Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-07-15, 16:59   Link #841
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
Why did Orochimaru turned against Konoha?

Please, I beg you to reply with a more plausible answer.

Spoiler:
Honestly, I don't think he really cared about that. Being Hokage was not his goal, but rather a way to achieve his ultimate goals - the position would be a tool with which to obtain materials and people for his experiments.

When it became obvious that he wasn't going to get those materials, he simply shrugged and left to find a place that WOULD allow him access to whatever he needed - in this case, the Sound country which was looking to form its own ninja village anyway.

So, Oro gets his people to toy with, funding, materials, etc. etc. and the Sound country gets one of the baddest ninjas on the planet to be founder of its ninja village. Works out pretty well for both.

Or, at least that's my theory.
Old 2004-07-15, 17:07   Link #842
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quitter from Akatsuki

What were Orochimarus' reasons to desert/escape the Akatsuki organization from which both Itachi and Kisame are members?

I think he has a ring that all Akatsuki members wear; Itachi and Kisame both have each one. What does the kanji says on the ring that Oro possess?
Old 2004-07-15, 17:27   Link #843
axedumal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
What were Orochimarus' reasons to desert/escape the Akatsuki organization from which both Itachi and Kisame are members?

I think he has a ring that all Akatsuki members wear; Itachi and Kisame both have each one. What does the kanji says on the ring that Oro possess?
In ep 81, around 7:45 Oro remarks: "[Itachi] is now more powerful than I am. That's why I left that organization"

I don't know what the character on his ring means, though.
Old 2004-07-15, 18:32   Link #844
Fool On The Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by axedumal
In ep 81, around 7:45 Oro remarks: "[Itachi] is now more powerful than I am. That's why I left that organization"

I don't know what the character on his ring means, though.
He doesnt say thats why he left the organization....all he says is that they would have no problems if he would've gotten Itachi before, "but now thats an impossible dream, he is stronger than me!" - this just implies that in his current state, without the use of his arms, he can longer even think about beating Itachi. Has nothing to do with Akatsuki.
Old 2004-07-15, 18:43   Link #845
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool On The Hill
He doesnt say thats why he left the organization....all he says is that they would have no problems if he would've gotten Itachi before, "but now thats an impossible dream, he is stronger than me!" - this just implies that in his current state, without the use of his arms, he can longer even think about beating Itachi. Has nothing to do with Akatsuki.
In the defence of axedumal, he does say about Itachi........."He is stronger than me! Thats why............I left that organisation." And then it cuts to the Akatsuki ring.

Edit: In the A.A version that is.
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Old 2004-07-15, 18:48   Link #846
Fool On The Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobi_shay
In the defence of axedumal, he does say about Itachi........."He is stronger than me! Thats why............I left that organisation."
Hmmmm....it appears so

*slowly backs out of thread*

P.S. I dont think there's anyway Itachi was stronger than Orochimaru before the arm incident...but oh well. It still seems like he's talking about the current situation though...."now that dream is impossible, hes stronger, thats why I left..." When exactly did he quit?
Old 2004-07-15, 18:53   Link #847
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
Hmmmm....it appears so

*slowly backs out of thread*
Its cool, we all make mistakes, I had to go check myself.
And I really hate that part anyway, I can't stand the thought of Itachi being stronger than Oro, in any way shape or form.

LONG LIVE THE DARK GENIUS THAT IS OROCHIMARU!
Old 2004-07-15, 18:56   Link #848
Fool On The Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobi_shay
Its cool, we all make mistakes, I had to go check myself.
And I really hate that part anyway, I can't stand the thought of Itachi being stronger than Oro, in any way shape or form.

LONG LIVE THE DARK GENIUS THAT IS OROCHIMARU!
He's not...until now....there's some misunderstanding. Michael Jackson is confused...
Old 2004-07-15, 19:05   Link #849
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
P.S. I dont think there's anyway Itachi was stronger than Orochimaru before the arm incident...but oh well. It still seems like he's talking about the current situation though...."now that dream is impossible, hes stronger, thats why I left..." When exactly did he quit?
Hmmmm.....*Thinks*....Yeah maybe he quit right after the whole "Losing his arms incident".......Yeah thats it, thats what im going with from now on, pishhh Itachi stronger than Oro lol, what the hell was I thinking.
I must have been brain washed by Nine Devil.
Old 2004-07-15, 20:23   Link #850
Gen-X
TangaLangaDingDong

It's been said several times that Oro bases strength on the amount of jutsus his enemey knows. So you really can't say who is stronger until they duke it out.
Old 2004-07-15, 22:56   Link #851
Macbrother
The mac

Send a message via AIM to Macbrother
Quote:
I dont think there's anyway Itachi was stronger than Orochimaru before the arm incident...but oh well. It still seems like he's talking about the current situation though...."now that dream is impossible, hes stronger, thats why I left..." When exactly did he quit?
The answer is in the episode, A&A:

Quote:
If I could've gotten a hold of Uchiha Itachi to begin with, there would not have been a problem. But that is an impossible dream now. He is stronger than me! That's why... I left that organization.
It's likely he joined Akatsuki to learn more about and get close to Itachi in the hopes of capturing him and using his body-switch jutsu on him. Getting Itachi's body along with his sharingan would've greatly increased his power. However, to be able to perform the technique, it seems Orochimaru needs to be stronger than and subdue the person who's body he wants. After learning of Itachi's strength, getting Itachi became an impossible dream, and that's why he left the organization. If he couldn't get Itachi, there was no need for him to be in it. While the "now" part does seem a bit confusing, since he left the organization long before losing his arms, it almost has to refer to Itachi being stronger than him "back then."

I do agree with you though, considering Oro's vast chakra and techniques I find it difficult to believe Oro so easily admits inferiority to Itachi, but, he may know more about Itachi than we do.
Old 2004-07-16, 09:55   Link #852
UserName

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen-X
It's been said several times that Oro bases strength on the amount of jutsus his enemey knows. So you really can't say who is stronger until they duke it out.
Oro bases his strength on the amount of jutsus. So that means he focuses probably almost entirley on his jutsus. So Itachi who's sharingan is the best match up against a jutsu user will just be copying jutsu here and there and countering. But Itachi also seems to be skilled in other areas. So I think that's the reason Itachi > Oro.
Old 2004-07-16, 13:32   Link #853
shadowstorm
Shadowwalker

Ive been wondering does anyone know what they symbol on jiraya's helmet/headband means?
Old 2004-07-16, 13:39   Link #854
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowstorm
Ive been wondering does anyone know what they symbol on jiraya's helmet/headband means?
I think that was Ask Before.....if im Correct is "OIL"
don't ask why...........
Old 2004-07-16, 16:56   Link #855
ryu562

What is meant when Itachi kills the entire uchiha clan to "measure the size of my vessel?" Does this mean that he killed the clan to see how strong his powers were? To see how strong his powers have become?? Some clarification please.
Old 2004-07-16, 17:07   Link #856
Fool On The Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryu562
What is meant when Itachi kills the entire uchiha clan to "measure the size of my vessel?" Does this mean that he killed the clan to see how strong his powers were? To see how strong his powers have become?? Some clarification please.

Yeah, I'm not sure what translation you had...but yeah that's basically all he told Sasuke - that it was to see what he was capable of.
Old 2004-07-16, 19:22   Link #857
Azrael

Chuunin Testing

Does the pre-liminary and final matches last like 30 episodes? Cuz im on episode 51 and its still going on from like episode 40..
Old 2004-07-16, 19:42   Link #858
VMLM3
I had a good idea once...

I think the whole chuunin examination arch ends at about episode 80
Old 2004-07-16, 22:33   Link #859
Samehada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Rurik
I think that was Ask Before.....if im Correct is "OIL"
don't ask why...........
Gama no Abura...oil of a toad was used as a medicine. It's supposedly a good med for cuts...
Old 2004-07-17, 05:32   Link #860
P!ranha
Oyabun

Send a message via ICQ to P!ranha Send a message via MSN to P!ranha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samehada
Gama no Abura...oil of a toad was used as a medicine. It's supposedly a good med for cuts...
Wooohoo, I asked this a few (10?) pages before and here's THE translation which makes sense, thanks a lot, genius
Closed Thread