AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 07 Rating
Perfect 10 26 9.22%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 3.19%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 3.90%
7 out of 10 : Good 16 5.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 3.90%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 14 4.96%
4 out of 10 : Poor 9 3.19%
3 out of 10 : Bad 8 2.84%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 11 3.90%
1 out of 10 : Painful 167 59.22%
Voters: 282. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-25, 02:00   Link #421
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Geez, you are missing half the fun!
No, your geting "Self harm" mixed with "fun".

But seriously, if you defend this sort of nonsence then you are what is wrong with the anime industry and you need to be defeated in the name of all that does not suck.

I'm calling you out, the 36 who gave this show 1-5 points too many.

TEAM!
Old 2009-07-25, 02:19   Link #422
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

so is E8 is the novel this long, just wondering...
Old 2009-07-25, 02:30   Link #423
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
30 pages. They've turned a small exercise in reading into Odin 2
Old 2009-07-25, 02:30   Link #424
Jintor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan-san View Post
No, your geting "Self harm" mixed with "fun".

But seriously, if you defend this sort of nonsence then you are what is wrong with the anime industry and you need to be defeated in the name of all that does not suck.

I'm calling you out, the 36 who gave this show 1-5 points too many.

TEAM!
Oh gods, another 'if you like this then you're the reason anime sux0rs'. Shoo! Go on, get out of here! People are entitled to their opinions, unless your opinion is that everybody is not entitled to their opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
No.

Endless Eight was like, I don't know, 30 pages or something.
Old 2009-07-25, 02:37   Link #425
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintor View Post
Oh gods, another 'if you like this then you're the reason anime sux0rs'. Shoo! Go on, get out of here! People are entitled to their opinions, unless your opinion is that everybody is not entitled to their opinions.
I belive it should be you "Shoo, go on, get out of here." for you are supporting the wrong notion of this being in any way shape or form ok.

I am a believer of opinions, am I also a beliver of people having opinions on opinions. If someone supports this nonsence, I beleive in my right to call that person a moron, an enabler and a reason why anime is being pulled down from what could be great.

And if you disagree with that, then we can particiapte in the art of the square-go.

TEAM!
Old 2009-07-25, 02:41   Link #426
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
*snip*
I read your post as:

Quote:
I have the undeniable right to call people stupid and blame them for things that aren't their fault.
Not that I disagree that E8 sucks, but you might want to rephrase your posts a little better.
Old 2009-07-25, 02:49   Link #427
OkamiNoKaze

Well finally watched the episode. It was about average. Poor Mikuru took a beach ball to the face, and still was nursing it a bit in the diner. I'm still hopeful we'll get them singing a full song at Karaoke. I liked the way the episode title was laid out in a infinite symbol, suprised no one mentioned that yet. I too think Yuki would tell them about the loop the next time around if Kyon asked her to. Though some how I think that buying the mask is some kind of signal to Kyon, could be way off though.

I can't say that I ever felt watching these episodes as painful, though there was a bit of despair after part 3, but that only lasted until the next morning. since then I've been watching each episode with the assumption that Kyon will fail again, that way it'll be that much better when he actually breaks the loop.

Are most of you just watching the new episodes during the re-airing? Or are there alot here that are watching the full re-airing, in some fashion? Me I did that a couple weeks ago, I watched the first season dvds and put the new ones in where they go, so I'm all caught up now.
Old 2009-07-25, 02:53   Link #428
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
I'd rather look like a dick than look like someone who looks the other way in the face of stupidity.
That's actually a good response. A lot more than I expected.

I still don't agree with your viewpoint, but it's definitely one that I can respect.
Old 2009-07-25, 02:58   Link #429
Da~Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokuseimaru View Post
...As in, if otaku were like certain soccer fans, they wouldn't bother posting pictures of smashed collectibles on 2ch or complaining on their blogs, they'd just go down to Kyoani and beat the animators within an inch of their lives.
The difference between internet trolls and football yobs.
At least verbal abuse doesn't get you persecuted for GBH!
Old 2009-07-25, 02:59   Link #430
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well, you either take Endless Eight as a group and be bored, or take it an episode at a time on each individual episode's merits. You won't be as bored if you take it based on just the episode.

However this one wasn't as good as some of the others. Maybe Lonely Island Part 2 quality entertainment, meaning a low point in the season. There has been only one of these loops that was worse in terms of how it came out and that was the third episode of E8...the one that didn't seem all that good artistically. This one's art was fine, but the music didn't fit all that well and some of the scenes seemed too short and others too long.
Old 2009-07-25, 03:05   Link #431
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Well the only good thing is that we won't need subs eventually. Wonder how long it'll take some of us to memorize the entire script.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2009-07-25, 03:38   Link #432
0bscuridad

Thumbs down grrrr

I registered just to say that this is pissing me off/getting me upset/mad, I want to break something, punch/kick someone/something, but last time I kicked my ps3 i had to send it back for repairs. I should've taken seriously the title "Endless 8". I will be skiping this anime for 2 weeks. I think those that actually watched the whole episodes without fast forwarding it lost some valuable time of their lifes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokuseimaru View Post
..., they'd just go down to Kyoani and beat the animators within an inch of their lives.
If i was living somewhat close to Kyoani, i would probably put together some people to go and at least smash stuff at their HQ after watching the 5th Endless Eight.
Old 2009-07-25, 03:57   Link #433
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

I just love all the rage

I laugh at every post with things like.... "I'm not watching this series anymore!" ... "This arc has ruined Haruhi!"

You aren't fooling anyone. You secretly watch each week
Old 2009-07-25, 04:24   Link #434
ArbalestARX
<Custom Title>

That's very true. Many people I know just go "Oh, another loop is it?" or "<insert rabid nerd rage comment>"... and continue to watch the episode anyway. There isn't much time wasting (at least for me) considering it's only 20 minutes. I usually watch these during lunch so...

About the rage, it's funny how people say they'd go burn down KyoAni. Surely it's not (entirely) their fault is it? Plus, if you burn them down.. goodbye future seasons. But in all honesty, most of the rage has died down a bit. Most of the people still complaining are those who jumped on the bandwagon late or just hate Haruhi plain and simple.

I haven't seen this episode yet, but the previous ones do have their moments where they made me laugh. The first time I heard Koizumi say "I rabu you" I laughed quite a bit. I think my favourite episode thus far (if I had to pick) would be last weeks.

That's all.
Old 2009-07-25, 04:24   Link #435
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well, you were going to watch it it begin with, you don't lose anything by finishing, though you gain by stopping early....maybe.
Old 2009-07-25, 04:47   Link #436
tns

Hi,

Do someone knows at what time (in japan) it'll be diffusing?

Thanky!
Old 2009-07-25, 05:40   Link #437
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac195 View Post
You aren't fooling anyone. You secretly watch each week
Nah, I'm sure that plenty of people are not watching it at all, or skipping through at best (as I am doing aswell). It's easy enough to check the episode thread to see if the episode is another repeat. But sure, most will be back when the arc ends and the hurting stops. This arc will still leave a bad aftertaste though, no matter how good the rest will be.

Shame they didn't create some E8 episodes where entirely different things happened (like someone suggested earlier in the thread), that would have been a lot more entertaining to watch.

Also, not liking Kyon much in this arc. He seems way too passive in his attempts to break the loop.
Old 2009-07-25, 05:59   Link #438
FatalMemory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post
or skipping through at best
If only live streams could be skipped through.
Old 2009-07-25, 06:18   Link #439
Akka

On the other end, whatever people do, they will be called about it anyway.
If they skip/fast-forward the ep, they will be told "ahah, you don't even look them entirely and properly, no wonder you don't realize how great they are".
If they endure them, they will be told "ahah, you say you don't like them, but you still watch them !".

I guess you can always rationalize anything when you want it enough

And honestly, it's quite hypocrital to get lessons about how to appreciate a show from people whose a good half only like the arc because it pisses other people off. I told it before, but saying "ohoh, it makes people rages, it's then really great" is really quite a pathetic reason.
Quote:
Also, not liking Kyon much in this arc. He seems way too passive in his attempts to break the loop.
Not just him, everyone is. That's another point which makes the focus on this story so irritating : it's not even a GOOD story to begin with. They are just all completely passive.
"hey, we should try to break the loop !"
"how ?"
"dunno. We'll see next week, when we'll have all forgotten and will need to restart from scratch"
Wow. Not one trying to extracts from Haruhi what she really wishes, not one asks further informations from Nagato, nor asks her to vehiculate information from loop to loop, despite her being able to experience and remember everything, and Haruhi leaving the café is showed as "it's over", while there is the whole next day to call her if needs be.

That's a pretty lame situation, asking for a quite a bit too much suspension of disbelief. And they spent half the season on this. Doh.
Quote:
I'd rather look like a dick than look like someone who looks the other way in the face of stupidity.
I laughed. That's a bit assertive, but I like how it is worded ^^
Old 2009-07-25, 07:19   Link #440
Scython

Pfff...about half of the second season is shit, you just cannot make up for it. Haruhi is doomed to fail anyway, unless this is a troll season.
Closed Thread