AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 06 Rating
Perfect 10 43 13.52%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 6.92%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 28 8.81%
7 out of 10 : Good 24 7.55%
6 out of 10 : Average 22 6.92%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 15 4.72%
4 out of 10 : Poor 11 3.46%
3 out of 10 : Bad 6 1.89%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 12 3.77%
1 out of 10 : Painful 135 42.45%
Voters: 318. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-17, 13:16   Link #421
paraalso

They way I see it, will they still make a profit of season 2 of Haruhi? Probably yes, as Haruhi is a very solid franchize for them. It's not like this will completely ruin KyoAni, though they are taking a risk with the current economical situation being what it is. Haruhi season2 was probably going to make a profit for them in almost any situation. However, I think they would have almost certainly made an even bigger profit if they had never gotten into this whole EE-mess. And less profit means a smaller chance of additional seasons. That's what confuses me about the whole thing. I see a lot of risk, but very little chance of any payoff for them.

I can see some potential customers going "Crap. I was planning on buying Season2 of Haruhi, but I won't because of the whole Endless Eight stunt." I can't see many people going "Wow. I wasn't planning on buying season2 Haruhi, but Endlless Eight is so awesome that I will buy them."
Old 2009-07-17, 13:16   Link #422
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Firstly, can someone confirm that number 70 eps? It sound very promising, and now i afraid i would give up my casual-anime-watching habit before they all aired
It's not obvious I made that number up? I made the number up. Sorry, we know nothing.
Old 2009-07-17, 13:19   Link #423
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
True that Endless Eight make many of us audience irritated. But i bet it also pull quite newcomers in, to check out "what kind of series that can cause such debate after 6 repetition of same Eps". I can't say the same with Japan, but surely it works with the Haruhi thread in this forum....
Well, a newcomer would be the most likely kind of viewer to be turned off by this if they are allured in. A veteran fan, at least, could find some fun in enjoying the animation while playing the spot the differences game surrounding his or her usual favorite characters, as long as they stomach through the boredom of the repeating, but a newer fan would just be rubbed off the wrong way.

And there's a huge difference between being drawn in to a free conversation at a forum and being drawn into actually paying by what's basically a cycle of repetitions.
Old 2009-07-17, 13:20   Link #424
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well, if the season does contain 14 new episodes, with 6 of them being Endless eight, you get six discs that have an episode of Endless Eight on them, and one that does not have any Endless Eight. Though it willl contain the special edition First Season "unfinished" version of Endless Eight that they didn't finish in 2006 and decided not to use in 2009.
Old 2009-07-17, 13:35   Link #425
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
Well, a newcomer would be the most likely kind of viewer to be turned off by this if they are allured in. A veteran fan, at least, could find some fun in enjoying the animation while playing the spot the differences game surrounding his or her usual favorite characters, as long as they stomach through the boredom of the repeating, but a newer fan would just be rubbed off the wrong way.

And there's a huge difference between being drawn in to a free conversation at a forum and being drawn into actually paying by what's basically a cycle of repetitions.
You see... fans also come from newcomers..... It took me one whole year to check out SHny and two and half year to check out Higurashi, 2 of my current top favourite. Even with all the hypes I bet there are points in the past when i hate these two series with all my guts, and the reason i checked them out is "to pass time"

Surely people won't like the whole repetitions idea and we can assume 1% of those new audience will actually going through Endless Eight at the 1st watch. But by checking out one ep of Endless Eight (by curious perhaps, or juts want to join the discussion), they could start to like the series and start watch S1 (and rewatch Endless 8 for pure enjoyment later if they are a die hard fan by then).

It's all assumption, and i seriously hope no production will pull this method again (and for sure I won't go over Endless Eight till awhile; as the only thing i hope for now is the ending, and how they gonna pull it off; meant more future Endless Eight would be watched.) But i have to admit it's effective up to this point (may not in the future through)
Old 2009-07-17, 13:37   Link #426
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Well, if the season does contain 14 new episodes, with 6 of them being Endless eight, you get six discs that have an episode of Endless Eight on them, and one that does not have any Endless Eight. Though it willl contain the special edition First Season "unfinished" version of Endless Eight that they didn't finish in 2006 and decided not to use in 2009.
Assuming that next week is the final endless eight (boundless optimism).

And even if it is, I personally don't think that would be enough to warrant me buying the DVD's.
Old 2009-07-17, 13:40   Link #427
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
Surely people won't like the whole repetitions idea and we can assume 1% of those new audience will actually going through Endless Eight at the 1st watch. But by checking out one ep of Endless Eight (by curious perhaps, or juts want to join the discussion), they could start to like the series and start watch S1 (and rewatch Endless 8 for pure enjoyment later if they are a die hard fan by then).
I don't know. Again, too much of a longshot for my liking, and at this point I'm torn between just wanting KyoAni to fail so they learn their lesson, not caring, and still wishing they learn somehow without sinking the franchise.

Also, would that 1% you mention actually be enough to make a profit for the companies? I strongly doubt it.
Old 2009-07-17, 13:47   Link #428
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Would you actually be able to think of a way to stop summer from looping again?
Nope, but I'll try. (even if it reloops again XD) and I would have asked for more information anyway.

Quote:
I think everyone here would act exactly like Kyon, if you ask me.
Not me and a few other people (they are rare) here.
===================

I think up to Episode 8 or Episode 9.
Old 2009-07-17, 13:53   Link #429
The Bloodlust Kid
Needs a better screenname

Send a message via AIM to The Bloodlust Kid
You got to be kidding me....

Though the clip of Haruhi spinning was kinda amusing.
Old 2009-07-17, 13:58   Link #430
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

I was thinking cause

Episode 8 Endless Eight VII

or

Episode 9 Endless Eight VIII

or they will name the final episode: Episode Eight Endless 8 VIII
Old 2009-07-17, 14:02   Link #431
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikonomi View Post
I have no idea what this word is, but Google translates it as "harambee", which I find delightfully funny. The machine translates Japanese to Swahili to get the meaning across in English.
Th word was "gambarou," which is an encouragement roughly similar to "good luck" or "work hard."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Both, because Disappearance is coming one way or another. It isn't a "this or that" question.
Correct. It is a "when" question.

Quote:
Acceptance:"You have gone that far, make the whole bloody Season Endless Eight. BRING IT ON, i'm ready for more loops"
I agree. Sure, I'm not watching the episodes, but watching Kadokawa act like this is amusing in itself. In a horrifying kind of way. Kind of like watching a train wreck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaboat View Post
I'm fascinated by the fact that so many are still watching, still commenting, voting 1/10 but still hanging in there - this is very special.
Train wreck. How many people here, if they saw two trains headed towards each other on the same track, would actually look away? I don't doubt that a lot of love will come back once E8 is over, and there are some people who are enjoying the repetitions, but don't mistake the inability to look away as a sign of some sort of approval.
Old 2009-07-17, 14:04   Link #432
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Some probably won't watch it and rate it 1/10. Until it really says that Endless Eight Ends XD
Old 2009-07-17, 14:19   Link #433
swtrooper42
Melancholic Swim Captain

Hm, didn't know that Kyon was an Evangelion fan.
"Now I know how Unit 00 felt after getting hit by that beam." lol.

Rated 10 for the art.

Close Curtains, Thwart Snipers
Sameo, Paladin of Legend
Old 2009-07-17, 14:32   Link #434
Mint Kashiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBlanc View Post
A little message for those of you who seem hung up about how they should always 'do what the fans want' and not giving fans what they want is 'betrayal'.

Let me tell you about this writer. Back in the day he came up with a script for a movie that was pretty damn popular. So much so that he managed to put together a company, and two hugely succsessful sequels on the back of it. Then his company worked on lots of other projects for a decade, but the fans always wanted more of that original story line...

So eventually the writer wrote three more movies, and wedged in every single thing the fans had said they wanted to see in the movies.

Those moves were Phantom Menice, Clone Wars and Revenge of the Sith.

Moral of the story. 'Fans' don't know what they want.
This also happened with Final Fantasy 8, if I remember correctly.

Off to watch the episode now. Hopefully next week is the last.

Edit: Done
Wow, this episode actually felt like a real episode. I actually enjoyed watching it, it took my by surprise. The animation and music, all the little new touches like those to the scene with Haruhi leaving...
It all hopefully points to next week being the end, and the return of some quality work.

Last edited by Mint Kashiro; 2009-07-17 at 14:59.
Old 2009-07-17, 15:12   Link #435
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Props on the use on music and overall mood on the "this is the 15521 iteration, you dolts" Yuuki scene.
Old 2009-07-17, 15:49   Link #436
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
How come with so many Endless Eights already, there still hasn't been this part yet?...
Spoiler:

禁則事項です
Old 2009-07-17, 15:51   Link #437
OkamiNoKaze

Of the Endless 8 loop episodes this is probably my second favorite part II is still at the top. Haruhi's first out fit and swimsuit were great, also like the explorer outfit. The Merry Go round part was hilarious, also when they were walking and she was marching along, glad to see Mikuru's explanation back again. And what's this a loop with in a loop, that was kind of neat, and I did think he was going to figure it out this time. Oh well. The clock thing was neat, I really thought they were going to show the rewind this time. I'm still hopeful that one of these times we will be able to hear them sing at Karaoke, I think a cool song would help boost this storyline.
Old 2009-07-17, 15:54   Link #438
Lost-Wisdom
Wis-dom-matic

Just recently saw the new Haruhi raws out.

From Episode 9. It seems that is the end of the Endless Eight Arc.
Old 2009-07-17, 16:35   Link #439
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost-Wisdom View Post
Just recently saw the new Haruhi raws out.

From Episode 9. It seems that is the end of the Endless Eight Arc.
how did you see the RAW's for ep 9 if ep 7 and 8 hasn't even aired yet?
Old 2009-07-17, 16:47   Link #440
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
But it's not crap; you're just seeing it through the RAGE lenses you're wearing. If we got all these episodes in one day, would you be complaining? At all? Wouldn't you kill to see even one extra loop during the time between whenever this Haruhi-ness ends and the [hopefully less than three year] break before the next one? If the choice is between more episodes now (aka, the next twelve months or so) or fewer but disappearance before the end of August, I'd take the more episodes.

And I've enjoyed the Endless Eight episodes, once I got past the fact that I'm getting bored of the arc.They're well done and haven't reused a bunch of animation. It's KyoAni quality. So unless the choice isn't between more episodes and disappearance now...

I'll just sit here and wait.
NO!

Get on with the story instead of churning out the same one re-animated with a couple of dialouge changes so you can have 14 episodes of Haruhi without actually showing Dissaperance. At least with normal filler they have the excuse of making pointless crap so they don't catch up with the manga, the sole reason for this is so they can make a lot of money without using a lot of the source material.

It's not art it's greed.

Also I bolded a part of your post because it makes no sense

"I began to enjoy it once I got past the fact it sucks"?

What does that even mean?

Last edited by Charred Knight; 2009-07-17 at 20:07.
Closed Thread