AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-15, 18:35   Link #1181
Saerianne
*cackle*

Happy birthday Battler for yesterday, too~ <3

It just annoys me how they're giving Maria all these scary faces when they're not necessary yet.
Old 2009-07-15, 18:59   Link #1182
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

Maria's facial expressions was overboard, but I guess it's understandable for the medium. I didn't even like it in the manga so meh. However, viewers should get vibes from those which is the intended purpose I guess.

The receipt scene lacked in detail I agree, but it's passable for me I guess. Although I'll also agree with people just believing it is unnatural.
Old 2009-07-15, 19:38   Link #1183
Wafflemania
It's a Devil's Proof!

I've gotten used to her obnoxious facials...(xD) but the drawing scene was a bit intense....how did maria not break her pencil?

i liked the BGM they included into the episode...but i just wish they would have included nighteyes....
Spoiler for episode 1 after 4 twilight:
Old 2009-07-15, 22:05   Link #1184
metronome
Mad Loli

hey, even with that exagerated drawn face, we have to still admit that the graphic is much much better than higurashi. I had thought they gonna do that higurashi style animation again>.<.

and ya, it is good thing that they still use some BGM from the game
Old 2009-07-15, 23:21   Link #1185
Oekitarts
Oppai Sommelier

Send a message via Yahoo to Oekitarts
I agree that the animation tops Higurashi.
*cue Jessica shaking a ladder*
Old 2009-07-15, 23:42   Link #1186
Saerianne
*cackle*

I'm just so happy that they're using BGM. <3 I want to hear Beato talk too. I don't imagine her with a deep voice, so I'm scared. D;
Old 2009-07-15, 23:54   Link #1187
nagare
魔女狩り続行中

I just watched EP 03 anime but there's one thing that bugs me about it.
Not posting this in the anime episode thread as this requires knowledge from EP 03 (game)

The Solomon 7 suns sign...
Maria writes :7Nb71b

This oddly reminds me of 07151129
Do either mean something in Hebrew?
I doubt the accuracy of the anime and doubt DEEN will take time to do something this complicated especially since the :7Nb71b isn't in the Sound Novels. Not hitting anything with this in my searches so I guess it's a false lead.
Old 2009-07-16, 00:11   Link #1188
Alaya
Counter Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagare View Post
The Solomon 7 suns sign...
Maria writes :7Nb71b

This oddly reminds me of 07151129
Do either mean something in Hebrew?
Isn't Hebrew also a language of number? Like Nrvnqsr can be translated to 666. So the number could be translated into something else.

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.
Old 2009-07-16, 00:20   Link #1189
nagare
魔女狩り続行中

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaya View Post
Isn't Hebrew also a language of number? Like Nrvnqsr can be translated to 666. So the number could be translated into something else.
Not really related but concerning 666

According to Wiki
Quote:
The sum of all the numbers on a roulette wheel is 666.

In the Bible, 666 is the number of gold talents that King Solomon collected in a single year (see 1 Kings 10:14 and 2 Chronicles 9:13).
A bit fitting for the setting ^^
Old 2009-07-16, 00:57   Link #1190
Alaya
Counter Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagare View Post
Not really related but concerning 666

A bit fitting for the setting ^^
Actually, 666 is also the number of the Beast, represt Satan (or Lucifer, I could remember well).

Hmmm 666... Case Closed!!! The culprit is a vampire who has 666 beasts in his body -shot-

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.

Last edited by Alaya; 2009-07-16 at 01:07.
Old 2009-07-16, 01:00   Link #1191
nagare
魔女狩り続行中

Okay. I did find something. No lead though, but I guess I'll post what I found as maybe someone else can find use for the info.

Quote:

The Seventh and last Pentacle of the Sun.--If any be by chance imprisoned or detained in fetters of iron, at the presence of this Pentacle, which should be engraved in Gold on the day and hour of the Sun, he will be immediately delivered and set at liberty.

Note.--On the Arms of the Cross are written the Names of Chasan, Angel of Air; Arel, Angel of Fire; Phorlakh, Angel of Earth; and Taliahad, Angel of Water. Between the four Arms of the Cross are written the names of the four Rulers of the Elements: Ariel, Seraph, Tharshis, and Cherub. The versicle is from Psalm cxvi. 16, 17:--'Thou hast broken my bonds in sunder. I will offer unto thee the sacrifice of thanksgiving, and will call upon the Name of IHVH.'
From the image what looked like :7Nb71b is clearly written... orz

Also found this:
Quote:

The Fifth Pentacle of Mars.--Write thou this Pentacle upon virgin parchment or paper, because it is terrible unto the Demons, and at its sight and aspect they will obey thee, for they cannot resist its presence.

Note.--Around the figure of the Scorpion is the word HVL. The versicle is from Psalm xci. 13:--'Thou shalt go upon the lion and adder, the young lion and the dragon shalt thou tread under thy feet.'
That's probably what was on Maria's charm.
Old 2009-07-16, 01:18   Link #1192
Alaya
Counter Force

Ironic, for witch who is hunted for heresy to draw the circle of God. Maybe this is a prove that the witch is a fake.

Old 2009-07-16, 05:39   Link #1193
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Are we allowed to talk about the contents of the bleeped blanks in Maria's dialogue in the episode thread? It's kinda odd they were censored in gg's subs.
Old 2009-07-16, 05:44   Link #1194
MarthX

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Are we allowed to talk about the contents of the bleeped blanks in Maria's dialogue in the episode thread? It's kinda odd they were censored in gg's subs.
It wasn't bleeped. It wasn't said, just like in the visual novel.

The (Six) chosen by the (Key)
Old 2009-07-16, 05:48   Link #1195
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Wait they were also bleeped? Can't seem to remember for the life of me lol. Regardless are we allowed to mention what the blanks really contain?
Old 2009-07-16, 05:56   Link #1196
MarthX

Old 2009-07-16, 05:58   Link #1197
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Yeah I guess they were. Doesn't really matter now since it's obvious to a degree what the bleeped words really were.
Old 2009-07-16, 07:47   Link #1198
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Battler states clearly that he couldn't hear completely what Maria said. It is only when he found out about the sacrifices in Kinzo's study that he finally connected the murders and the epitaph.
Old 2009-07-16, 08:10   Link #1199
Marion
The Great Dine

Yeah when she said 'six' and 'key' the words were muted, but her lips still moved.
Old 2009-07-16, 08:32   Link #1200
Oekitarts
Oppai Sommelier

Send a message via Yahoo to Oekitarts
Maybe the words were so out-of-this-world and downright alien to Battler...
...maybe he heard it, but could not understand or believe what she said.
Closed Thread