AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2009-08-24, 15:37   Link #101
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Well, the Gudams are out of the way, now...the villains. I know that 9/10 Gundam fans are against aliens, but I suppose I'm the minority. I think it would be an interesting and pivitole approach.

I mean, more Innovades makes sense, but....how? First off, the Innovades sent out by Veda are sent out by...Veda, so how can they be bad? All they do is just gather a more in-depth look at humans.

Secondly, what is this talk I keep hearing about people at Jupiter? If that's were "goods" come from, wouldn't that make everyone there an allie to CB? Even IF there are people aiming to start conflict again, how do they go un-noticed?

Doesn't Earth have telescopes anymore? Even today we can see Jupiter pretty well from Earth with telescopes, you'd figure by the year 23rd century, Jupiter couldn't fart without Earth knowing. (Figure of speech)
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 15:55   Link #102
Gilgamesh00

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Doesn't Earth have telescopes anymore? Even today we can see Jupiter pretty well from Earth with telescopes, you'd figure by the year 23rd century, Jupiter couldn't fart without Earth knowing. (Figure of speech)
GN particles can hide the entire planet...
Gilgamesh00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 16:01   Link #103
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Well, the Gudams are out of the way, now...the villains. I know that 9/10 Gundam fans are against aliens, but I suppose I'm the minority. I think it would be an interesting and pivitole approach.
While I probably wouldn't mind a Gundam series to actually deal with aliens, I find the idea uncomfortable for my sensibilities. Call me close-minded, but doing that would render Gundam... not Gundam

Besides, thats really Macross' territory. On the other hand, if you want to see Gundams squaring off against Aliens, well, we've got Super Robot Wars

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 16:04   Link #104
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilgamesh00 View Post
GN particles can hide the entire planet...
So, you'd find that normal? One day just looking through a telescope and seeing that it fucking isn't there anymore?

Yeah, great cover up, go hide something so big that making it disappear would actually draw MORE attention than a base.
Old 2009-08-24, 16:59   Link #105
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
While I probably wouldn't mind a Gundam series to actually deal with aliens, I find the idea uncomfortable for my sensibilities. Call me close-minded, but doing that would render Gundam... not Gundam
Agreed. Sure it would be something seeing the franchise do something different, though adding aliens is a little to different for my liking.
Old 2009-08-24, 17:05   Link #106
Tak

Quote:
Yeah, great cover up, go hide something so big that making it disappear would actually draw MORE attention than a base.
The problem though, humanity is too occupied to actually deal with anything else right now. Besides, the lack of FTL travel in Gundam means that it could take days, if not weeks or months to reach Jupiter. I doubt any organization at this time would have the time and resources to actually care about anything outside of the immediate boundaries of Earth.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-08-24, 17:10   Link #107
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
The problem though, humanity is too occupied to actually deal with anything else right now. Besides, the lack of FTL travel in Gundam means that it could take days, if not weeks or months to reach Jupiter. I doubt any organization at this time would have the time and resources to actually care about anything outside of the immediate boundaries of Earth.

- Tak
Come on now, there has be some scientists still looking out there. No way something like Jupiter disappearing would go un-noticed.

Also, don't really need a telescope, Jupiter can be seen from Earth, albeit as a glowing star, but still. I think somebody would get a wiff of Jupiter not being there any more.
Old 2009-08-24, 17:21   Link #108
Tak

Quote:
Come on now, there has be some scientists still looking out there. No way something like Jupiter disappearing would go un-noticed.

Also, don't really need a telescope, Jupiter can be seen from Earth, albeit as a glowing star, but still. I think somebody would get a wiff of Jupiter not being there any more.
Its not that Jupiter disappeared, but I think the notion is that Jupiter camouflaged itself to pretend that it is still a dead star in order to prevent others from knowing what is actually going on.

Again, humanity is too busy to remotely care. Sure, if Jupiter disappeared and scientists raise the issue of a large star being unavailable within the Solar System, who exactly has the resources to remotely care, aside from a shrug? Only the Celestial Being, for now.

- Tak

Old 2009-08-24, 17:27   Link #109
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Well, having an antagonist come from there with an army or whatever isn't all that....sensible, IMO.

Either way, I'm sure what they're cooking up will be good.
Old 2009-08-24, 20:08   Link #110
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
no aliens please!, its just a Jupiter Empire from Crossbone Gundam wannabe,
but less stylish
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 20:28   Link #111
Gilgamesh00

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
no aliens please!, its just a Jupiter Empire from Crossbone Gundam wannabe,
but less stylish
You will see intangible aliens called True Celestial Beins wanting connect all Humanity with the "Cosmic Will".
Gilgamesh00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 21:43   Link #112
mike_s_6

smileydays' blogger compiles his/her thoughts about the chibi film:

http://smileydays.blog.shinobi.jp/Entry/1621/

Quote:
I completely don't understand what it means lol

- Tieria appears as a person without solid form. As a hologram?
- Neil appears again (Perhaps he is arranged to appear in a flashback or something)
- Neil leads the Meisters and Marie without Lyle (I think that this is a hint of something that will possibly come)
- Why are there many dead people in the bakery lol
- The Sergei family, and Louise's group reunite in the bakery (Why a bakery?)
- The bread that Setsuna and gang are eating is a Gundam face bread. (I think this stands for something...)
- Anew is not with the dead Innovade group! (Does Anew appear in some form?)
- I think there's some sort of hint in the souvenir photograph's composition.
- What is that mysterious Gundam in the ending about lol
I think there's a bit of deserved paranoia regarding that chibi film :P
mike_s_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 21:54   Link #113
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

& about the SEED Jupiter space whales joke, there is a bit of an irony with U.C. Crossbone Gundam's Jupiter Empire...

well, if you noticed that most of the Jupiter Empire's mobile weapons models were based after AQUATIC creatures such as fish, crabs, sharks, oysters, to silly ones like Scuba diving suits, to mermaids, etc.

& not to mention they are also experts in BIOLOGICAL technology, shown as they were capable of cloning Amuro Ray in mobile suit form, also the same with the fake Crux Dogaties in MA forms

so its possible the C.E. SEED space whales were actually remants of the U.C. Jupiter Empire (in a NON-logical fandom way, the same with SEED Astray's infamous 8-computer system, believed to be from Amuro's RX-78-2 core fighter) & that "Space Whale" is actually a bio-organic type mobile armor or a space ship created by the Jupiter Empire, long ago
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Old 2009-08-24, 22:15   Link #114
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
& about the SEED Jupiter space whales joke, there is a bit of an irony with U.C. Crossbone Gundam's Jupiter Empire...
I suspect SEED's space whale joke was a reference to...

Spoiler for This dude:

- Tak (I think the hint was provided the moment Lacus started singing in a battle...)

Old 2009-08-24, 22:26   Link #115
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

^ Space Whale pilot: "oh noes!! we got under attack by poachers!!" *rushes back towards the Jupiter Empire*
Old 2009-08-24, 22:36   Link #116
mike_s_6

Remember when Mizushima (was it? Or Kuroda?) said that there were characters planned to die in S2, but didn't because of the movie announcement? Well is has been recently revealed that Feldt was initially planned to die while saving Mileina. I'm not sure if it is really related, but it sounds to me as such.

http://blog.goo.ne.jp/kouryakukan/e/...13178dbd07bbef
Old 2009-08-24, 22:39   Link #117
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_s_6 View Post
Remember when Mizushima (was it? Or Kuroda?) said that there were characters planned to die in S2, but didn't because of the movie announcement? Well is has been recently revealed that Feldt was initially planned to die while saving Mileina. I'm not sure if it is really related, but it sounds to me as such.

I'm Glad that didn't happen. Desu Yellow was my most hated 00 character. Other way around is more like it.
Speaking of Mileina, She'll be older in the movie won't she? Hopefully she'll stop adding "Desu" Onto Everything by then.
Foreshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 22:55   Link #118
mike_s_6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreshadow View Post
I'm Glad that didn't happen. Desu Yellow was my most hated 00 character. Other way around is more like it.
Speaking of Mileina, She'll be older in the movie won't she? Hopefully she'll stop adding "Desu" Onto Everything by then.
I am actually supportive of Mileina, in that she's following her father's route of being the group's comic reliever. I didn't like her at the beginning, but once everyone was acting real sulky, it was nice to have someone who genuinely acted with humor and innocence.

Not to say that I would have traded her for Feldt though. Either of them can die and I don't think I'd care too much (this actually goes to a LOT of characters)
Old 2009-08-24, 23:00   Link #119
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Yeah, but unlike every other pairing in 00, I am willing to give Allelujah the benefit of the doubt because he worked his arse to get Marie, and nearly losing his life in the process. Does that relationship totally makes sense? Well, not quite. But the way he worked at it? ... I'd say give it to him, he deserved every single bit of that.

- Tak
They could always pull an Athrun/Cagalli/Meyrin. You know, the whole "yep yep, uhuhu, we went to a ton of trouble to get these two together in the first series and it seemed to work, but Meyrin is getting popular so whatever, just set Athrun up with her now instead".

Of course this isn't Fukuda and Mizushima seems about as willing as Tomino to be told how to do his job (within reason because honestly you have to make compromises if you want to work this job) so that's less likely to happen.

Quote:
Andrei a Meister? I want a petion to ban such ideas. 5th meister MUST be Marie.

Anew alive? Explosions must be a good way to avoid death these days...
Well we see Somari hanging out on the ship in the chibi trailer along with the rest of the meisters so I think it's safe to say that she's the 5th meister now. I'm hoping she at least gets a Gundam Type this time, but either way I support the inclusion of a female meister just the same. That group needs some serious balancing out on so many levels, but at least this is a start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_s_6 View Post

Wouldn't that have just been a total rehash of Christina and Feldt from season 1? I'm actually glad they didn't go with that then, because I feel Feldt has potential as a character. Whether or not they feel the same at Sunrise and want to use her more in the movie I don't know, but at least the door is still open at any rate.

Anyway whats wrong with funnels. 00 actually has a budget that gets used properly so odds are it won't look like Strike Freedom standing all by it's lonesome letting the same shot of funnel type weapons fly in behind the enemy and take them out effortlessly. Plus if 00 has taught us anything Fangs tend to get shot down at about the same rate they do in U.C. Funny that whole idea to actually duck, dive and shoot at something that is trying to shoot you down. If there are funnels I picture them being more like U.C funnels, rather than Dragoons.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2009-08-24 at 23:11.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 23:14   Link #120
tieria.erde
T-chan fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreshadow View Post
I thought she was fun to watch
tieria.erde is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam 00 movie