AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 05 Rating
Perfect 10 54 13.99%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 5.18%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 23 5.96%
7 out of 10 : Good 25 6.48%
6 out of 10 : Average 27 6.99%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 16 4.15%
4 out of 10 : Poor 10 2.59%
3 out of 10 : Bad 8 2.07%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 7 1.81%
1 out of 10 : Painful 196 50.78%
Voters: 386. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-13, 18:05   Link #921
Ekul
Transdimensional phoenix

Honestly, three years of expectations take their toll. I remember waiting like, three years for Super Smash Brothers Brawl to come out. Oh, it was great and all, but it just didn't live up to my expectations. Just like when Haruhi couldn't wait to go to High School to meet John Smith, it can't possibly be as good as we thought. Maybe that's what they're doing, just like they're trying to show us how irritated Nagato can be, they're trying to show how Haruhi's expectations were let down! /optimism

Oh crap, that applies to the light novel too doesn't it?
Old 2009-07-13, 18:13   Link #922
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

What I find interesting is the number of auto "1" responces, before people actually saw the episode. Responces based on the simple fact that the loop repeats again without a resolve. Yet the actual episode is well done. I gave it an average because of the loops and several stills, but otherwise the episode if good.
Old 2009-07-13, 18:16   Link #923
Jaden

Could tweak the OP lyrics a bit if the authors really wanted to troll people. Week by week, unzari da yo ne?
Old 2009-07-13, 18:20   Link #924
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish eric View Post
Does anyone want to talk about the episode? Im bored with the whole like/dislike that its still a loop. Its been 45 pages now. Some like it some hate it.
The loop is all there is to it, so until there is something actually new, we can't discuss anything new.
Old 2009-07-13, 18:24   Link #925
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Perhaps the very act that is defined as trolling comes from the fact that all of these episodes, despite its very same plot for the last 3 and some variation in the original one are all animated from scratch is so revolting that...

those that wanted to fault the animation firm for rehashing the 'same' animation over and over again are now in turn getting a thumb up the nose by this act, leading them to vote an automatic 1 out of indignation and spite...

and those wanting to see a conclusion finding themselves back in the same place over the maze, only to be presented in a different shade of color, leading them to vote an automatic 1 out of frustration and mockery...

while those wanting consistency is finding variation of this magnitude so distasteful that the entire palate is soured, leading them to vote an automatic 1 out of rejection and bias...

as for those that as inherently intolerant or unaccepting of the animation firm or the story for whatever reason, there is all the more reason to vote an automatic 1 out of steadfast belief of their own principle...

now for those seeking a reason to find certain thing of worth out of the story, this recursion might yield little to nothing for them, leading them to vote an automatic 1 out of emptiness an unentertaining.... suck in another word.

With no doubt, this personal musing falls short, but those are what I can summarize as a subset of why 1's are handed out so liberally. I wish I can get a better summary than this nevertheless.

I will repeat Tomo's chant again for magnumcyclonex:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo, Azumanga Daioh
today's the first day of the school term, today's the first day of the school term...
today's the first day of the school term, today's the first day of the school term...
(hahahahaha)
the summer vacation will continue... let's go together to the blue ocean,
crack that watermelon open~ Beach volleyball is fun~ (repeat)

O sweet irony, what cruel mistress thou art.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Last edited by panzerfan; 2009-07-13 at 18:56.
Old 2009-07-13, 18:40   Link #926
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

I'd like an Endless Summer Vacation. Wouldn't we all? But I do hope that we don't have to watch anymore variations.
Old 2009-07-13, 19:05   Link #927
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish eric View Post
Does anyone want to talk about the episode?
Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
We already have. For 3 weeks.
So true!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
At this rate, the next episode's poll should have a question about "Are you going to drop the show?"
Come on, no one will drop, we will just wait for E8 to end and then resume watching the actual show, instead of the failed artistic and monetary adventures of KyoAni and Kadokawa
Old 2009-07-13, 19:08   Link #928
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

It has been years, but Tomo is still relevent...as is Osaka.

And somehow I doubt Chiyo-chan's motivation method will work here either. (Yomi's method will work)
Old 2009-07-13, 19:17   Link #929
Mint Kashiro

I personally voted a 1 because I am incredibly bored and unsatisfied with how they're handling this. Sure, I didn't watch the whole episode, but that's because I don't have to. I've seen the episode before, and seeing it in a slightly different way doesn't make it any more interesting unless there's a conclusion to it. I'm also upset that I'm probably going to wind up buying the dvds anyways and therefore paying for 4-5 episodes that are essentially the exact same thing. I know I won't be rewatching these episodes anytime soon.
Old 2009-07-13, 19:19   Link #930
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mint Kashiro View Post
I personally voted a 1 because I am incredibly bored and unsatisfied with how they're handling this. Sure, I didn't watch the whole episode, but that's because I don't have to. I've seen the episode before, and seeing it in a slightly different way doesn't make it any more interesting unless there's a conclusion to it. I'm also upset that I'm probably going to wind up buying the dvds anyways and therefore paying for 4-5 episodes that are essentially the exact same thing. I know I won't be rewatching these episodes anytime soon.
Then why buy them? I guess it is this kind of attitude that drives studios to defy the audience.

In my case E8 removed Haruhi from my BD list.
Old 2009-07-13, 19:28   Link #931
Ruezu

Send a message via MSN to Ruezu
I'm afraid of summer vacations now, please do end
Old 2009-07-13, 19:41   Link #932
Mint Kashiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Then why buy them? I guess it is this kind of attitude that drives studios to defy the audience.

In my case E8 removed Haruhi from my BD list.
I'll probably wind up buying the rest of the season if it is good, and I like having the full set. =( If the rest of the season is a let down though, I won't buy any of it.
Old 2009-07-13, 19:47   Link #933
Shadow Kira01

Ignoring the fact that this is a different variation of the past few episodes, it is actually pretty good. Thus, it deserves a good rating.

However, I happen to share the same pain as Nagato of witnessing the same time loop over and over again. Thus, I got to say that I am actually slightly annoyed. From the looks of the scores and the reviews, it seems that other people are a lot more annoyed and unhappy about it. So many "1" scores...
Old 2009-07-13, 20:04   Link #934
SealkidHaruhiism
Haruhi Suzumiya rules!!

The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya part 00

Spoiler:
Old 2009-07-13, 20:18   Link #935
Lost-Wisdom
Wis-dom-matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruezu View Post
I'm afraid of summer vacations now, please do end
I encourage it to continue. Let it go on for up to 8 episodes. Like it intended from the title "Endless Eight".

I wouldn't mind, at least they're reanimating everything. Though I wish the still shots would disappear.
Old 2009-07-13, 20:35   Link #936
Dakota
disregard that (″°-°)ﺩ-

Send a message via AIM to Dakota Send a message via MSN to Dakota
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SealkidHaruhiism View Post
The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya part 00

Spoiler:
Ok, I see you post all the time, I thought you were just being loud and obnoxious, but this is the funniest thing you have ever posted in your entire life.
Old 2009-07-13, 20:46   Link #937
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

I'll buy the DVDs just for the auteur nature of this arc. I see it as a bold stroke.
Old 2009-07-13, 21:23   Link #938
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushi View Post
I'll buy the DVDs just for the auteur nature of this arc. I see it as a bold stroke.
Aye, indeed. I recall how the studio tested everyone's patience back in Lucky Star with multiple live-action episodes of Minoru Shiraishi singing — very, very badly. It takes guts to give your fans a massive finger and still have them worshipping at your doors.

As for the venting of frustrations by so-called trolls, for once, I have not much sympathy for fans who still try valiantly to defend this arc. I'm not criticising its production quality, by the way, which is quite above average. But you are meant to be annoyed and very, very angry. So don't be a pandering fanboy. Let it rip. That's what the producers expect you to do.
Old 2009-07-13, 21:28   Link #939
OkamiNoKaze

Yeah but in the case of Lucky Star, at least that was the credits, and didn't really effect the show itself much. I heard more complaints however about the Lucky Channel segment, then the live action singing.
Old 2009-07-13, 21:36   Link #940
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

^ Well, then, one could say that KyoAni has taken self-referential mockery to an all-new high. The vicious satire is brilliant to behold. They're deliberately behaving like hedonistic rock stars, supremely confident that no matter what they do, the fans would still come crawling to beg for more.

So RAGE, my dear Haruhi fans, RAGE. Doing otherwise would only make us much more pathetic than we already are.
Closed Thread