's rain. After that, I was in anime heaven all through high school.

Ohh and I have already watched Gurren Lagaan. It kicked ass.
Old 2009-06-09, 20:06   Link #9
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTrickster View Post
I mean I've watched like every anime on the top 200 list at animenfo.com
That list looks pretty old to me; it doesn't even include shows like Seirei no Moribito or Nodame Cantabile which are at or near the top of most contemporary ratings charts.

I suggest browsing the list at AniDB.net.

For some other suggestions, pass your mouse over those ladies in my signature and see where they take you.
Old 2009-06-11, 20:58   Link #10
Solidus1321

Send a message via Yahoo to Solidus1321
Code geass what got me hooked back on anime, from not really watching anything for 4 years stright. Just throwing it out there if you seen it or not.
Old 2009-06-11, 21:13   Link #11
Yamada
Minori Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
For some other suggestions, pass your mouse over those ladies in my signature and see where they take you.
In particular might I recommend choosing the fifth lady. If you haven't seen it yet Mononoke is a very impressive series. The animation is of stellar quality and the storyline is broken up into a couple different arcs that present themselves quite nicely. Many of the stories have roots in Japanese folklore, which is an added bonus.
Closed Thread