AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-08-24, 02:09   Link #141
Cipher

It's unfair that visual novel games (including adult ones) are mostly the ones being translated into animes. (Speaking of which, suikoden gaiden wasn't even given a chance). RPG's aren't getting enough fair treatment. I'm glad about Tales of the Abyss' and Valkyria Chronicles' recent success but rpg's have more untapped and anciently powerful potential.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 02:51   Link #142
Gin
*Artist

Left 4 Dead
Dead or Alive 1-4
Occarina of Time
Old 2009-08-24, 07:25   Link #143
Satsuki Yuuhi Ramius

Send a message via Yahoo to Satsuki Yuuhi Ramius
Ah! remember 1 title!

Brigande The Legend Of Forsena
Old 2009-09-27, 10:30   Link #144
Satsuki Yuuhi Ramius

Send a message via Yahoo to Satsuki Yuuhi Ramius
Tokomeki Memorial Girl's Side
Old 2010-02-01, 05:48   Link #145
Armored Knight

Video games you would like to see turned into anime?

Hi everyone.

I don't really know if anyone wrote a similar thread or not. But I just felt like writing about it.

It is very common to see popular anime turned into video games whether they are good or not, however, the opposite is not entirely true. There are some popular video games that I'd like to see turned into anime so bad!

One of them is Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney series (aka Gyakuten Saiban) which is one of the best Capcom games. I am not a big fan of Capcom but I love this series. It is certainly one of my favourites and the best handheld game IMO. It has interesting characters, nice art style, deep background stories, well written script, very mysterious murder cases and events, intelligent investigations, nice soundtrack...etc. I think it has the potential to be a great anime and I would like to see Capcom do it as soon as possible.

Another game is Hotel Dusk. This is one of the videos games I would like to see turned into anime too.

What about you?
Armored Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-01, 06:03   Link #146
jedinat

I'd be up for a Zelda anime. Not like this though
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-01, 06:27   Link #147
Socke
Banned

Starcraft or Dawn of War.

Actually even better as non-anime Western animated series but the anime will kick ass.
Socke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-01, 06:41   Link #148
Armored Knight

I forgot to mention Castlevania. I have always wanted see this game as anime with Richter Belmont as the main character. Why? The character designs, especially the designs of Ayami Kojima, are awesome. I also like the the dark atmosphere and the music style (Michiru Yamane) of Castlevania. Also, Richter is my favourite character in the series.
Old 2010-02-01, 14:47   Link #149
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Front Mission.

Do want.
Old 2010-02-01, 15:21   Link #150
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armored Knight View Post
I forgot to mention Castlevania. I have always wanted see this game as anime with Richter Belmont as the main character. Why? The character designs, especially the designs of Ayami Kojima, are awesome. I also like the the dark atmosphere and the music style (Michiru Yamane) of Castlevania. Also, Richter is my favourite character in the series.
I would love to see a Castlevania animated series, but it would have to look very dark, real, and serious, much like the Berserk anime. As for which particular story I would want to see, it would have to be Julius Belmont killing off Dracula for good in the year 1999.
Old 2010-02-01, 15:45   Link #151
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armored Knight View Post
I don't really know if anyone wrote a similar thread or not. But I just felt like writing about it.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=12606

Old 2010-02-01, 15:52   Link #152
hinakatbklyn

With a game and manga already available, Phoneix Wright deserves an anime.

I'm not sure if fighting games have been given enough credit as an anime, but I do see potential with BlazBlue as an anime (the story line can be improved upon, but the character art is fine as is).
hinakatbklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-01, 16:54   Link #153
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Castlevania has my vote too, I think it would make for an awesome gothic anime and maybe even a good adventure live action movie (Soma Cruz killing Dracula though). Besides that, I'd also love to watch Kingdom Hearts animated, the entire Sora series (I believe there's a manga out already) and perhaps a Bloody Roar anime, Yugo would make for an awesome hero.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-01, 17:30   Link #154
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Pick a blizzard franchise other than the lore train wreck that is WoW. That whole game is a giant DisContinuity to me.
Old 2010-02-01, 21:01   Link #155
ufocatcher
Banned

Breath of Fire III perhaps...or Suikoden III. Suiko has a manga already, so I wish they also made an anime for it.
ufocatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-02, 10:35   Link #156
Armored Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinakatbklyn View Post
I'm not sure if fighting games have been given enough credit as an anime, but I do see potential with BlazBlue as an anime (the story line can be improved upon, but the character art is fine as is).
I have always wanted to see Arc System Works games get a proper anime. I like GGXX and BlazBlue's style definitely has the potential.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Castlevania has my vote too, I think it would make for an awesome gothic anime and maybe even a good adventure live action movie (Soma Cruz killing Dracula though).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I would love to see a Castlevania animated series, but it would have to look very dark, real, and serious, much like the Berserk anime. As for which particular story I would want to see, it would have to be Julius Belmont killing off Dracula for good in the year 1999.
Yes, I agree with you. It has to be very dark. Something like Berserk or Claymore would look awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufocatcher View Post
Breath of Fire III perhaps...or Suikoden III. Suiko has a manga already, so I wish they also made an anime for it.
Suikoden is one of my favourite games. The third game's plot would make a great anime. However, it would be better if it had the events of Suikogaiden. The story and events of Suikoden II would make a great anime too.
Old 2010-02-02, 21:24   Link #157
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Metal Gear Solid anyone? I'm a huge Metal Gear fan .

Bring back the same voice cast from the games, and we have ourselves a masterpiece.
Old 2010-02-02, 23:40   Link #158
Seitsuki
Onee!

Golden Sun. Tho a sequel would be best xD
And a Mario anime would be epic. Considering there's already a movie, not impossible.
Btw anyone else noticed "anime" actually comes up as wrong in the spell checker? Of all the words..
Old 2010-02-03, 03:13   Link #159
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Metal Gear Solid anyone? I'm a huge Metal Gear fan .

Bring back the same voice cast from the games, and we have ourselves a masterpiece.
yea we most certainly would, wouldn't we.
When thinking about MGS I think about other games like Killzone, Gears of War, Halo(yes there is a anime series but it's far from ideal or more far from what I want), Cryisis, Far Cry and Resistence, games with that kinda little twist on the real world and what not, would make for some great animes(again seems I'm drawn to FPS for wanting animes)
But oddly with a very recent game I'm playing, Uncharted 2, I somehow can't imagine what a anime would be like for it.

Well there are loads of japanese games that we can mention but I really like the thought of more western games getting the treatment.
Old 2010-02-03, 09:40   Link #160
Arkenryu
IRPO Patrolman

SaGa Frontier.

Doubt anyone else would want it, but I think it'd be awesome.
Arkenryu is offline   Reply With Quote