AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-13, 16:00   Link #181
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Ahhh... I can't believe I missed this awesome news. Actually I been missing a lot lately.
Old 2009-07-13, 21:37   Link #182
Intranetusa
Pedites Extraordinarii

Quote:
Originally Posted by shosenjuku View Post
they both are shown in a snowy enviroment, maybe russia or europe I guess?
Could also be Canada, Maine/Minnesota/Alaska, southern part of South America, Mongolia, Northern China, etc
Old 2009-07-13, 22:44   Link #183
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Hei and Yin will be the main characters in season 2 again?
Old 2009-07-13, 23:31   Link #184
shosenjuku
shosenjuku

Apparently they are going to continue as important parts of the show though a big part of it will be focused on the new russian characters, and yes it will take place in russia and maybe in japan.
Old 2009-07-14, 00:49   Link #185
Hedd
Random Object

Was there ever a mention of it there were other gates outside of the Japanese and South American Gates? I honestly wouldn't be surprised if there was one in Siberia or Moscow, might give a bit of hint of to how Havoc ended up in Europe after Heaven's Gate went nuclear.
Old 2009-07-14, 02:33   Link #186
ZODDGUTS

Already been posted but:

http://www.animenation.net/blog/2009...-than-black-2/

Moe ruins another series? We shall see...

Having a 13 year old girl for the main character rather than an adult character like Hei, what is this now a Sunrise series?

Hopefully Bones is pulling a Gai Rei Zero here where we think those are the character only to be killed of by Hei by the end of the 1st ep.
Old 2009-07-14, 03:33   Link #187
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Moe ruins another series? We shall see...
They probably intended to make it more fun to watch, while not think too much about it.
Old 2009-07-14, 03:40   Link #188
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

You know i'll laugh so much at all these people know if second season turns out to be as dark as the first series.
Old 2009-07-14, 04:39   Link #189
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Nah, I'm sure Okamura is just taking his experience of storyboarding characters who all look retarded (Canaan) into DtB2.
Old 2009-07-14, 06:40   Link #190
Kirarakim

Wasn't a really a big fan of the first season but at least I thought Hei was a interesting main character that kept me watching from week to week. If he isn't the main one in this then I probably won't bother to watch the 2nd season.
Old 2009-07-14, 07:45   Link #191
Battler-kun

Oh, i hope that "moe" isn't the mainfeauture of the 2nd season....

I was already upset with the 1st season when that pinkhaired loli appeared several times...

I want to see more episodes like the first two episodes of DtB , or like the eps. of Havok.....when Hei captured her and broke her fingers without hesitation.
Old 2009-07-14, 13:01   Link #192
Joe_fh

Well I'm pretty sure the moe factor is just on the side.I mean we do see that 13 old girl(As I said before doesn't look 13 in the first poster) holding a big-ass sniper rifle.If they pull something like Ga-Rei Zero it will be more like everything is great in the begining and sudenlly screws up completely.The're so way DtB is gonna go all moe and happy on us,now is there?Bones always makes quality series and my guess is that the'll stick to the atmosphere that accompanied the first one
Old 2009-07-14, 13:22   Link #193
shosenjuku
shosenjuku

I dont remember clearly where i heard of it, but i can say that in that source they said that the new manga by iwahara might be actually the bridge between the first season and this one...
Old 2009-07-14, 13:50   Link #194
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_fh View Post
Well I'm pretty sure the moe factor is just on the side.
All this fear is giving new meaning to: "lolis are the most powerful weapon invented".

"Be Afraid, be very afraid!" =P hehe

-

Old 2009-07-14, 18:05   Link #195
Washi

The extremist counter-reaction some people have on this forum to 'moe' is both baffling and amusing. This is particularly true because a lot of people seem to have got it into their head that a young girl, or a cute girl constitutes moe in and of itself. How you could be 'upset' by a cute female character appearing 'several times' in a 25 episode series is beyond me (she wasn't even a loli). Likewise, I can't understand people who are 'sickened' and distressed by the fact that the new lead character is a 13-year-old girl as though that somehow implies that Darker than Black has become a covert way of releasing Moetan season 2. Quite frankly, it strikes me as pretty immature - this belief that everything has to be gritty and dark and that all female characters have to be rough and charmless badasses like Revy from Black Lagoon or else it's 'moe' and therefore evil. Does having a cute girl in the show threaten your sensitive manhood or something?

I'm not saying anyone has to like the cast changes, but the kind of alarmist overreactions being thrown about here is ridiculous. The anti-moe crowd should at least wait till the first episode before grabbing their pitchforks!

Personally I'm looking forward to a new main cast. I never found Hei especially compelling as the protagonist last time around. The villains were usually more interesting characters to me.
Old 2009-07-14, 21:57   Link #196
Slick_rick

A cute girl in show doesn't threaten my manhood in anyway, I don't know why you would think so, but I can certainly see it ruining the atmosphere of a show like this. Darker than Black while having little heartened moments was a fairly gritty noir style action show.

While "you" might not consider Hei a compelling protangonist a lot of viewers do. It seems logical that they would have a problem with such a big change in a show and have a right to express it. Just like you have a right to express your opinion. This is obviously a forum which serves that very purpose. I don't think this has anything to do with anti-moe but that fact that the character certainly does not seem to fit in to the style most fans of the series enjoy or expect from it.

I'll certainly watch the first episode but I'm distressed by the fact that a 13yr old could possibly be/is the new lead. Unless she dies in the first episode to be replaced by Hei or has some crazy ability and a killer mentality I doubt I'll find her the least bit interesting. I personally wish she will die not because I hate Moe but because I watch DtB and similar shows for such scenes.
Old 2009-07-14, 22:24   Link #197
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Moe and badass/grimdark aren't that mutually exclusive... heck *looks at the Ga-Rei Zero sig above him*.

Just because they have a young girl as a lead doesn't mean they'll need to sacrifice the grit that DtB had. It's in the portrayal, not the character design.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2009-07-14, 22:55   Link #198
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Moe and badass/grimdark aren't that mutually exclusive... heck *looks at the Ga-Rei Zero sig above him*.

Just because they have a young girl as a lead doesn't mean they'll need to sacrifice the grit that DtB had. It's in the portrayal, not the character design.
Kagura moe? I don't think so. You might want to watch the show and no take one scene out of context.

But like I was trying to point out her character doesn't fit. Certainly a show can blend elements but DtB certainly isn't a show you'd expect or want it from. Can it possibly work? Possible, but I have serious doubts on how they'd pull it off.
Old 2009-07-14, 23:12   Link #199
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Another good example would be Higurashi. The girl with the sniper rifle is reminiscent of Rena's multiple pics with the cleaver.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
Kagura moe? I don't think so. You might want to watch the show and no take one scene out of context.
Hm? Perhaps you need to review and rethink your definition of moe. Head to the 2007 SaiMoe thread and scroll though the explanatory posts there which thoroughly explain moe and how it is used by Japanese and foreign fans alike.
Old 2009-07-14, 23:42   Link #200
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post

But like I was trying to point out her character doesn't fit. Certainly a show can blend elements but DtB certainly isn't a show you'd expect or want it from. Can it possibly work? Possible, but I have serious doubts on how they'd pull it off.
Trust me, Kagura and Yomi can be cute when they need to *checks the infamous pocky scene for example*.

And even DtB S1 had elements of cute characters in it *cough* Kiko *cough*. Besides, we don't even know how they're gonna portray Suou in the anime (and magazine posters hardly count as accurate evidence). The moment DtB becomes a cute slice-of-life show like K-On, then people have a point. But since nothing's come out about the actual setting or story behind Suou and her inclusion in DtB, it's kinda premature to say that her character doesn't fit.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Closed Thread