AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-03, 17:32   Link #581
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
I'm just not convinced Clare's demenor warrents full goddess status. Let's wait and see on that one.
roflmao ..like i.e. kissing raki... nooooooope, that's definetely not goddess status
Old 2009-08-03, 17:39   Link #582
rukori
Bloody legend

Here it is.
There's also the ending line saying something about the end coming(this is a gernot's translation)..
Old 2009-08-03, 17:41   Link #583
MalakTawus

Changing topic.....IF was really Claire that entered Raph subconscious, don't you think that the BIG mistake that Claire was doing was not killing Raciella before the awakening?

And about Riful,now that i have read the english translation i have the feeling that she wasn't in a big trouble before being hitten by Raciella (and maybe that attack will be nothing for her....).Alicia sure is strong but Riful isn't fighting seriously,she is studying her opponent with attention and in just in a few moments she has found out Alicia's main weakness......i'm not so sure she will be defeated,imo she is almost ready to counter.....or maybe Raciella's attack will stop the fight......i don't want to wait another month!!!Again!!!.......sigh.......

Quote:
The AB with Yoki manipulation was quite strong, even being cannon fodder, but it simply didn't have the body type or talent to use Yoki-reading the way we have seen it used by Teresa and Clare. It was a large, turtle like AB, what did you want it to do? Nimbly dodge every attack sent its way?
Of course he didn't have a body that could allow him to nimbly dodge every attack,but if he really had the prediction ability (and based on his manipulation ability,following your theory he should be great at prediction too) he WOULDN'T HAVE MISSED his attacks.He missed a lot of time (not only Claire,even other warriors) so it's OBVIOUS that he can't predict anything.You shoud remember that prediction isn't used only to dodge,but to hit too.
Obvious conclusion:Just because you are good at manipulation doesn't mean that you are good at prediction.

Last edited by MalakTawus; 2009-08-03 at 17:54.
Old 2009-08-03, 17:42   Link #584
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
roflmao ..like i.e. kissing raki... nooooooope, that's definetely not goddess status
And I suposse letting a armless bandit rape you is goddess status.
Score.

BTW, the english translation is out.
Old 2009-08-03, 17:44   Link #585
SagaraSouske

How strong the AB with youki manipulation is debatable. Like I said before in response to Ryus, he is doing manipulation from a position of power. It doesn't require the finer detail youki reading because using a stronger youki source to guide a much weaker one does not require knowing the exact detail of the weaker youki flow. That AB may or may not be just as good as Galatea at reading youki but he doesn't need to be.

Galatea, on the other hand is using a much weaker youki source to misguide the much powerful youki source - it is much like the Taichi philosophy of using the opponent's strength and momentum against them. She would have to be very skilled and combine it with subtlety to be successful with her manipulation.

The AB simply attempted to force his way into the much weaker claymores. Raw strength combined with will power allowed Udine to overcome the manipulation and those who have half-awakened now posses enough youki to make it hard for him to manipulate, despite him still being in a position of higher youki level. When you look at this way, I would say Galatea is the better youki manipulator.

As for the point Ryus raised about duration, if it wasn't for Ritful, I am sure Galatea can go on manipulate Dauf forever.
Old 2009-08-03, 17:44   Link #586
Creangeru
posting in a retarded way

Quote:
Originally Posted by rukori View Post

Here it is.
There's also the ending line saying something about the end coming(this is a gernot's translation)..
Are you reading any other shounen manga or have you ever read one before? This is a sooooooooo standard Naruto/Bleach/... line, it's almost ridiculous how often it is used.

It certainly doesn't mean the end is nigh, but there are many things still to come.
Old 2009-08-03, 17:54   Link #587
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

We could be setting up for the end of the Island War or maybe moving towards a big tragedy again.

or it could have to do with Clare's encounter with Raki/Priscilla drawing closer.
Old 2009-08-03, 17:58   Link #588
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post

or it could have to do with Clare's encounter with Raki/Priscilla drawing closer.
I'm 99% sure that Raki will finally encounter Clare. After seeing the destruction that Raciella is causing, he is sure to try and use Priscilla to kill her. Clare will be figthing against those mini Raciellas and they see each other.
Old 2009-08-03, 17:58   Link #589
rukori
Bloody legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
Changing topic.....IF was really Claire that entered Raph subconscious, don't you think that the BIG mistake that Claire was doing was not killing Raciella before the awakening?

And about Riful,now that i have read the english translation i have the feeling that she wasn't in a big trouble before being hitten by Raciella (and maybe that attack will be nothing for her....).Alicia sure is strong but Riful isn't fighting seriously,she is studying her opponent with attention and in just in a few moments she has found out Alicia's main weakness......i'm not so sure she will be defeated,imo she is almost ready to counter.....or maybe Raciella's attack will stop the fight......i don't want to wait another month!!!Again!!!.......sigh.......
Clare didn't control entering that mind/sub-consciousness place. it's pretty obvious if you review it.. So she didn't really have a chance to kill it.

About Riful, to me it seems like she's about to die (unless she has some secret-power-up-sure-kill method). We know her much better than Isley and Luciella, so maybe she won't disappoint us like them.
Old 2009-08-03, 18:08   Link #590
MalakTawus

Quote:
Clare didn't control entering that mind/sub-consciousness place. it's pretty obvious if you review it.. So she didn't really have a chance to kill it.
Well,it's truth that she didn't enter intentionally but maybe she did unintentionally....but this is not the point.Raph said clearly that she wasn't the one to call Claire,so maybe Raph thinks that Claire entered that mind intentionally,so maybe that's why she tells Claire that she is doing a huge mistake.
I don't know how you see it,but even if i'm not really convinced i have to say that not killing Raciella before the awakening could be considered a HUGE mistake seeing how the situation is evolving....
Old 2009-08-03, 18:15   Link #591
sonotme_9FedriqSama
Clamotgun

Quote:
Originally Posted by rukori View Post
]
Spoiler:

Here it is.
Do u want claymore to end that badly??? ....I want to see more of DoD's don't ever say that...
Old 2009-08-03, 18:20   Link #592
rukori
Bloody legend

To answer that, all we gotta do is to list all the things Clare does:
1. looking for Raki.
2. Targeting Priscilla.
3. Saving Renee.
4. Toppling the org.
5. Killing yoma and ABs.
6. Entering Raphella's mind

I don't know if Raphaella knew of everything, but the ones I'll bet on are 2, 4 and 5. I think entering that place and killing/absorbing her mind was something she wanted Clare to do..

@sonotme_9FedriqSama- Oh no that will be a nightmare...
Old 2009-08-03, 18:22   Link #593
sonotme_9FedriqSama
Clamotgun

Now experience wise isn't clare ieven more than Teresa...??
Old 2009-08-03, 18:26   Link #594
MisterJB
Warden of the West

So, we finally know why Riful was smiling before Raciella's attack. When Beth is not focusing her full attention on her sister, Alicia's movements drop.
If so, what Alicia should do before anything is kill Dauf. With him dead, there'll no distractions for Beth and Alicia can use her full power against Riful.
Old 2009-08-03, 18:30   Link #595
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

of course Yagi could give us the "Bad End." but yeah.. i waited a month for this?

well, mini-rac's will probably distract Beth enough to give alicia a hard time against Riful.
Old 2009-08-03, 18:30   Link #596
sonotme_9FedriqSama
Clamotgun

The sisters has no such intelligence MrJB...they only know their target is Riful...and they'd give all they have to destroy the target...small fry like duff aren't visible to their eyes....
Old 2009-08-03, 18:50   Link #597
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Yeah Claymore isn't ending for a long ass time.

AWESOME chapter and all.....but where the hell did the AEs go? You see them once in a panel in Pg 10....but besides that they're like yeah....chilling.

Let all hell loose!!!
Old 2009-08-03, 18:57   Link #598
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

All Hell is about to break loose.
Man what a epic chapter.
Not only did Riful get pierced 3 times (is she and Duff dead?)
I wonder if the creatures that are coming out anywhere near as strong as the original awakened? It can't be because if so their no hope of survival.
On top of all that, Raki and Priscilla is about to get mixed up in the battle, now we get a chance to see how much stronger Raki and really gotten.
And didn't somebody say that Priscilla might lose control and start going on a eating streak if she releases too much of her power?
Old 2009-08-03, 19:00   Link #599
MalakTawus

No,seriously.If there is a manga where i couldn't endure a tragic ending that's Claymore.I don't care if it's not the most original ending,but i wish for an ending similar to the anime (i don't mean about the rushed fight,i mean Raki and Claire together and ALIVE)....but i think that we are not near the end at all.

Thinking about it Priscilla could eat that dead human so maybe she can gain a bit of time before losing control.....i mean,it's better to eat someone who is already dead,no?
Old 2009-08-03, 19:00   Link #600
Vinak
Procrastinator

meh, Riful just came to realization that she really likes Duff (opposed to just using him). hopefully she survives this encounter and develops further.