AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-08-14, 03:55   Link #41
calorie

Well I use these old, super-cheap Philips SBC HP200 headphones and what can I say...they're solid. Nothing fancy though, and they get kind of uncomfortable after some 2-3 episodes of anime.

calorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-14, 12:14   Link #42
Neat Hedgehog
Hack of all trades

I'm running the Steelseries 5h V2 set.

Maybe not the best headphones you can buy, but they're a lot better than the old USB DSP500 from Plantronics that I was using before. Way more comfortable, too.
Neat Hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-14, 18:45   Link #43
Epyon9283
Geek

Send a message via ICQ to Epyon9283 Send a message via AIM to Epyon9283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
I use a pair of Grado Lab SR 60. The ear frame is made from wood with leather head band. Looks like something you get from the 60s or 70s but when it comes to sound clarity..... it really blows my mind.

When i got the money, gonna sink a bit more and get the higher series. SR60 cost me about around 80 USD which is really cheap for it's quality.
I have the same headphones. They're pretty awesome for the price.
Epyon9283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-16, 03:23   Link #44
slayer
essense

Send a message via MSN to slayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
That's some serious gear. I was under the impression that the older x-fis could only pass through a digital stream though. I didn't know they could do digital output for other sources.

(Also curious as to why the x-fi in particular, since I would have thought that there wasn't much point to a separate sound card if you're using digital out anyway.)

I can't really afford serious stuff at the moment, so I'm making due with a Koss SB-40 headset. If I win the lottery I'll definitely buy some serious cans though. And then e-mail some of the cosplaying girls I've met at cons and try and convince them to model them for me. Because I'd probably get some serious camera equipment too.
I switch out the dac for games..

I don't really like using the caox out the x-fi it's just for convenience for games...

The x-fi is still the source.. but it can digital output coax or even optic signals if you have that particular attachment from creative.. the source I count from the dac.. if it's digital it's digital.. if it's bit perfect.. or resampled.. that's another story.. i've yet to check.
slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-16, 06:54   Link #45
Ending

There's an interesting, new headphone coming out soon.

Quote:
"It's been decades since there was any innovation to headphones' core technology of simply placing a speaker at each ear" remarks James Hildebrandt, CEO of Psyko Audio Labs. "Essentially, all other headphone designs deliver left sounds into your left ear and right sounds into your right ear. We offer a fundamental break from this limiting paradigm. We accurately position each speaker in the headphone bridge and then, using our patent pending Psyko Waveguide Technology, we deliver every sound to both ears, with the correct timing, volume variations, and front and back flow directions found in a natural 3D sound field."
Not sure if it's going to be any good, but probably worth a try when I upgrade my rig.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-05, 15:38   Link #46
Jarmel

Got the HD800. Wadia 27 DAC and a new tube amp by Eddie Current coming.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-05, 19:08   Link #47
Shadow Kira01

I recently got new headphones.

The longer I wear it, the more uncomfortable it gets..

However, it provides dynamic audio output!
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 07:32   Link #48
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

My old headphones.

Then, one fine day, one of my clients went into a rage and broke them. (I'm a cousellor.)

Now... anyone wants to buy me a new one??
Old 2009-09-09, 17:45   Link #49
Timdog

2nd pair of Sennheiser HD 280 pros.

First pair lasted about 5 years which is amazing compared to every other cans I've had. Most broke within 3 months but my Sennheiser pair worked for 5 years then the right ear went out. Tried some Bose headphones but those broke (one side came off of the band) so went right back to the 280 pros. They give good sound and barely let out any which is very useful in college.
Timdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 17:54   Link #50
Cinocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordplay View Post
There's an interesting, new headphone coming out soon.

Not sure if it's going to be any good, but probably worth a try when I upgrade my rig.
Sure sound interesting, though it doesn't look so. The outer design is a turn-off for me, not to mention the $300 tag they put on the product.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 20:50   Link #51
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

I recently got a pair of Bose On Ear Headphones. Although not noise canceling like my Sony ones, the sound pretty good, but the only problem is that some people can't hear the mids although the lows and highs are more emphasized. Had to adjust the equalizer since it was set to Bass Booster and it produced too much bass. They sound better with 320 kbps MP3 and Apple Lossless/FLAC files... but they don't sound good if you use 128 kbps files since these headphones can easily tell how low the bitrate is.

These headphones although sound good are expensive at the price point they sell it at... and I think other headphones can sound the same as this at a cheaper price. The good thing is that they are comfortable, have a detachable cord and a hard carrying case. Also, it doesn't have the buzzing noise when I use them with the iPhone since the Sony Noise Canceling Headphones interfere with my iPhone's cellphone signal.

Old 2009-11-16, 21:27   Link #52
lixuelai

I use AudioTechnica ATH-A900 and ATH-AD700 at school and ATH-W5000 at home. 5000 is a bit expensive to leave around the dorm.
lixuelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 09:19   Link #53
Akira Kogami
LC Host

Send a message via MSN to Akira Kogami

As expensive as they are,
I'm currently obsessed with them.
This is the current pair of "SkullCandy"
headphones I use most often.

Spoiler for SkullCandy Headphones:
Akira Kogami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-24, 03:06   Link #54
DoktaTenma

AKG K240 are my main cans & Sennheiser px100 for portable use, though I need some that block out moar noise for plane trips.
DoktaTenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-24, 03:32   Link #55
Takeru
Jag äter idioter
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Takeru
I have a pair of Sennheiser HD201s that I use when doing anything serious.
Spoiler for Sennheiser HD201:

I also have a pair of JVC Marshmallow earbuds that I use when I'm on the go.
Spoiler for JVC Marshmallow:
Old 2009-12-24, 03:50   Link #56
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Still have my Bose triport, but also now have

Spoiler for Sennheiser HD595:

and
Spoiler for Sony MDR-V6:

Scouting around for some good earbuds now. Any suggestions?

Co-host of Kaiseki Anime Podcast
Find us on Apple Podcasts and Google Play

AniList

Sig: HSxHoneycomb
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-24, 03:57   Link #57
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

I'm probably already in this thread and I've been a headphone-phile for years...I've had the ridiculously overrated and expensive Bose and everything else in-between...I'm extremely picky and downright OCD when it comes to my usage of headphones for years, but despite everything I've endured I can't stop my addiction to these 5 dollar, find at any dollar store headphones that are simply the best...i don't understand the physics behind it but these headphones simple have more bombastic and overall richness than any other I've ever consistently used...

And they would be:

Spoiler for drumroll...:

LMAO, yeah I'm on the previous page talking about this, but it was 9 months ago, sue me...

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...2&postcount=34

Last edited by wingdarkness; 2009-12-24 at 04:09.
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-24, 05:21   Link #58
mg1942

I bought Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 IEMs on sale for $49.99 (MSRP: $399) 3 weeks ago.

Forget full sized headphones... my quest for better sound is over.

Some speakers make you feel like you're in the studio, others make you feel like you're listening by the studio, and each headphone is different. This is called soundstage, and the Triple fi 10s reproduce it very well.
mg1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-24, 06:42   Link #59
JRendell
Manga Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeru View Post
I have a pair of Sennheiser HD201s that I use when doing anything serious.
Spoiler for Sennheiser HD201:
Same here, Sennheiser rules

I'm also thinking of getting these;

http://www.roccat.org/Products/Gamin...d/ROCCAT-Kave/

Spoiler for image:
JRendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-24, 14:13   Link #60
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Audio-Technica ATH-AD700 that have not really survived my homelessness well. They're in pretty bad shape... a good two feet of the cable by the entry to the earcup has gone totally stiff. The pads are badly worn.

They still sound just as good as always, though.

Etymotic Research HF5 w/ med. Shure black foams "olives" are my go-to headphones now, but they badly need new foams and filters. Money's been scarce though so yeah.

Wanting to get custom fit IEMs, either LiveWires or Freqs. UE customs are too expensive and too unforgiving for most sources. Still also wanting AD2000s, but the $500-600 price tag means later, after other, more important purchases (like a new PC).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg1942 View Post
I bought Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 IEMs on sale for $49.99 (MSRP: $399) 3 weeks ago.

Forget full sized headphones... my quest for better sound is over.

Some speakers make you feel like you're in the studio, others make you feel like you're listening by the studio, and each headphone is different. This is called soundstage, and the Triple fi 10s reproduce it very well.
Did you seriously get Trips for $50? That's ridiculous. Who the hell would sell new triple.fi 10 for $50 when used pairs still sell for $200+?!