AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

View Poll Results: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 27 Rating
Perfect 10 14 17.95%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 10.26%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 11.54%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 11.54%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 8.97%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 9 11.54%
4 out of 10 : Poor 5 6.41%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 5.13%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 2.56%
1 out of 10 : Painful 11 14.10%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-13, 19:45   Link #61
Karlson
Jumping...is useless!

Young Pinako: "I think that's about how old they were...when they started to even think about something like human transmutation. Why didn't you take a stand as their father and say something?"

Words cannot describe what I thought the moment I saw that but my initial reaction to that should go without saying anyway. Had it not been for the fact that I'm pretty sure this is all just a dream sequence in the end, I wouldn't have let that slide.
Old 2009-10-13, 20:07   Link #62
zaxthezax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlson View Post
Young Pinako: "I think that's about how old they were...when they started to even think about something like human transmutation. Why didn't you take a stand as their father and say something?"

Words cannot describe what I thought the moment I saw that but my initial reaction to that should go without saying anyway. Had it not been for the fact that I'm pretty sure this is all just a dream sequence in the end, I wouldn't have let that slide.
At that point I thought Hohenheim and/or Pinako are time travelers. Ridiculous and pointless. As like as this whole episode :/
Old 2009-10-13, 20:13   Link #63
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Oh a new opening! I like the music used (though I still like the last one better) and as usual features many plot and new characters. Well, that's the only good part for this episode IMO.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2009-10-13, 22:17   Link #64
klare

this eps seems like the internal struggle of Hohenheim, and with a lot of recaps

the new OP is not bad, the new ED is a nice song
Old 2009-10-13, 23:36   Link #65
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

so i skipped around the ep, and the moment i realized that was Trisha, i was like OMGWTF. pretty crazy moment at that one point.

the op is starting to grow on me, ending is still great because of Winry. :57 on in the OP is definitely the best part.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2009-10-14, 00:35   Link #66
K_Babyy
Fullmetal Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaxthezax View Post
At that point I thought Hohenheim and/or Pinako are time travelers. Ridiculous and pointless. As like as this whole episode :/
I was really confused by that part too and when, I guess it was Father, tore her face off or whatever? wth?
Old 2009-10-14, 02:28   Link #67
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Confusing recap kinda thing... BUT the last part just a few secs before the song starts, when Trisha puts her hands over Hoenheim's ... that part almost made me cry... For some reason hearing the reason why life is so precious to fragile/mortal humans and how we all become stronger was just very touching, even more so when everyone appeared in front of him....

Last edited by CuXe; 2009-10-14 at 03:44.
Old 2009-10-14, 07:58   Link #68
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
so i skipped around the ep, and the moment i realized that was Trisha, i was like OMGWTF. pretty crazy moment at that one point
At the end? I thought it was really touching. With her hair blowing and all. Ed coming back through the gate to tell Al to wait for him the second time was touching too. This series is great. I'm sure if I didn't know what happened to Hughes, from the first series, I would have cried.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Babyy View Post
I was really confused by that part too and when, I guess it was Father, tore her face off or whatever? wth?
Well, it was his subconscious and all. The whole time Pinako talked was a mix of Hohenheim's memory of her and what he himself would have said.
Old 2009-10-14, 13:05   Link #69
K_Babyy
Fullmetal Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Well, it was his subconscious and all. The whole time Pinako talked was a mix of Hohenheim's memory of her and what he himself would have said.
I know lol. Idk, I guess it was an okay episode. It was pretty good for a recap, but I still think it was unnecessary.
Old 2009-10-14, 17:12   Link #70
qwerty_
Knowledge Researcher

Good episode, nice editing and animation. And the start of broadcasting of extremely well-animated with average song and too much 'Ed in the field' OP and... meh ED. 8/1-

Wait a minute. A recap one? Really, BONES? The 1st episode, the 30s narrations at the beginning, this... And you cut some scenes from manga, huh? 6/1-

Wait another minute. Boring Hohemheim original anime drama? 5/10.

Wednesday, qwerty_? Really? You lazy.
Old 2009-10-14, 18:17   Link #71
tazilla

The recap episode was pretty good I think. 8/10 from me.

The earlier episodes were blowing through the manga at a very fast pace so I actually thought it's good to take a break, as long as future episodes aren't compromised. There were scenes in the recap that were still very dramatic even if previously watched. Showing Trisha at different ages, while emphasisng the positive effect she had on Hohenheim was quite interesting.

The new OP had some great scenes, while the ED was also good (I think Winry was talking to Ed on the phone when she blushed?). For me, having Ed/Winry moments in this series is one reason why it's better than the original, which had none at all.
Old 2009-10-14, 23:43   Link #72
K_Babyy
Fullmetal Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazilla View Post
The new OP had some great scenes, while the ED was also good (I think Winry was talking to Ed on the phone when she blushed?). For me, having Ed/Winry moments in this series is one reason why it's better than the original, which had none at all.
Yea, she probably was. =]
I agree that Brotherhood is blowing the first series away and the EdWin moments are the cherry on top!
Old 2009-10-15, 01:44   Link #73
GaimeGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Babyy View Post
Yea, she probably was. =]
I agree that Brotherhood is blowing the first series away and the EdWin moments are the cherry on top!
And brotherhood is doing so while cutting out fights (Lan Fan vs. Envy), recurring jokes (mostly regarding ed's art), scenes(Marcoh's meeting with Lust, and his kidnapping by Envy were both scenes that were taken out. In addition, 80% of Mustang's interrogation of Barry was cut out) and significantly shortening arcs (notably: Greed's arc, and probably the Ishval arc. Each of these arcs were a volume (4-5 chapters) in the manga, but only 1-1.5 eps in Brotherhood).

WE TOLD YOU THE MANGA WAS BETTER THAN THAT EUROPE CRAP
Old 2009-10-15, 09:39   Link #74
Hallgaar

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaimeGuy View Post
And brotherhood is doing so while cutting out fights (Lan Fan vs. Envy), recurring jokes (mostly regarding ed's art), scenes(Marcoh's meeting with Lust, and his kidnapping by Envy were both scenes that were taken out. In addition, 80% of Mustang's interrogation of Barry was cut out) and significantly shortening arcs (notably: Greed's arc, and probably the Ishval arc. Each of these arcs were a volume (4-5 chapters) in the manga, but only 1-1.5 eps in Brotherhood).

WE TOLD YOU THE MANGA WAS BETTER THAN THAT EUROPE CRAP
They shortened some of the earlier stuff because the first season had already covered it.
Old 2009-10-15, 14:13   Link #75
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

obviously the op lacks Winry because she will die. its like op 101. and the end is Winry centric because they're doing a tribute to "what could have been." i mean, look at who also is in the ending. Ran Fan. lost an arm. gg. see you in 10 eps minimum.

yeah, jk

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2009-10-15, 15:53   Link #76
tieria.erde
T-chan fan

the recap was very very pointless. while we waited to see Ed's return and their meeting with Father - they showed us a recap!

BUT i gave it an 8 just because of the new OP song and scenes.

ED song is not floating my boat unfortunately - boring to listen.
Old 2009-10-15, 17:01   Link #77
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I like the new OP other than that it was a flash back not much to say about it.
Old 2009-10-15, 20:56   Link #78
Umaibo

It is more like an episode with recap and fillers combined. What a god awful episode.
Old 2009-10-16, 10:10   Link #79
OkamiNoKaze

This episode was interesting, I'm glad I wasn't the only one to get Eva vibes watching it. Also who knew Pinako was that tall. Boy did she ever shrink. The new opening is pretty cool, I like the song better then the last one, but not as much as the first.
Old 2009-10-16, 11:12   Link #80
Sannom

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey
and the end is Winry centric because they're doing a tribute to "what could have been."
Nope, it shows us what's going on "now" while the brothers are away : taking care of her customers, working days and nights to improve her skills so that she could make the best automail possible for Edward, making friends and building a life of her own. If there is ever a couple EdWin, they will live in Rush Valey, Winry will bring the bread on the table and Ed will take care of the children and be a good house-husband
Closed Thread