AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-02, 20:11   Link #1
Nomad Soul

Owari to Hajimari no Miles (Mohiro Kitoh's latest series)

Now that Bokurano has ended, it's time for all Mohiro Kitoh fans to focus their attention on the author's latest series: Owari to Hajimari no Miles ("Miles of the Beginnings and Endings")

Quote:
Story: Set in a world where every object has its own spirit, the story follows Miles, a young woman who has the rare ability to communicate with those spirits. Working as a spirit medium, Miles helps people find the objects that are compatible to them. Assisting her is a mysterious man named Gikaku who’s literally not from this world. Dubbed as the “god of destruction” Gikaku wields a terrible power which, as it seems, only Miles can contain. But for how long?
The series is ongoing in the bi-monthly magazine Manga Erotics F, where Kitoh's Hallucination from the Womb was also published. So far, one collected volume has been released. The first two chapters are now available in English in form of scanlation.

From all Kitoh works, Miles might be the one with the most intricate premise yet and probably the only one that is outright fantasy. The series also shows the author's love for airplanes and basically everything that flies. In fact, if you omit the love scenes the manga could easily be something Miyazaki would have drawn. But this being a Kitoh manga, things are never quite positive as they first seem. The relationship between Miles and Gikaku offers plenty of conflict potential and the first time Gikaku unleashes his power you can already see the dark clouds that await us in future chapters.
Old 2009-09-14, 00:48   Link #2
moose25

This is really different when compared to his other manga. Though I'm just basing that off the first seven chapters so who knows it could become horribly dark. So far it's really interesting the world he created; its so cool. Sky continents and all that. The little explanation chapter was what really peaked my interest. Shows how much thought Mohiro Kitoh put into this world. I hope some of the concepts in that chapter are explored further. Like Gikaku and Miles being caught in an all out war, could be an interesting overarching plot.
Old 2009-09-14, 09:57   Link #3
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Has this been scanlated yet ?
Looks intresting. I was hoping for more Bokurano, but this one might be good too.

Old 2009-09-14, 13:26   Link #4
AnimeFangirl

The latest chapter with Kionona was great, but I'm still a little wary of Kitoh. I avoided Bokurano like the plague, but the images of the floating world intrigued me and before I knew it I was hooked. Don't let me down, Kitoh!
Old 2009-09-16, 11:01   Link #5
Diedrupo

why the heck would you avoid Bokurano like the plague? it's one of the greatest manga ever crafted.

Anyway, I love Owari to Hajimari no Miles. Kitoh once again amazes us with an original premise. Technically, it's not a replacement or his "newest work" since it's been ongoing since 2006, and it's released only bimonthly. Maybe Kitoh will have a new monthly work soon.
Old 2010-07-04, 03:19   Link #6
Digi-Dragon

I've read about half of the first volume of this and I've really enjoyed it. (And yes, Dorfl, Bokurano's sad, but one of the greatest manga ever, read it!) I've wondered -- what else has Kitoh been working on lately? I've looked at his wikipedia page, but that only gets you so far. I've been searching for more things that have been translated.
Closed Thread