AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-12, 12:44   Link #881
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
No. DVD numbering was revealed, it disproves any such thing. We already can say the contents of 14 known episodes with 90% accuracy.
The only thing we can hope is that it will go after 28 episode, with either another cour or a movie.
Could be a cour or two 'break' then return with another cour or two... that seems to be the most likely to me.
Old 2009-08-12, 12:44   Link #882
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
This probably just mean that they are doing Disappearance and it will be realesed someday soon. Again, I believe that the Newtype just mistake the images and the article.

It will only be a lie(like many are saying) if we get nothing by the end of next year.

PP:
What is a 'cour'?
Old 2009-08-12, 12:46   Link #883
Dakota
disregard that (″°-°)ﺩ-

Send a message via AIM to Dakota Send a message via MSN to Dakota
I've discussed this.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?p=2565740
Old 2009-08-12, 12:47   Link #884
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
Again, I believe that the Newtype just mistake the images and the article.
Again, this image is original for this article.
Mistakes like this do not happen.

Quote:
What is a 'cour'?
Season count. Cour = 3 months, usually from 10 to 15 episodes.
Old 2009-08-12, 12:52   Link #885
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
What is a 'cour'?
Quote:
Seasons are usually one or two cours. This 'rebroadcast' season of haruhi is 28 episodes over 6 months, and thus two cours but one 'television season'.
Old 2009-08-12, 12:54   Link #886
Heatth

Quote:
Again, this image is original for this article.
Mistakes like this do not happen.
What do you mean? Kadokawa give then an image and a piece of information (not necessarily at same time). Newtype make a article using both, eve not knowing if they are related.

This assuming the image is official, I don't know if Newtype can make their own images.

Quote:
Thanks
Old 2009-08-12, 13:01   Link #887
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
No. DVD numbering was revealed, it disproves any such thing.
...How does the DVD numbering prove that Sighs won't be skipped?

Maybe I'm being dense today (if so, apologies), but I just don't follow what DVD numbering as to do with content selection.

Quote:
We already can say the contents of 14 known episodes with 90% accuracy.
The only thing we can hope is that it will go after 28 episode, with either another cour or a movie.
But if it's a movie, why promote it in an article about the renewal season?
I guess that a season extension is possible...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
Some interesting points on that thread.

This all seems a bit surreal to me. Daniel is right about how this image isn't a mistake - it can't be a mistake when the article content itself refers back to the image. So... they're promoting Disappearance content, and in the same article that they're promoting the renewal season.

Yet... we have only 5 episodes left, and most here strongly hold that Sighs won't be drastically cut short or skipped, so... are we at a point where we can expect an extension beyond 28 episodes for this year, and that this extension is Disappearance?
Old 2009-08-12, 13:05   Link #888
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
...How does the DVD numbering prove that Sighs won't be skipped?
Do you know Haruhi DVD numbering scheme?
They are numbered chronologically from 1 to 7, each contains 2 episodes (7th contains 1) and then there is Mikuru's Adventure DVD, which isn't "DVD 0" or anything, it's just separate.

2009 DVDs numbering scheme has been revealed and confirmed.
First DVD (with BLR) is named "4: BLR" because it goes chronologically between episodes on original DVD4, and the rest of DVDs are numbered 5.xxxxxxx, where xxxxxx is usually a fraction of seven (the third is a 5+3/13 and the last is 5.999999). But that means that the content should chronologically be before DVD6, which is Livealive and The Day of Saggitarius III.

The only thing that's left before Livealive in novels are Sighs.

Quote:
I guess that a season extension is possible...
Yes, yes, it is possible, 3 years should be enough to draw 28 new episodes, the only thing is, Kadokawa keeps complete silence on what are they really going to do.
Old 2009-08-12, 13:06   Link #889
Dakota
disregard that (″°-°)ﺩ-

Send a message via AIM to Dakota Send a message via MSN to Dakota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Yet... we have only 5 episodes left, and most here strongly hold that Sighs won't be drastically cut short or skipped, so... are we at a point where we can expect an extension beyond 28 episodes for this year, and that this extension is Disappearance?
With the way the relaunch has been going, don't expect anything and you won't be dissappointed.

Quote:
Ep. 00 is chronologically before Live Alive.
Old 2009-08-12, 13:09   Link #890
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Do you know Haruhi DVD numbering scheme?
They are numbered chronologically from 1 to 7, each contains 2 episodes (7th contains 1) and then there is Mikuru's Adventure DVD, which isn't "DVD 0" or anything, it's just separate.

2009 DVDs numbering scheme has been revealed and confirmed.
First DVD (with BLR) is named "4: BLR" because it goes chronologically between episodes on original DVD4, and the rest of DVDs are numbered 5.xxxxxxx, where xxxxxx is usually a fraction of seven (the third is a 5+3/13 and the last is 5.999999). But that means that the content should chronologically be before DVD6, which is Livealive and The Day of Saggitarius III.

Ah... I see your point. Thanks for laying it out like that for me.

Quote:
Yes, yes, it is possible, 3 years should be enough to draw 28 new episodes, the only thing is, Kadokawa keeps complete silence on what are they really going to do.
Quote:
With the way the relaunch has been going, don't expect anything and you won't be dissappointed.

So, between the two of these... hope for the best, but be prepared for the worst. It is Kadokawa, after all.
Old 2009-08-12, 13:10   Link #891
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
"Ep. 00" has already been produced.
Just for the note, it isn't Episode 00 of The Melancholy, it is episode 00 of Asahina Mikuru's Adventure. The fact that it has always been the first in order... Well, it doesn't apply anymore.
Old 2009-08-12, 13:50   Link #892
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth

Quote:
It just says "The story begins anew, once again on stage", blah, blah with a tagline "And then, the time has started to move".

Ryoko and Yuki descriptions actually refer to their Disappearance roles a bit. Like stating that Ryoko shouldn't be there like that.

Little stuff in black is just technical info, staff, cast, the date of airing (starting April)
Well, it could be referring to the Haruhi Suzumiya story as a whole which would mean that Vanishment could be referenced because it is a part of the whole. And that the story as a whole begins again in April. Which would mean Kadokawa didn't lie, just very carefully worded things while probably knowing the fans would assume something else. I wouldn't put that past them, myself.

Here's the next spread from the feature (and the last it seems from what I can make from the pages):

Second full spread

That just seems to be a bunch of stuff about TMoHS.

Heminga13: Speculating and anticipating 'The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya' movie since August 3, 2009.
Old 2009-08-12, 14:08   Link #893
A. Esbee
Suffused with Sound

What about this week's edition of Newtype, the one about "Endless Eight"? Is there any info/suspiciously chosen artwork in it?

If you're looking for fic ...
LJ FFN
Old 2009-08-12, 14:31   Link #894
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
What do you mean? Kadokawa give then an image and a piece of information (not necessarily at same time). Newtype make a article using both, eve not knowing if they are related.

This assuming the image is official, I don't know if Newtype can make their own images.
Newtype is published by Kadokawa. It is partially their own propaganda magazine and partially an anime information magazine. Kadokawa themselves is putting the content they are having produced in Newtype. There is 0 degrees of separation between the two.
Old 2009-08-12, 14:48   Link #895
Heatth

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
Newtype is published by Kadokawa. It is partially their own propaganda magazine and partially an anime information magazine. Kadokawa themselves is putting the content they are having produced in Newtype. There is 0 degrees of separation between the two.
Oh, I see.

Still, will be not a lie if we get Disappearance soon. But, yeah, it is suspicious. True.

However, I believe this is a sign that they are planing a Disappearance anime.
Old 2009-08-12, 15:07   Link #896
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Only in the anime. The novel version is after it. That part at the end of the episode where the Brigade is screening the movie? Anime-original content.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-08-12, 15:19   Link #897
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Esbee View Post
What about this week's edition of Newtype, the one about "Endless Eight"? Is there any info/suspiciously chosen artwork in it?
Don't really know yet. The only thing out there is the cover of the magazine and then the excerpt from an interview (The Endless Eight movie joke). There probably won't be anything more until someone gets a copy after it ships overseas and posts a blog. At least something in English anyway.

Edit - Scans have been posted in the image thread. Now I just wish I had some translations (it looks like there was a fairly large interview).

Heminga13: Speculating and anticipating 'The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya' movie since August 3, 2009.

Last edited by Heminga13; 2009-08-12 at 20:48.
Old 2009-08-12, 20:28   Link #898
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
Right now (literally), the otaku population is queing up for comiket 76 (some have got in already actually), lets hope they come out with some good news from Kyoani at the end of the day... or day 3

禁則事項です
Old 2009-08-12, 23:14   Link #899
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
New Newtype scans
Heminga13, "International Version" doesn't mean it is intended for worldwide distribution. It just means it has english language somewhere. ;D The same with "International Version"s of FF7, FF10 and Final Fantasy 12 - they had english language, but never got outside of Japan.

Other sheets do not really hint of anything anywhere, they are just describing the Endless Eight. Letters are staff reaction to endless eight and summer vacances theme, I think. Still nothing.

Quote:
Old Newtype scan
Nope, still nothing.

Yeah.
Old 2009-08-12, 23:18   Link #900
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth

Quote:
Heminga13, "International Version" doesn't mean it is intended for worldwide distribution. It just means it has english language somewhere. ;D The same with "International Version"s of FF7, FF10 and Final Fantasy 12 - they had english language, but never got outside of Japan.
Yeah, I was kind of trying to make a joke lol. I didn't know international versions were common, though. Of course, I don't usually pay close attention to stuff released outside the U.S. lol

Also...it's less than 12 hours until the next episode airs. Now that Endless Eight is over my anticipation is quite a bit less :/. I guess the anxiousness of wanting to see if 'next one is the last' really got me going each week lol. Doesn't mean I'm not looking forward to finding out if Sigh I is indeed going to be the last 'new' story arc, though. I think the possibility of a sports day episode is pretty slim but we'll see.

Last edited by Heminga13; 2009-08-12 at 23:39.
Closed Thread

Tags
kadokawa, science fiction, shounen