AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-10-06, 14:22   Link #301
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Well, the post I was replying to was on the topic of "filler". My only point was, how can it be filler if it's in the manga? Rumiko certainly can get off track, but it's still her story.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-06, 14:27   Link #302
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Well, the post I was replying to was on the topic of "filler". My only point was, how can it be filler if it's in the manga? Rumiko certainly can get off track, but it's still her story.
Well that is true on top of the fact that it's kind of unnecessary to add filler for a finished manga in the first place. However I will cite the example of To Love-Ru as a manga that can seem like it's it's own filler at times just for posterity's sake.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-06, 17:04   Link #303
Kirvee
SoulxMaka Fangirl

Send a message via AIM to Kirvee Send a message via MSN to Kirvee Send a message via Yahoo to Kirvee
Quite honestly, I think it's best to leave judgements on the whole series' pacing until we have at least 2 or 3 episodes. This episode, as someone else called it, was basically a reunion episode as well as a slight recap. Just because this episode was rushed doesn't mean they all will be unless Episode 2 runs the exact same way.
Kirvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-06, 20:23   Link #304
Xburnout
Cake>Pie.

I'd rather see new Ranma 1/2 but hey, what can you do?
Old 2009-10-07, 00:56   Link #305
EternalDestiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xburnout View Post
In due time. Who knows? With all the recent continuations remakes of old series (Casshern, Mazinger, Fullmetal Alchemist, Dragonball, etc.) and overwhelming nostalgic reactions from longtime fans, maybe there WILL be a Ranma continuation.
EternalDestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 05:20   Link #306
SidVicious
Anime addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xburnout View Post
The new OVA will come out in january.
Old 2009-10-07, 07:25   Link #307
typhonsentra

This is licensed but are subbed streams available anywhere?
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 09:11   Link #308
Flarey
Fandub Voice Actor Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
This is licensed but are subbed streams available anywhere?
Yes.

http://www.hulu.com/inuyasha-the-final-act
Flarey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 13:06   Link #309
Ziziphus
Whatever

Just watched the 1st episode.

Whoa, isn't it a little too cramped up an episode, even when it's meant to be a re-introduction ep? And ppl thought that the 1st few episodes of FMA:B were rushed!

Seriously, there're some important events going on, but I didn't have time to feel or think or whatever, scenes just flowing by like a slide show or sth...ok, I don't hate it or anything, but future eps will definitely suffer if the pacing is not improved. (I'm so surprised to hear that this final act just lasts 26 eps? There're 190+ chapters left, how the hell can they make it without a neck-breaking pace?) Anyway, must wait and see.

Btw, glad to hear Kaoru Wada is back, always love his work! Loved the new ED too!
Old 2009-10-07, 13:29   Link #310
Gin
*Artist

I think I need to go back and watch the last 10-15 episodes of the first season, because I was a little lost in this episode.
Overall though, I thought this episode was really good, it felt a little rushed but I was really pleased with the quality of the animation.
Old 2009-10-07, 17:11   Link #311
X207
Gamyūsa

im glad the anime is back but the pace is a bit concerning. they can fininsh off the rest at this pace but i hope it turns out im wrong. i especially hope they dont zip thru the final battle. though since 1 eps is done it shouldnt be too troubling.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 17:35   Link #312
Alchemist007
*Author

Yeah just realized Hakudoushi got killed already.
Old 2009-10-07, 20:33   Link #313
ElizLestrad

I have to admit that it did seem a tad bit fast, it will be interesting to see if they stay at this pace or if their trying to go through some material quickly to focus more time on other parts. Still I'm excited to see what happens in the end.

Also, being the total sap for this sort of thing, I'm really looking forward to seeing Kagura kick some serious demon hide with Inuyasha. She's just too cool.

Last edited by ElizLestrad; 2009-10-07 at 20:50.
ElizLestrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 21:28   Link #314
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizLestrad View Post

Also, being the total sap for this sort of thing, I'm really looking forward to seeing Kagura kick some serious demon hide with Inuyasha. She's just too cool.
Ahh I am glad to see I am not the only one who has a thing for Kagura or at least thinks she is cool.... I mean she has the whole damsel in distress thing going for her with the only exception that she has been evil for the most part... how cool is that? an evil damsel in distress who happens to have red eyes and a seductive voice in either jap or english!

Thats pure win the way I see it.... hopefully Seshi won't let her fade away.... I couldn't care less about hakudoshi getting killed but if Kagura gets killed I'll be sad
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 21:31   Link #315
Kirvee
SoulxMaka Fangirl

Send a message via AIM to Kirvee Send a message via MSN to Kirvee Send a message via Yahoo to Kirvee
After watching the episode a second time (RAW), I've noticed something new about the pacing.

What looked kind of fast at the beginning actually isn't. In fact, it moves in a relatively logical order (for example: Kagome fails test, she clams up and turns to metaphorical anime stone, cut to scene of Inuyasha carrying her home. Deductive reasoning would tell you that Inuyasha is carrying her all of a sudden from the drainage of her cramming and then failing a test).

The spot where you REALLY notice a speed shift is when Kohaku is in the hut with the guy bandaging his arm. The minute the guy's possessed son walks in it was like someone hit the fast-forward button and didn't release it until about the part where Sango is looking for Kohaku.

That scene with the possessed kid was what REALLY needed some kind of transition frame. Perhaps the boy walking over to somewhere and noticing something ominous/out of place. Sure, it'd add a second or two, but it would've provided some sort of transition between Kohaku being found and taken to the hut to have his wound dressed.

After the fast-forward button was released, the rest of the episode went along at another kinda-moderately-fast pace identical to the beginning.

But even so, this kind of pacing is unacceptable for future episodes. Please let the next episode prove my intro-ep theory right...
Kirvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 22:44   Link #316
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

I have a question...i don't really remember anything from the old series haha..i watched this show as a kid, and frankly, i missed a lot of episodes, but remembered the general gist of it.

So what should i do to catch up with everything? Whats the best way to tackle this? (i'm not gonna watch all 167 episodes...i doubt i have the time or patience to sit through all the fillers)
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 22:52   Link #317
Xagzan

Read the volume summaries up through 36 on the List of Inuyasha Chapters page on wiki?
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 02:35   Link #318
EoT
~~

Enjoyed this episode a lot.

So good to have this series back.
EoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-08, 05:59   Link #319
vspirit
...huh?

Okaaay, finally got to watching the episode properly after dilly-dallying a few days. Aaaaaaand....it gave me whiplash. Ow.
vspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 01:07   Link #320
OkamiNoKaze

Wow, glad to see that Inuyasha is back, and with that Sango. I was suprised to see Hakudoshi go already. I have to agree, it feels like the next episode in the series rather then a first. This is my first time watching the show with Japanese voices, I'm quite used to the English voices, Sesshonmaru, and Jochin (sp?) sounded odd, especially Jochin. As far as Hulu goes, though I didn't watch this there, I do watch Naruto there, and I've had no problems watching that, plays as good as Veoh, or even Megavideo, and as far as the commercials go, though their content is often random, (and makes me laugh, like having ads for condoms and booze) their placement is about right.

Tags
adventure, shounen