AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-20, 04:17   Link #501
Jill-Jênn
Music-mad Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animexcel View Post
Woohoo, I would be pretty interested to see what he would do with Back to the Future if it turned anime, hahaa
Don't understand o_O

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
For every 99 excellent pressmen like you, there's one guy that will do this.
Why not “100”?
Old 2009-07-20, 04:23   Link #502
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
99 + 1 = 100.

Duh
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-07-20, 04:27   Link #503
Jill-Jênn
Music-mad Haruhiist

No, because he mentioned: “For every.”
Old 2009-07-20, 04:30   Link #504
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Yes. One out of every 100 pressmen.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2009-07-20, 04:34   Link #505
Jill-Jênn
Music-mad Haruhiist

OK, I thought the “one guy” was in the 99 xD
What do you say the most? “For every 100” or “For every 99”? In France, always “100” ^^
Old 2009-07-20, 05:06   Link #506
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
I think your wording is more like "Out of every 100" then.
Old 2009-07-20, 09:33   Link #507
OkamiNoKaze

Does anyone have any speculation on how they're release the re-airing for Region 1?
Old 2009-07-20, 09:39   Link #508
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Probably release the new episodes in the same "two with three, two with four" setup as the '06 airing, followed by a box set with all 28 episodes in chronological order.
Old 2009-07-20, 09:43   Link #509
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

I'd love it if they manage to cram all of the E8 eps on one disk and have a random function on it... but I think that's unlikely. Kogetsu Shirogane's guess is the likeliest.
Old 2009-07-20, 09:51   Link #510
Launch
Bug Catcher

I was thinking, they can fit the new episodes in-between the old ones without having to re-release episodes. I guess it makes sense why they made the episodes chronological order in the first place (or was just a massive coincidence xD)

DVD1 - Episode 00, Melancholy 1-3
DVD2 - Melancholy 4-6, Boredom
DVD? - Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody goes in here. They can just release it on a DVD with this single episode on it (like what is being done with the japanese one, iirc)
DVD3 - Mysterique, Remote Island I, II
DVD? - Endless Eight/Sighs goes in here. Probably EE 1-3 on a DVD, 4-6 on another (assuming we get 6 eps). Then, as many DVD's as it takes to fill up the rest of the episodes of Sighs and possible anime-original episodes.
DVD 4 - Live A Live, Sagitarrius, Someday in the Rain

That's what I speculate, anyway.
Old 2009-07-20, 09:58   Link #511
Jill-Jênn
Music-mad Haruhiist

Maybe they'll fit the new episodes in-between the old ones only for the Japanese version.
Old 2009-07-20, 10:50   Link #512
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Send a message via ICQ to W-General Send a message via AIM to W-General Send a message via MSN to W-General
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takamura Mamoru View Post
I am rather displeased that this is on Youtube already. He did say that he wanted this to be off the record ("please do not post this on the Internet") and now it's all over Sankaku and 2ch and other stuff.

Of course it would be a little naive for him to think that just by saying that no one will write or post about it...so I think he probably understands the risks, but nevertheless, the audience should at least be a little bit respectful of the guy's wishes.

Still, to go out like that and answer all our questions in such a frank way, this man is like a god to me now and it was a pleasure to have been able to meet him in person. Rock on Yamakan and continue to speak your mind - stir up some controversy because that's what you want to do - be the "big mouth" of the industry.
Old 2009-07-20, 11:43   Link #513
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by W-General View Post
I am rather displeased that this is on Youtube already. He did say that he wanted this to be off the record ("please do not post this on the Internet") and now it's all over Sankaku and 2ch and other stuff.

Of course it would be a little naive for him to think that just by saying that no one will write or post about it...so I think he probably understands the risks, but nevertheless, the audience should at least be a little bit respectful of the guy's wishes.

Still, to go out like that and answer all our questions in such a frank way, this man is like a god to me now and it was a pleasure to have been able to meet him in person. Rock on Yamakan and continue to speak your mind - stir up some controversy because that's what you want to do - be the "big mouth" of the industry.
No, this is a good thing.... yeah, this was incredibly impressive. He doesn't *attack* the KyoAni decision - he simply states he was opposed to the idea because he thought it would only fly for two episodes without negative reaction. And he apologizes for leaving KyoAni since his voice was no longer in the discussion. IMO, he manages to make his opinion known without attacking KyoAni's decision.
Old 2009-07-20, 11:50   Link #514
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Just for a laugh I made a YouTube Poop of sorts to poke some fun over the Endless Eight situation.

Warning: Link contains content from the most recent Endless Eight episode.

This YouTube Poop also includes a couple usual participants in YouTube Poops, as well as Lyrical Nanoha, and a couple animes from the mid-to-late 90s that many people here probably don't know of but that I felt fitted well for the roles that they helped serve in this video. Also, the fun (if you like this) doesn't really start until around 1:22 .

I hope people like my admittedly meager efforts here - it was made pretty quickly, and I'm only using Windows XP version of Windows Movie Maker, so... that limits editing options a lot.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2009-07-20 at 12:33.
Old 2009-07-20, 11:53   Link #515
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Send a message via ICQ to W-General Send a message via AIM to W-General Send a message via MSN to W-General
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
No, this is a good thing.... yeah, this was incredibly impressive. He doesn't *attack* the KyoAni decision - he simply states he was opposed to the idea because he thought it would only fly for two episodes without negative reaction. And he apologizes for leaving KyoAni since his voice was no longer in the discussion. IMO, he manages to make his opinion known without attacking KyoAni's decision.
I agree with you that that was his intention.

Except such comments generally do not fly well with the conservative / passive Japanese culture where speaking up one's mind is frowned upon. I point you to 今日もやられやく, a 2ch thread collection blog... http://yunakiti.blog79.fc2.com/blog-entry-3435.html

The comments there from the Japanese are generally disparaging of Yamakan. (Generally the comments go along the lines of "This guy's an idiot. He's got nothing to do with Haruhi anymore, why is he apologizing.")
Old 2009-07-20, 12:23   Link #516
M.Marangio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
JI don't recall how to embed YouTube videos on Anime Suki - if anybody can tell me, I'll embed this instead.
Simply use [youtube ]67mrroFnCF4[/youtube ] without spaces.
Old 2009-07-20, 12:28   Link #517
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Marangio View Post
Simply use [youtube ]67mrroFnCF4[/youtube ] without spaces.
Thanks! I appreciate the help.
Old 2009-07-20, 13:07   Link #518
Alesiopdv
True Believer of Haruhi

Ah, its amazing how people that used to PRAISE the series for being innovative are now COMPLAINING about it.

Doesnt nobody remember who was it back then when the series first aired and the episodes were out of order? I remember having a massive headache trying to make sense of the plot, jumping back and forth.

Doesnt nobody remember that when the first rumors of a second season came out people where complaining how they will make it as original as the first one? That everyone was worried second season will be too conventional and MAINSTREAM and the show will lost its charm?

Nobody???

Yeah, I didnt think so...

And its easy to criticize once you got FIRED. Humrh.

Complety missing the point. Indeed.
Old 2009-07-20, 13:18   Link #519
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alesiopdv View Post
Ah, its amazing how people that used to PRAISE the series for being innovative are now COMPLAINING about it.

Doesnt nobody remember who was it back then when the series first aired and the episodes were out of order? I remember having a massive headache trying to make sense of the plot, jumping back and forth.

Doesnt nobody remember that when the first rumors of a second season came out people where complaining how they will make it as original as the first one? That everyone was worried second season will be too conventional and MAINSTREAM and the show will lost its charm?

Nobody???

Yeah, I didnt think so...

And its easy to criticize once you got FIRED. Humrh.

Complety missing the point. Indeed.
Don't bother. No one listens to reason when they think they're being cheated.
Old 2009-07-20, 13:19   Link #520
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Well, it is possible have a good inovation and a bad one. 2006 run was good. That one... no so much.

The main problem is because most of the repeated episodes are just... repeated. It would be less complaning if all were like the last one.

I agree people are over reacting, tough.

*e*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu
Don't bother. No one listens to reason when they think they're being cheated.
Oh, yeah, that too.
Closed Thread

Tags
kadokawa, science fiction, shounen