AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-08, 19:20   Link #261
ShootingStars

omg im starting to read this COOL shounen romance
Old 2009-08-08, 19:50   Link #262
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Location: Where the morale of the people is as black as the sea.
I just started reading this today, it's kind of cool. I'm thinking it's gonna be good. Kind of disapointed that we have found out absolutly nothing about the girl yet. I mean when she was meeting with those two guys I thought she was gonna be some kind of assain or some government spy or something. I mean where the hell is she getting all these fighting skills from? I think she might be his half sister, his dad is a horn dog! Seriously though I think she could be.
Old 2009-08-08, 22:31   Link #263
ShootingStars

okay I HATE this manga...
there is no effort by guy to get the girl... the girl in implanted in plot with boy already -_-

not my style :P... unrealistic o-o
Old 2009-08-08, 23:57   Link #264
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

^ Only unrealistic part in the story is how she ended up living with him; the rest of it is pretty good. You should give it more of a chance; have you even read past the first chapter? :/
Old 2009-08-09, 01:37   Link #265
emessen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootingStars View Post
there is no effort by guy to get the girl... the girl in implanted in plot with boy already -_-

cuz realistically a 13 yr old should be able to get a 17 yr old girl,

if you're looking for the kind of realism that has the 2 main characters hook up in 6 chapters or less then read a one shot

or maybe you're hoping kouta tries to peek on the girl in the bathroom, or she's a shoutacon... if thats what you're looking for go look up some hentai
Old 2009-08-09, 05:10   Link #266
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootingStars View Post

the girl is not really interested in the boy. she is competing in popularity with Natsuki.
she invited him to the pool so he would praise her in how she look in a swiming suit.
Now that she knows that he and natsuki are not related and that she has a bunch of guys with her in the house she has to come too. she is just an attention hog.
Old 2009-08-09, 05:24   Link #267
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
the girl is not really interested in the boy. she is competing in popularity with Natsuki.
she invited him to the pool so he would praise her in how she look in a swiming suit.
Now that she knows that he and natsuki are not related and that she has a bunch of guys with her in the house she has to come too. she is just an attention hog.
Please don't peculate the fact that she wanted Kouta to look cool again like when he "saved" her from the bullies, so she actually has some kind of interest in him. Nevertheless i see that her main motivation is to compete with Natsuki but also see this slowly turning into jealousy - blushing-smile-faces when saved by the protagonist have never proven to be wrong.
Old 2009-08-09, 07:04   Link #268
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Please don't peculate the fact that she wanted Kouta to look cool again like when he "saved" her from the bullies, so she actually has some kind of interest in him. Nevertheless i see that her main motivation is to compete with Natsuki but also see this slowly turning into jealousy - blushing-smile-faces when saved by the protagonist have never proven to be wrong.
excuse me, a girl that ditch a guy because he no longer looks cool because he can't swim is really superficial. If she really had feelings for him and was a nice girl she could have stayed with him or give him some encouraging word. instead she made him feel like a loser by telling " if you couldn't swim, you should have said so". She just didn't want to be seen with him anymore. she wanted him to be cool because for this girl is all about how she look cool by being with a cool guy.

Now that everyone is coming to Kouta's house and she know they will be all over Natsuki, she also want part of the attention. It is not jelousy about Kouta being with Natsuki, it is about natsuki getting all the attention. She doesn't care much about the other guys, because she knows that Natsuki pays more attention to Kouta. We have seen this type of girl so much in real life and in manga, she is the type that she wants what other pretty girls have. Kouta is lucky that he has natsuki around to provide an incentive for this girl to be close to him or maybe he is unlucky because his heart is going to be so crushed once she find a new toy.
Old 2009-08-09, 08:13   Link #269
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
excuse me, a girl that ditch a guy because he no longer looks cool because he can't swim is really superficial. If she really had feelings for him and was a nice girl she could have stayed with him or give him some encouraging word. instead she made him feel like a loser by telling " if you couldn't swim, you should have said so". She just didn't want to be seen with him anymore. she wanted him to be cool because for this girl is all about how she look cool by being with a cool guy.

Now that everyone is coming to Kouta's house and she know they will be all over Natsuki, she also want part of the attention. It is not jelousy about Kouta being with Natsuki, it is about natsuki getting all the attention. She doesn't care much about the other guys, because she knows that Natsuki pays more attention to Kouta. We have seen this type of girl so much in real life and in manga, she is the type that she wants what other pretty girls have. Kouta is lucky that he has natsuki around to provide an incentive for this girl to be close to him or maybe he is unlucky because his heart is going to be so crushed once she find a new toy.
Introducing to you: character development. I never stated her main motivation to be anything other than her own selfishness but i can read the signs that hint towards development like with any tsundere (ye i think chances are high for her to be tsundere). What you do is interpreting a full-fledged personality based on her behavior with only 6 chapters available. Again i want to hint at her blushing face (that occured for the second time) , this is something that you can actually see with little room for diverging interpretations. This is not to say this is a set direction, the author can still go any route from here on and this discussion has little substance this early.
Old 2009-08-09, 08:36   Link #270
golthin

Quote:
Introducing to you: character development. I never stated her main motivation to be anything other than her own selfishness but i can read the signs that hint towards development like with any tsundere (ye i think chances are high for her to be tsundere)..
we are talking about the now and her true motives. it is not impossible that out of her selfishness she could develop true feelings. actually, it will be interesting if she became kouta's girl-friend and that she'd demand that Natsuki stop living with him. It will place kouta in a hard place.
Old 2009-08-09, 20:39   Link #271
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Its too early to be making concrete conclusions. Let's just sit back and see what happens. I doubt the author will disappoint.
Old 2009-08-09, 23:03   Link #272
Jze0
Hmmm...

Wow, Sakurai is really cute this chapter. Too bad shes still out shined by Natsuki. Can't really blame her for being upset when she loses to Natsuki, I mention who can't resist her.

I kind of agree with Waven, feels like Sakurai is doing what she's doing only to one up Natsuki and not for her feeling for Kouta. I could be wrong but we'll see what happens later.
Old 2009-08-10, 02:27   Link #273
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Quote:
attention hog.
You mean attention whore!

Quote:
So you mean whore as well then. OK I agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jze0 View Post
Wow, Sakurai is really cute this chapter. Too bad shes still out shined by Natsuki. Can't really blame her for being upset when she loses to Natsuki, I mention who can't resist her.

I kind of agree with Waven, feels like Sakurai is doing what she's doing only to one up Natsuki and not for her feeling for Kouta. I could be wrong but we'll see what happens later.
You're not wrong, she is just a little attentin needing whore, daddy didn't hug her enough as a baby. I don't know what this mangaka is doing though, I mean first this chic is like "oh, let me sleep wih my crotch in your mouth", and "we should take baths together so we ca see eachother naked". The she tells him he's touching too far up her legs in the pool, WTF X 2?! Come on give me a f@ckin break! Call the friggen cops already dumb s#it!!!! That is unless she starts really putting out! lol! I'm drunk, please excuse the language, I really do like this manga though, more for the art than the story I'm sorry to say.
Old 2009-08-10, 03:11   Link #274
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAQI View Post
You mean attention whore!
So you mean whore as well then. OK I agree!
whore really doesn't describe her. maybe you dislike her and you are just calling her a random demeaning name. Sakurai has not done anything that can qualify her to be a whore not even a bitch. Besides having an idol complex and being competitive with Natsuki about who gets more attention, she has not done anything bad, "YET".
Old 2009-08-10, 09:48   Link #275
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

have a nice hangover :P
Old 2009-08-10, 16:53   Link #276
MAQI
Varcolac cu trei capete

Quote:
whore really doesn't describe her. maybe you dislike her and you are just calling her a random demeaning name. Sakurai has not done anything that can qualify her to be a whore not even a bitch. Besides having an idol complex and being competitive with Natsuki about who gets more attention, she has not done anything bad, "YET".
"Attention Whore" means will do anything at anytime with anyone for attention. So far she has done quite a bit, but because of her age I guess I should call her attention slut. She only wanted him to look cool while saving her, she wants to be the damsil in distress being saved by the hero so she can be in the spotlight. She doesn't really care about much else.

Quote:
have a nice hangover :P
No hangover my friend, I know when to say when. :b
Old 2009-08-11, 07:51   Link #277
neshru

Does anyone really like this manga? I find the plot uninspired and boring, the characters plain and often unlikable (the male lead in particular is just pathetic), and it's not even good enough as a fanservice series.
Old 2009-08-11, 08:25   Link #278
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
Does anyone really like this manga? I find the plot uninspired and boring, the characters plain and often unlikable (the male lead in particular is just pathetic), and it's not even good enough as a fanservice series.
I like the premise of the manga, but I have to agree that the author has yet to show something to hook people with. For example, Tauka seemed to have been ignoring Sakurai at first, but now all of sudden he has developed interest on her after she invited him to the pool.
Old 2009-08-11, 09:10   Link #279
Johnny
Working the bags...

Dunno, looks like he's interested in this page. Instead of ignoring I think it was more of her tough to talk aura type of thing...
http://www.onemanga.com/Ane_Doki/1/11/
Old 2009-08-11, 18:22   Link #280
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
Yes, I like it. I think you're over-critical.
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen