AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

View Poll Results: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 70 54.69%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 42 32.81%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 9.38%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 0.78%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.78%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-10, 14:12   Link #41
Sorceresspol

The fight scene between Lust and Mustang...I'm at a loss for words.
Spoiler for episode 19:
Old 2009-08-10, 15:01   Link #42
Dop
Mmmm....

Wow. I mean, Lust was pretty awesome, but Mustang was awesomer than awesome.
Burn baby burn...

I'm really going to have to read the manga, now.
Old 2009-08-10, 15:12   Link #43
takachsh
Unagi, Rice Bowl Love

I have to agree with alot of people, that the animation just sky rocketed during the lust/mustang fight. That was some of the best animation yet in FMA.

Next episode sure looks like theres going to be some tears, and anger
Old 2009-08-10, 17:03   Link #44
Vicioushellsing

Excellent episode. I gave it a 9 for the cut scenes and always sucks seeing a hot chick die. Though to be honest episode would have been a little crowded with another fight in it.
Old 2009-08-10, 21:37   Link #45
typhonsentra

Best episode so far by a long shot. Shocking to see Lust go this early but it was a great finish.
Old 2009-08-10, 22:22   Link #46
crX-

Amazing as always, enjoyed the al/winry and riza scene. I might just start reading the manga.
Old 2009-08-10, 22:54   Link #47
superzombie23

Riza/Al/Roy vs Lust was the BEST scene so far!!!!1 I might just start reading the manga like some others are thinking too after seeing this episode XD.
Old 2009-08-10, 23:11   Link #48
Plasma.

Lust can't be dead. She was one of the most awesome characters in anime period.

Are they planning to finish the series of very quickly? How many episodes are there going to be?
Old 2009-08-11, 01:04   Link #49
Karlson
Jumping...is useless!

I really don't know what score to give in this episode. It was so very well done that it was definitely worthy of a 10 rating as the parts with Roy and gang were executed damn near flawlessly but the exclusion of that other fight...for a number of reasons it bothers me so. I don't want to go into any details as there's too much risk of spoiling future events (for those that havn't read the manga) if I do, but to me it was a very important fight that I thought Bones could not afford to skip. Guess we were wrong. I have no idea how they plan to work around that change without it feeling really awkward now.

However I am glad to see that this episode has prompted interest in people to go read the manga. It is very much worth the read even if it's not completely finished yet.

Last edited by Karlson; 2009-08-14 at 17:16.
Old 2009-08-11, 04:35   Link #50
ahmad

Amazing episode! I had no idea the colonel would do that to lust
I want to check the manga out too now. Anyone knows which chapter corresponds to this episode?
Old 2009-08-11, 05:07   Link #51
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmad View Post
I want to check the manga out too now. Anyone knows which chapter corresponds to this episode?
Chapter 40 is what you're looking for, though the Xerxes scenes happens then, and not before the whole Mustang group vs Lust story.

I wouldn't recommend starting the manga from there anyway. Read from the beginning, because there's been quite a bit missed out so far. Plus it being one of my all time favorites means i won't agree if someone just skips 10 volumes.
Old 2009-08-11, 05:36   Link #52
Vicious108

Definitely start the manga from the beggining. You'll get to read tons of cool stuff that didn't make it into Brotherhood.
Old 2009-08-11, 10:39   Link #53
davie

The battle scene between Roy and Lust was well animated. Favorite part was Riza crying near the end ;_;

Spoiler for Ep 19:

Can't say for sure if BONES is going to leave out Ling's fight. I think BONES wanted to do start and finish each fight continuously instead of switching between scenes several times. The Xings' fight had a lot of importance to it so I'm guessing their fight will be shown next week.
Old 2009-08-11, 10:46   Link #54
taichi-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by davie View Post
The battle scene between Roy and Lust was well animated. Favorite part was Riza crying near the end ;_;

Spoiler for Ep 19:

Can't say for sure if BONES is going to leave out Ling's fight. I think BONES wanted to do start and finish each fight continuously instead of switching between scenes several times. The Xings' fight had a lot of importance to it so I'm guessing their fight will be shown next week.
I hope so , this fight is awesome

well I must say chapter 19 was epic!!!!!!!!! best episode ever !!!!!!! roy mustang rulzzz
Old 2009-08-11, 11:02   Link #55
Vicious108

Quote:

Spoiler for Ep 19:

I'd say there's zero chance of that happening, what with the preview showing stuff that happens 3 chapters from now. There's no way they're going to cover 3 chapters and still include that fight in one episode.
Old 2009-08-11, 11:05   Link #56
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
The Xings' fight had a lot of importance to it so I'm guessing their fight will be shown next week.
I hope it's not shown next episode, because it would totally ruin the episode. It's obvious going by the preview that they plan to focus it all around Hoenheim, and what takes place after that. Adding in a fight scene that shouldn't take place then will completely destroy that.
Old 2009-08-11, 12:48   Link #57
Tamatebako

Hello,

can anybody tell me, how

Spoiler for episode 19:
Old 2009-08-11, 12:52   Link #58
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamatebako View Post
Hello,

can anybody tell me, how

Spoiler for episode 19:
Through repeated killings, the souls contained in the philosopher's stone are depleted and when the number of those souls reaches zero the homunculus is no longer invulnerable and dies for keeps.
Old 2009-08-11, 12:56   Link #59
Tamatebako

Ah thank you. So it is possible, if you have an machine-gun and you target at the philospher stone, you can kill a homunculus too?
Old 2009-08-11, 13:11   Link #60
ChronoReverse

You can't destroy a philosopher's stone that way. There's likely another way of course but that goes into spoilers.
Closed Thread