AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-07-15, 11:25   Link #441
dfens

The helicopter was not a black hawk but some sort of CH-53 variant. It had retractable wheels and the back end wasn't long enough. The biggest giveaway is the tail it has a single horizontal fin which you can't miss.
dfens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 11:34   Link #442
cyth
Banned

Watched the two episodes and I'm dropping it. The game was supposedly a mystery visual novel, which is what triggered my interest, but the anime has nothing that would drive my curiousity onward. Canaan does some nice shooting and acrobatics, but if we are to expect anything beyond character development and the inevitable showdown between the two factions is a resolution of the leftover plot device from the novel, the virus thingy. Nothing much, really.

Does Canaan transform into a giant mech at some point? If that happens, please give me a shout.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 14:21   Link #443
Trickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Madlax had only a nice BGM, while BakuTen was all about blatant fanservice and crappy 3D. How could you even begin to compare these with Canaan?
We'll, the last decent things I've watched round here are L Gaim, SPT Layner and Souja Erin. So the animation itself doesnt make much difference to me. Though I was quite impressed by that Bakamonongogt(something or other) released last week.

Now that had no perceivable story (not that after one ep....), but had style. It made it perfectly clear that its world is in no way going to follow conventional rules. However I doubt its world rules would allow the jumping off buildings by idiot taxi drivers. Not because that does fit. But because it lacks style. Because it wasnt funny. And because it doesnt want to insult its viewers intelligence by making them watch a moronic non entity taxi driver characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
You imply that BakuTen and Madlax had a coherent story
More that they seemed to limit the powers of the characters and goings on to fit correctly in their created and maintained worldspace. Not really a story I'm criticizing here - you dont need it after 2 episodes.

But it destroys its chance of making one by fooling round in a world where taxi drivers can jump of buildings.

I found the first two episodes quite childish. Thats why I referred to two other titles that were - at first glance - in a similar vein, but turned out to be targeting a higher level of market audience.
Trickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 15:16   Link #444
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Hm... this series is turning out to be... okay at best. Taxi driver was awesome, and crazy old man was certainly crazy but also awesome.

And I'm starting to get the impression that Mino (and maybe that other guy he was talking to) are the only sane/normal characters compared to everyone else...

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 23:24   Link #445
aorta

Cat plushie:

Old 2009-07-15, 23:26   Link #446
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by aorta View Post
Cat plushie:

That. is. so. cute.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Hari Michiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 23:51   Link #447
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I got a question.
How old is Canaan, Alphard & Maria anyway?
Old 2009-07-16, 15:22   Link #448
TAM-Lisa
Yuricon

To me Canaan & Maria is about 15 to 18 years old, their appearience seem to be that age. Also Alphard, her age to me is about 20 or over then that.
Spoiler for Invert from Maria's film that she showed:

Last edited by TAM-Lisa; 2009-07-16 at 16:09.
TAM-Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-16, 16:38   Link #449
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM-Lisa View Post
To me Canaan & Maria is about 15 to 18 years old, their appearience seem to be that age. Also Alphard, her age to me is about 20 or over then that.
How about the fact they Alphard & Canaan haven't change much in 6 years since their first meeting.
Old 2009-07-16, 16:53   Link #450
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Canaan's hair seems to be of a different color in the negative after it was inverted.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-16, 18:15   Link #451
Raiga
tl;dr

That is odd. Maybe they were going for readability, because they thought that some of the audience wouldn't be able to immediately recognize Canaan if her hair was very dark in the negative (as it would be if her very light hair were inverted).

I love how she still makes the V sign for the camera while they're fleeing for their lives. :P (then again, considering her skills, it's not like her life was exactly in much jeopardy)
Old 2009-07-16, 23:04   Link #452
TAM-Lisa
Yuricon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
How about the fact they Alphard & Canaan haven't change much in 6 years since their first meeting.
I don't known, I just guess about their age in my opinion
They have met before since their first neeting 6 years ago?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
Canaan's hair seems to be of a different color in the negative after it was inverted.
It's turned out like that when I invert it on PS If you try, you'll see
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
I love how she still makes the V sign for the camera while they're fleeing for their lives. :P (then again, considering her skills, it's not like her life was exactly in much jeopardy)
That's a very cute way of Canaan that I really like How could she's still calm to make the V sign at the time running like that

Edit: BTW, I don't know what exactly about recent job of Canaan and Alphard. Anyone tell me about the name of their job (sorry for my poor English -_-)
TAM-Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 01:47   Link #453
封鎖された渋谷で

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM-Lisa View Post

Something went awry.
428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-18, 04:50   Link #454
Willen
Aoba Tsukishima

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
As an aside, my inner camera geek was amused by Maria's choice of camera, which was blatantly an Olympus PEN F camera from the early sixties, like this:-

I was even more amazed that they got the viewfinder right (to get a horizontally framed picture, hold the camera vertically).
I was amused that a "rookie" photographer like Maria would be using an old film camera, especially an "Ulysses PenAT" which is obviously an Olympus PenFT half-frame SLR camera from 1966. The neat thing about half-frame camera was that you'd get double the exposures from your roll of film (since obviously, they use a half frame per shot). Not to mention that they are much smaller than typical SLRs cameras. Man, these animators are classic gadget geeks. Mio from K-On! was also an old film camera user too.

It's quite interesting that Olympus is releasing a new digital Micro Four Thirds version of the Pen right now, the E-P1. I wonder if this had any influence on the inclusion of the PenFT camera in the anime?
Willen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-18, 10:32   Link #455
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willen View Post
are much smaller than typical SLRs cameras. Man, these animators are classic gadget geeks. Mio from K-On! was also an old film camera user too.
What makes me even more amused after you say that is Canaan using a sniper variant of the SIG SG550 and a Beretta Px4 Storm while Alphard uses an FN Five-seveN.

And in an instant this CANAAN turned into some sort of a guns talk between I and an acquaintance.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----

Last edited by Master Assassin; 2009-07-18 at 10:55. Reason: mistake.
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-18, 11:04   Link #456
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Canaan episode 03 (tentative)
Spoiler for 2chan thread for Canaan episode 03 (tentative):
GUIDELINES / RULES:
- Do NOT spread the 2chan link.
- If you want to quote my post, then please ERASE THE URL.
- If you want to (re)post screenshots from 2chan, then reload them on Imageshack and kindly supply the new links. In other words, do NOT hotlink. Why? It's simple: when the short-lived 2chan threads get junked along with their contents (aka screencaps), the broken urls automatically lead the user to a pageful of adult advertisements, a category of content outlawed by Animesuki's policy on inappropriate material.

Forewarning:
I'll erase the URL in a few hours (at least until the first raw or blog entry appears you-know-where) so, if you want to visit the page later on, save my link somewhere (in your bookmarks or notepad...whatever) while it's still up.

EDIT: link removed, as a direct consequence of ep 03's raw becoming available at...certain locations. Please get them instead.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2009-07-18 at 14:34. Reason: 2chan link removal.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-18, 11:26   Link #457
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep3:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-18, 13:16   Link #458
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Well I wasn't expecting that...
ep 3
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-18, 14:33   Link #459
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Well...the raw is available, so I guess I can bid farewell to this oh so short-lived 2chan link.
Old 2009-07-18, 16:37   Link #460
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

oh my...
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Well I wasn't expecting that...
ep 3
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Manji Midou; 2009-07-18 at 17:21.
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
animage, type moon