Notices

Old 2009-10-14, 15:55   Link #101
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Honestly, is anyone else getting Bleach vibes from Kisame combining with his sword (Samehade...which seems to have a speaking role in this chapter) in order to become even more powerful. I didn't know that Kisame was a Espada....
I can see him using Ban Kai
The big bandaged sword, the spiky hair, the black robes... Yes, he's a substitute Shinigami.
Old 2009-10-14, 16:33   Link #102
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Don't worry, you're wrong...if it was raw providers, you would be correct, but simply talking about people who have already read the chapter is not against the rules...
Well then I guess I must be hallucinating when I remember seeing the fingernail dude's name being mentioned here...

Quote:
You've misunderstood the spoilers so far. Kakashi is leader of nothing, rather he is a reliable name that people in Konoha trust, so by making him a messenger (and that is what the Kages are planning to do), when he delivers the Kage's message Konoha will be more willing to believe the message simply because it is Kakashi delivering it.
They need Konoha's cooperation and to do that Gaara will communicate with Kakashi. They have already mentioned that Danzou is no more. So, they will definitely need a person that will act so.

Kakashi being mentioned as the messenger does not prevent him being considered as the person to unify the Konoha forces against Madara. And that person can safely be considered for now as the person leading Konoha. Yeah, that may change later on, but considering many instances suggesting Kakashi as a candidate for a Hokage position, and not once, there is no reason to stamp this as immediately wrong. Sometimes you just need to assume things, based on what you had seen so far. The path is open for that assumption. What you are doing is acting like Phenom.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-14, 16:59   Link #103
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
Well then I guess I must be hallucinating when I remember seeing the fingernail dude's name being mentioned here...
Ohana is not a raw provider, she supplies full summaries (which are acceptable on this forum) and scripts (which are not acceptable on this forum), but not entire chapters (she only posts pics to elucidate points of interest).

That being said, this is a pointless avenue of discussion...

Quote:
They need Konoha's cooperation and to do that Gaara will communicate with Kakashi. They have already mentioned that Danzou is no more. So, they will definitely need a person that will act so.

Kakashi being mentioned as the messenger does not prevent him being considered as the person to unify the Konoha forces against Madara. And that person can safely be considered for now as the person leading Konoha. Yeah, that may change later on, but considering many instances suggesting Kakashi as a candidate for a Hokage position, and not once, there is no reason to stamp this as immediately wrong. Sometimes you just need to assume things, based on what you had seen so far. The path is open for that assumption.
None of this is mentioned in the current spoilers. What Konoha may or may not do is unimportant to the point I was making (and the point you had wrong). The Kages are doing nothing about installing a new Hokage, they aren't even deciding, in this chapter, who will lead the allience (or at least the spoilers haven't mentioned the possible leader). Rather, they need to send a message to Konoha, and they need someone reliable and trustworty to take the message. Hence Kakashi's importance.

Could Kakashi become Hokage after Danzou's downfall? Possibly. I have even said in the past that he wouldn't be a bad choice (I don't necessarily think he is a good choice, just not a bad choice). But such speculation was not part of your text (that I was disagreeing with), rather you were still under the false impression that the Kages were trying to do something for Kakashi. I merely pointed out that the new spoilers disagreed with what you were saying, not that your speculation was unfounded.

Quote:
What you are doing is acting like Phenom.
LOL, I didn't realize you were so desperate for Phenomenal's criticism (positive or negative) that you would even try and start labeling others with his name...

Last edited by james0246; 2009-10-14 at 17:23.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-14, 17:11   Link #104
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
LOL, I didn't realize you were so desperate for Phenomenal's criticism (positive or negative) that you would even try and start labeling others with his name...
well, Your first reply about the raw provider did seem a little rude....

Either way, let me get this right, The original spoiler about the Kages nominating Kakashi as the leader, was off, and it is really electing Kakashi to send a message to Konoha?
Old 2009-10-14, 17:22   Link #105
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
well, Your first reply about the raw provider did seem a little rude....
Really? Well, if others found it rude, then I apologise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
Either way, let me get this right, The original spoiler about the Kages nominating Kakashi as the leader, was off, and it is really electing Kakashi to send a message to Konoha?
Exactly. The current spoilers only indicate that the Kages want someone trustworthy to deliver the message of Danzou's douchebaggery, Madara's declaration of a 4th Great War, and the desire for an alliance.
Old 2009-10-14, 17:26   Link #106
Bombo
TSF Fans

Spoiler for ABOUT SPOILER:

===========
Spoiler for !!!!:
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-14, 17:29   Link #107
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Sigh, I guess you have missed a lengthy discussion. Unfortunately I won't make this take pages longs as usual since I am not eager doing this.
Quote:
Ohana is not a raw provider, she supplies full summaries (which are acceptable on this forum) and scripts (which are not acceptable on this forum), but not entire chapters (she only posts pics to elucidate points of interest).

That being said, this is a pointless avenue of discussion. If you have a beef with Ohana, take it up with her in a forum she actually visits...
I believe I only reminded the rules about this, as one thing leads to another, there is a reason why the rules are set to prevent that. This never means that I have anything against that person. After all, I am also following the content provided by that person. But not here. And there is a reason why that person does not post here, or that person's posts are not typically posted here. And a reason why some people who posted the content provided by that person here receive warnings or bans.

Quote:
None of this is mentioned in the current spoilers. What Konoha may or may not do is unimportant to the point I was making (and the point you had wrong). The Kages are doing nothing about installing a new Hokage, they aren't even deciding, in this chapter, who will lead the allience (or at least the spoilers haven't mentioned the possible leader). Rather, they need to send a message to Konoha, and they need someone reliable and trustworty to take the message. Hence Kakashi's importance.
Raikage suggests that Danzou will not be in power anymore: meaning, Konoha will need to elect another leader or a person to act so temporarily.

Then the name Kakashi is being thrown. As a trustable ally from Konoha.

You don't discuss serious matters with a person you don't think as being seriously helpful. And seriously helpful means, a person that is at least as powerful as the advisors. And with the absence of a Hokage, as powerful as the whole advisory council. To me that means they are putting a lot of faith in Kakashi.

Also, you never send a message with someone whom you don't think as powerful enough to trigger the requested changes. Especially, when Konoha lacks the leadership, which everyone is aware of at the moment.

And let us not forget, a reference to his father was made, who can be considered as a potential Kage candidate if he were to be still alive. At least that may be what Tsuchikage might have thought at that moment.

Quote:
Could Kakashi become Hokage after Danzou's downfall? Possibly. I have even said in the past that he wouldn't be a bad choice (I don't necessarily think he is a good choice, just not a bad choice). But such speculation was not part of your text (that I was disagreeing with), rather you were still under the false impression that the Kages were trying to do something for Kakashi. I merely pointed out that the new spoilers disagreed with what you were saying, not that your speculation was unfounded.
If there is a reason for choosing Kakashi for that, then that means they believe he has the qualities. Gaara would have used Naruto, as I am sure he trusts Naruto more than any other Konoha ninja. And if trust is only the issue in selecting a messenger. However, he wouldn't get such an approval from the others. Kakashi is a candidate in many aspects, and I believe that is a big reason why Gaara gave his name instead of another.

And if you combine that information with many others, what Kishi intends to as of now is to put him in a respectable position. I am sure we can agree on the following that it shouldn't be easy for someone to get the approval of the Kages there, unless that person has all the qualities necessary in addition to being trustworthy.

Quote:
I did give that reference, because I wasn't comfortable with the way you responded. And that kind of response is something I got used to receiving form Phenom or his clones, but not from you. If you can, consider it as a friendly reminder (previous selection sounds harsher so I changed it)...
Old 2009-10-14, 17:57   Link #108
james0246

Quote:
Raikage suggests that Danzou will not be in power anymore: meaning, Konoha will need to elect another leader or a person to act so temporarily.

Then the name Kakashi is being thrown. As a trustable ally from Konoha.

You don't discuss serious matters with a person you don't think as being seriously helpful. And seriously helpful means, a person that is at least as powerful as the advisors. And with the absence of a Hokage, as powerful as the whole advisory council. To me that means they are putting a lot of faith in Kakashi.

Also, you never send a message with someone whom you don't think as powerful enough to trigger the requested changes. Especially, when Konoha lacks the leadership, which everyone is aware of at the moment.
I didn't (and don't) disagree with a single thing here. Once again, I am not doubting or trying to disprove the speculation that Kakashi could become Hokage. I was only pointing out that Kakashi was not being assigned any specific leadership position, which is what your initial post was all about.

Please stop trying to divert the conversation away from the intial points. You said the Kages were assigning some level of leadership to Kakashi (whether as a small group or larger). I disagreed, and pointed out that the spoiler had changed to elucidate that Kakashi was only being used as a messenger. That is where the conversation should have ended, but, instead, you have decided to converse over the possibility that being chosen as a messenger means that the Kages secretly think Kakashi could be the Hokage, and other realms of speculation that may very well be correct, but were not what I was talking about originally.

I'll say it once again, Kakashi is not being chosen for any specific leadership role. Could he be eventually? Maybe. Did the Kages choose him because they think Konoha may accept him as the Hokage? Possibly (then again, choosing a Leader is a little different from choosing a proper messanger...). All of these possibilities and speculations could very well be true, but, none of them were why I responded to you originally.

That being said, I am done with this conversation. If you took personal offense to my intial post, then I apologise. If you wish to respond, please do, but I doubt I will respond in kind. Otherwise, have a good day and I hope to see you when the chapter is released.

Last edited by james0246; 2009-10-14 at 18:25.
Old 2009-10-14, 18:03   Link #109
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

The Kakashi spoiler info is pretty self explanatory.

The Tsuchikage asks what will they do about Konoha now that Danzou is a scumbag.
The Raikage says that if Konoha knew he was a scumbag, his status as leader would be in the toilet.
Gaara says he will relay the information and talk to some Konoha ninja they can trust. When asked for someone specific, he says Kakashi, which the others agree to.

So Gaara and his siblings will seek out Kakashi and tell him what Danzou tried to pull at the Summit. That's pretty much it.

How nja got that Kakashi would be Supreme Commander out of that I'll never know. But he really only gets to glance at the chapters. Plus he admits he likes to drink a little.
Old 2009-10-14, 18:08   Link #110
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu

I just read a detailed spoiler summary. I'm not sure about the rules for posting long detailed spoilers, so I'll just drop a tid-bit I found interesting.

Spoiler for Spoiler:

Imagine if Madara offered one of the Bijuu to Sasuke on a temporary basis to help them beat the kage alliance. Sasuke with his mangekyo sharingan, cursed seal, and a bijuu would be redonkulous.
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-14, 18:30   Link #111
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Wolf-Of-Mibu View Post
Imagine if Madara offered one of the Bijuu to Sasuke on a temporary basis to help them beat the kage alliance. Sasuke with his mangekyo sharingan, cursed seal, and a bijuu would be redonkulous.
Sasuke does not have the cursed seal anymore. And putting a regular Bijuu in him would mean his death, if we are to believe in Madara's plans. Because, to achieve his goal, he needs the power of all the bijuu's so that he can awaken the 10-tails. And, without Rinnegan, Madara cannot wake up Sasuke from dead in case he needs Sasuke for his final plan.
Old 2009-10-14, 18:50   Link #112
ChojinLocke
Year 2
*Author

Danzou was only appointed Hokage because of something happening to Tsunade right? So, if Tsunade recovers she is Hokage no? So, that would mean Kakashi fills the gap of replcament Hokage until Tsunade recovers..well I think Danzou will kill her and Sasuke might kill Kakashi..or something like that..by the way it's a bit of a joke now coz i dont wanna see Kakashi die a second time..better not go that route again if Kishimoto doesnt have the balls to kill characters the first time around.
ChojinLocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-14, 19:22   Link #113
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Wolf-Of-Mibu View Post
The Kages all seemed to agree that they should find Bee quickly and keep him and Naruto protected and in the back lines so to speak. But then the Tsuchikage argues that with the 7 bijuu that Madara already has, his forces might be too strong. So he suggests that instead Bee and Naruto be used offensively as the spear-tip of the "allied forces" fight against Madara.
The Tsuchikage has no personal attachment to either Kirabi or Naruto. So his suggestion is not surprising. Unlike the other three Kages, he is not interested in protecting them.

Down the road there could be a split between the Kages and the Tsuchikage seems like the first to peel off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChojinLocke View Post
Danzou was only appointed Hokage because of something happening to Tsunade right? So, if Tsunade recovers she is Hokage no? So, that would mean Kakashi fills the gap of replcament Hokage until Tsunade recovers..well I think Danzou will kill her and Sasuke might kill Kakashi..or something like that..by the way it's a bit of a joke now coz i dont wanna see Kakashi die a second time..better not go that route again if Kishimoto doesnt have the balls to kill characters the first time around.
From reading chapter 450 again, it seems like Tsunade was replaced. Even if she wakes up, she is no longer Hokage. The Fire Lord wanted to wait until she recovered, but the two elders insisted a new Hokage needed to be named now.

Danzou won the support of the Fire Lord and Konoha Council. Now all he needs is the vote of the jounin. He planned on winning that after a successful Kage Summit. Whoops.

So if Danzou is out, someone else will have to be named. We already know Kakashi has the jounin support since Shikamaru's dad, who is the Head jounin, nominated him.
Old 2009-10-14, 19:43   Link #114
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
So if Danzou is out, someone else will have to be named. We already know Kakashi has the jounin support since Shikamaru's dad, who is the Head jounin, nominated him.
If Tsunade somehow retains her health, she can continue to act as Hokage. Much like how Sandaime did, after Yondaime died.

Right now, there is no one that can replace her, even if that person would be appointed there temporarily. And, Danzou seems to have lost all the credibility he needed to retain that position. So, it will be revoked soon enough.

And, if someone has to be named as the Hokage right now, there is no choice other than Kakashi, and he may relinquish the title once Tsunade wakes up. There is nothing that should prevent him doing that, Sandaime must have done that in favor of Yondaime.
Old 2009-10-14, 20:02   Link #115
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChojinLocke View Post
well I think Danzou will kill her and Sasuke might kill Kakashi..
I think Danzou and Kakashi are going to fight when Kakashi tells the Konoha what Danzou really did at the summit. I'm sure Danzou will spin the story to make him seem like the good guy. Then we will get to see 2 non-Uchiha Sharingan users fight.
Old 2009-10-14, 20:09   Link #116
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu

Konoha always seemed overpowered with so many uber ninjas

But now look at them.

Sandaime dead. Tsunade out of service. Jiraiya dead. Orochimaru defected and dead. Sasuke gone.

Their notable Ninjas are Naruto, Kakashi, Gai, Neji, Lee, Shikamaru, Yamato and some miscallaneous ninja parents

Hopefully with this whole ninja war thing well get to see more action from other parts of Konoha which haven't gotten enough exposure. Eg Rest of the Hyuugas and ANBU. I want more anbu action
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-14, 21:06   Link #117
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Exactly. The current spoilers only indicate that the Kages want someone trustworthy to deliver the message of Danzou's douchebaggery, Madara's declaration of a 4th Great War, and the desire for an alliance.
That's good, because the initial information seemed too random to be real.
Old 2009-10-14, 21:50   Link #118
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
However the Kages who were just debating who would be leader just randomly says 'Hey Kakashi should be leader' after never testing his abilities, leadership, strategic mind. I know Kakashi is all these things but randomly deciding it should be Kakashi with Raikage and Tsuchikage agreeing is just really random.

Also Kakashi isnt even big in this game of ninjas anymore he is merely the 7th Hokage's Advisor.
So call it the lesser of two randoms.
Old 2009-10-14, 21:53   Link #119
ChojinLocke
Year 2
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
I think Danzou and Kakashi are going to fight when Kakashi tells the Konoha what Danzou really did at the summit. I'm sure Danzou will spin the story to make him seem like the good guy. Then we will get to see 2 non-Uchiha Sharingan users fight.
The problem I have with any Kakashi fights from now on is that in the back of my mind he died and came back from the dead with plot hole no jutsu so I just dont wanna see his mask-face fight again coz I hate these kind of plot holes (and that includes all the other guys that died/revived from the Pain invasion. Instead I think a Tsunade/Danzou clash/double KO is more relevant considering that she has all the knowledge about the real history of Danzou (foreshadowing with Jiraya) which she will reveal to us (The true events) if/when they fight.

Ps: Your avatar is Drizzt?
ChojinLocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-14, 22:30   Link #120
james0246

What the hell happened to Ao?

Tags
weekly chapter discussion