AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-26, 12:51   Link #61
Captain Zechs

Apparently my post didn't go through but I really think that Grimmjow will be the espada that survives. He is a good rival for Ichigo and could help the gang get out of HM. I mean, if he is going to be killed off he deserves a proper death scene. But honestly I definately think he will survive and be healed by orihime.
Old 2009-08-26, 12:53   Link #62
kimholm

My cracktheory is that he will make an entrance with Unohana and kick Yammy's ass to wednesday.
Old 2009-08-26, 14:02   Link #63
deltaxxmintpie
Cake lover Cookie ninja

Sounds quite fake to me...I thought arrancars came into existence after Aizen came along and used that hax orb on hollows. Or was barragan and top 10, arrancars from the start?
Old 2009-08-26, 14:17   Link #64
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

No if i remember correctly arrancars are naturally occurring aizen just made them more perfected
Old 2009-08-26, 15:48   Link #65
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReinhartX View Post
Hmmm soo so far only Noitora / Grimmjow / Barragan gets flashbacks b4 they die...

Arrancar Death List
Spoiler:

nice job there >____>
Grimmjow is not dead, but is extremely weakened after being attack by Spoony
Gantebine or however you spell his name (guy who fought Chad) is alive as well since we're well aware of Unohana having Isane heal both him and Chad.
Old 2009-08-26, 17:59   Link #66
Critias

I think this was discussed before, but in the manga, the last we see Grimmjow is when he gets hit by Noitora's sword. Don't think we see him again after that.

In the anime however, it shows that he is alive, just not able to move. Right after Ichi saves Grimm from Noitora's deathblow, Noitora taunts Grimm mentioning how Ichi beat him, then saved him. During this, Grimmjow just looks at Ichigo in disbelief while lying on the sand. And this is the anime's last shot of Grimmjow.

So it depends on what source we look at.

Back on topic, I'm still sickened as to how easily the top Espada fall. Some Fraccions put up better fights. And no good guys died yet. Laughable.
Old 2009-08-26, 21:37   Link #67
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Now, I wonder when will KT reveal the complete mechanics of Aizen's powers... it's been what, 200+ chapters already? Aizen being this h4x is already yawn-worthy.
Why would KT reveal the mysteries of Aizen's powers when he has yet to get into a serious battle? It won't happen till then.....
Old 2009-08-26, 21:52   Link #68
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critias View Post

I think this was discussed before, but in the manga, the last we see Grimmjow is when he gets hit by Noitora's sword. Don't think we see him again after that.

In the anime however, it shows that he is alive, just not able to move. Right after Ichi saves Grimm from Noitora's deathblow, Noitora taunts Grimm mentioning how Ichi beat him, then saved him. During this, Grimmjow just looks at Ichigo in disbelief while lying on the sand. And this is the anime's last shot of Grimmjow.

So it depends on what source we look at.
Actually the scene with Noitora taunting GJ is shown in the manga too. Either source indicates he's very much alive. I don't know what his role is after this, but I'm thinking that he and/or Gantebein are Ichigo's ticket out of HM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmaster074
now this is sucks
Captains - None why just make one Captain die
Well let's think about how the plot is set up. The supply of arrancar is for all intents and purposes in the story, unlimited. We know that some are rarer than others and there's probably only a handful of VL, but other than that there was never any strict limit on their numbers. So what if Aizen loses an Espada? All he has to do is go out somewhere into the desert and find another powerful hollow, zap him with the hougyoku and he has a warrior capable of going toe to toe with a captain. We saw him do it with WW and we saw he did it with Barragan this chapter.

Now consider, the shinigami. We know that all the shinigami are limited to the ranks of the division inside the sereitei. And 99% of those fighters are fodder. Really the VC's and taicho are the main fighting force. It takes shinigami years, decades to train to get to that level if they have the talent to reach it in the first place. There is no endless wasteland teeming with hordes of bloodthirsty warriors that SS can just go and pick from. When a VC is lost, it's a blow for SS. When a captain is lost, it's a major loss. The shinigami aren't as disposable as the arrancar both because of their importance and because of the plot.

Old 2009-08-27, 04:35   Link #69
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Buwhahaha, Barragan was afraid that his minions would be killed if he didn't compy and yet when they all were actually killed he didn't feel like he had nothing to lose and attack Aizen, he still followed orders - This proves the truth about flashbacks: If you hadn't seen it in flashback then it didn't happen.
That's another failed attempt at character development.
Old 2009-08-27, 04:48   Link #70
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Well let's think about how the plot is set up. The supply of arrancar is for all intents and purposes in the story, unlimited. We know that some are rarer than others and there's probably only a handful of VL, but other than that there was never any strict limit on their numbers. So what if Aizen loses an Espada? All he has to do is go out somewhere into the desert and find another powerful hollow, zap him with the hougyoku and he has a warrior capable of going toe to toe with a captain. We saw him do it with WW and we saw he did it with Barragan this chapter.
Except we know he won't be doing that, and his supply of arrancar is very much limited to what we're seeing now (and a few VL). Frankly, judging by Aizen's reaction to Barragan's death, it doesn't seem like the espada matter.

Quote:
Now consider, the shinigami. We know that all the shinigami are limited to the ranks of the division inside the sereitei. And 99% of those fighters are fodder. Really the VC's and taicho are the main fighting force. It takes shinigami years, decades to train to get to that level if they have the talent to reach it in the first place. There is no endless wasteland teeming with hordes of bloodthirsty warriors that SS can just go and pick from. When a VC is lost, it's a blow for SS. When a captain is lost, it's a major loss. The shinigami aren't as disposable as the arrancar both because of their importance and because of the plot.
That's the whole point; we want someone disposable to kick the bucket, we want major loss, we expect it in a war from both factions. I don't think it's too much to ask either.

It probably sounds like people are mindlessly shouting for characters to die right now, but that's not really the case. Bleach simply isn't going anywhere with its current formula.
Old 2009-08-27, 06:16   Link #71
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Rest In Peace, Former King of Hueco Mondo.
Old 2009-08-27, 06:27   Link #72
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Frenchie View Post
Rest In Peace, Former King of Hueco Mondo.
Hollows are actually supposed to go to Soul Society when they're killed but not in Barrys case since he was killed by his own power rather than with a zanpaktou.

Now I realise why Ulquiorra asked Ichigo to give him the finishing blow. Sort of cruel for Ichigo to refuse him like that. What an asshole.
Old 2009-08-27, 07:21   Link #73
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ If you count the non-zanpakuto kills in BLEACH you'll see balance of souls crumbling like a cookie under a steamroller.
Old 2009-08-27, 07:47   Link #74
SimplyAJ

The thing is ... As was said before, in a war, there are casualties on both sides. This is entirely one sided right now. And even when Aizen's side "gained the upper hand" for literally 2 minutes with the arrival of Wonderweiss, it was for nothing. Because then the Vizard showed up and Aizen and co are once again out numbered.

The thing is, we already know that Shinji isn't going to kill Aizen. Because there is just too much left to explain, so that "fight" if it even happens will be pointless.

Another thing is right now, the main antagonists are in no way threatening. What do the "good guys" have to fight for? What have the antagonists done that is so dark and twisted that there needs to be some revenge? Nothing. They aren't ... REAL antagonists. They are more like the back alley thugs that are just kind of annoying and standing in the way. They try to make these fights seem so intense like "okay, this is the fight of your LIFE guys, be prepared!" even though in the past, not one "good guy" has died. Therefore, they shouldn't even feel threatened really. I dunno. The antagonist, while apparently being really strong, is pretty weak when it comes to being an evil genius and all that.
Old 2009-08-27, 07:54   Link #75
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyAJ View Post
Another thing is right now, the main antagonists are in no way threatening. What do the "good guys" have to fight for? What have the antagonists done that is so dark and twisted that there needs to be some revenge? Nothing. They aren't ... REAL antagonists. They are more like the back alley thugs that are just kind of annoying and standing in the way. They try to make these fights seem so intense like "okay, this is the fight of your LIFE guys, be prepared!" even though in the past, not one "good guy" has died. Therefore, they shouldn't even feel threatened really. I dunno. The antagonist, while apparently being really strong, is pretty weak when it comes to being an evil genius and all that.
Well, it only appears like that because not a lot of focus was actually given to Aizens plan but we do know that Aizen is attempting to get the King's Key in order to rule the world (Cliche, i know).

Also Aizen killed the entire Central 46. That's hardly a small thing. Kubo is basically asking, "What would you do if your God was killed by the Devil?"
Old 2009-08-27, 08:11   Link #76
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ Casualties on the good side: 1,[many zeros] of human souls, the old C46, the third-seat Gin murdered, the guys Aizen tried turning into hollows, Ashido's squad from the menos forest, Komamura's pride x3. That's just too much to let go! :P
Honestly though this really is getting too one-sided, even if ONE of the villains gains the upper hand now, someone will kill them soon enough to turn the tables once again. Still waiting for the rogue VLs to instantly clean BLEACH of all the shinigami...
Old 2009-08-27, 08:16   Link #77
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Aizen have like 5 people standing right now while SS+Vaizard have 20+ ... So Aizen will destroy the fake Karakura, then destroy the real one and bring the "fourth" party to this two sided battle Oo
Old 2009-08-27, 08:52   Link #78
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

The only thing i need the manga to do to appease me right now is a good guy death even if its someone like omoeda...although i have my fingers crossed for a little violence against toshiro
Old 2009-08-27, 10:03   Link #79
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
bye bye bara, I hope I can enjoy your downfall in the anime.. somehow fancy kidou doesn't work out in the manga for me. And too bad we haven't seen a new Zanpaktou release :/ with a one handed Hachi on the sidelines it seems all chances are gone to see his shikai/bankai

Wondering when exactly Aizen paid Barragan this visit, I have the feeling it was very early, otherwise Baragan would have surely attacked Las Noches seeing how bored he was. But then it was stated that Arroinierru was the last of the original Espada. Assuming the original Espadas were already Aizen's minions I don't understand why Barragan would hold his feet still, and I don't see him a part of them. And Assuming they established the Espada system by themselves it's still the same... Barragan must have considered them at least a minor threat, and a more worthy goal then his funny kamikaze plan.

next thing is the Vastolorde question.. could it be the Vastos reside in the underground, not caring whatsoever(just like Stark) while some Gillians think they are the greatest and even claiming Hueco Mundo's throne?

What also irritates me is the fact that #2 died first, with #3 still alive... this could mean two things for Halibel

- she will die quickly
- she has some surprises left
Old 2009-08-27, 10:06   Link #80
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I'm just wondering what the point was of Barragan having that axe.

Did he do anything with it? I can't even remember.
Closed Thread

Tags
manga, weekly chapter discussion