AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-09-29, 07:05   Link #681
iceyfw

now we can start worrying about the future chapters of berserk. first thing that came to my mind was Idol Master too when i saw that picture because i've NEVER seen that type of illustration when it came to berserk until now

what is next? a sudden harem after the elf island arc?

edit: but the guy just drew it as a promotion picture for the next volume coming. let's just pray that is all it was and not a foreshadow of things to come.

Last edited by iceyfw; 2009-09-29 at 07:17.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 10:40   Link #682
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

He'll probably put in a new loli character to aid or to be with Guts.
Old 2009-09-29, 11:16   Link #683
Valerian Mengsk

Hmm, nice city. I hope the marble won't stain when Guts starts killing people there.

Also anyone want to bet that those trees that were once mini-Ganishkas can come to life when ordered to? it just seems to me that the creepy forest surrounds Falconia for the same reason a moat would, is all.
Valerian Mengsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-01, 13:26   Link #684
Casshern

This chapter was boring. You don't even need a translation to look at 5-6 pages of drawing. Each chapter for the past few years would only have amounted to 10 seconds of anime footage. Friggin' boring. What a waste of a good manga.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 00:19   Link #685
velocd
Witcher, with tenure

Elf Island, ha! The only thing better would be more frequent releases. =(
velocd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 11:40   Link #686
Vicious108

So it seems that Griffith finally got that kingdom he desired oh so much. It'd be nice if he had some freaking dialogue on it then.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 08:22   Link #687
klare

sensei seems to know he has a lot of non-Japanese readers so he made it easier for all of us by not putting dialogs, he is so nice

actually i think Griffith already got his kingdom by marrying the princess, Falconia is like a bonus for him, wonder will it be the final location of him vs Guts
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 17:54   Link #688
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
I guess after Griffin got what he wanted as a human, will want more... he already brought his appostols into acceptance Oo'

There'll be more dragons and other staff that we had in witch arc. I guess there's a good build up for another arc if only things moves faster...
Old 2009-10-05, 18:39   Link #689
Slayerx

I think the ONLY thing i really enjoyed about this last chapter was the last page or two... the first of which that said the next chapter would be out on the 9th, and the second of which said that it was gonna be the beginning of a new arc, the "fantasia arc" which will feature elfland... and you know what this means, NO MORE GRIFFITH (for now), less of those large "look at how gosh damn beautiful and detailed my art is" two page spreads that don't really advance the plot in anyway (did we really need TWO back to back double page spreads of griffith standing and looking triumphant?), and more of Gutz and his crew; the group of characters that are actually interesting... they are also the characters that seem to know that if you are not gonna advance the plot much, the least you can do is put in some interesting character development, or maybe even a quick elf joke.

Finally, a reasonably timed update along with a chapter that's actually worth looking forward too!
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-06, 08:35   Link #690
smokeesid

Well even though there wasn't much plot development but still artwork and presentation was awesome and that was enough to make chapter enjoyable......this is thing you are not gonna see in any manga
smokeesid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 17:35   Link #691
Wolcik

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeesid View Post
Well even though there wasn't much plot development but still artwork and presentation was awesome and that was enough to make chapter enjoyable......this is thing you are not gonna see in any manga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
I think the ONLY thing i really enjoyed about this last chapter was the last page or two... the first of which that said the next chapter would be out on the 9th, and the second of which said that it was gonna be the beginning of a new arc, the "fantasia arc" which will feature elfland... and you know what this means, NO MORE GRIFFITH (for now), less of those large "look at how gosh damn beautiful and detailed my art is" two page spreads that don't really advance the plot in anyway (did we really need TWO back to back double page spreads of griffith standing and looking triumphant?), and more of Gutz and his crew; the group of characters that are actually interesting... they are also the characters that seem to know that if you are not gonna advance the plot much, the least you can do is put in some interesting character development, or maybe even a quick elf joke.

Finally, a reasonably timed update along with a chapter that's actually worth looking forward too!
Well some 2page are nice, but the ones with Griffin's close up standing are annoying - I'm not into Cenobites dressed up as medival knights.
Guts forowards the plot by cutting through it, while Griffin twists it and makes hard to undarstand philosofical bullshit that suppose to make story more epic, cultural, meaningful and other nice words.
The story was pretty clear with Apostales and 5 cenobites rulling them, and then we got something about religion and some sh't that happened in the past and it mixed it up.
This happened 3 times already. First the elipse, then the second one and now this.

I know that war is important as it changes the world, but that didn't mean that I have to feel sympathy to some Appostols that Guts have to kill. It's important and all, but it's just breaks me appart when I see stuff that suppose to make me care about people and monsters in Griffin's army - I don't care about Griffin anymore because he isn't human anymore, as he just goes everywhere and do god stuff and we don't get to see his human reaction.
Old 2009-10-09, 19:55   Link #692
Vampire
Birth by Moonlight

Send a message via MSN to Vampire
Actually, the only times he is seen doing something human ever since he became Femto was when he spared Guts' life twice and saved Caska from boulders, which had me wondering if he really is completely demon. But aside from that, he's a boring character since he wrote his entire scenario for the past 2 years and basically, nothing will kill him until his face off with magic users or Guts; so I hope no one is looking forward to what he does next, he will succeed.
Hoping that there will be more pages and dialogue next chapter about the plot.
Old 2009-10-09, 21:49   Link #693
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolcik View Post
Guts forowards the plot by cutting through it, while Griffin twists it and makes hard to undarstand philosofical bullshit that suppose to make story more epic, cultural, meaningful and other nice words.
No, i don't think HOW the each forward the plot is what makes one better than the other... afterall, Guts hasn't chopped anything up since he got on that boat, but his chapters were still interesting... its about the level of actual development and how LONG it takes them to forward the plot...

With guts, every chapter either forwards the plot or gives us some bit of character development; both very important and interesting elements in story writing... with Griffith on the otherhand, a large amount of the chapters are really just imagery that shows off the artwork... there is incredibly little plot development if any each chapter... and gwiffith and quite a few of his minions are such a stale characters that they are incapable of character development... the only characters that could experience development, do not get much screentime and usually don't develop in what little screen time they get... all in all it takes FOREVER to get anywhere and it's boring as hell
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-11, 23:39   Link #694
gencbiba

Finally back on track... Can't wait to see what happens next.

Captain Tsubasa and Dai no Daibouken are being translated!! Check us out at http://www.hiei-tf.fr/frenchies-subs/. Stop on by and show us some love at the forums.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 04:22   Link #695
neshru

First the pirates, now a ghost ship... I guess all that's left is some kind of giant sea monster. Actually I fear they will go treasure hunting once they finally land on the island.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 19:37   Link #696
Wolcik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
No, i don't think HOW the each forward the plot is what makes one better than the other... afterall, Guts hasn't chopped anything up since he got on that boat, but his chapters were still interesting... its about the level of actual development and how LONG it takes them to forward the plot...

With guts, every chapter either forwards the plot or gives us some bit of character development; both very important and interesting elements in story writing... with Griffith on the otherhand, a large amount of the chapters are really just imagery that shows off the artwork... there is incredibly little plot development if any each chapter... and gwiffith and quite a few of his minions are such a stale characters that they are incapable of character development... the only characters that could experience development, do not get much screentime and usually don't develop in what little screen time they get... all in all it takes FOREVER to get anywhere and it's boring as hell
Nicely said... as the story suppose to be well planned it is unadvised for hundrant years old beings to change suddenly - such characters should be introduced and showed from time to time so we could know what they're up to... like hunter-wolf-appostle's part was mostly to show his personality than something more (he's a loner and like most of appostle very loyal to Griffin).
Old 2009-10-13, 01:41   Link #697
smokeesid

Superb chapter: Awesome artwork and great presentation. I love this manga. Muira just never disappoints
Old 2009-10-13, 06:42   Link #698
Vampire
Birth by Moonlight

Send a message via MSN to Vampire
Awesome chapter, very refreshing to see Gatts and his posse again. Anyone know when's the next chapter? If this is going to be weekly again, I'm going to orgasm; then again, I'm hoping too much and no guarantees.
Old 2009-10-14, 12:26   Link #699
smokeesid

@Vampire: it is written that it will continue in the next issue so that means it is going to come with the next issue of Young Animal hence after 14 days from its release
Old 2009-10-19, 04:42   Link #700
lightbringer
M9000

Right, YA comes out twice a month, it was never weekly to begin with. Once in a while there's even a Berserk chapter in it... I suggest sacrificing goats and praying for two chapters every month until the end of the year.

Now that the Chapter of Falconia is finally over, I thought we would get to see Elfhelm, but here we are fighting the pirates for the THIRD time. Although admittedly, it should be the more interesting fight of the three.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dark fantasy, fantasy, seinen