AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2009-08-05, 07:48   Link #41
Cytrus
Unchangingly Hopeless

Assuming Railgun adapts the manga faithfully, you need no knowledge of Index to enjoy it at all. The plot sticks to the sci-fi side of the world, where Index was mostly the fantasy part. The basics of the setting get explained at the beginning for newcomers.

I stopped enjoying Index soon after the first arc, when they decided to screw pacing, exposition and everything else in general. I hope this doesn't happen to Railgun, but it should be better either way. Railgun has simply been more consistent in its plot than Index so far.
Cytrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 08:29   Link #42
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
I'm mostly looking forward to Darker than Black season 2, Kimi no Todoke, and Romance of the Three Kingdoms. Will give everything else a try maybe.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 08:48   Link #43
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I've been waiting for two years now to see what Nakamura Kenji and his team at Toei have in store for us after Bakeneko/Mononoke. Beyond Trapeze, I'll wait and see. I'm just glad Fuji continues to support the Noitamina slot, and that Noitamina shows continue to draw substantial audiences. You'd think after years of consistently garnering audiences often two or three times the size of many otaku shows, other studios and channels might consider offering more shows that appeal to an older and broader demographic. Of course, Noitamina shows don't sell many figurines or hug pillows.

Anyone know which, if any, of these series is slated for Fuji's new "Noise" slot? That was the locale of Ristorante Paradiso last season.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 09:01   Link #44
Katapan
俺様祭り

Ugh. And the typo spreads further. Since a V2 of this chart won't be made before a few weeks, allow me to say it yet again:

It's Kimi ni Todoke. Not Kimi no Todoke.
I hope to see the show's title spelled properly from now on.

And now, I'll be watching for sure:
- Kimi ni Todoke - Simply my favorite shoujo manga. I'm so eagerly waiting for the cast list...
- Letter Bee - I really loved the OVA, sadly Mamoru Kanbe won't direct the series but remains the animation director so the result might be as pleasant anyway?
- Kuuchuu Buranko - Mononoke team. Noitamina. I needn't say any more.
- Darker than Black - Ryuusei no Gemini - I just hope they don't completely forget Hei, really. He made for so much of the first season's fun.
- Toaru Kagaku no Railgun - Because I've finally finished watching Index the other day, and it remains a fun series, with Biribiri being of course one of its highlights.

For the rest, I'm not so sure. Possible picks include:
- Nyan Koi - I rather like director Keiichiro Kawaguchi's humor most of the time - maybe he'll make the fanservice bearable. Plus, cats.
- 11eyes - ... honestly, I only have high expectations for the OP/ED by Ayane and Asriel.
- Sasameki Koto - Aoi Hana showed me that even I could really enjoy a yuri series. Yet I doubt this'll really be anything like Aoi Hana...
- Fairy Tail - I doubt this is the kind of series I'd really get into, but the A1/Satelight collaboration piques my interest. This could be fun, I'm at least willing to try the first episodes.
Old 2009-08-05, 13:50   Link #45
-chii-
chii is chii

I will most likely watch everything that comes out in fall as a lot of it are sequels that i've seen the S1 to

the one i'm looking forward to the most is romance of the three kingdoms. this will be a gorgeous upgrade from the other one and i can't wait to see it!

Fairy tail looks promising
Old 2009-08-05, 14:17   Link #46
Eater of All
NOM

I think if one can completely ignore the existence of the second-to-last row in the chart, perhaps one would realize that the Fall 2009 lineup is actually not that bad afterall. That being said, even if the overall qualities for new shows this coming season does not look good for some, the amount of sequels will probably make up for it. Hopefully this'll serve as a break for the industry so that companies can prepare for newer, better titles in the future.

Will watch:
- Darker than Black 2
- Toaru Kagaku no Choudenjibou
- Natsu no Arashi 2
- White Album 2
- Fairy Tail
- The Sacred Blacksmith

Maybe, likely:
- 11eyes
- Trapeze
- Armed Librarians
- Letter Bee

Maybe, unlikely:
- Winter Sonata
- Nyan Koi!
- Kobato

Probably not...:
- [everything else]

Nogizaka Haruka is a wildcard; I might have to watch it out of obligation.
Old 2009-08-05, 14:31   Link #47
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
- Sasameki Koto - Aoi Hana showed me that even I could really enjoy a yuri series. Yet I doubt this'll really be anything like Aoi Hana...
It'll have a lot more comedy, that I can guarantee you. Especially at times where the main girl Sumika may act like Fumi in Aoi Hana, but other times she can be a snarker like Kyon in Haruhi Suzumiya (plus there are other traits she has which I'm not going to spoil).
Old 2009-08-05, 16:38   Link #48
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

yeah, season seems pretty dry. i might catch up wth White Album to see what happens. but i remember that show being extremely painful to watch. i'mma go for some Winter Sonata too.. cause i like angst.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 02:50   Link #49
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

My prediction - at least for someone with my taste - is "not as good as summer but not horrible either", although there's far too many wildcards to really make a definitive judgement.

I would consider myself a multi-genre fan with a soft spot for well produced moe. Therefore, I consider a good season to be a season where I can pick 8 or more shows (preferably around 10-12) that I can get enthusiastic about watching and which meet the following criteria:
a) contains a wide variety of genres and subject materials
b) contains a solid shot of well produced moe.

I actually think this season will have more trouble meeting criteria b) than a). I am a firm believer in "not all otaku targetted shows are created equal" and would consider myself a discerning moe fan. I'm also not really feeling it for most of this season's moe selections, which is a bad sign since I have a fairly good track record predicting which entries in this genre I'm going to like.

(One nice thing about being a multi-genre fan - you're not as susceptible to the up and down swings of a particular genre.)

(P.S. "and plenty of moe, harem, bad eroge adaptations, etc." LOL - there are two erogame adaptations and neither are ones I'd peg as likely to be bad.)
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 02:59   Link #50
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
It'll have a lot more comedy, that I can guarantee you. Especially at times where the main girl Sumika may act like Fumi in Aoi Hana, but other times she can be a snarker like Kyon in Haruhi Suzumiya (plus there are other traits she has which I'm not going to spoil).
I like the Germany loli the most, who's so cute that the author have to draw her in chibi mode 99% of the time , otherwise readers would all turn to lolicon.....

But then we should not discuss about a single anime series here
Old 2009-08-07, 16:11   Link #51
Iron Maw
Banned

At this point I'II definitely watch Tegami Bachi/Letter Bee, Fairy Tail, Sacred Blacksmith, Darker Than Black 2, Kampfer and probably Kimi ni Todoke.

Everything else, I'II just wait for impressions.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2009-08-07 at 20:48.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-07, 18:34   Link #52
Fevvers
a regular van veen

What I'm definitely going to watch:

Trapeze - Must it be repeated? It's not everyday we get an anime from the same team who created Mononoke. Now if only Despera would be shown this upcoming season as well I wouldn't give a damn about the amount of what seems to be typical moe series!

What I might watch:

Kimi ni Todoke - The first chapter of the manga didn't impress me, in fact, it kinda put me off the whole thing. However seeing all the raves the manga has been getting in various sites does make me cautiously optimistic. And it also has I.G, involve in it, although I am desperately hoping that the Library Wars director will be given no hand in it.

The Sacred Blacksmith - Because Manglobe's involve and the red-headed girl looks cute. Haha. Shallow.

Darker than Black - I've watched the first season and while I do think the latter's plot was sloppily developed, I don't really like leaving things unfinished (unless it become intolerably horrible, that is).

Armed Librarians - Premise seems interesting, but the potential fanservice kinda worries me.
Fevvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-07, 19:47   Link #53
00JouS

I think I'll just watch Romance of the Three Kingdoms and Kobato, and maybe Trapeze (Mononoke was awesome, so if it's anything like that, it's a winner in my book).
The rest doesn't really seem that interesting, but maybe the first reviews can convince me otherwise
00JouS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-07, 21:16   Link #54
Plasma.

Couldn't they come up with a better name than Armed Librarians?
Plasma. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-07, 22:15   Link #55
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasma. View Post
Couldn't they come up with a better name than Armed Librarians?
haha I think that works, it caught my attention. I don't see any need for some cool name when the series is what its name says, Armed Librarians.
Could have been worse like "Killer spectacled, middle-aged women in cardigans" ......hmm well that would certainly be attention grabbing but little less cooler

Somthing I remembered about Heaven's Lost Property is it has a very funny scene that involves loads of panties, which I'll check out the series now just for that part
Old 2009-08-09, 06:01   Link #56
thiennhan

Does any one here have played the VN 11 eyes! I can't wait for the anime although the VN are not really good !
thiennhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 18:27   Link #57
Haladflire65
*Artist

Ooh, DTB season 2? I didn't realize it was starting so soon. Definately gonna watch that.

Eh, the others are, well, meh, really.
Old 2009-08-09, 19:33   Link #58
RailHeaven

I already have a long list of animes that I want to watch so I'm not going to watch any animes that are continuations of a previous series. This is going to be my first anime season so I'm not planning on tracking a ton of different shows.

The ones that I plan to watch:
A Certain Scientific Railgun - I read the Wikipedia article and the setting sounds really interesting. I hope that the plot and characters follow suit.

Letter Bee - I watched the OVA and thought that it was enjoyable. I hope that the series follows a story arc and isn't merely episodic (I don't mind episodic animes, I just don't think that Lag's job is interesting enough to support one).

Winter Sonata - Dramas are generally either big hits or big misses with me. I generally like comedy and action so to get into a drama I have to find the characters really compelling. We'll see about this one.

Fairy Tail - Looks like a light-hearted episodic anime (should be a good reprieve from more intense animes). Given the number of manga chapters that are already out, it seems that this anime could easily continue for some more seasons. It'll be nice to catch it when it starts rather than have to catch up on a ton of episodes.
RailHeaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-10, 15:31   Link #59
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Trapeze: I'll likely pass on this one as it doesn't sound that interesting to me.

Armed Librarians ~Book of Bantorra~: Err, I'm not sure what to think of this. Probably best to let others watch it first.

Darker Than Black ~Comet of Gemini~: I have yet to try out the first series and thus I doubt there's much point to even considering this second series.

A Certain Scientic Railgun: Over all, I liked "A Certain Magical Index" and thus I'll probably check this out. I should note however that unlike many I know I did not worship the ground that Mikoto walked on. Although I did eventually warm up to her. Hoping for an eventual season 2 to Index as Index was my favorite.

Letter Bee: I'll probably wait and see what's said about the first few episodes.

Romance of the Three Kingdoms: Nothing personal, but I doubt I'll be watching this one.

The Sacred Blacksmith: I'll put this one in the maybe catergory.

Fairy Tail: I'm honestly not sure what to think of this one right now.

Kobato: The girl is cute, but something about the plot description bothers me. I guess it's the whole "He or she must not...." part of it....

Kimi ni Todoke: It sounds like it could be interesting so I'm going to try out an episode or two.

Sasameki Koto: I'm likely to try out this series

Winter Sonata: No real interest in this to be honest.

Nyan Koi!: This will either be a fun series or an annoying series. I might try out a bit to see how it goes.

Natsu no Arashi 2: Due to mixed feelings while watching the first season, I often feel behind and then I caught up. I suspect it will be the same way with the second season. Ie the type of show I mainly watch to pass the time. Or maybe I'll pass on it completely. I'm not sure yet.

White Album 2: I eventually dropped the first season due to the fact I no longer wanted to suffer anymore of one of the worst male leads ever. So there's no way I'm even wasting time with the second season. As I do not hate myself.

11eyes: Just the title alone is probably enough to get me try a bit of this.

Inuyasha ~Final Act~: Considering how much time I invested in the original series, I'm likely to try this out. Hopefully it really will wrap up the story and won't waste too much time on random villages of randomness.

Asura Cryin 2: The more I think about it the more I realize my feelings on the first series were mixed. I'm thinking of just waiting for the series to finish airing first and save it for later. It might work better with fewer gaps between episodes.

Kamper: I have no idea what to think of this one. I guess it will depend on what it said about the first few episodes.

Heaven's Lost Property: For some reason, I'm just not feeling this one.

Seitokai no Ichizon: I'll put this in the maybe category.

Queen's Blade ~Heir to the Throne~:I have a better idea, I'll watch something else instead.

Shin Koihime Musou: I enjoyed the original series, so I'll likely try this out.

Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu: Purezza: I'll likely be watching this since the first episode was decent enough.

Jungle Emperor Leo: I'll pass on this one.

Battle Spirits Shounen Gekiha Dan: I'll pass on this one.

Yumeiro Pasissiere: It sounds like it could be cute, so I'll probably try out a bit of this.

Stich 2: Pass since I don't watch Stich in general.

Tamogotchi!: No interest in this one.
Old 2009-08-10, 20:31   Link #60
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
I'll probably watch everything out of interest. Always have to give a chance for new series no matter how stupid they may sound.

Though, I will not be watching any of the sequels as I haven't seen their first seasons either so what's the point.

I'm mostly waiting for Railgun though. Also supposedly SnS3 was supposed to come out before next year so why is it not listed anywhere ? D:.