AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-11, 19:35   Link #681
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Well if I reread my first post on this page, while I did say it was a lame choice I specified "imho" and "I didn't like it". I'm aware there are no solid arguments to back this. As the ancient roman saying goes: "de gustibus non disputandum est".

Not like my opinion of Ryukishi will change for such a trivial "flaw" anyway ^^;

BTW to change the course of the discussion to something related, I can't help but to notice the general confusion there is around the knox rules in umineko. I've seen a lot of theories that are based on the rules the way they are described by Knox, but I think it is kinda obvious that there are some significative differences.

To make it worse I've also seen some questionable translations.

Like here: http://umineko.wikia.com/wiki/Red_Text

Quote:
Knox´s 1st Commandment。The criminal must be mentioned earlier in the story but must not be someone whose thoughts the reader has been allowed to see!!
This isn't a translation at all it is a copypasta of the original Knox rule, and it is wrong, because in Umineko it cuts before the "thoughts" are mentioned.

Quote:
Knox´s 4th Commandment. Undiscovered poisons or method of murders are forbidden!!
And this is the opposite situation, a copypasta would have been more accurate than this. For once that Ryukishi didn't change a rule at all XD

Quote:
Knox´s 10th Commandment. The existence of twins or duplicates can only exist if the reader is warned beforehand.
There is no mention of twins just "people disguised as others". Of course it includes twins pretending to be their twin sibling, but not the twins themselves.

Last edited by Jan-Poo; 2009-09-11 at 20:12.
Old 2009-09-13, 10:12   Link #682
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Okay guys.... really late but here's the final summary for Ep5 Ura Tea Party, likewise the end of Ep5 itself.

Spoiler for Ep5 Tea Party Final Summary:

Spoiler for Tea Party Red Truth:

Spoiler for Tea Party Blue Truth:

Spoiler for Tea Party Gold Truth:

And with that... my summaries come to an end.

Thanks for tuning in!
Old 2009-09-13, 15:31   Link #683
kite11

Thank you so much, can't wait for this to be animated... Actually, all the red vs. blue battles. No wait, this entire episode was awesome.
Old 2009-09-13, 16:08   Link #684
Tjfarmer
I'm almost there!

Send a message via AIM to Tjfarmer
Anything with lots of Natsuhi is bound to be awesome, of course.

But I still can't really judge the episode yet, because I have yet to read it XD But the summaries do make it look great.
Old 2009-09-13, 16:09   Link #685
Volcanic
fire of fires

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Spoiler for Ep5 Tea Party Final Summary:

Spoiler for Tea Party Red Truth:
No matter how intense this part was, those are definitely going to be Crowning Moments of Heartwarming when animated. ;_;

What a good ending. I thought at first this was going to be insane crazy "WTFBBQ" due to
Spoiler for EP5:
but man, it's a great ending that isn't as cliffhanger-ish as I heard but instead closes EP5 beautifully and sets the stage for EP6, unlike the rest of the games, which I kinda felt lead into each other like one story.

Thanks, Meo-san. This was really great and helped a lot of us. You did awesome~!
Old 2009-09-14, 13:02   Link #686
Antera Caramichael
French Maid

Well this ending makes me think of the one of the first Ep as it was a sort of introduction to the following games.
Old 2009-09-14, 14:25   Link #687
luckyssol

Quote:
- Lambda says that while Battler's truths have run over Erika's truths, Erika's truths still cannot be denied. She withdraws a declaration of a victor and says the game still goes. She admits that game master status has been moved to Battler and appoints him game manager thusly.
Did anyone else get the feeling that the only reason Lambda did this was to make Bern think it was her plan all along?
Lambda didn't want Bern to see that she lost control of the kakera due to Battler's actions.

Quote:
- Bern is apparently angry at Erika and admonishes her too. She seems to suggest that Erika is now a useless piece. Erika sheds tears. The correction allows some (?) of the blue spears in Erika to shatter and freeing her somewhat.
Of course Bern blames it on Erika being weak but mabye meta-Battler is becoming more powerful than the two witches.
Old 2009-09-14, 14:50   Link #688
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssol View Post
Did anyone else get the feeling that the only reason Lambda did this was to make Bern think it was her plan all along?
Lambda didn't want Bern to see that she lost control of the kakera due to Battler's actions.
I doubt that, Lambda doesn't feel the least discomforted with Battler's revival, on the contrary she looks very amused. She's the one that recognizes Battler as a "majutsushi". If Lambda didn't do that, Battler couldn't have done anything, because only witches and magicians can still play after the game has ended, and one needs to be recognized as a "mage" by another "mage" to receive such a title.

Rather than the idea that Lambda "did this to make Bern think it was her plan all along" I'm more of the idea that: "did this because it was her plan all along"

As I have previously pointed out, Dlanor knew that Battler would come back, so Lambda could have predicted it as well. There's also that scene where Bern and Erika are talking and then they wonder where Lambda went, only to find out she's talking alone to the impaled Battler. If Battler was really gone for good, why Lambda bothered?

There is however something very strange about Lambda. She didn't feel the least threatened by Bern and Erika winning the game, and she doesn't feel the least threatened by Battler becoming the knew gamemaster and getting to know all the truth behind the game.
This makes me think that Lambda knows something that the others do not. There must be something that gives her confidence that the game won't end even when someone discloses every truth.

Old 2009-09-14, 15:35   Link #689
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Battler is still filling in the rock role to Bern's scissors and Lambda's paper. He can defeat Bern, but not Lambda. Unless be becomes a Giant Rock so that the Super Paper can't cover him.
Old 2009-09-14, 15:38   Link #690
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Battler is still filling in the rock role to Bern's scissors and Lambda's paper. He can defeat Bern, but not Lambda. Unless be becomes a Giant Rock so that the Super Paper can't cover him.
That's TOTALLY what's gonna happen XDDD
Old 2009-09-14, 21:55   Link #691
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Supah Paypah!

My biggest concern is how Lambda seems so willing to relinquish game master control to Battler. To me it screams more of her priority to be entertained by some new means rather than simple victory. She obviously cares less abut victory than being entertained.
Old 2009-09-14, 22:00   Link #692
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

She didn't relinquish the game master control to Battler, she relinquished it to Erika.
Then Erika saw it snatched away by Battler before she could even use that power.

Old 2009-09-14, 22:18   Link #693
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Meh. I guess I read it wrong.
Old 2009-09-14, 22:24   Link #694
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
GIANT ENEMY ROCK

You attack his weak point for massive damage?
Old 2009-09-14, 22:51   Link #695
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Well I hope I am not getting it wrong but...

Bern: "エピソード6は何てタイトルにするか、あなたが決めなさい。@もはや、この物語の紡ぎ手でありマスターで あるのは、あなたなのだから"

"What will be the title of episode 6, you must decide it. Because, At this point, the "master" who's weaving this story it is you" <- sucky translation

and later Lambda (one of my favourite quotes **):

くすくす、悔しい? ねぇねぇ、悔しい?!@ せっかく領主になれたのに、いきなり剥奪ッてどんな気持ち? !どんな気持ちッ?

"Hu hu, are you frustrated? tell me, tell me, are you frustrated? After going to all that trouble to be the master, how does it feel to be suddenly deprived of it? How does it feel?"

I hope I haven't made a huge mistake, but it should be correct ^^;;;

Old 2009-09-14, 23:00   Link #696
Dlanor .A. Nox
The Death!

Wow I was waiting for that for so long lol congrats on finishing your summaries, that was one long haul lol.
Old 2009-09-14, 23:29   Link #697
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

That's sort of the thing, since Lambda uses a pronoun for you and we know don't actually know who she's talking to. She doesn't mention a name, and if she uses no noun or pronoun at all she would be referring to herself, so since Battler takes the mantle of GM I automatically assumed she was referring to Battler and just mocked Erika at the side.
Old 2009-09-15, 22:29   Link #698
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
BTW to change the course of the discussion to something related, I can't help but to notice the general confusion there is around the knox rules in umineko. I've seen a lot of theories that are based on the rules the way they are described by Knox, but I think it is kinda obvious that there are some significative differences.

To make it worse I've also seen some questionable translations.

Like here: http://umineko.wikia.com/wiki/Red_Text
I've been making edits and correcting things in the Red Text from episode 5 on that page, but only at the rate I'm playing the game, so it's only up to the end of the knocking and the letter stuff. *eyestrain*
...I'm not sure why someone threw in 'people die when they are killed XD'.

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Old 2009-09-15, 22:33   Link #699
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I'd do it myself if I were confident enough, but while I can see some evident errors I can't know for sure what is completely correct ^^;

Anyway I've noticed some changes in that page, you are not alone in such endeavor

Old 2009-09-16, 09:57   Link #700
Escargotage
I want to believe.

Alright, I've finished Episode 5... sort of.

Anyway, I have a question. During the "meta-courtroom" scene, it was declared in red that Natushi isn't a culprit... so why does Erika continue pushing the theory that she is? Is she that much of a bitch?

Forgive me if this was answered in one of your summaries, Meo.

And on another note, my hatred for Bern skyrocketed after "reading" this episode. God damn.