AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-07-29, 22:34   Link #5721
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

From what I can gather, there doesn't seem to be any meaningful revelations in that. Just sort of a redux of what we already know.
Old 2009-07-29, 22:46   Link #5722
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
From what I can gather, there doesn't seem to be any meaningful revelations in that. Just sort of a redux of what we already know.
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking, but you never know. Some parts seem vague or unclear, so who knows, maybe the full regular translation will tell us something more.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 23:03   Link #5723
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Well, looking closely, I do see one thing that might have people talking.

Lelouch: "I am now able to be what you追IYATTA death, only to kill him everything."

I would guess this relates to his reincarnation line in the first season. In other words, "now that I'm dead we can be together in a new life," or something to that effect.
Old 2009-07-29, 23:29   Link #5724
Nobodyman9
Banned

Hmm, I like that idea. That could be it. Also, this line leaves me curious.

"I do, I will forgive you貰ERU it."

Who exactly is Lelouch forgiving? Or is it a mistranslation? Oh, and that line about Shirley first meeting Lelouch is interesting as well.
Old 2009-07-30, 03:03   Link #5725
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Hmm, I like that idea. That could be it. Also, this line leaves me curious.

"I do, I will forgive you貰ERU it."

Who exactly is Lelouch forgiving? Or is it a mistranslation? Oh, and that line about Shirley first meeting Lelouch is interesting as well.
I tried to look at the google translation, but it's just the same... Dammit. Either way, it could be Lelouch reminiscing about Shirley forgiving him about her death.

The "it's now possible to me IYATTA" don't make any sense at all... It's about his plans of killing Rolo after all that?

We should send that link for someone who knows japanese out there.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-30, 03:13   Link #5726
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Ying View Post
I tried to look at the google translation, but it's just the same... Dammit. Either way, it could be Lelouch reminiscing about Shirley forgiving him about her death.

The "it's now possible to me IYATTA" don't make any sense at all... It's about his plans of killing Rolo after all that?

We should send that link for someone who knows japanese out there.
Google? Hehe, actually that's the translator I used for this so...yeah

Hmm, did Shirley forgive Lelouch for her death? I don't really remember that.

Well anyway, if you know anyone who knows japanese than by all means let me know Otherwise we're just gonna have to wait for the translation from someone else.
Old 2009-07-30, 03:22   Link #5727
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Quote:
Google? Hehe, actually that's the translator I used for this so...yeah

Hmm, did Shirley forgive Lelouch for her death? I don't really remember that.

Well anyway, if you know anyone who knows japanese than by all means let me know Otherwise we're just gonna have to wait for the translation from someone else.
I thought you used any other site, but i tried on yahoo babelfish and it doesn't even work.

And, well, the forgiving is not on the series, it's only my guess, haha. Cause i don't Lelouch got a reason to even get mad on her, since she never did anything wrong to begin with, so him forgiving her doesn't make much sense, at least in my opinion.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-30, 03:27   Link #5728
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Him, that passed away with a smile
Hmmm, so C.C. just said he died while smiling ? Can't wait to see what ""Lulu is alive" believer will say about that, since beloved C.C. said so.
On another note, well, it seems there is nothing really new, C.C.'s monologue even reminds me of her monologue at the end of Stage 25. (so useful :/)

Pfff if they want to milk the cash cow, milk it with new stuff.
(Though I liked the part about Shirley's and Lulu first meeting)

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-30, 04:02   Link #5729
Nobodyman9
Banned

Well, here's a better translation of Rolo's and Shirley's segments. Keep in mind this wasn't done by a true professional so it's possible there could be some errors. Credit goes to aya kari of LJ.

Spoiler for Rolo:

Spoiler for Shirley:
Old 2009-07-30, 16:01   Link #5730
ginran
~Smile~

Thanks for the info/translations guys! but...I still can't see where any of the Shirley/Shirlulu hate is coming from...could it be something in Lelouch's narration?

Well, there really wasn't anything new in Rolo's, but it's a nice monologue either way. Shirley's didn't really have anything new either, aside from her first time meeting Lelouch. But, it's a nice addition, imo. I've always liked how Shirley became interested in Lelouch.

Guess we're still waiting on cleaner translations of Lelouch and CC's monologues, it seemed like Lelouch's might be the most likely to have anything new. But from what we have of CC's, her's is just reminds me of her poem, or like Loli said, her Stage 25 monologue. But still, they are all interesting to read.

Thanks to Yuka-Chan for the sig!
ginran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-30, 16:08   Link #5731
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginran View Post
Thanks for the info/translations guys! but...I still can't see where any of the Shirley/Shirlulu hate is coming from...could it be something in Lelouch's narration?

Well, there really wasn't anything new in Rolo's, but it's a nice monologue either way. Shirley's didn't really have anything new either, aside from her first time meeting Lelouch. But, it's a nice addition, imo. I've always liked how Shirley became interested in Lelouch.

Guess we're still waiting on cleaner translations of Lelouch and CC's monologues, it seemed like Lelouch's might be the most likely to have anything new. But from what we have of CC's, her's is just reminds me of her poem, or like Loli said, her Stage 25 monologue. But still, they are all interesting to read.
Agreed. I don't see anything thus far that would indicate a large amount of Shirley hate. I mean, maybe the new Masquerade dub for her death scene, but even that seems kind of unreasonable.

But yeah, the translations thus far are all very quaint. Nothing mind-blowing, but nice and we did get a little new info anyway. I like how Lelouch made an impression on Shirley from the very beginning.
Old 2009-07-31, 08:09   Link #5732
CC
♥ 無情この世はすべて
*Fansubber

「彼が、微笑を浮かべて逝ったことを。」 - lit. "He, who passed away with a smile."

If anyone claims Lelouch is alive after this, they really are delusional, for sure. Anyway, I'll probably post a translation of C.C.'s end script later today if I have the time. I can say that the bulk if it is about how Lelouch died happy, and that his death wasn't a tragedy due to the meaning behind it and the way Lelouch felt in the end.

About Shirley, she again discussed that she was unsure of whether or not she loved Lelouch due to her own feelings, or that it was a result of him using Geass on her. Perhaps people are upset at Shirley that she'd assume Lelouch would do something so selfish/petty/cruel as to Geass her to love him? Not bashing Shirley here, just suggesting another POV.

CC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-31, 14:34   Link #5733
Fishfood1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC View Post
Perhaps people are upset at Shirley that she'd assume Lelouch would do something so selfish/petty/cruel as to Geass her to love him? Not bashing Shirley here, just suggesting another POV.
people are too sensitive for that minor issue(assuming your guess is correct)? i mean realistically you'd would wonder about that too if you know some special power exist out there.

roof>bed
Fishfood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-31, 14:51   Link #5734
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishfood1 View Post
people are too sensitive for that minor issue(assuming your guess is correct)? i mean realistically you'd would wonder about that too if you know some special power exist out there.
Yeah, pretty much this. I don't think it's totally out of line to suspect something like that. I mean, Lelouch HAS done some pretty cruel things with his geass. Besides, what's important is that, in the end, Shirley truly did love Lelouch and she knew she did.
Old 2009-07-31, 15:31   Link #5735
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
「彼が、微笑を浮かべて逝ったことを。」 - lit. "He, who passed away with a smile."

If anyone claims Lelouch is alive after this, they really are delusional, for sure. Anyway, I'll probably post a translation of C.C.'s end script later today if I have the time. I can say that the bulk if it is about how Lelouch died happy, and that his death wasn't a tragedy due to the meaning behind it and the way Lelouch felt in the end.
considering that this comment is made by C.C (the one who gives the only hint that lelouch might be alive), i think this should be enough to settle this matter once and for all
granted, its not quite as conclusive and absolute as "naa... lelouch ?"
but its close enough
Old 2009-07-31, 20:12   Link #5736
CC
♥ 無情この世はすべて
*Fansubber

Final monologue - Zero Requiem DVD - C.C.
1人の少年がいた。
"There was a boy."
彼は世界を変える力を得て、新たな秩序を打ち立てた。
"He obtained the power to change the world, to create a new order."
世界は彼を恐れ、憎んだ。
"The world was terrified of him, hated him."
しかし…、私は知っている。
"... But, I know."
彼が、微笑を浮かべて逝ったことを。
"He, who passed away with a smile." - note #1
成すべきことを成したものにしか知りえない、深い満足と共に去っていった事を。
????? - refer to note #2.
だから。これは悲劇ではないのだ。
"So. This is not a tragedy."
それでも時に、抗いようの無い哀しみと共に涙溢れる夜が来たのなら。
"And yet, at the time, the night came where I sobbed with a sadness I wouldn't resist."
私は謳おう。鎮魂の歌を。ゼロ・レクイエムを…
"I lament. A dirge. The Zero Requiem..." - note #3
Notes
- (#1) 「彼が、微笑を浮かべて逝ったことを。」 is very literally "He, that passed away with a smile." - C.C. has confirmed Lelouch's death.
- (#2) I can't get this line to make sense, and two of my Japanese-learned friends translate it very differently. The general idea is that Lelouch's passing left a deep sense of fufillment that only Lelouch himself, or people close to him would understand.
- (#3) Not sure which word is more appropriate here, but it might have been "praise" rather than "lament".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishfood1 View Post
Quote:
Yeah, pretty much this. I don't think it's totally out of line to suspect something like that. I mean, Lelouch HAS done some pretty cruel things with his geass. Besides, what's important is that, in the end, Shirley truly did love Lelouch and she knew she did.
While I agree with you two, you also have to remember that Lelouch is insanely liked by a lot of people and anyone who does him wrong (eg. Suzaku) will be hated. They're probably just being - as Fishfood said - over sensitive, if that is in fact the reason they're upset.

CC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-31, 23:06   Link #5737
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
considering that this comment is made by C.C (the one who gives the only hint that lelouch might be alive), i think this should be enough to settle this matter once and for all
granted, its not quite as conclusive and absolute as "naa... lelouch ?"
but its close enough
Ha ha, never thought of that. But yep, that's very true. Since most people who claim he's alive argue that he's sipping a pina colada in the Bahamas with C.C., well, you can't really deny it if it's coming straight from the horse's mouth.

Quote:
While I agree with you two, you also have to remember that Lelouch is insanely liked by a lot of people and anyone who does him wrong (eg. Suzaku) will be hated. They're probably just being - as Fishfood said - over sensitive, if that is in fact the reason they're upset.
LOL, but it was just one little line! I've heard of being oversensitive, but......dang!
Old 2009-08-01, 03:57   Link #5738
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
[B]proper translation.
thank you for that
so we finally have full confirmation that he really is dead
i wonder if this would finally put an end to it all

Quote:
i know lelouch has insanely good leather pants
but hating sheirly for wondering if her love is originating from his geass or not, when she knows that he used it to manipulate her memories before) sounds petty
i smell a shipping issue involved
or possibly anger at lelouch's final death, being projected at other directions
Old 2009-08-01, 13:51   Link #5739
ginran
~Smile~

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
i know lelouch has insanely good leather pants
but hating sheirly for wondering if her love is originating from his geass or not, when she knows that he used it to manipulate her memories before) sounds petty
i smell a shipping issue involved
or possibly anger at lelouch's final death, being projected at other directions
I was wondering if it might have something to do with the part of Lelouch's narration which came right after Shirley's death scene...if its a shipping issue, which I agree, that might be it. but, so far we dont have a cleaner translation of Lelouch's narrations(that I know of). This is the part I was talking about, that might have something to do with a shipping issue(if thats it, cant know for sure.):

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Well, looking closely, I do see one thing that might have people talking.

Lelouch: "I am now able to be what you追IYATTA death, only to kill him everything."

I would guess this relates to his reincarnation line in the first season. In other words, "now that I'm dead we can be together in a new life," or something to that effect.
I also agree that if the hate is really from that one line from Shirley, it really is taking it too seriously.

Thanks to Yuka-Chan for the sig!
ginran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 13:53   Link #5740
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

its the natural thing to wonder when finding out that someone you like has mind control powers