AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-06-11, 03:48   Link #201
Dopeskills
Thigh Master

Send a message via ICQ to Dopeskills Send a message via AIM to Dopeskills Send a message via MSN to Dopeskills
I got groped by a guy a few weeks ago. No big deal...

Pretty sneaky though. He grabbed my ass while I was walking out of a crowded music store and then kinda slipped away. I was like "WTF was that?!?" then went on with my day.
Old 2004-06-11, 13:11   Link #202
roguenoir
Rogue Member

The murder rate is about 5 in 100,000 each year or 1 in 20,000 in the U.S. and the violent crime rate is around 400 in 100,000 or 1 in 250. Still, this isn't as frequent as groping in Japan (one out of every 3 women.) So it boils down to: in the U.S., it's likely that nothing will happen to you but with a small chance of something really bad (violent crime) while in Japan, you'll have to deal with these lesser annoyances (e.g. groping) but nothing horrible wil likely happen. Pick your poison..
Old 2004-06-11, 13:19   Link #203
Dopeskills
Thigh Master

Send a message via ICQ to Dopeskills Send a message via AIM to Dopeskills Send a message via MSN to Dopeskills
Yeah, but most of the violent crimes occur in bad nieborhoods which most people stay away from anyway.
Old 2004-06-11, 13:50   Link #204
Arwyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopeskills
Yeah, but most of the violent crimes occur in bad nieborhoods which most people stay away from anyway.
Statitistically most of the violent crime in the US is also crook on crook, ie. gang related. The majority of its also centered on a few major urban areas. Outside of those areas, statistically speaking, your pretty safe.

Groping is a lot more pervasive, although according to figures from Japan, Tokyo has a higher per capita rate than any other city. And those figures are less than exact since a lot of groping goes unreported, since it is considered to be quite embarassing.

Basically it come down to the same thing no matter where you live, the more people crammed into an area, the higher the rates of bad behavior.
Old 2004-06-11, 18:07   Link #205
ToiletDuck

When a girl walks in with an itty bitty waste and a big thing in your face you get "SPRUNG!" baby got it going on...

Sorry.. Had to sing that.
Old 2004-06-11, 18:35   Link #206
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2
Ok onto the topic of gropes:I don't know the details on groping in Japan that much but heres what I think.Okay let me get this straight if gropes usually happen on trains (I assume the hand is touching the ass since I don't think even a groper is that brave to do anything more right?)then how hard can it be to just use one of your hands to stratch the hell out of the gropers hand? Or even turn your head around and look at the groper directly in the face with a threating look and give him a warning to let go or else.Or hell I heard in a Japanese newspaper that a girl while she was groped just screamed "CHIKAN!! CHIKAN!!" and the police caught the groper just like that. I think all of those are good ways to stop a groper in their tracks.
could it be that the groped are too embarassed to scream? maybe if they just brush it away or move then there isn't a scene and they go about their day. I think the conception that japanese men are shy is a false one though. Maybe the women but not the men.

I have also seen these groped videos on the net, dunno if they are faked (well some of them are) but they do it on public trains with people all over. Maybe 5 or more guys with hidden cams will surround the female and start grouping etc it's hard to tell if the woman is just acting or something sometimes
Old 2004-06-11, 21:47   Link #207
aahhsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterx
could it be that the groped are too embarassed to scream? maybe if they just brush it away or move then there isn't a scene and they go about their day. I think the conception that japanese men are shy is a false one though. Maybe the women but not the men.

I have also seen these groped videos on the net, dunno if they are faked (well some of them are) but they do it on public trains with people all over. Maybe 5 or more guys with hidden cams will surround the female and start grouping etc it's hard to tell if the woman is just acting or something sometimes
Man, I'm pretty surprised. So I wasted 2 weeks in Japan without gropeing a single girl?

Though I don't think I have the courage to do such thing. Keeping your hands to yourself is important. Nobody likes being touched. not even on the sholders. I hate people that put their entire arm around you. It's annoying.
Old 2004-06-24, 23:39   Link #208
H2-FumoGuu
パンツ。。。好き

I dunno what's so bad about groping, I'm a guy who's been groped by random girls before and I thought it was pretty good. Raised the ol' self-esteem level too cause I don't consider myself to be a very attractive guy.

If you're getting groped, you butt is being appreciated, you know?
Old 2004-06-25, 00:28   Link #209
Green²
It's bacon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2-FumoGuu
If you're getting groped, you butt is being appreciated, you know?
Unless you're that guy that I saw on TV today that got caught by the police.
Old 2004-06-25, 03:38   Link #210
kujoe
from head to heel

The question is--is this still going on in a widespread scale? I thought women-only train cars were already being implemented. That certainly sounds like a good idea, though it might be a big hassle when you're travelling with a group of people.

As for all this talk of the depiction of different societies in mass media, well, I see myself standing on the middle ground in this. "America" is pretty much accessible here--believe it or not. And I admit, I can also relate to what kj1980 was saying. It's no joke when we're told that Asian students need time to adjust to living and studying in America--though I'm sure it's the same anywhere you go. Then of course, I have my image of Japan--fashioned by the media, by Japanese teachers and neighbors and by my education. It's strange but I guess for a person in my position and of my background, I find it quite amusing, and at the same time profound, how East and West continue to view each other.
Old 2004-06-27, 22:31   Link #211
coldzero

girls really do need to double twice there security around mens -just look at how short the skirts are in the anime for the school uniform. Is it really that short?
Old 2004-06-28, 00:01   Link #212
Dopeskills
Thigh Master

I only form ideas about foreign places from word of mouth. Preferrably from people who live there, but also sometimes from travelers. The media never gives an accurate depication of what a place is like IMO.
Old 2004-06-28, 01:04   Link #213
Melazoma

Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldzero
girls really do need to double twice there security around mens -just look at how short the skirts are in the anime for the school uniform. Is it really that short?
According to a recent post by kj1980, skirt-lengths vary with each school, according to its own dress codes. And regardless of how short or long it is, spats(or as I'd like to call it: safety shorts-shorts ) are commonly worn by the Japanese school girls to prevent peeping
Old 2004-06-28, 01:27   Link #214
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Nanpa's in Japan

Out of curiosity I was wondering how bad(or good?)are the Nanpas=Flirts in japan? What strategy do they usually use when they go to pick up girls? And what are the chances for a Nanpa to actually be successful in their attempts? I'm interested to know how the People in Japan do it.

Last edited by xris; 2004-06-28 at 03:28. Reason: We really don't need a separate thread for this, so merged together
Old 2004-06-28, 01:43   Link #215
MwyC

Send a message via AIM to MwyC Send a message via MSN to MwyC
you mean...
as opposed to..the "nanpa's" here?

and another thing
strategy?
its not a frickin game where you can go to the local EB and pick up a guide for 30 bucks

you find it here
http://www.jgirls.com/pikup.htm
=p
Old 2004-06-28, 15:13   Link #216
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2
Out of curiosity I was wondering how bad(or good?)are the Nanpas=Flirts in japan? What strategy do they usually use when they go to pick up girls? And what are the chances for a Nanpa to actually be successful in their attempts? I'm interested to know how the People in Japan do it.
How do you pickup and get into a conversation with a person of the opposite sex that seems to interest you in your country? You don't just as going up to a woman and complement how her breasts are great, do you? More likely you will get you a slap in the face and might be dragged to the nearest police station as a pervert. Same thing.
Old 2004-06-28, 22:16   Link #217
coldzero

imagine that a tourist that dosent' knwo anything about this and just went to Japan for vacation or something and rode on one of the trains and actually got group, i wonder how would they react to it.
Old 2004-06-29, 11:58   Link #218
Laurie-chan
Asian Goddess

Send a message via AIM to Laurie-chan
NO WAY!!! I hate gropers!!!
Old 2004-06-29, 12:27   Link #219
Princess_of_Hell
Being Felt Up My Skirt

Send a message via AIM to Princess_of_Hell
I want to go to Japan but maybe next year.

On how I would act, I wouldn't do a single thing. It would feel good but would be much better if I were wearing some stockings with a cute bow on the top and a hiked up ruffled mini skirt, with panties optional. I did get groped at work today becuz there is a guy there that I let touch me up whenever he likes.
Old 2004-06-29, 13:04   Link #220
dragonz20
Cantonese Dimples

Send a message via AIM to dragonz20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_of_Hell
I want to go to Japan but maybe next year.

On how I would act, I wouldn't do a single thing. It would feel good but would be much better if I were wearing some stockings with a cute bow on the top and a hiked up ruffled mini skirt, with panties optional. I did get groped at work today becuz there is a guy there that I let touch me up whenever he likes.
we need more girls like you... the world would be a much less frustrating place to live in. lol
Closed Thread