AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-05, 02:08   Link #141
shosenjuku
shosenjuku

hi there =), well, id also would prefer the series to be more focused on hei, yin and if he is still alive mao, but if you think about it, try to connect the current picture in the official dtb site, with the apparent signal that someone fired against hei and yin, and she seems as falling in hei arms, maybe from far away. and now in this new scan the girl appears with a sniper rifle and in the background hei is shown with fearsome contractor eyes, i dont want to think about it but maybe that girl was sent by the syndicate to terminate them and in a future episode she might hurt or possibly kill, yin. making hei react in a abrassive manner... damn thats quite too much.
Old 2009-07-05, 03:48   Link #142
Joe_fh

When you think about both pictures the idea stated by shosenjuku seems very plausible.I mean the bullet hole in the glass,Yin falling down(even thought Hei is holding her) and the new sniper-holding character-it makes sense.....but I don't want to see Yin die
Old 2009-07-05, 14:34   Link #143
shosenjuku
shosenjuku

Neither me, she is my favorite character in the series=( and she has developed pretty much as a character, but she is the new female lead ( i think) it makes more difficult to the writers to kill her so easily.
Old 2009-07-05, 16:01   Link #144
Joe_fh

Yes indeed but that sounds like a reall good way to connect the new sniper-wielding-doll-hitman character to Hei and Yin.Considering hte character development in the first season I doubt the'll kill her off in the begining.Maybe thel'll start of with what happaned after the first season and work their way to the point where Yin might be killed.
I'm sure there will be more new characters.And we should see the characters that lived through the first season.
Old 2009-07-05, 16:07   Link #145
Cipher

Amber was my favorite character...now that she's gone, i have no more reason to watch.
Old 2009-07-05, 16:12   Link #146
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

Send a message via MSN to Vanehei
Do you remember the old stargazer?... i think that she will be an important fact to have Amber back
Old 2009-07-05, 16:37   Link #147
shosenjuku
shosenjuku

amber returned to nothingness... so i dont think that she will be back, and the stargazer was only a type of doll, so I dont think that she had any special power at all... I only wish yin to survive the new series, but if she dies that could make a chain of events leading to a more proper ending to the series.. but HELL she must SURVIVE!!!
Old 2009-07-05, 18:10   Link #148
Joe_fh

Hell Amber was a really great character but she died.She was really cool and her power was amasing.Still she returned to nothingness to be with Hei.I still think he made the wrong choice there.
Amber back and Yiun dead sounds like a really interestin plot twist if it happens,which I really doubt.
Anyways how did Amber dissapear?I mean shouldn't she just return to being a baby?but that's a bit off topic
And that old stargazer was really OLD.I thought she'll die halfway through the series but noo...
Old 2009-07-05, 18:36   Link #149
Lostdreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashima View Post
Do you remember the old stargazer?... i think that she will be an important fact to have Amber back
after you said that, I got a feeling that Amber's gonna be back. I don't think she's really gone considering she's a time traveler.
Old 2009-07-05, 19:50   Link #150
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostdreams View Post
after you said that, I got a feeling that Amber's gonna be back. I don't think she's really gone considering she's a time traveler.
Hmm?

Time traveling? Wasn't her ability is to stop time itself (with the cost of reverse aging to the point of removing her own existence)?

To me, time stopping =/= time-traveling.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2009-07-05, 19:57   Link #151
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
I surely hope this kicks some sense into the first season. It wasn't bad at all, but it wasn't what I would expect from BONES.

Then again, anything is better from the godawful thing they're doing with FMA 2. Please tell me you'll at least have the money to do this (as opposed to right now with FMA 2).

Oh, and if this means more YK, then more power to them.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
Old 2009-07-06, 12:27   Link #152
Joe_fh

Amber was time traveling.
She said she withnesd the accident in America many times and tried to stop it many times but failed.She also send Hei back in time at the end thus using the rest of her life.And she could also stop time.
At least that's what I remember.
Old 2009-07-06, 17:28   Link #153
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_fh View Post
Amber was time traveling.
She said she withnesd the accident in America many times and tried to stop it many times but failed.She also send Hei back in time at the end thus using the rest of her life.And she could also stop time.
At least that's what I remember.
While I don't remember her saying that, you are pretty much correct. Amber was able to reverse time and embed that ability into objects (the egg that saved her accomplice from being killed by Mai), stop it, and predict the future at the price of becoming younger ever time she uses that power.

Now, about her coming back, I honestly cant see that. The fact that she was already a toddler by the end of the last series and rewinding time again all that was left in her place afterwards were her clothe.

For me, it seems that the title might be more related to the Heaven/Hell Gates, so we might learn more about them and their origin.
Old 2009-07-07, 11:01   Link #154
Joe_fh

^^ Well She did say she had travelled even trought the plane of time when she first met Hei,I mean met him for the first time after the accident.She also said she has seen the future.
I also remember whn she waas talking to Hei she thought they (her comrades and her) fought in the Heaven's War several times.If I recall this was the war before the accident in America.Which led me to think she could travel abck in time as well.Besides in the end after she talked with Hei and the others she send him back so he could do what he decided to do

Oh and that old Stargazer was the only one moving when Amber stoped time so she should be connected to her somehow.Let's hope we see Amber again,she was a cool character which was really left out for most of the series
Old 2009-07-07, 23:24   Link #155
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_fh View Post
Oh and that old Stargazer was the only one moving when Amber stoped time so she should be connected to her somehow.Let's hope we see Amber again,she was a cool character which was really left out for most of the series
She also seemed to purposefully have the same unique hair color which I seem to remember noting, even though it's been a while, in addition to her stargazing-teller abilities so I remember thinking there's some kind of connection there especially with Amber's time manipulation involved.
Old 2009-07-09, 20:13   Link #156
shosenjuku
shosenjuku

http://www.animenation.net/blog/2009...-than-black-2/ DAMN MOE
Old 2009-07-09, 20:16   Link #157
shosenjuku
shosenjuku

i really dont like what i see in that scans, darker than black is turning into some shitty semi- moe trash =(
Old 2009-07-09, 20:26   Link #158
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Looks like the "main protagonist"'s name is known.

Spoiler for Actual name for girl:

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2009-07-09, 20:59   Link #159
iceyfw

you're kidding me. well i'll be damned. i guess i'll stick around for when episode one airs and if the episode mentions anything about hei. the chances of that happening are probably slim if they choose to take a while to get into the main plot like season one did; which i totally hated by the way. thank goodness i waited a year later to watch it
Old 2009-07-09, 21:38   Link #160
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

So glad another season is coming out.
Closed Thread