Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-07-31, 16:11   Link #161
teelotes
·¥äkítðrý·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I'm not too worried. Ayako has always come through and finished their projects I've watched. They seem to specialize in the smaller niche offerings I like to watch. They just often take a bit longer to pop them out.
It was a long wait, but they finished Minami-ke Okawari, much to my relief. Hopefully that doesn't happen with this show.

---

I just caught the first episode today. The show is fast-paced at times, making it hard to catch the technical references. There's a pause-for-gag joke, some detailed art terms explanation, demonstration of practical knowledge, and the usual fooling around by the girls (little jokes and observations here and there). Overall, I find this combination a good balance of knowledge, fun and cuteness. The variety of content style makes this a refreshing episode, and hopefully, the series will turn out this way too.

Hope to catch the next episode soon. Colour Warriors, Irodorangers!
teelotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-03, 12:53   Link #162
Midonin
Last Engage

Today's ending was the Namiko version, as expected. In an unexpected change, the background is now gold stars and the young versions of the girls are doing different activities. Professor's trying out masks, Noda's playing with dolls, Kisaragi's walking to school, it looks like, Tomokane's playing in the snow and Namiko's drawing something.

Catchy and adorable animation. A great match.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-03, 14:36   Link #163
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Hmmm, visited the Ayako site --- they've had some minor drama on staff, so they may be having a bit of problem with resources. I posted my enjoyment of the series -- so fans might go register and say how much they like it to encourage them.

Do yourself and me a favor and don't whine about 'when' or 'why' -- just say you like the series and are glad they're working on it, eh?

I corrected their website listing on the torrent page database so you can find it there.
Old 2009-08-04, 03:20   Link #164
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
I like the new ending animation, but I'm kind of surprised they decided to switch to it now as opposed to episode 6. Especially since at the end of each version of the ending they showed a close up of the girl in question.

I wonder what the chances are of getting ending songs from the girls in the secondary group. Especially Chikako as she's potentially my favorite in the series. At least among the secondary group.

In any case, as far as I could tell, episode 5 was nice as well.
Old 2009-08-05, 07:25   Link #165
Gains
Rain lover

Took a while, but subs for episode 2 are out. I personally love this episode so much, and reading the manga beforehand makes Kisaragi's shenanigans even cuter.
Gains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 09:23   Link #166
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quite nice how the second episode featured Kuro, from Kiyuzuki Satoko's other manga, Shoulder-a-Coffin Kuro.
Old 2009-08-05, 11:49   Link #167
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Yea! 2nd episode is finally subbed

ep 5
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 14:18   Link #168
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Ep 2 review...

Downsides:
I was actually a bit disappointed in the first half as I was expecting another round of rapid gag setup and fire routines before the pencil arc. I'm assuming this was derived from a manga sequence I've not read yet? Or is it anime-original?

Upsides:
1) I'm really liking the way they're overlapping activities in the foreground and background to increase the density.
2) The art design varies pretty much like the manga from deformed comedic to 'ero kawaii' (love that term).
3) Namiko and the Prof remain the core of the series for me and I really like the choice for the Prof's VA. Great voicing...
4) Noda-chan is her own entire show.
5) The pencil arc was sweet just as in the manga.

The informational bits (misinformational?) can get pretty pedantic so the adaptation team will have to work pretty hard to keep them lively -- fortunately, those tend to fade as the manga progresses.
Old 2009-08-05, 20:00   Link #169
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

The absolute high point of episode two for me was Nazuka Kaori's narration of the conversation between the two hens. What a terrific voice she has, and certainly one that seems appropriate to Miyabi. It's hard to believe the same person can make her voice sound almost masculine in this role yet sound so girly when playing a role like Miho in Noein.

I actually like the pedantic parts of this show and hope they won't go away as the story progresses. I have little talent for most visual arts so I enjoy learning a little bit every episode about techniques.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 07:57   Link #170
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

@SeijiSensei: Er, ot-san, she IS the voice behind "moe moe" Nunnally in Code Geass, and the new voice of Maria Ross. Since the FMA fans have not yet roasted her over the fire for giving Ross a softer voice (first Ross was Saiga Mitsuki), I've never doubted her abilities.
Old 2009-08-06, 08:59   Link #171
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Finally, some damned subs.

What I noticed in episode 2 was Masa's actually got a diverse range of expression in her voice. Also, lol Shoulder a Coffin Kuro cameo.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 09:19   Link #172
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Quite nice how the second episode featured Kuro, from Kiyuzuki Satoko's other manga, Shoulder-a-Coffin Kuro.
Such a nice cameo, now if only we could get an actual series as well.
Old 2009-08-08, 07:11   Link #173
Dop
Mmmm....

Just watched episode 2, thanks to Ayako's subs.

Ah. the pencils. I loved the story of Kisaragi's pencils in the manga, so seeing that animated was wonderful.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 16:31   Link #174
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Razajev View Post
Such a nice cameo, now if only we could get an actual series as well.
Very true, i'd love an anime adaptation at some point. Still i'm glad i'm not the only one here who's read the manga, and understands the reference in this episode.
Old 2009-08-09, 18:06   Link #175
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Very true, i'd love an anime adaptation at some point. Still i'm glad i'm not the only one here who's read the manga, and understands the reference in this episode.
There's a lot of texture and complexity in the manga artwork of Kuro... that'd be nice to see carried to the screen and not simplified.
Old 2009-08-10, 08:00   Link #176
Midonin
Last Engage

Finally, the GA website updated with some info on music releases for this series. It looks like they're taking the "all-at-once" style with a "Music palette" CD to be released in October. Which will be after the series itself has ended...

But I've had longer waits for less songs, so I've seen worse.

Spoiler for One thought on episode 6:

Last edited by Midonin; 2009-08-10 at 18:45.
Old 2009-08-11, 09:33   Link #177
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

It looks and sounds like they repeated the Tomokane Ending. Which means we can assume they cycle through all five of them. Makes me wonder what they'll do for 11 and 12. Please let Chikako have a chance to shine.

Spoiler for Episode 6:

May as well browse around the official site even if I can't read Japanese.
Old 2009-08-19, 16:40   Link #178
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Spoiler for episode 7:
Old 2009-08-24, 15:18   Link #179
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Episode 8 - Kisaragi in Wonderland:
Old 2009-08-24, 22:11   Link #180
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Wa.... guess I'll poke around on the fansub site and see whats going on.

Tags
manga time kirara, seinen, slice of life