AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-07-24, 04:00   Link #1
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu

What appeals more to you? (A) or (B)

Hello,
I just want some quick opinions on something.

One of the things that draws me to the Naruto anime/manga, one of its "Allures" is the whole concept of villages fighting each other, clans fighting each other.

And so I wanna see what people think would be a better approach for the storyline.

a) The way it is currently. Following the lives and tribulations of a few choice people. I.E sasuke and Naruto. Everything else is backstory and padding to propell the main story of the characters along.

or

b) A war-like setting. I.E Non of the villages are at peace. Its a great big ninja war like back in the sannin days. Alliances between villages and clans etc are formed.
We get the side stories of characters like naruto and sasuke as they grow But the main "plot" is the politics of the Ninja war and how Konoha uses its Shinobi to protect itself. Perhaps Naruto's dream is not to become hokage but to bring peace to the villages.

Im not sure if im making any sense here but I hope you gather some of what im saying.

Would the Naruto anime be more entertaining if it was

"Naruto- The story of the boy who had a monster sealed in him and wanted to become Hokage. "

or if it was

"Naruto- The story of a young boy who grows up in a wartorn land, and how he and his comrades brought victory to konoha"

The chuunin exam was intruging because we got glimpses of the other village shinobi. A war setting would allow for entire arcs to be based on various missions to other lands. ETC.

Its 5:00 AM and im tired (night shift sucks). So bear with me if i sound like a blubbering idiot.
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-24, 04:06   Link #2
kamij0

But the war will end 1 day, so wont it be better for A then to have the B scenario within A.
kamij0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-24, 05:54   Link #3
Jaz
omgwtf?!

Send a message via MSN to Jaz

A real war, not another stupid invasion. Something more like an all out 'chaotic' combat scene. Ahh wel, one can only dream...
Jaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-24, 06:00   Link #4
Uzumaki_kitsune
Ookamiyasha(wolf demon)

Location: in this magical land where you can do whatever you want as long as you dont care
within war are stories

isn't that whats going on right now between leaf and sound and leaf on good relations with sand but anyway thats whats going on this little war is whats propelling the storyline kinda
Uzumaki_kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-24, 06:24   Link #5
Ketsueki

Send a message via AIM to Ketsueki Send a message via MSN to Ketsueki Send a message via Yahoo to Ketsueki
I watched anime for ages but was never really one to go a read news so i didn't know about all the popular anime... so i was going through a popular emule download site, and went to their anime section and clicked on "Naruto".

I saw "ninja school" and laughed and gave it a download... hooked from there on.
Ketsueki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-24, 06:40   Link #6
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketsueki
I watched anime for ages but was never really one to go a read news so i didn't know about all the popular anime... so i was going through a popular emule download site, and went to their anime section and clicked on "Naruto".

I saw "ninja school" and laughed and gave it a download... hooked from there on.
I also came across Naruto by chance, I haden't heard anything about it, it was completely bran new, anyway as soon as I saw Kage Bunshin no jutsu!!!!
That was it, I became an addict.
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-24, 06:58   Link #7
Uukog42

actually I'd like it the way it is now. And after the series is finished, They make a prequel covering all the stuff you've mentioned in (B) with the main character being Jiraiya.
Uukog42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-24, 07:15   Link #8
Kabuto Maniac
animeichi

a

Old 2004-07-24, 12:01   Link #9
Shino~
The Legendary Perv Genin

B because A gets boring after a while, but i would like to see B within A sooner or later...
Shino~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-24, 12:16   Link #10
UserName

B definitly.
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-24, 12:26   Link #11
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uukog42
actually I'd like it the way it is now. And after the series is finished, They make a prequel covering all the stuff you've mentioned in (B) with the main character being Jiraiya.
I love Naruto being the main character As he cracks me up!

However I love Uukog's idea also and if not in the series it would make kick ass full length Movies!!!! *hint*
pathyfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-25, 18:33   Link #12
Rx_Fink
Cybernetic Wolf

Send a message via AIM to Rx_Fink
It sounds to me like you're asking would you rather the story be character based or plot based.

Character based is much more meaningful, so definitely A
Rx_Fink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-25, 18:41   Link #13
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure

Its probably going to be a mix of both. It will be focused on Naruto of course, however there will be a war soon as well. Oro already stated that it was his goal to do so.

A war will also be a perfect way to introduce the other villages that we havnt seen, and see new abilites from new allies, as well as abilities from new villians. Really it would get boring if it were to be just konoha vs sound. Lets see some earth jutsus!
Dauthi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-25, 19:59   Link #14
HoboGod
Necromancer

come now, does anyone here NOT know what i'd pick? BRING ON THE CHAOTIC KILLINGS!!! *cough* that might have been over the top...
HoboGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-25, 20:46   Link #15
knubbe

Definitely B. Naruto needs to learn a thing or two about war anyways
knubbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-26, 00:56   Link #16
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Hmmm, tough question would I rather watch...
A) Naruto
or
B) Something else

Answer, seems somewhat obvious really.
Sanjuronord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-26, 01:42   Link #17
Lee-pimp
A.S.S. Vice President

id say eitehr b within a or release a side story dealing with the great ninja war that was going on during the first second and begining of third hokages rulings.
Lee-pimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-26, 01:42   Link #18
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjuronord
Hmmm, tough question would I rather watch...
A) Naruto
or
B) Something else

Answer, seems somewhat obvious really.
Its not that naruto wouldnt be there. Hed still be the main character. Hed still get trained by jiraiya, hed still be rivals with sasuke, sasuke will still be an avenger.

However the mood of the story would be very different. They would always be running missions, always protecting against attacks, always making alliances, getting backstabbed, etc etc.

Wed get a to see a lot more cool stuff like Jounin only Missions etc
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-26, 08:33   Link #19
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Wolf-Of-Mibu
Its not that naruto wouldnt be there. Hed still be the main character. Hed still get trained by jiraiya, hed still be rivals with sasuke, sasuke will still be an avenger.

However the mood of the story would be very different. They would always be running missions, always protecting against attacks, always making alliances, getting backstabbed, etc etc.

Wed get a to see a lot more cool stuff like Jounin only Missions etc
You realize that the name of the series is also Naruto right?

By that same vein of thought someone could suggest we follow the ramen girl for a new take on the story and naruto would still be there, but it wouldn't be naruto (the series).
Sanjuronord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-26, 14:28   Link #20
Kidd
SD Translator

Send a message via ICQ to Kidd Send a message via AIM to Kidd Send a message via MSN to Kidd Send a message via Yahoo to Kidd
I pick A, and do so without thinking. Character based is the way to go, since I love the characters in Naruto.
Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote