AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-31, 00:54   Link #2761
LimitedEternal
Nuclear Fusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guy Named Zeo View Post
I doubt that there would have been this reaction if that was Nanoha or Fate being shown instead of Lily.
I'm not usually a spiteful person, but...this.
Old 2009-07-31, 01:12   Link #2762
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
*Chuckles* Quite the discussion Force is causing, huh?

I won't opine on the way things are turning out because I'd like to keep my decisions until I actually read Force, but quite frankly I think that no matter what we say, it won't change a thing. Nanoha is taking the direction it's taking and that's that. Whether the changes are a good thing or a bad thing, well... that depends on personal tastes. I, for one, am quite intrigued as to what they're planning on doing with the series.

About the whole magical girl issue: Nanoha stopped being a magical girl show after the scene in which Precia was beating the daylights out of Fate with her whip (episode 7 I think it was?) so yeah. Not only that, but from there on, things became more and more serious, leaving behind completely the magical girl genre, and only using some themes that are usually associated with it, which does not suffice to paste that label onto the show. It could be argued that further proof is that unlike many (if not most) magical girl shows, they haven't come up with a "wonderfully perfect ending" that is like this: 'Nanoha-Fate-and-Hayate-beat-up-all-the-bad-guys-,hoorah,-let's-all-live-happily-ever-after', which is usually the trademark of this kind of genre.

As for the whole fanservice thing... never been too fond of it, but then again, I've never really paid attention to it at all. Learned to ignore it, more like, and simply watched the show's progression. Also, objectively speaking, the entire Nanoha x Fate implications are wishful thinking by fans. True, 7arcs isn't helping with some of the material they've released, but even though they're 'teasing' us with the possibility, it's simply that: a possibility. Just as Nanoha x Yuuno is a possibility, etc, etc. Besides, I'm not entirely sure children pick up on that sort of thing.

Lastly: What's up with mixing Evangelion and Sailor Moon in here? Eva is an extremely pessimistic, psychological anime, and Sailor Moon an overly optimistic, 'no-matter-what-happens-we'll-win-because-we're-the-good-guys' type of anime. I'd like to think that the Nanoha series isn't so bad that it's on one of those extremes...
Old 2009-07-31, 01:19   Link #2763
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
*Stands up in a daze* I agree completely!

But, seriously, guys... Fanservice isn't going to kill the series.

It's probably for the first few chapters (GRAH! Where's all the translations for Force, ViVid and StrikerS already?!) but Force looks a lot more serious than previous seasons.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Old 2009-07-31, 01:53   Link #2764
BPHaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
As for the whole fanservice thing... never been too fond of it, but then again, I've never really paid attention to it at all. Learned to ignore it, more like, and simply watched the show's progression. Also, objectively speaking, the entire Nanoha x Fate implications are wishful thinking by fans. True, 7arcs isn't helping with some of the material they've released, but even though they're 'teasing' us with the possibility, it's simply that: a possibility.
That could have been true during A's, but right now their relationship is more than fanservice or a possibility, it's an important part of the series and of the actual plot, especially now during Vivid with Vivio and her family. For fanservice, I think we have been considering mostly the factors that are directed to the Seinen demographic involving "echi", but we also should consider elements that are in the series just to attract the fans but for no real plot purposes, like exaggerated battles, characters being "moe" or "gar" in certain situations, etc.
But I think that the fanservice isn't a bad thing, it gives people more things to enjoy besides of the plot. The problem is when it's there is too much of it.

Cuídense y sigan sonriendo
Old 2009-07-31, 02:06   Link #2765
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPHaru View Post
That could have been true during A's, but right now their relationship is more than fanservice or a possibility, it's an important part of the series and of the actual plot, especially now during Vivid with Vivio and her family. For fanservice, I think we have been considering mostly the factors that are directed to the Seinen demographic involving "echi", but we also should consider elements that are in the series just to attract the fans but for no real plot purposes, like exaggerated battles, characters being "moe" or "gar" in certain situations, etc.
But I think that the fanservice isn't a bad thing, it gives people more things to enjoy besides of the plot. The problem is when it's there is too much of it.

As one comic book writer (Fred Perry) once said...

"You can easily put panty shots into a comic. How often are panty shots plot relevant though?"

Old 2009-07-31, 02:09   Link #2766
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
try ichigo 100%

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
Old 2009-07-31, 02:13   Link #2767
Arkeus

lol itanshi.

Well truthfully i do wonder about Vivid. After all, it has Fate doing a "sleep over" at Nanoha's, and Fate being left behind on Vivio's life.

Doesn't seem to me like a real family, more like a friend/aunty!fate.
Old 2009-07-31, 02:13   Link #2768
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Quote:

*Facepalms* Haru, of all people, I REALLY don't want to have this discussion with you. I have the feeling that arguing about shipping will end badly...

I know you're a full Nanoha x Fate fan/shipper and, believe me, I like the pairing too and think they'd be great together, but facts are facts: Nanoha is Vivio's adopted mother. Fate is Vivio's godmother, even if she acts like another mother figure and helps Nanoha out with raising her. There might be implications to them having a relationship beyond friendship but as of now, nothing has been confirmed. Their official status? Friends. Whether 7arcs decides to finally make them a couple and justify all the suggestiveness they've been throwing at us since the very first season or not is something else and we'll have to wait for it. But as of now they're friends and that's that.

Also, I'm guessing you're right on the fanservice part; for some people it must be enjoyable *shrugs*. Although I completely agree on the 'too much' part.
Old 2009-07-31, 02:15   Link #2769
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

eh that post was unnecessary :/ I requested to chat with him and possibly keroko in private. there's no raunchy horse beating debate here, just leave him.

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
Old 2009-07-31, 02:17   Link #2770
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Quote:

ah you did reply. i said talk to me in private, people are gonna go into war mode here

Old 2009-07-31, 02:17   Link #2771
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

But Tempy's already had his rod ready to beat up Equine-kun... ):
Old 2009-07-31, 02:17   Link #2772
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Quote:
Originally Posted by itanshi1 View Post
ah you did reply. i said talk to me in private, people are gonna go into war mode here
Please try to avoid double-posting. Just edit your first post

And, we should really take this to the Relationships thread if it goes on >>; .....
Old 2009-07-31, 02:21   Link #2773
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

oh shoot, i thought i was in the relationship thread, no wonder i'm confused

Old 2009-07-31, 02:21   Link #2774
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Alright back to discussion

So the TSAB holds mage fighting tournaments? We can have an entire manga dedicated to that premise!

And of course

LILY TITTIES FTW-

*IS SHOT*

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2009-07-31, 02:25   Link #2775
BPHaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkeus View Post
Well truthfully i do wonder about Vivid. After all, it has Fate doing a "sleep over" at Nanoha's, and Fate being left behind on Vivio's life.
Wow, we sure didn't read the same manga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
I know you're a full Nanoha x Fate fan/shipper and, believe me, I like the pairing too and think they'd be great together, but facts are facts: Nanoha is Vivio's adopted mother. Fate is Vivio's godmother, even if she acts like another mother figure and helps Nanoha out with raising her. There might be implications to them having a relationship beyond friendship but as of now, nothing has been confirmed. Their official status? Friends. Whether 7arcs decides to finally make them a couple and justify all the suggestiveness they've been throwing at us since the very first season or not is something else and we'll have to wait for it. But as of now they're friends and that's that.
There is a thread for this where this has been already discussed. But anyway, according to canon Fate is Vivio's godmother and Nanoha is her guardian. It has been mentioned many times that both of them are her mothers, seeing this from Vivio's point of view in the manga, and in the annexed sheets of the first chapter, where it says that she's being raised as a healthy girl by Nanoha and Fate. There is no official status of their relationship, since when they have been asked about it they have avoided giving a direct answer, and they have never said that they aren't more than friends either. We only know that they're the closest person of each other, considered a family and fans assume what that that implies.

Old 2009-07-31, 02:25   Link #2776
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Alright back to discussion

So the TSAB holds mage fighting tournaments? We can have an entire manga dedicated to that premise!

And of course

LILY TITTIES FTW-

*IS SHOT*
*RELOADS*

Good to see you too, Lowe-kun !

Ah, as for that, I'd really like to read After Days. Signum vs. Nanoha match should be awesome ! I wish we had more of those, lol. Yes, a manga dedicated to that premise would be awesome, 'specially if we can get some team battle like in the A's manga...without the utter destruction of the training field of course

EDIT: @Haru: Please drop it or go back to the relationships thread with it... I let go of it already myself >>;
Old 2009-07-31, 02:27   Link #2777
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Long time no see too, see you've been active lately

And while tournaments are already a shounen cliche, seeing it in Nanoha and the reasons behind it (entertainment XD) means there'll be no "life or death" situations, just really really awesome battles... like the Nanoha vs Signum we got Wish that got animated >.>

Also, FORCE CHAPTER 1 FULL PLEASE

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2009-07-31, 02:29   Link #2778
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

I'm more curious how Hayate will perfom in the tournaments.... if she enters it...
Old 2009-07-31, 02:30   Link #2779
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Long time no see too, see you've been active lately

And while tournaments are already a shounen cliche, seeing it in Nanoha and the reasons behind it (entertainment XD) means there'll be no "life or death" situations, just really really awesome battles... like the Nanoha vs Signum we got Wish that got animated >.>

Also, FORCE CHAPTER 1 FULL PLEASE
Deshou? I should come back here more often...real life can suck at times >>...

Anyways, yep! Tournaments + Nanoha = WIN. Do you think we might see more of it?

Nanoha vs Signum fight.... do you think that if we make a petition they might make a special or something that includes their animated fight? (<-- joke, do not take seriously)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixG View Post
I'm more curious how Hayate will perfom in the tournaments.... if she enters it...
I don't think she'll enter... she's a AoE mage and needs a lot of time to cast, not to mention she actually casts with incantations... so before she manages to do anything, she'd be taken out... unless it's a team fight?
Old 2009-07-31, 02:32   Link #2780
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixG View Post
She's a squishy wizard surrounded by magic knights...

She probably wouldn't enter.

Closed Thread

Tags
adventure, manga, nanoha, seinen