AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic

Notices

Old 2009-08-27, 21:57   Link #1441
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

^ Unfortunately so..

Sometimes I wish I was a playboy billionaire and just pump funds so my favourite animes could be completed

...after I donate to charities and that stuff
Old 2009-08-28, 14:21   Link #1442
Meatrose
Antihero

40 to 50 episodes seems like overkill to me.

Full Metal Panic: Tatakau Boy Meets Girl was covered by Full Metal Panic! episodes 01-07.

Full Metal Panic: Hashiru One Night Stand was covered by Full Metal Panic! episodes 09-12.

Full Metal Panic: Yureru Into The Blue was covered by Full Metal Panic! episodes 18 and 20-24.

Full Metal Panic: Owaru Day by Day (Upper Volume) was covered by Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid episodes 05-07.

Full Metal Panic: Owaru Day by Day (Lower Volume) was covered by Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid episodes 07-13.

This means that the anime adaptation needed a total of 26 episodes to cover these five main plot novels. Five novels remain and a sixth is on the way. If they were to release DVMC as an OVA consisting of 3 standard length episodes it would be reasonable to believe that they would be able to cover main plot novels 7-11 by producing a 2 cour season. Back when Kyoto Animation was working on TSR they had never produced a 2 cour anime but since then they've created Kanon (2 cour anime), Lucky Star (2 cour anime) and Clannad (4 cour anime). It's not like they can't pull it off.

Problem is though, FMP and Haruhi are handled by Kadokawa. They own the rights. It's up to them if something that has anything to do with these two franchises gets to be animated. Just look at what they've done to the Haruhists, those poor souls. I haven't stopped hoping for the next season of FMP but I've stopped waiting for it. Anyhow, if they decide to animate the rest of the story I don't think they would need 40 to 50 episodes. Sure, it's not like they would have a problem filling that amount of episodes with high quality canon content and I sure as hell wouldn't complain if we got two additional 2 cour seasons, all I'm saying is that they probably wouldn't be forced to produce that many episodes in order to cover what's supposedly left of the main plot storyline.
Old 2009-08-28, 20:48   Link #1443
Cenit
Linkinball Z

Send a message via ICQ to Cenit Send a message via AIM to Cenit Send a message via MSN to Cenit
Your right. A 26 EP series with DVMC being released seperate would be the most likly thing .... but i doubt anything will happen in the near future. The kadokawa point sounds intresting to me. Well as you all know kyoani is already releasing haruhi 2 so lets hope that this will go for fmp as well after h is finished ^^
Cenit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 02:28   Link #1444
Deadwings
Heaven's Nightmare

I think if we make this a gambling thread we can make a lot of money.
$20 to a 26 eps season and 4-5 OVAs covering the last two novels!
Deadwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 11:17   Link #1445
Subzero00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatrose View Post
40 to 50 episodes seems like overkill to me.

Full Metal Panic: Tatakau Boy Meets Girl was covered by Full Metal Panic! episodes 01-07.

Full Metal Panic: Hashiru One Night Stand was covered by Full Metal Panic! episodes 09-12.

Full Metal Panic: Yureru Into The Blue was covered by Full Metal Panic! episodes 18 and 20-24.

Full Metal Panic: Owaru Day by Day (Upper Volume) was covered by Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid episodes 05-07.

Full Metal Panic: Owaru Day by Day (Lower Volume) was covered by Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid episodes 07-13.

This means that the anime adaptation needed a total of 26 episodes to cover these five main plot novels. Five novels remain and a sixth is on the way. If they were to release DVMC as an OVA consisting of 3 standard length episodes it would be reasonable to believe that they would be able to cover main plot novels 7-11 by producing a 2 cour season. Back when Kyoto Animation was working on TSR they had never produced a 2 cour anime but since then they've created Kanon (2 cour anime), Lucky Star (2 cour anime) and Clannad (4 cour anime). It's not like they can't pull it off.

Problem is though, FMP and Haruhi are handled by Kadokawa. They own the rights. It's up to them if something that has anything to do with these two franchises gets to be animated. Just look at what they've done to the Haruhists, those poor souls. I haven't stopped hoping for the next season of FMP but I've stopped waiting for it. Anyhow, if they decide to animate the rest of the story I don't think they would need 40 to 50 episodes. Sure, it's not like they would have a problem filling that amount of episodes with high quality canon content and I sure as hell wouldn't complain if we got two additional 2 cour seasons, all I'm saying is that they probably wouldn't be forced to produce that many episodes in order to cover what's supposedly left of the main plot storyline.
the thing is if they make a full metal panic season with 26 episode and only focus on main stuff it won't be the same fmp. they need at least 40 episode so they can add addional light harted stuff like they have been doing so far.
Subzero00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 11:57   Link #1446
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subzero00 View Post
the thing is if they make a full metal panic season with 26 episode and only focus on main stuff it won't be the same fmp. they need at least 40 episode so they can add addional light harted stuff like they have been doing so far.
The moment COMO start it's impossible to add light hearted stuff because all novel from here are direct continuation of the previous, and all the character are not in a situation where they can do light hearted stuff.
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 15:05   Link #1447
Akka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatrose View Post
Clannad (4 cour anime).
Considering Clannad had 2 x 26 ep, I don't see why it would be unthinkable for FMP to also have 2 x 26 ep.

I take your word it would be feasable to cover it all in 26 ep, but I don't see why it's considered outlandish that they do it in 52, as they already did it with another serie.
Akka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 15:22   Link #1448
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akka View Post
Considering Clannad had 2 x 26 ep, I don't see why it would be unthinkable for FMP to also have 2 x 26 ep.

I take your word it would be feasable to cover it all in 26 ep, but I don't see why it's considered outlandish that they do it in 52, as they already did it with another serie.
The thing is that with Clannad that was possible to start with simply a 26 episodes series (school part) and after the first DVD have been sold at 25000 unit each it was possible to decide to animate the ~ After Story ~ part.

To animate 52 episodes you need money (FMP is not a cash cow) and you also need materials and even using the short stories from "Side Arms 2 - Kyokuhoku Kara no Koe" I don't think they can do more than 36 episodes (BOMF can be done in 3 episodes for example).
Old 2009-08-29, 20:09   Link #1449
Deadwings
Heaven's Nightmare

Dunno you guys, but by this point I'll be satisfied with just a few OVAs covering some of the most important parts, and it doesn't even have to be chronological. Sort of like the recent ovas for Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles and xxxHolic, they just jump to some point in the story without caring for what they miss or how did the anime end etc. It's just that they really good quality and worth watching. I think something like that would be good for FMP.
Deadwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 04:54   Link #1450
Aqua Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Teg View Post
The thing is that with Clannad that was possible to start with simply a 26 episodes series (school part) and after the first DVD have been sold at 25000 unit each it was possible to decide to animate the ~ After Story ~ part.

To animate 52 episodes you need money (FMP is not a cash cow) and you also need materials and even using the short stories from "Side Arms 2 - Kyokuhoku Kara no Koe" I don't think they can do more than 36 episodes (BOMF can be done in 3 episodes for example).
Maybe 4 or a bit more episodes at least? And the series ended um..4 years ago?
They need to refresh the audience with flashback or even recaps.
I guess if FMP new series won't appear in a year or 2 , they'll never appear.
Which is sad.
Aqua Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 06:15   Link #1451
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17th_warrior View Post
Maybe 4 or a bit more episodes at least?
Not a lot of thing happen in BOMF and the AS fight can go rapidly so 3 episodes should be a good number (like for DVMC).

But I will ask a question to people who wants 50 episodes. Do you really want to have 12 fumoffu like episodes and 38 depressing/serious episodes after because it's exactly what will happen to make that much episodes.
Old 2009-08-30, 07:31   Link #1452
Aqua Knight

They can make all the story in 25 episodes then + DVMC.
But I think FMP doesn't have such a big fanbase for example like 3-4 years ago.
Aqua Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 14:21   Link #1453
Akka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Teg View Post
Not a lot of thing happen in BOMF and the AS fight can go rapidly so 3 episodes should be a good number (like for DVMC).

But I will ask a question to people who wants 50 episodes. Do you really want to have 12 fumoffu like episodes and 38 depressing/serious episodes after because it's exactly what will happen to make that much episodes.
Well, honestly, I don't particularly "want" a set number of episodes.
I only want a WELL-DONE follow-up. I insist on the "well-done", because if they do another season of FMP to slaughter it with some kind of idiotic joke like Endless Eight, I prefer they abstain.
Better nothing that false hopes and bitter aftertaste ^^

I was only saying that 52 ep wasn't that much of a stretch considering other works, but as I said, I didn't read the novels past the fifth to not spoil myself, so I haven't the slightest idea about how much material there is in. If it can be well-done in 26, go for it ^^
Old 2009-08-30, 15:48   Link #1454
PNGO
#1 in ♦YouR♦ ♥HuRt♥ ♂

It's a pity they won't make a new season, but at least the manga is still going :P.
PNGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 17:03   Link #1455
Subzero00

i think a fmp movie is a very good move. i'm pritty sure the movie will suck but the publicity may be whats required for a new season
Subzero00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-31, 02:59   Link #1456
Akka

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNGO View Post
It's a pity they won't make a new season, but at least the manga is still going :P.
Sadly the manga is very crappy, so it's not that much of a consolation.
Old 2009-09-01, 13:13   Link #1457
PNGO
#1 in ♦YouR♦ ♥HuRt♥ ♂

Quote:
Sadly the manga is very crappy, so it's not that much of a consolation.
Well it does follow the novels, I know the art isn't the best but at least is something
PNGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 17:06   Link #1458
Akka

It's something, but something bad. They completely lost the main appeal of the serie : the characters.
The subtlety and shades of the characters are thrown out of the window, and leave only their caricatured shells - a good example of mild flanderization.

I just don't recognize the characters I love : Sôsuke is only a psychotic killer watchdog instead of funningly out of place, Kaname feels bossy and masculine instead of willfull tsundere. I simply dislike them in the manga, while I adore them in the anime.

The manga just doesn't give justice to the serie.
Old 2009-09-02, 21:43   Link #1459
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
Quote:
It's something, but something bad. They completely lost the main appeal of the serie : the characters.
The subtlety and shades of the characters are thrown out of the window, and leave only their caricatured shells - a good example of mild flanderization.

I just don't recognize the characters I love : Sôsuke is only a psychotic killer watchdog instead of funningly out of place, Kaname feels bossy and masculine instead of willfull tsundere. I simply dislike them in the manga, while I adore them in the anime.

The manga just doesn't give justice to the serie.
i complete ly agree with you Akka the Manga should be outlawed and never spoken of again as it is the retarded younger brother of the awesome anime and the light novels
Old 2009-09-03, 15:03   Link #1460
Kovikow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Metal Coast View Post
i complete ly agree with you Akka the Manga should be outlawed and never spoken of again as it is the retarded younger brother of the awesome anime and the light novels

Ive only seen the early episodes in manga, (in the blue, short stories etc.) but its already like that there, as u say, I agree: Kaname is so agressive-like. Even on the drawings, without script. For example, I like the illustrations of the manga most, those are the Sous+Kan I imagine.. And there a lot of situations that are much more wild and negative in the manga, than in the anime series...
Kovikow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
there is a god!